It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Colton Harris-Moore, the barefoot boy bandit, outfoxes sheriffs

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 12:28 AM
link   
I don't condone the theft of another person's property or belongings. These are some of the lessons in life my parents taught me.

But, I'm not all that sure this kid was taught right from wrong or that either of his parents had very high morals.

Kohler said she was proud her son had stolen the aircraft because he had never had a flying lesson in his life. “I was going to send him to flight school, but I guess I don’t have to,”

I truly think from what I've read, this is a case of poor parenting. Its unfortunate, now that his status has been raised to "Armed & Dangerous" this 18 yr old boy will probably end up being shot to death. I pray he is not, because he could still learn to be a better person.

Hopefully, his mother does not get all the money from any movie deals down the road...

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 12:29 AM
link   
reply to post by B.Morrison

Sorry if I came across close minded, but after reading the posts on the first page glamorizing this kid, it struck me that the people who wrote them had not placed themselves in shoes of the victims. Thus allowing themselves to be apathetic or uncaring of the victims.

HAHA, but I love how people justify their criminal beliefs by scapegoating "TPTB". You can make up any justifications you want but fact of the matter is that this kid broke into peoples homes and stole form them. I dont know his personal reasons for it but to me it is because he is to lazy to get a job at burger king. No different than the inner city hoodlum who would rob someones house. Just because this kid has some serious boy scout training does not make him any less of a parasite on society.

Has he crash landed 2 planes, right? Im sure he is doing that as a protest against being a cog in the wheel supporting "TPTB".

[edit on 7-12-2009 by Desolate Cancer]

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 12:37 AM
link   
While I admire the gall and pair he must have to commit these acts, away from the "romantic" Tom Sawyer-essque angle that I think people enjoy, the fact of the matter is that he is probably unstable, and a danger to himself and others, and I'm rather amazed police and FBI were unable to retrieve him.

Very interesting story, I have to admit. It seems a bit "tall" if you ask me, but still a cool read. But I do hope they catch him soon.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 12:43 AM
link   
This kid is just a thief, a clever thief but still just that. He hasn't done a decent thing to help anyone. He is not sabotaging logging operations, feeding the hungry ala Robin Hood, or acting as a partisan in a war, but as a burglar which is why he was in a halfway house to begin with. Everything he has done has been for personal gain and at a large risk to others (gasoline station explosion). If guns were stolen he probably has them and whether he took a pot shot he is in the # now. His best move would be to head back north and lay low in the wilderness until things simmer down. I think his ego is probably too big for that now. With the types of risks he is taking it is only a matter of time before his luck runs out, even with an 18-year old constitution.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Desolate Cancer

HAHA, I love how people justify their criminal beliefs by scapegoating "TPTB".

do you? well i'm sorry but I dislike the fact that every post you written here contains DISGUSTING generalisations. makes me glad you aren't making decisions on my behalf...ala..government.

You can make up any justifications you want but fact of the matter is that this kid broke into peoples homes and stole form them.

oh is that your beef now? change the arguement to suit your side...by all means....*slaps forhead+a loud Charlie brown GOOD GRIEF!*

I dont know his personal reasons for it but to me it is because he is to lazy to get a job at burger king.

based on that logic, I can now say that black people run faster than white people. no evidence or personal experience required to back my opinion, just generalisations.....because I guess according to you thats all you need right?

No different than the inner city hoodlum who would rob someones house.

wow...dunno how to argue against such compelling points....every thief is the same, no differences whatsoever....learn something new everyday...

btw eveything i have said suggesting i agree with you, is OOZING sarcasm, just in case you didn't pick that up.

Just because this kid has some serious boy scout training does not make him any less of a parasite on society.

no one mentioned the words 'boy scout training' anywhere on anything.
YOU are now the one making things up. let me make it perfectly clear that I'm an a-hole to argue with, you HAVE to choose your words carefully or I'll pick you apart like a vulture.

Has he crash landed 2 planes, right? Im sure he is doing that as a protest against being a cog in the wheel supporting "TPTB".

my guess is that you are mistaken, although its obviously a sarcastic statement.

and you laugh at the idea of your pointless career supporting (lets be specific) the illegal and inhuman banking cartels...the members of the bildeberg group...the long used tactic of the u.s to enslave other nations by bombing the sh1t out of them and following it up with infinate debt loans.

the african slave traders use a microcosm of this system to enslave villagers.

supporting these things with your labour & money is nothing to be proud about, nor is it something you should be trying to sustain.

just my 2 cent.

-B.M

P.S) please don't waste my time, if you've actually got something to say then say it, otherwise just agree 2 disagree mmmmmk?

P.P.S) i just read your edited post, I appreciate the added even-handedness, but the quotes in this post are from before your edit, your ORIGINAL sentiments, and will stay that way. simply because I believe that if you're going to say something, damned well commit to it or admit you didn't %100 believe your own nonsense in the first place.

[edit on 7/12/09 by B.Morrison]

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 12:46 AM
link   
That kids dead. He has been listed as armed and dangerous. Now cops will shot as him as soon as they see him.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Actually if you stop and think about it, parts of this story is very sad and tragic, however it does have an humorous quality as well.

This poor kid has a great track record for stealing a get-a-way vehicle, unfortunately he cannot for the life of him seem to stop them without crash landing..... his life story that we are given seems to follow the same pattern.

I would wonder however if this kid really wants help or attention. If it's attention he wants, he has it, Question is: what will he do with that attention, and will it be the kind of attention he thought he wanted?

I really hope this story plays out with a better ending than I fear it may.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 12:57 AM
link   
This kid is obviously a product of bad parenting, but until he hurts someone I am going to have to set out a pizza for him at night. Why not like this story except for the fact that he/family probably have a few issues to iron out haha.

Reminds me of a cross of Joe Dirt/James Bond

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 12:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Pappa_Bear

ditto, that accounts for my sentiment of trying to help him find life extending solutions to his situations, rather than call the cops & have him locked up.

he IS smart, and the mistakes he is making should not define him and certainly not shorten his life. again just my 2 cent. Aside from the law breaking, I'm sure I could learn a wealth of information from this kid, just from his experience living in the woods & his knowledge of useful technologies & his ability to self-teach (rare as anything).

-B.M

p.s) to people who've already condoned this kid to jail/death....don't sell out this kids future because of your own short sightedness.

p.p.s) I hope this kid is never caught, because he will need to be free if he is to have a chance at growing into a better person.

Originally posted by GreenBicMan
This kid is obviously a product of bad parenting

there has to be more to it than that, something unique about this kid to make him react to his childhood the way he did, I grew up in bad areas, there weren't any good parents that I knew about there, nor were any of the law breaking children rejecting society & running off to live in the woods.

but until he hurts someone I am going to have to set out a pizza for him at night. Why not like this story except for the fact that he/family probably have a few issues to iron out haha.
Reminds me of a cross of Joe Dirt/James Bond

-B.M

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 01:01 AM
link   
I guarantee you he ain't living in the woods right now. That would take too much time collecting the necessary raw resources just to survive, like gathering dry wood and keeping it lit through-out the night. If any of you have ever lived by fireplace or camp fire then you know exactly what I'm talking about. Camping in the woods in the summer time is fun. Not so in winter and at that latitude.

Where he's probably at right now is an abandoned trailer where he's ran some extension cords to another person's house or trailer to keep his portable heater running. He can run those same extension cords to a building or even a construction site with temporary power hook ups.

And that is how they will need to go about catching him in the winter by following his heat footprint. Without heat he dies right now, period. If somebody pays attention to their utility bill then he's busted. But if it's a big business or something he's likely to remain invisible in that respect except for the extension cords. He must have electricity right now!

Also, snow and wind are working against him too. Snow will leave tracks and keep his bare feet nice and wet which will lead to sickness or even frostbite. Wind will do the same things. If he get's good and ill in a snow environment than the fun and games are over.

Once they get a really good freeze up there he wont be doing as much laughing unless he has accomplices who are letting him live in their houses which is not out of the question either and could change the dimensions of why he's not been caught yet, since he would be receiving outside assistance at that point.

Cold will also limit your mobility because of the exposure to extreme conditions. In other words you wont be able to forage as long and as far. Therefore his thieving escapades should dwindle in it's parameters during the months of December to March.

This is the authorities best window of opportunity. Once it warms up again he can sleep anywhere and stay still for hours. Not so right now. If he tries to hunker down in freezing temperatures he will only have a couple of hours to play possum if a dragnet is around him again. Then the body will say "Game Over" wether he wants to give up or not.

I think either an alert land owner will turn him in or an alert home owner will do him in at this point.

Finally, lady luck is a very fair weathered girl. With emphasis on weather. Nature can work to your advantage and then turn to your extreme disadvantage which is what he's in for in the next few months. If the cops are smart then this is their most productive time to search for him.

[edit on 7-12-2009 by 3DPrisoner]

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 01:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by GreenBicMan
but until he hurts someone I am going to have to set out a pizza for him at night.

I agree. We should set up a fund to donate to for this kids pizza lol.

To all you whingers crying about how he is a criminal and we shouldn't pity/support him. Get the hell over yourselves. Not that I'm religious but "Let he who has no sin cast the first stone".

And the case of the single shot being fired? What a load of baloney. NO PROOF EXISTS that it was the boy except SPECULATION.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Bad parenting comes in a lot of forms I am sure. Who knows what happened to him, or what he saw. I doubt me and that kid have the same outlook on life so I don't really even want to speculate. But I would like the gull to take off on a plane, crash it, then go forge for some berries just because stealing planes is getting old. So I do give him credit.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 01:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

Yes,

Although I cannot say that I am in the position to be donating right now haha, but I hear you can transfer it to this guy in Africa with PayPal and he takes care of everything lol.

But seriously, this kid should get a reality show. I would watch.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 01:11 AM
link   
his has too be one of the funniest things i have ever heared of no shoes just night vivion goggles and a fetish for pizzas then again who hasnt got a fetsh for pizza 50 burgs and still running around he'ss ought a be concrtulauted lol

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Well as you may notice, I do state that according "to the story we are given"; unfortunately there are large gaps in his story, especially of his time allegedly spent in Canada, and why he felt compelled to leave in an stolen plane. We can theorize, but without facts and background reports from his younger home life, we are left with the official story we are given.

Also, with the additional allegations of being "armed and dangerous", the police may not be so lenient if given the chance and opportunity. By the facts given, it is my opinion that he may also be progressing towards more violent behavior. Whether this is due to pursuit or adrenaline rush due to committing an illegal act, remains to be seen. Let us hope that violence against innocent people do not begin with this kid; as this is most likely the only break he may get from this situation.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 01:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Pappa_Bear

greenbicman - lol+agreed

pappa_bear -

you just put words to a bad feelin i had in my gut but couldn't figure out...theres a mammoth chance of him becoming violent isn't there...i mean even just based on how crazy/extreme the situations he's already lived have been...whats next?.. hopefully not violent crimes against humans, because i agree with you his lucky breaks might be drawing to a close...
I hope not tho. maybe the new risks will settle him down a bit, he might get bored of the crime and focus on the berries...who knows!

I also agree with 'we can only go with the official story' but would add the testimonials from other posters who seem to live in the area, to that.

-B.M

P.S)starred ur posts along with many others than counter my ideas, as long as its a valid contribution to the discussion it gets a star from me

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 01:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by DimensionalDetective
reply to post by conspiracyrus

Haha, yeah, this kid is like something out of a James Bond flick.

While I don't condone his criminal antics, I have to say he is certainly one clever young man. A shame he could not have used his wits in a more productive manner.

Definitely not a story one hears every day, to be sure!

The authorities will never rest until he is put away in a prison for a very very long time!!!

Such a shame, because the world needs people like this to teach us how useless we are.

Cleaning the 'scum of bacteria' from the world as the authorities would have us believe is a good thing - is actually setting us up for a massive infection at a later date. Probably the NWO one

I agree with the OP - this guy might have broken the law and flirted with danger as a daily basis, but obviously he is not only more intelligent than a bunch of silly cops - but he's more resourceful too! Doing that from the woods must be a hard thing

Abductee

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 02:11 AM
link   

Wow, you sure do like the sound of your own voice.

This kid has night vision goggles? Right.. I wonder where he stole them from.

He has a mobile phone? I wonder who's it was.

He orders pizza? I wonder who's wallet he's taking the money for it from.

Oh but he's allowed all those things, because he's living the good life in the forrest with all the bunnies and squirrels. He's a hero. We should strive to be more like him.

Yeah, sure... So if the kid lived at home and was sucking off his mothers breast while at night thieving from his neighbours, that's a crime... but if he lives in the woods, hey, lets call him a hero.. Lets throw him a party.

Pathetic.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 02:27 AM
link   
i just can't believe all the flak you chumps are giving this kid.
here we are on ATS, stewing in the ultimate crimes against humanity and you guys seriously have to take the time to post negative things about this guy, or negative replies to people who enjoy it?

he lives how we all want to, freely, unhinged adventure and autonomy. if he can life off a few stolen things, we all can. you think stealing a few things to get buy is bad? you're angry because you are deeply jealous and materialistic and live in apathy of the chains your insane government binds you with, and you are so apathetic and desensitized that you instantly dislike this kid for doing the things you wish you could deeply, even if you realize it or not.
but what i was saying, he can get by with these few things, we all can, and you guys are pricks for saying you'd shoot him dead for taking things you don't even need.

yeah i honestly think you guys are just projecting hate on him because you wish deep down inside you could be like him, that we could all be like him, because we all do. be real with yourselves, stop typing with authority and Punctiation. 'a person doesn't describe themself better than when they are judging others', 'behind every fear is a wish', etc.

i used to steal all the time when i was a teenager, i was mad about so many things. but try thinking about the tragedy of the native americans in this country and not want to weep.

we are all humans and we need to get over our egos. it's pathetic. this kid embodies the boundless nature of the blazing soul. he shouldn't have to steal things to get what he needs, we should all be altruistic and love unconditionally.

we should all be altruistic and love unconditionally. get over yourselves and be human beings.

oh and the 'rifle shot' is not his MO if you ask me. i'd love to be wrong if it meant nobody got hurt but i can almost garuntee that is some cop BS to gun him down cause they can't catch a barefoot 18 year old on an island.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 02:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by B.Morrison
this is by far my new favourite thing ever.

this kid is living my fantasy come true, admittedly with a lot more trouble causing but still, that kid is freaking awesome

down with structured society, up with the renegades....

-B.M

P.S)
just read back through all the negative comments directed at this kid,

wahh wahh wahh he uses modern technology!!!

yup, because hes smart enough not to make things harder for himself then he has to.

wahh wahh wahh he's a criminal!!!

So are you. everyone here is typing away atop stolen land.
everyone living is carrying '___' on their persons as its a naturally produced chemical of the brain, and also happens to be the most illegal substance you can get caught with, carrying the heaviest penalties.

the law is nonsense, this kid just realised that he's on his own, always has been, as are all of us. you & your friends and family are the only ones who give a rats ass about you.

wahh wahh if he steals my stuff i'll shoot him dead...arrrgh...what a tough admirable idividual i am....

your worthless junk Vs. the life of an 18 year old VERY SMART human........hmmm.....sorry the kids life takes preference.

take a life for any other reason but to stay alive, and you don't deserve to live, my 2 cent.

wahhh none of its real...hes too cool....knows too much...wah..

just collectively grow up please. a little perspective wouldn't go astray, i.e all the 'haters' are missing the point.

wahh didn't consider the potential for human harm when he crashed into that petrol station....

He evaded a police pursuit by crashing a Mercedes-Benz into a roadside gas storage tank, using the explosion as a diversion to escape back into the woods where, he says, he feels like a Native American.

this is either poetic license on the journo's part or twisting the facts by the police, obviously they've spent waaaay too long trying to catch this kid & it sh1ts them. the shooting incident is unprooven and the crash cannot be proven to have been planned. most likely (following logic) he crashed by accident & the explosion enable his getaway, but i doubt he planned to use a gas tank exploding in his face, as an escape route, unless he suddenly lost all the intelligence he obviously had in the first place to be able to survive how he has. It doesn't make sense that he would initiate such a stupid plan.

I completely and 100% agree with B.Morrison on everything in this post. I can't find a point of disagreement.

If society was more open to freedom and fun, this kid would be a folk-hero in a positive light instead of a negative one. All of our stupid selfishness has driven this kid mad. You think it's just his parents? You're wrong. His parents are just an example of the whole problem. We have become a bunch of pathetically lazy, untalented, and useless individuals whose business in life is to make money -- which, by the way, is being hoarded by the people who do nothing of real value.

This kid, whether he be a good Christian or an evil criminal, is a hero and an example to us all. Watch as he crushes corrupt law single-handedly.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join