It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Colton Harris-Moore, the barefoot boy bandit, outfoxes sheriffs

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

His Mother was interviewed on FoxNews a couple of months ago. One thing was clear, his Mother is likely 90% of the problem. If he ends up shot, look to her to assign blame. The interview was pretty damning. I'd bet he spends plenty of nights at home and is being provided supplies.
Are you reffering to this badgering and assault by the idiot Shepherder Smith on the mom? I swear Shep needs his ass kicked. what an idiot.

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by LucidDreamer85

well tell you what, just move on to that area, then tell me how you feel after he's visited your home and helped himself.

The night vision goggle would be to determine when it was safe for him to break into your house. No I don't call that survival, I call that theft, criminal activity. I also call the people that seem to support this as endorsing his criminal activities.

Your argument was not though thru very well. Care to try again?

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 09:03 PM
link   
anything .co.uk is crap...

telegraph, guardian, timesonline

all got news that isn't "news"

they have the worst reporters and journalists that I know of.

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 09:14 PM
link   
I see only good things in this kids future!

on a lighter note,, he's quite a clever person.

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 09:15 PM
link   
The sheer amount of ignorance being displayed throughout much of the first page of this thread astounds me. Folk hero, indeed, lol. I know it is everyone's ignorant knee-jerk reaction to automatically side with anyone "fighting the man", especially when they are outnumbered.

But just stop and think for a minute about how this fool is nothing more than a miserable criminal. If I lived around there and he stepped foot on my property while my family and I were home he would have two in his chest before he even heard the gunshot.

Nobody has the right to come on my property and take my stuff....well, other than "the man" I guess, lol.

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Video games didnt teach him that, the movies did oh boy here comes another fake article

and also this is a new article giving video games a bad image well giving the movie industry a pass.

[edit on 6-12-2009 by Agent_USA_Supporter]

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 09:45 PM
link   
I applaud this kid.. no rules, just out, enjoying the world, making the most of his time... we should all be envious of him, and strive to be more like him. we all live with too much stress and anxiety... to be truly free like he is.. must be great.

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 09:55 PM
link   
I got three words to describe this kid "Stainless Steel Rat"

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 09:58 PM
link   
He lives in the woods? Sounds like a hermit or something. I hope he doesn't have any weapons.

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 10:29 PM
link   
I will say he's doing the things I never had the stones to do at his age. If for no other reason than he's rejecting the rat race we call life I say good on him. He can't live by the twisted rules of society so he's making his own, there's a certain romanticism in that. I'm ambivalent in some regards towards this but emotionally I'm totally in his camp. Intellectually I'm unsure.

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 11:04 PM
link   
I have to admit, I like this bloke hehe. Criminal activity aside, as long as he doesn't hurt anyone physically then I wouldn't mind having a few items stolen from my place - as long as it was him and I could chuckle about it afterwards.

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Hopefully everyone understands that this isn't some Peter Pan fantasy. This is a kid who has stolen firearms and has taken a shot at police officers who were investigating his latest burglary. I think the story is interesting, but hardly innocent.

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 11:30 PM
link   
He is truly free. (For now)

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kryties
I have to admit, I like this bloke hehe. Criminal activity aside, as long as he doesn't hurt anyone physically then I wouldn't mind having a few items stolen from my place - as long as it was him and I could chuckle about it afterwards.

What if it was your place where he used the mercedes to divert the police's attention and escape into the woods? What were his thoughts about the possible people around the gas station before it blew up?

To paraphrase a bit, "Its always Romanticism until someone gets hurt."

ps. Always love your sig

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 11:35 PM
link   
this is by far my new favourite thing ever.

this kid is living my fantasy come true, admittedly with a lot more trouble causing but still, that kid is freaking awesome

down with structured society, up with the renegades....

-B.M

P.S)
just read back through all the negative comments directed at this kid,

wahh wahh wahh he uses modern technology!!!

yup, because hes smart enough not to make things harder for himself then he has to.

wahh wahh wahh he's a criminal!!!

So are you. everyone here is typing away atop stolen land.
everyone living is carrying '___' on their persons as its a naturally produced chemical of the brain, and also happens to be the most illegal substance you can get caught with, carrying the heaviest penalties.

the law is nonsense, this kid just realised that he's on his own, always has been, as are all of us. you & your friends and family are the only ones who give a rats ass about you.

wahh wahh if he steals my stuff i'll shoot him dead...arrrgh...what a tough admirable idividual i am....

your worthless junk Vs. the life of an 18 year old VERY SMART human........hmmm.....sorry the kids life takes preference.

take a life for any other reason but to stay alive, and you don't deserve to live, my 2 cent.

wahhh none of its real...hes too cool....knows too much...wah..

just collectively grow up please. a little perspective wouldn't go astray, i.e all the 'haters' are missing the point.

wahh didn't consider the potential for human harm when he crashed into that petrol station....

He evaded a police pursuit by crashing a Mercedes-Benz into a roadside gas storage tank, using the explosion as a diversion to escape back into the woods where, he says, he feels like a Native American.

this is either poetic license on the journo's part or twisting the facts by the police, obviously they've spent waaaay too long trying to catch this kid & it sh1ts them. the shooting incident is unprooven and the crash cannot be proven to have been planned. most likely (following logic) he crashed by accident & the explosion enable his getaway, but i doubt he planned to use a gas tank exploding in his face, as an escape route, unless he suddenly lost all the intelligence he obviously had in the first place to be able to survive how he has. It doesn't make sense that he would initiate such a stupid plan.

[edit on 7/12/09 by B.Morrison]

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 11:52 PM
link   
you people commending him are sad cases.

This boy is nothing more than a parasite, he is stealing and leaching off of other hard work. He obviously has no regard for other peoples safety or he wouldnt have crashed his car into the gas tank and took shots at people.

Just think about this would you still be applauding the kid if he broke into your house or your moms house and stole and trashed the place?

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 11:57 PM
link   
I am here to confirm this is NOT a movie ad or anything like that...I lived on camano for about a year and just moved to whidbey island about 1 month ago. As far as the island...its small. The police force is just partially pitiful. His mom lives on camano and he has been spotted sitting in the car talking to her but the cops would not approach her because she apparently has a gun. The police force has been just shy of laughed at to their face, but they are getting close

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by evil gnome
Hopefully everyone understands that this isn't some Peter Pan fantasy. This is a kid who has stolen firearms and has taken a shot at police officers who were investigating his latest burglary.

There is no proof of that.

No bullet, no shell casing or spent cartridge either.

But now the government paramilitaries can kill him since that little "fact" has been put out there.

[edit on 6-12-2009 by Exuberant1]

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Exuberant1

you have to understand...camano is a very small island with no crime what so ever. You could sleep with your door open and nothing would happen..until colten came along. So when cars are stolen and guns are stolen..he is the only obvious suspect. Camano is full of nothing but retirees and rich folk.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Desolate Cancer
you people commending him are sad cases.

you people who start sentances with 'you people'.....

generally are
A.)ignorant
B.)rather jump on the bandwagon than do the research
C.)judgemental & arrogant
D.)opinionated, but not educated.

And my personal experience with people with the above traits, is that they don't say much worth listening to unless I was seeking to become frustrated or annoyed.

This boy is nothing more than a parasite,

mankind is too.

he is stealing and leaching off of other hard work.

working to survive is fine, and necessary....

but working hard to support 'tptb' and in reality being spoon fed false security, is pointless, futile & in a way, means you're contributing to the problem by supporting the current system.

The banks can pull the rug out from under your feet whenever they want, the military can invade your home if someone gives the command,

being a 'good little cog' in society, does not make you safer or more secure in anyway whatsoever, so maybe you should be asking yourself the question...

why bother?

to pay taxes that aren't law but constitute jail time if unpaid, regardless?

He obviously has no regard for other peoples safety or he wouldnt have crashed his car into the gas tank and took shots at people.

as I point out in the post directly above yours,
which you assumably didn't read,

niether of those things can be proven, and if you think that the prospect of death or jailtime wouldn't afffect your levels of concern for others, you are sadly mistaken, you'd be suprised what you're capable of in desperate situations, like being persued by an entire police force at 18 years of age.

which is another really good point, i'm 22 and still make stupid desicions & mistakes. this KID is only 18, he's not even fully grown yet, and you expect solid ethics and morals from an incomplete personality? you either aren't thinking through your ideas before penning them, or are incapable of it.

Just think about this would you still be applauding the kid if he broke into your house or your moms house and stole and trashed the place?

way to repeat previous posts almost word for word.

my house got broken into when i was a child, my super nintendo that i saved up $200 for when i was like 7yrs, got stolen along with a 2 burner cookstove & my yamaha electric keyboard.

it broke my heart. so I don't need to imagine.

If i found this kid in my house stealing my #, I would start a conversation, find out his situation, background etc, strike up a friendship & help support him,

why?

because this kid is not your average criminal, he's just doing what makes sense to him.

who are we to say that what he does is wrong, other than as puppets being controlled by other peoples (societies) preconceptions....

there is no right or wrong, just different points of view.

whats good for one person, is bad for another....

a spiritual person would say, even the most biggotous S.O.B's point of view is a valid perspective of god, because we all share the same conciousness, just split into lots of little pockets of life existing in a self generated illusion that they are living independantly of everything else.

Kind regards
-B.M

P.S) no scaremongering intended, but reality is what you make it, I'm not responsible for your internal chemical balance. choose to be happy

[edit on 7/12/09 by B.Morrison]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join