It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are there so many people obsessed with the Masons?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 07:58 PM
link   
i have alot of info just ask becease i been a mason since i was 19 now 29 i am on the top the pyramid have guys girls like dont have.like this info i been on my post soon some to do with martial law

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 08:14 PM
link   
do you guys know in may 10 2010 you will need a work pass ID to pass the gates

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 08:52 PM
link   
i like too add this for wow said i cant spell for one thing type in code for a reason and to for the F.B.I ARE ON HERE TO WACH US

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by maya2929

maya2929, if there is something you want us to know, just tell us, okay?
I thought perhaps English is your second language. But you're writing this way intentionally?

What is it you think we should be aware of?

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by maya2929
HI,i am a freemason 32"degree my loge #12--- in dayton ohio need info ask me anythingyou like to i will tell

Bzzzzt.... Thanks for playing, but no such lodge in Dayton. Bye bye, trollie.

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Are we really going to add fuel to the fire, on another one of "those" threads?
Really, this is silly.

Lets state fact. Not to offend anyone here, but....
Being a Freemason is no different than being in a country club.
Or boy scouts.
Or AA.
Rotary club.
It is a tradition-based organization.

They have meetings, they have uniformed materials, they work to aid in the community. Volunteer. They support local business by shopping at other Mason's small businesses. Members must have a belief in higher power, pick a god, any god-its a personal choice.
No nude initiation.
No sacrifices.
No blood drinking.
At least thats what I hear from them, Masons themselves. I have also heard from former members, that it is not for everyone. Certain people enjoy it, others dont. Like any club or organization.
Im sure alot of the guys with the squares and compasses, on this thread, would agree with me.

Theres a Wicca group in my town, but just because they use symbols of the occult and hold meetings doesnt mean they are out to rule the whole world. They plant trees and volunteer at the animal shelter.

Focusing on the original post, I dont understand the fascination either.

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 10:49 PM
link   
i was doing in code dude 147 logde w river view ave look pics us there my name is mark jeffers sec one on the left and still have say am not a freemason i dont to tell you i am becease i know i am the light of life not you

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 10:57 PM
link   
one we do then what this guy says we work all ways of the light and we a code we useds in the lodge that dude like you cant read it till what means like this tell me means ok here.......of the light we show the dark of light and we be riping the dark iving the light??????????tell whats means i will if you right or wrong

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by plutoxgirl

I suggest you read the book : "Behold a Pale Horse"

You will see these groups in a new light

Now, with that being said, Im still thinking about joining them myself since it seems like I might benefit

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by InertiaZero

Lets state fact. Not to offend anyone here, but....
Being a Freemason is no different than being in a country club.
Or boy scouts.
Or AA.
Rotary club.
It is a tradition-based organization.

Not to offend anyone either but these are not proper comparisons because these other organizations are not secret societies.

The Boy Scouts do not hold the penalty of death over you for disclosing to non-Boy Scouts how you get your rope badge.

The Masons do have penalties involved in betraying their fraternal order and that is not quite as benign as many people are led to believe.

In fact they keep their secrets well and few people outside the fraternal order who weren’t previous members have any real idea what goes on past the 3rd degree of Masonry.

The only reason that information is partially known is because a Mason published it in 1821 and was subsequently killed for revealing the information.

Now you might say, ok who has been killed for betraying Masonry since Captain Morgan in the 1820’s. The truth is that with powerful examples like that who wants to betray Masonry since then? Not one of the eight Masons who condemned him to death ever was apprehended, charged, tried or convicted despite a huge public outcry regarding the murder.

It led to the formation of the anti-Masonic political party that morphed into the Whig Party.

Secret societies in fact are the antithesis of Democracy. How can the majority discuss, debate and legislate secrets?

They can’t.

In the aftermath of that scandal Masonic Membership fell way off. Today the Masons are having similar problems with recruitment from a whole range of issues from disinterested youth who are more interested in video games than real life, to a high degree of speculation and accusation that floods the Internet.

A lot of these threads appear to be attacks on the Masons but they aren’t. They are opportunities for the Masons to interact with potential new members and revitalize themselves with fresh members.

More often or not it’s a Mason bashing the Masons in a controlled way.

It is true that the Masons perform many charitable acts for society at large. Conversely so did infamous Mobster Al Capone and Columbian Cocaine Kingpin Pablo Escobar.
I won’t go so far as to say the Masons are a force for good or a force for evil. Good men sometimes do evil things in the pursuit of what they feel is good and right, and evil men sometimes do good things in the pursuit of what they feel is wise and profitable.

Most people end up somewhere in the middle most of the time in the gray area life is lived out in.

The Masons are many things the Boy Scouts and the local Rotary Club though they are not!

The long and short of it, good, bad, ugly or indifferent, people and groups that contrive to keep secrets by that mere act alone invite speculation, intrigue and conspiracy.

As a great man once said “If you can’t stand the heat, stay out of the kitchen!”

The thread really is about why people are obsessed with the Masons, and not really ‘Why people shouldn’t be obsessed with the Masons’.

I have tried to explain the reasons why that I am aware of, just in case the poster truly wants to know!

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Now you might say, ok who has been killed for betraying Masonry since Captain Morgan in the 1820’s. The truth is that with powerful examples like that who wants to betray Masonry since then?

We have internal trials all the time, and members are expelled or suspended on a regular basis. Your statements are untrue....but that's ok, I understand that you would not know this.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Choronzon

Now you might say, ok who has been killed for betraying Masonry since Captain Morgan in the 1820’s. The truth is that with powerful examples like that who wants to betray Masonry since then?

We have internal trials all the time, and members are expelled or suspended on a regular basis. Your statements are untrue....but that's ok, I understand that you would not know this.

Actually no it's not untrue. Captain Morgan was in fact killed for writing and publishing a book the detailed the first three degrees of Masonry.

Some of the Masons involved provided death bed confessions regarding their participation in his murder.

Wishing it isn't so doesn't make it not so!

The reality is Masons both present and former are under severe and extreme penalty for revealing the order's secrets.

You don't really think people guard secrets out of love do you?

Fear is a great motivator!

Always has been always will be. Clearly by your own admission there are punishments.

It is a punishment and reward based orginization with gradient degrees of understanding and knowledge.

That's just reality, and it is what it is.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by W3RLIED2

I think so many people seem obsessive about the Masons because they do not understand what they are about. And in many cases people are either afraid, or intrigued by things that they don't understand.

Exactly.

Well, guess what?- I used to catalogue Masons on a negative way-

I'm happy to have realize how mistaken I was-

With time, and experience the mind opens up to new ideas and way of looking at things. The thoughts evolve, transform. And radicalism has no space anymore.

If I was still stuck with my original thought induced by some non-objective information- it would be very sad of me.

It would indicate there had been no evolution as time went by, because necessarily one gets older and wiser

And wiser equals to seeing both sides of the coin. And understanding what lies beneath all the down-talking about this organization.

However I see SOME people who had been on conspiracies for a long while and seem not to open their mind to see things on a different light- or maybe they just don't want to.

Moreover- my point is - not focusing so much on "who" controls the world- and how "evil" that organization is
- so to feel hopeless and owned.

But start focusing on yourself and acting on ways to improve your life- instead of wasting so much thought and energy on something that might not be as bad as they think.

[edit on 7/12/09 by plutoxgirl]

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 09:36 AM
link   

I understand that you feel damaged by this incident. But you misunderstood what I said. That incident did occur. However, Masons are expelled or suspended on a regular basis. And they are given a trial with past masters who are their peers.

There is no Masonic trial that results in physical harm, regardless of the fantasy of our oaths.

The above incident was the result of Masons who cannot tell reality from fantasy. And was not the result of a trial of which he was due.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by maya2929
we do bebame a illuminati in 33ed degree step and drink the blood half allien illuminati person and move up pyramid

LOL

heyo troll- I'm learning english and make lots of mistakes, but you won the golden cup.

And it's good to associate your trolling with the "illuminati" thing- which I find, quite bizarre and boring -

Oh the "satanic Illuminati"-...
- Give me a break- it's "painful" to see people believing this word by word-

Bye troll.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Choronzon

I understand that you feel damaged by this incident. But you misunderstood what I said. That incident did occur. However, Masons are expelled or suspended on a regular basis. And they are given a trial with past masters who are their peers.

There is no Masonic trial that results in physical harm, regardless of the fantasy of our oaths.

The above incident was the result of Masons who cannot tell reality from fantasy. And was not the result of a trial of which he was due.

Actually he was judged by a Council of Eight.

The Council of Eight has fascinating and little known origins in the Roman State of Seborga. There Council of Eight predates Iceland’s first parliament which is thought to be Europe’s first parliament though in reality the Seborgan Council of Eight is.

What makes the Seborgan Council of Eight interesting is still to this day Seborga is an uninterrupted state and one of the founding states in the Roman Republic, Roman Empire and Holy Roman Empire. Throughout the centuries it has managed to stay independent despite its very small size and the fact that Italy herself covets it.

It is still ruled by a Roman prince as are some other small principalities like Monaco.

What make the legendary Seborgan Council of Eight so interesting are two important things, well actually three important things.

The first is they are reputed to and claim to have known the resting place of both the Imperial Roman Scepter as well as the Holy Sepulture (the remains of Christ) it is possible both of these reside in the Abbey on top of Seborga’s recessed hill.

The second notable thing is it was the Prince Abbot of that Abbey who dubbed 7 wealthy European Knights on their way to the crusades who stopped there to pray the Poor Knights of Christ in exchange for all of their worldly goods.
After assigning one of the abbot’s monks to their small party they rode out of Seborga as the 8 Poor Knights of Christ whose battlefield prowess and exploits would soon lead to them being redubbed the Knights Templar.

Though few people are certain because History obscures some of the details even many Masons will not discount the possibility that it was the surviving Knights Templar who founded the Scottish Rites of Free Masonry. There are some artifacts that suggest this entirely possible and the Knights Templar themselves camped upon the ruins of the First and Second Temples in Jerusalem and excavated them thoroughly.

It is entirely possible that they did discover the alleged remains of Christ and carried them back to Seborga. It is entirely possible because Seborga is the sole surviving State of the Roman Republics and Roman Empire and always it’s holiest spot (The hill the Abbey is built upon is dotted with caves full of over 10,000 iconic drawings of all of Rome’s religions and was considered to be Mt. Olympus by the ancient Romans) that the Roman Imperial Scepter was also sent for safekeeping.

Finally the last important thing of note regarding the Council of Eight is they were bestowed upon them the honorary and equal title of L.S.I. and this is commonly today a Latin Abbreviation for in place of seal and appears on many documents, in place of an official’s seal.

However the title L.S.I. when one sat upon the Council of Eight meant one who knows the resting place of the Imperial Scepter of Rome and the Holy Sepulcher.

Coincidentally the Treaty of Ghent ending the War of 1812 was signed by precisely eight Americans including the President all of whom naturally used the title L.S.I. followed by their names. Interestingly not their names and titles of the offices L.S.I. would have been used as a substitute for their official seals of office. L.S.I. was seemingly their most important title.

Why this becomes possibly noteworthy are those signers’ connections to Masonry, and Masonry’s connection to the Knights Templar, and the Knights Templar’s connection to Seborga and the fact that by treaty Seborga is allowed to maintain an Island Kingdom for its defense because of its small size and land mass. That appeared to have been Piedmont ruled Sardinia for many centuries, yet that relationship changed with America’s founding.

Eight Masons judged Captain Morgan, and they judged him as a Council of Eight, and the Council of Eight (the concept) has a little known importance in History as I have shared.

It was not an aberration of Masonic Teachings and Principles to condemn someone who betrayed their secrets as Captain Morgan did. It was though a defining moment as far as to what extent they could openly use such power within the America that the Mason’s themselves are primarily responsible for founding, and one I imagine the Movement learned from.

Whether they chose not to follow those rites much like the Mormons stopped practicing polygamy to gain State Hood in Utah, or whether they simply exercised them with more caution and discretion moving forward as the Jack Mormons who still practice polygamy in the Four Corners Area in the Southwestern United States is hard to say…

As after all it is a secret society.

That does make it morally questionable as I have to tell you if a woman I am dating decides to keep it a secret that she has a husband at home, as sweet and genuine as she appears to be, as loving and kind as she might be, she is still a liar and a cheater, and most people who guard secrets are those things in order to keep secrets.

That’s just common sense, but in today’s world of political correctness people have little patience for common sense and the connotations that many people find hurtful if even for good reason and purpose that come along with it!

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 10:38 AM
link   
These statements are pretty definitive, yet, there is nothing to be found regarding the "Council of Eight" or their connection with the Morgan Affair.

The only reference i can find is from the following anti-masonic site:

The Gospel Truth

The account of the manner in which this was done will be found in a book published by EIder Stearns, a Baptist elder. The book is entitled "Stearns on Masonry." It contains the deathbed confession of one of the murderers of William Morgan. On page 311, of that work, you will find that confession.

Essentially the only reference to this claim is purported by Elder Stearns who is an antimasonic Baptist minister who is selling books that he wrote on antimasonry....

[edit on 12/7/2009 by Choronzon]

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Here is some more information regarding the Morgan Affair confessions:

The Morgan Affair Confessions

This confession has continued to be reprinted, most recently on page 117 of Jack Harris' Freemasonry: The Invisible Cult in Our Midst, published in 2001.

The second "confession" comes to us by way of the man who almost singlehandedly created the controversy surrounding the Morgan Affair. Thurlow Weed, the man who had earlier identified the body of one Timothy Munro as that of William Morgan, died in 1882. On his deathbed he stated that in 1861 John Whitney, who had been convicted on the conspiracy charge, confessed to him the full details of the murder of Morgan. According to this alleged confession, Whitney and four others carried the abducted Morgan in a boat to the centre of the river, bound him with chains, and dumped him overboard. Weed stated that Whitney had promised to dictate and sign this confession, but died before he could do so. Whitney in fact died eight years later in 1869. Whitney provided Rob Morris a complete account of the Morgan incident, denying any foul play and branding Weed a liar.

These two unsubstantiated confessions aside, there is nothing to demonstrate or prove that Morgan met with foul play; only that he was last seen in the company of the men who subsequently pleaded guilty to conspiracy to "seize and secrete" Morgan, and served terms in prison for the offense.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Choronzon

Actually one of the death bed confessions of the murderers details the entire account of the trial by a Council of Eight Masons and his subsequent execution after pleading for his life citing his young wife and children as reasons to spare his life.

It's very much by the way like the skit of a deceased commedian that goes something like this:

"The newly elected President of the United States sits down in a room at a long table full of cigar smoking, gruff, big and fat bankers and industrialists and one of them says, cue the film, the room goes dark and a sliding movie projector screen comes down and all of a sudden the assissination of J.F.K. begins to play, but from an angle no one has ever seen before that looks suspiciously like it was filmed from the grassy knoll. The film ends and they turn the lights back on and they look at the new President and ask...Any questions?"

Powerful life and death examples don't need many examples of them to put the fear of death into a person.

Just saying!

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

ProtoplasmicTraveler, What Are Your Thoughts about the case of the Vatican Banker Murder (Roberto Calvi) and the masonic lodge P2.tks

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join