It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are there so many people obsessed with the Masons?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Why are there so many people obssesed with Masons?-
and their "secrets"-?

I used to know a guy who was all excited because he found out what "book" the Masons use frequently and regard as 'very important'- so he was acting all mysterious with me because no one out of 'the fraternity' should know about it. But he did-

I mean, I sort of- understand the fact that -everything- that is not of "public knowledge", will instigate curiosity and all kinds of theories-

But why the obsession and outrageous accusations??

It's like the Illuminati hoax- cut the cr@p!-
LOL

There are souls with good intentions and others with not so good ones, EVERYWHERE- there are rules to follow and secrets to keep in all kinds of groups- and environments.
Simple.

Plus is not wise at all- to judge and put every Mason in the same bag (you know, there are great men while there may be others who are just sad examples of human beings).

Like in every place.

So I think some people should cut the obsession with the Masons's secrets and stuff, and focus on their life and what they are doing with it.

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Who controls the British Crown?
Who keeps the metric system down?
We do, we do.
Who keeps Atlantis off the maps?
Who keeps the Martians under wraps?
We do, we do.
Who holds back the electric car?
Who makes Steve Guttenberg a star?
We do, we do.
Who robs cave fish of their sight?
Who rigs every Oscar night?
We do, we do

Theres a lot to love

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 02:39 PM
link   
i think that the topic of 'secret societies' and the potential roll they have of control, is a fascinating and intriguing topic - both for it's real world aspects as well as it's fictional aspects.

the Freemasons tend to be the primary focus of those interested in this topic because it is the most accessible and real secret society in existence.

the masons are after all a society with secrets and not so much a secret society but that does not change the fact that they are a ripe target for the intrigues and analysis of those interested in the topic.

while there is much evidence to disprove the many theories that swirl around this society, there is still plenty of suggestive evidence that makes masonry intriguing.

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Keep in mind that when conspiracy people use the word "Masonic" they don't necessarily mean involving the actual masons.
They are merely speaking about the symbols and the types of rituals.

I think most people on ATS realizes that the majority of Masons are fairly regular folks who just enjoy being in a secret brotherhood and, erm wear funny hats or whatever it is they do...

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Haydn_17

That is my favorite episode of the Simpsons.

I think so many people seem obsessive about the Masons because they do not understand what they are about. And in many cases people are either afraid, or intrigued by things that they don't understand. I'm not sure that Freemasons rule the world, but there are Masons who hold jobs within the government. That doesn't mean theres a plot to rule the world, that just means that you'll find masons in all walks of life, from construction workers, to librarians, all the way up to positions within government.

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 05:07 PM
link   
I think because we don't see them every day.
Also because they started banking and corporations and stocks.

If you come to grief, and creditors are craving
(For nothing that is planned by mortal head
Is certain in this Vale of Sorrow--saving
That one's Liability is Limited),--
Do you suppose that signifies perdition?
If so, you're but a monetary dunce--
You merely file a Winding-Up Petition,
And start another Company at once!
Though a Rothschild you may be
In your own capacity,
As a Company you've come to utter sorrow--
But the Liquidators say,
"Never mind--you needn't pay,"
So you start another company to-morrow!

math.boisestate.edu...
math.boisestate.edu...

Yeah they did us wrong and keep on doing it.

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by TeslaandLyne

What does a Gilbert and Sullivan musical have to do with Masons?

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Perhaps because Masons mingle with other groups in fancy banquets.
Don't forget the Jesuits as the secular arm in a religious order.
Talk about a confusing job.

I got this story from the net.
One day on the job he was told about the 13 families of the Illuminati.
He never heard of the term before and started to investigate.
Guess he found a lot on the net by now.

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by AugustusMasonicus
reply to post by TeslaandLyne

What does a Gilbert and Sullivan musical have to do with Masons?

"... because they started banking and corporations and stocks."

Thats what.

ED: G&S sums up the curse of Masons.
Did I say anything about G&S, pay attention to the message.

[edit on 12/6/2009 by TeslaandLyne]

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by TeslaandLyne

Thats what.

One of the earliest forms of stock trading was created by the Romans with their use of the Publicani. The first use of common stock in more modern times was the Dutch East India company in 1606. Both of these instances predate the founding of the United Grand Lodge of England in 1717 so I do not see how Masons gave you banking, corporations or stocks.

You included them in your post so I asked for the relavance, apparently there is none.

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 05:40 PM
link   
I remember when I was a little girl, and spending the night with my grandmother. My grandfather was leaving, and I asked her where he was going. She said "to his meeting with the Masons". I asked her, "who are the Masons?"

She said "it's his secret club. I don't know what all they do, but I know they are do-gooders".

You know, that answer was sufficient for me at age six or seven, and it's sufficient for me now. I never gave the Mason's a second thought until I joined ATS.

The Mason's still hold little interest for me, although admittedly they seem to be more complicated than I realized. Nonetheless, my grandmother's definition is still the one I think of, when I think of "Masons".

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Thats what.

One of the earliest forms of stock trading was created by the Romans with their use of the Publicani. The first use of common stock in more modern times was the Dutch East India company in 1606. Both of these instances predate the founding of the United Grand Lodge of England in 1717 so I do not see how Masons gave you banking, corporations or stocks.

You included them in your post so I asked for the relavance, apparently there is none.

How about leaving Roman time where they were and not bring it here.
The Masons brought banking into the 20th century.
G&S just happened to text out one the bad things, to some people,
about finance.

You got it figured out now.
Play straight, stop trying to manipulate.

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 05:53 PM
link   
For one the Masons are keepers of Esoteric Knowledge and that upsets many Christians.

Secondly the Masons are a little hazy and fuzzy on just when and why and where their fraternal order first came into being, and that makes people suspicious.

Thirdly they use a lot of Occult symbols in their imagery and ceremonies and that upsets many Christians.

Fourth they do a pretty good job at keeping eyes off the Rosicrucian Order.

Fifth hardly any of them are actually Stone Masons, and what’s worse few of them own any Mason Jars or do any canning!

That last one I find highly suspicious!

Then there are those people who are just a wee bit concerned that they are a Secret Order of Knights from the very alive and well, just about conquered the whole bloody world, and I do mean bloody Roman Empire!

Hail Caesar

[edit on 6/12/09 by ProtoplasmicTraveler]

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 06:03 PM
link   

You said the Masons created stock, I gave you the first historically accepted instance of stock being used. I also gave you a much more modern example which I see you did not comment about.

How? Where? What examples?

about finance.

I thought the Gilbert and Sullivan musical had nothing to do with this and it was your statement that Masons invented corporations, banking and stock which we were going to discuss.

I am not the one re-inventing and disregarding history, which would be my definition of manipulating.

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler
Fifth hardly any of them are actually Stone Masons, and what’s worse few of them own any Mason Jars or do any canning!

I built a brick firepit in my backyard and I canned my own tomato sauce this year.

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 06:11 PM
link   

You said the Masons created stock, I gave you the first historically accepted instance of stock being used. I also gave you a much more modern example which I see you did not comment about.

How? Where? What examples?

about finance.

I thought the Gilbert and Sullivan musical had nothing to do with this and it was your statement that Masons invented corporations, banking and stock which we were going to discuss.

I am not the one re-inventing and disregarding history, which would be my definition of manipulating.

I think you should question some of the other post which
seem unsupported.

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 06:12 PM
link   

seem unsupported.

Are you making the rules around here? Did I miss the memo? I asked you, if you can not answer or substantiate then just say so.

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 06:35 PM
link   

seem unsupported.

Are you making the rules around here? Did I miss the memo? I asked you, if you can not answer or substantiate then just say so.

I think my statements are valid comments.
Do I look like a library.

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 06:42 PM
link   
HI,i am a freemason 32"degree my loge #12--- in dayton ohio need info ask me anythingyou like to i will tell

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 06:45 PM
link   
bush not a freemason he was skull bones he dark side we are lite side

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join