It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

PROMISES, PROMISES: A closed meeting on openness

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 02:11 PM
link   

It's hardly the image of transparency the Obama administration wants to project: A workshop on government openness is closed to the public.

Obama Open Government Meeting Closed to Public

But of course! Call it one thing, do the opposite, and the zombie sheep will believe and praise what he said rather than scrutinize his actions.

The event Monday for federal employees is a fitting symbol of President Barack Obama's uneven record so far on the Freedom of Information Act, a big part of keeping his campaign promise to make his administration the most transparent ever. As Obama's first year in office ends, the government's actions when the public and press seek information are not yet matching up with the president's words.
"The Freedom of Information Act should be administered with a clear presumption: In the face of doubt, openness prevails," Obama told government offices on his first full day as president. "The government should not keep information confidential merely because public officials might be embarrassed by disclosure, because errors and failures might be revealed, or because of speculative or abstract fears."

Sounds nice. Too bad it’s all b.s.

Look what you’ve done to my country.

jw

[edit on 6-12-2009 by jdub297]

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Now jdub, should we list a few of his transparency issues.

1) health care

A) meetings with different groups to manipulate costs

B) who wrote the health care debacle-seems SEIU has a hand in it

2) no one is allowed to see where the TARF and TARP funds have gone

3) visitors list to White House

4) legislation-on line viewing prior to vote

Now these are just off the top of my head.

Dem=Repub as Obama=Bush as Tyrants=Tyrants

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 04:36 PM
link   
This is just so hilarious! A meeting closed to the public on how to promote openness to the public.

And yet people still support this asshat's administration, and refuse to see these 'little' Monty Python moments he keeps on having. I hope Saturday Night Live picks up on this.

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 05:09 PM
link   
i am reminded of change dot gov.

the site provided a way for the people to vote on issues they wanted changed with the new administration.

marijiuana de criminalization was voted by the website visitors as number one.

wtf happened to that promise.

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by endisnighe

that had to be the very top
I'd hate to see the list when you had time to think about it

jw

top topics

join