It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Out of Body Experience Can Change Your Life (Astral Projection)

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 12:16 PM
link   
OOBE "Realtruth" Exclusive Story

Some call it OOBE and some Astral Projection same thing.

I want my fellow ATS'ers to know that the story you are about to read is an actual account. My life was changed profoundly years back, and the way I now look at life, my being and who I truly am. I was a bit hesitant on posting this account because it is a personal experience, and unless your in my shoes I felt that many people may not relate.

It was some years ago. I will never forget what happened to me, because I was scared to death after the event happened. And it forever changed my perception of life. I was in my late teens and the group of guys I hung out with decided that they wanted to go to Canada to drink, get drunk and party. I was the designated driver most of the time because drinking was not my forte and that night I didn't have a drop. Anyhow the bars close at 1am in Canada and we got over the Ambassador Bridge it was about 2am, by the time I got everyone home it was 3:30am. I was a bit tired, but more hungry. I was living with my parents at that time, so life was carefree.

My parents lived in a 2 story home with a finished basement, making it a 3 level home. I pulled up in the driveway about 4am and went straight downstairs to get something to eat and switched on the TV. The Television was situated directly across from the couch where I was seated. I proceeded to the kitchen, in the basement, and found a bowl of pasta in the refrigerator left over from dinner. After eating the most of the bowl, I started to get really tired and I decided I would go to bed, so I started up the basement stairs.

My room was on the 2nd/top floor so up I went past the 1st floor, then one more flight to go, by the time I reached the top step I thought Crap! I forgot to turn the TV off, so back down the stairs I went. Down and down I went descending to the basement.

When I reached the landing in the basement I turned and looked to the couch that was directly across from the TV, where I had been sitting. I felt a numbness overcome me, to my bewilderment there was some guy sitting on the couch that I didn’t recognize, but he didn’t move or see me, so I quickly jumped back up a couple of steps and hid behind the wall coming down the stairs. OK! What do I do I thought.

I wasn’t really scared at that moment just a bit puzzled to who it was. Did a friend come home with me that I couldn’t remember or did they walk in after I went upstairs? Did a stranger find his way in the house? Things were a bit off and I was feeling a bit strange.

My next thought was ok, I am going to peek around the corner here and see who the hell this is. I poked my head out, around the corner, hmmm he looks like he is sleeping, but it’s a bit dark cause the TV is flashing from dark to light, but I think he looks a bit familiar. As the TV shown bright for a long moment I was able to see this person clearly. My reaction was, wait a second WTF!, that guy has a bowl of pasta in his lap, yes he is eating my mother’s pasta.

My thoughts raced on, but I pondered for a brief moment as the TV got brighter and I could see this person more clearly now. This guy really looks familiar…….then it hit me, all at once. WTF! That’s me! Or my body or my self…WTF! But…I’m here…….I got overwhelmingly scared. Just at that thought and moment I snapped back into my body, my eyes opened and I was positioned facing the TV, sitting on the couch, with the pasta bowl in hand and adrenalin starting to overcome my body. I a feeling of complete numbness was consuming my body, for the adrenal rush.

I didn’t know what to think or do. I was just on the stairs looking at myself or my body now I am here. OK! I am going nuts. You all have to understand at that time you couldn’t just jump on the net and start researching or asking people. What do I do? I sure as hell wasn’t going to wake my parents and tell them what just happened, because for sure they would think I was nuts. So the next day I was up and off to the library, after 2 weeks there nothing, nothing in any areas, psychology, or anything made sense of my experience, nothing even remotely close. And who was I going to ask?

Maybe I should talk to a priest, I thought……….nope, I wasn’t even going to go there. I was drawn to a little off the wall book store, in my area that I thought might have something I could use. The bookstore was a combination psychic shop and metaphysical bookstore, at that point I had never even read a single book on metaphysics, or stepped foot into a shop like this. So I spent about 1 hour flipping through books but I found nothing.

A lady near me was sitting in a chair reading a book, she had been there a while and I was getting a warm feeling from her, she looked over and said hello how are you? I replied, Good!, not so well, she said is there something I can help you with? I own the store and maybe I can direct you to what you need. I said well you may think I am nuts, but here’s my situation and I told her what happened, she laughed and said your fine you had an involuntary OBE or Out of body experience. I replied a what? Here she said, you can flip through these books here and choose the ones that most resonant with your situation. I thanked her and immediately began my research into what had happen to me.

I was so thankful after reading many, many OBE accounts I was not alone and it was normal. Most people don’t remember when OBE’s happen. One of the things I remember from a particular book is that most people have experienced OBE’s. The book said something like this: The best indicator is when your laying in bed and your just drifting off to sleep and you feel like you are falling or drifting away and you snap or jolt back into your body and it wakes you. You get the jolt and your whole body jumps. I’ll bet most people have had or remember that experience.

Well from that point on my life or state of being had taken a dramatic turn, because it was the start of learning that I was more than my physical shell or body. I have had many profound and enlightening experiences since then, but now believe that we not physical beings having a spiritual experience, but energy or spiritual beings having a physical experience.

Peace!

[edit on 6-12-2009 by Realtruth]
edit on Tue Mar 13 2018 by DontTreadOnMe because: grammar fix per OP

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 12:50 PM
link   
One must experience to really know. The good thing about this experience is that is was the ultimate proof of your multidimensional aspects. In time, you will be able to fully understand the entire "package" that is associated with your experience.
Thanks for sharing this. I went through similar experiences and i really understand what you went through.

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Realtruth

Thank you for sharing. OBE's are the greatest personal proof one needs to confirm that they are spiritual beings, not physical beings. Like yourself, my spiritual journey began after experiencing a few OBES. There was no looking back after that. I know for a fact we are spiritual beings now. The second question for me now is why did I incarnate, what is the purpose of my life in this life.

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 01:37 PM
link   
I actually believe their is no one purpose, but to live in the moment and be aware.

Not to live in the past or future, but the right now.

Originally posted by Indigo_Child
The second question for me now is why did I incarnate, what is the purpose of my life in this life.

[edit on 6-12-2009 by Realtruth]

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 06:10 PM
link   
I wish there was a surefire method for obtaining an OBE. It all seems pretty random. Even with hypnosis meditation etc etc it is something that feels out of my reach.

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by '___'omino

i think its biological. i think some peoples bodies are more "grounded" while others are "spacey"

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by '___'omino
I wish there was a surefire method for obtaining an OBE. It all seems pretty random. Even with hypnosis meditation etc etc it is something that feels out of my reach.

I think you might enjoy this video .

An experiment that separates `mind` and body .

Out of Body Experience -

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Realtruth
----------------------------
How does the description of `returning to your body` given in the video , compare to your experience ?
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by UmbraSumus

Impressive experiment for sure.

Returning seems similar to the video, but the entire experience wouldn't come close to the vid.

When I was separated from my body, it literally meant nothing when I first saw my physical self, because it was not me, it was a shell or object. When I started to sense fear and unbalance, in the OBE state, I was catapulted immediately back into my physical body.

Many people have OBE's and don't even know it, the classic example is when your lying in bed and starting to fall asleep, then you feel like you falling or drifting away and your immediate response of discomfort or fear of falling cause the body to jump, jolt, or sometimes even sleep paralysis, that is an involunary OBE at the beginning stages.

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Would you say it is an experience you would not like to repeat , or despite the discomfort would repeat if possible ?

The sense of "unbalance" you mention , was that a physical sensation, our did you mean that the experience itself was unbalancing ?

thanks .

Interesting stuff .

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by UmbraSumus

Can you give me a web address for the film you referenced. For some reason lately, my computer isn't displaying a lot of add ons. For the film, all I get is a large Square with a smaller square in the upper left hand corner. I tired doing everything I can think of to get it to reload, but no go.

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 08:53 PM
link   
I have repeated it many times over the years.

When I tried to do it consciously it was a bit more difficult, but with practice and allow fear to subside it is a wonderful experience that allows for a expanded consciousness.

Highly recommended and nothing to be afraid of, the only thing to fear is your own insecurities and fears.

Negative entities I accept 100% as my own fears, kind of like laws of attraction.

I always appreciate every experience and acknowledge it, to deny or be afraid of something will only bring forth more, until you acknowledge and thank it for the message it brings you.

Originally posted by UmbraSumus

Would you say it is an experience you would not like to repeat , or despite the discomfort would repeat if possible ?

The sense of "unbalance" you mention , was that a physical sensation, our did you mean that the experience itself was unbalancing ?

thanks .

Interesting stuff .

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 12:11 AM
link   
I have had similar experiences. Strange thing is that I don't have the same confirmation as you that this is reality, and I'm truly out of my body. To be honest I do think about it sometimes when it happens, but that thought usually fades out rather quickly. The subconscious is incredibly powerful. It can recreate your environment to a tee, no problem.

The last very vivid dream I had was last week. I was in my bed for less than a minute. One second I was there, the next I was flying above street lights in the pouring rain. I could hear, see, and feel every raindrop. It was very intense, and impossible to properly describe. Lasted only about 20 seconds, then I awoke abruptly. The experience was so vivid that I questioned it's state as imaginary or real. Then my logical side stepped in and said, how could you possibly ever be sure? Just enjoy the experience. Carry on.

Thanks for sharing.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Thanks for being brave and sharing your experience with us all here.

Going OBE is no biggie people. You all do it every night anyway. It is very natural for all life forms to have this "pressure release" from having awareness residing within the physical body.

I had my first aware OBE at age 7, and my body looked to me like wet clay.. it wasn't at all attractive to me so I thought and moved to do other things. It was that night I had an encounter with the higher-self, the thing that represents the huge soul you are.

Over all the years that followed.. I'm 50 soon.. I learned a lot, mostly how limiting the use of our subtle Astral energy body really is. Yes it is limited, to the astral layers only. So you cannot explore beyond those awareness levels using astral travel/OBE.

But, you can extend far beyond those layers by journeying in awareness... some call it projecting. It is akin to RV'ing in a way, given that the body stays in one place while you journey out into the greater awareness you are a portion of. This way is unlimited, although it gets pretty wierd once you move beyond the soul and "oversoul" layers of awareness.

Thanks again OP'er.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by unityemissions

This is probably because your OBE took place in the subjective part of the mind field, or in other words your own mind-field. In dream, most of are stuck in the subjective part of the mind-field, that is because we are not aware that we are dreaming. When you become aware you are dreaming, you can start to navigate into the objective part of the mind field.

In the objective part you can meet other people, you can even arrange prior to going to sleep with somebody to meet there. Afterwards you can both confirm it. The other proof is to OBE in the real-time zone, like the OP, where you can observe events taking place and then later when you return to your body you can verify your observations in OBE. Both of these will present absolute personal proof of your soul.

[edit on 7-12-2009 by Indigo_Child]

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 10:02 AM
link   
My first OOBE happened during the roughest period of my life. I had lost something and the OOBE opened my mind just enough to find it again. I was standing next to my bed looking around the room when I saw him. There he lay in MY bed and wearing MY clothes and he even had on MY boxer shorts! How dare this human invade my privacy! It turns out after a closer inspection this human was me and I was outside of that vessel. It is pretty scary stuff for the first time. I recall my human body looking so much different and almost ugly to me. It was as if seeing it for the first time from that perspective. I even touched it. I reached over the bed and shook my asleep body and watched as it shook. This sounds like a syfy movie and it is. It changed my life forever and I am what I am because of this experience. I am very grateful that I had the chance to experience it.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 10:51 AM
link   
As someone of a monotheistic faith it would be wrong to think that the soul couldn't voluntarily leave the body. You don't need an OBE to know you have a soul though. Its kind of instinctive, if you know what I mean.

Normally when I come into posts like this I say omg and roll my eyes, but OP I find myself believing your story. My gut is rarely wrong so I'll go with it.

I wanted to say, when messing with the soul you must be very careful. There are things (some call them Demons.) that might be able to effect you while not in your protective case. I would be weary. Just saying...

-------------------------------------

I just wanted to say that talking to the priest probably wouldn't have done much harm. Priests have a tendency to be insightful and for some reason always seem to find good advice. I don't think a priest would have thought you where crazy at all.

Just saying he probably would have listened to you.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Indigo_Child
reply to post by unityemissions

This is probably because your OBE took place in the subjective part of the mind field, or in other words your own mind-field. In dream, most of are stuck in the subjective part of the mind-field, that is because we are not aware that we are dreaming. When you become aware you are dreaming, you can start to navigate into the objective part of the mind field.

In the objective part you can meet other people, you can even arrange prior to going to sleep with somebody to meet there. Afterwards you can both confirm it. The other proof is to OBE in the real-time zone, like the OP, where you can observe events taking place and then later when you return to your body you can verify your observations in OBE. Both of these will present absolute personal proof of your soul.

[edit on 7-12-2009 by Indigo_Child]

Actually, a fair percentage of my dreams are where I'm aware. I have different stages of dreams.

1. Not aware, not vivid. Regular dreams.

2. Aware, not vivid. Can control environment.

3. Aware, very vivid.

What I was referring to here was #3. I have had many experiences where I seem to be in my room, soaring above the city, etc..The thing is, the subconscious is incredibly powerful. I've yet to have an experience that can't be accounted for by the power of our subconscious. I mean to say that if I've experienced, or imagined it before, the subconscious can recreate it. Same goes for if my body is in a room where a T.V. is on. My subconscious can stay aware of what is being heard, while filling in the gap of what may be on the screen. Awaking, the experience may seem to be similar, but something tells me this just proves the power of mind, it's need for continuity, and pattern matching skills.

Never had an experience where I meet someone that I know, then wake up and we both describe the event. I've seen people I know, but they never mention it, nor do I. I'm open to the possibility, but don't have any evidence that this happens, save a few websites that I've visited this which mention it. That's not good enough for me. If it does happen, ATS will be the first site to know.

[edit on 8-12-2009 by unityemissions]

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Thanks for sharing. And yes, you really do have to experience it yourself to fully understand it all. You could argue with someone, debating back and forth if OOBE are real, but until that person actually experiences it they wont fully understand.

My first experience was not long ago, and I didn't expect it to happen but it did. It wasn't as 'strong' I guess I'll say as others experiences, but it definitely has changed my psyche and my life completely. One of my experiences I wasn't able to see much it was dark and hazy but I could sense the spirit guides around me. I never had the sort of experience you did, not yet anyway. I have some things I need to work on first before I am able to do so.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaMod
I wanted to say, when messing with the soul you must be very careful. There are things (some call them Demons.) that might be able to effect you while not in your protective case. I would be weary. Just saying...

People do this all the time when they are sleeping. They try and do this consciously also.. There is nothing wrong with Astral Projecting at all.

I think some things you have to study up on before you get the gist of what is going on..

The Astral World is nothing to be afraid of so the more you learn of this the better off you would be. I agree there are negative beings(demons) there but they aren't anything to worry about. Just like here we have really negative people but we deal with them. Its the same thing just different smell ya know..

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 07:34 PM
link   
OK, so this is for all the members that have been asking me how to project consciously. The question I am getting is RT what is your method, so without further a due........and 25 years plus of experience.

Everyone that wants to can project, but the main ingredients are awareness, focus, and relaxing.

I think the main component is intention, so what you'll need to do is to disarm, or re-enforce your physical computer (Body/Mind) at the same time.

Realtruth's Simple OBE Guide

1) Get a piece of paper out and write on it........" I ( Your Name ) will consciously astral project on (Whatever date you pick) now make this a reasonable date 30 to 60 days time-frame, but pick a specific date.

2) Find yourself a very comfortable spot where you are most likely not to be disturb, take-off and/or loosen any clothing that may be binding, or distract your relaxation.

3) Put on some music that will relax you, preferably Classical or Meditative music, this does two things it relax's the mind and also distracts the monkey mind for focus on your meditation.

4) Now take a deep breath, in through your nose and hold…….. slowly release the air through your mouth 5 , 4, 3, 2, 1 and your body relaxes. Just relax. Take another long deep breath in through your nose, hold it now and slowly release they air 5 4 3 2 1, your body goes deeper into relaxation.

5) Bring focus on your left hand, now feel the tingling on your finger-tips, this is your essence, your astral-body and who you truly are. You are more than your body, and that is what your about to discover, so this is an exciting trip and one you'll never forget.

6) Once you feel this tingling allow it to travel up your arm, then do this with the right arm, then each body part. Legs, from your toes, pelvic area, solar-plexus, chest, neck, face, eyes, ears, and even your hair.

7) Once you feel this energy, imagine your body expanding on all sides. Blowing up like a balloon, 3 feet, or 1 meter on all sides. Feel the lightness of your astral body. Allow yourself to slowly floating upward. Tell yourself, everything is OK and this is who I am.

8) For the first few attempts stay in familiar surroundings, like your room, house or apartment, then as you gain experience, comfort, and confidence expand your travel guide. Excitement is just around the corner if you dare to try.

9) Congrats! You just projected.

Your travel guide is limitless, so think about this NASA has nothing on you.

Also remember this is a not talk about subject and most people, in this world may scoff at your newly found abilities, since they can't, or actually don't believe they can do it. Ignorance is OK for some people, but sooner or later they will discover their universal right to project, on demand.

Astral travel and OBE's are a personal thing, one that only you can prove to yourself and no one else. Good-luck on your Journeys'

Peace Out,

RT

Share this with anyone that is open, and wishes to "Deny Ignorance"

edit on 25-4-2012 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join