It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

before ya'll bash our soldiers

page: 17
<< 14  15  16   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by rainfall

As I man who serves, and has never raped nor maimed...I would like to commend you on your cowardice! Grats!

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by TheEndofEvolution

I see people that believe I shouldn't have a job.

I read every page of this thread and I must have missed where any one has said that you shouldn't have a job. The tax paying Americans are the source of your paycheck and they are the ones that are entitled to have a military that acts in their best interest. Those that state the military is being used, at this point and time, against America's best interest have a valid point.

[edit on 12-12-2009 by harvib]

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Cotechs

I would like to commend you on your cowardice! Grats!

A dog barks when his master is attacked. I would be a coward if I saw that God's truth is attacked and yet would remain silent.
Pearl S. Buck

“Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen.”
-Winston Churchill

Courage is nine-tenths context. What is courageous in one setting can be foolhardy in another and even cowardly in a third.
~Joseph Epstein

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by vermonster

Well I guess the best thing for people of your ilk to do would be quit paying taxes. I mean it, go to jail for non payment, liens the whole deal. After all, you're just a guilty as any troop on the ground. Using your logic, you pay taxes, you arm the troops, there for you commit "murder" by proxy....hell according to you you're even helping sell poppies by proxy. Shame on you, killing innocents, selling drugs, commiting all sorts of atrocities...granted all by proxy, but guilty none the less.........sleep well knowing that your contribution is being well used.

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by SantaClaus
My navy friend.. Well he sits in a submarine for months at a time monitoring seas for boat bombers and many other things in protecting the boarder of africa.

Protecting the water boarder of Africa? My, they are everywhere nowadays!

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by rainfall

Glad I could hit your button....that's what I'm here for...to make you military guys see past your blinders...

In case you haven't noticed, war is a rich mans business....

There hasn't been a 'real' need for war since at least the 1940's..so for all you guys that think it's patriotic to 'support' your country...you are being duped...wars are just ways of 'strong arming' weaker countries so all their natural resources can be stolen and then sold back to them...

Don't you think we have outgrown the need for this senseless 'bloodbath for profit' mentality...

If all the money that was spent on wars over the last 70 years, had instead been spent on prosperity programs, we might all be living in paradise right now...

Until you guys wake up and STOP being the pawns for the Master, we will never get out of this 'catch 22'.....

It's time to grow up...it's time to evolve..

I agree with much of what you say here. The Rich have been behind MANY conflicts and they profit from ALL conflicts.

I can't argue with the "real need" for conflicts since the 40's as I think the Korean war was necessary. Keep in mind than it is way easier to declare no "real need" after 60 years of studying every component of the conflicts that it was to make a decision based on the information available that day and time.

"Strong arming" weaker countries for resources?.........Maybe, gotta think about that.

"Blinders" Even those who enlisted after 9/11 did not have blinders on. They went into service based on what their government presented as a national emergency. They trusted their leader as did most of America for the first 2 years. I feel that those who enlisted after the first 2 or 3 years knew what they were getting into. Did the economy play in their decision? For many I think the answer is yes.

As for the money spent over the last 70 years on wars and conflicts I would have to wonder who would have taken it away from us. Bully's do not prey on Bully's. If you give the impression of being strong you are probably not in danger.

"Bloodbath for profit". Instead of eliminating the armed forces, control the rich men and industrialists then maybe, no need for conflict. If it were possible to do that keep in mind that we could only control those on our country. Think about the impact that the "rich men" in every other country would have on our economy.

"Catch 22". Are you alluding to Yosarian's fist fight with Huppel's cat?

Finally, when on camera with the MSM interviewed soldiers might say that they are willing to die for God and country but when engaged the real reason they put their lives on the line is for those on either side of them that are doing the same for him/her.

Thanks for the reply, I enjoyed the exchange.

My reply formatting is bogus, I'm still learning the ropes

Peace...................yak055h

top topics

<< 14  15  16   >>

join