It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

before ya'll bash our soldiers

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 01:48 PM
link   
A few weeks ago I was on the interstate and came upon a small military convoy with a few trucks and humvee's. I noticed traffic was starting to slow down as other vehicles got close to them and noticed almost every car was slowing down to wave at the servicemen and women in the convoy. Just seeing that filled me with so much pride. Of course I waved when I went by as well

To those who believe our military targets civilians i.e women and children; you have been lied to.
To those who believe our military commits genocide; you have been lied to.

You think our military is full of naive kids who kill for fun? you couldn't be further from the truth.

God bless those who serve. There are still a lot of us civilians who will always recognize you for the heroes you are.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 02:24 PM
link   
I just read the entire 10 pages of this thread.

All I got out of it was the OP said, NO BASHING

Funny, how we pay attention to the original post.

That being said, the bashing started right away from page 1! Not even close to being considerate.

We all know that reasons for war are unknown, just set by TPTB and guessed by the masses. Fought by those who are being shot at, and I honor those who defend themselves from this.

We can all assume what this last war is about, no one really knows the true reason. The intention of this post, from what I gathered, is to support the troops who fight for their lives, and ours.

The rest of this nonsense is irrelevant bull.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 02:47 PM
link   
I thank the OP for standing up and supporting the troops.

It is bad that people have to sit and insult others. But I just look at it this way, they do it to make themselves feel better about themselves.

Here is a thread you all should go too

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Pay tribute to Pearl Harbor. Flag it and star it and show people that we still support our military.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 02:55 PM
link   
I don't know if it's been asked or not, but how are these soldiers fighting for and protecting us?

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by EMPIRE

I dont think that should be something someone tells you. You have to figure it out for yourself and if you cant find a reason thats your answer.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 03:01 PM
link   
I joined the army in 2004 not for college money, freedom, or to find wmds. I joined because our country was at war. I didn't care why it happened, I just knew that it was my duty my destiny. I deplyoyed to Iraq for all of 2006. I pulled security for EOD(the armys bomb squad) seen some horrible things. In this war the majority of innocents have been killed by there own people detonating roadside bombs, and suicide bombings in crowded areas. So before you start bashing our troops just know that I would have died for you and in a way I did.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Hack28

Oh they're protecting me from radical Islam, Tim Osman, and Iranian nukes.

I figured it out, thanks.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by felonius
Well people, I seem to have flushed out some dirtbags from the scrub

yes sir. some filthy pathetic murdering dirt bags who get there macho kicks off of explosions and death.

what would our war machine be without these contributors.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by zodgilla60
reply to post by rainfall

What "RIGHTS" are you referring to that we are losing daily? I can still vote, I can still own a home, I can still dance my a** off in my yard with twinkies in my ears, anytime I want, I can still say what I want when I want to anyone I want and there is no Gestapo to carry me off into the night (sorry, maybe you didn't know that),

um. really?

i remember you, you sat behind me in 8th grade English class.

you were that kid who never did his homework right?

1st AMENDMENT FREEDOM OF SPEECH
• The Patriot Act broadly expands the official definition of
terrorism, so that many domestic groups that engage in
nonviolent civil disobedience could very well find themselves
labeled as terrorists.
• The Government may now prosecute librarians or keepers
of any other records if they reveal that the government
requested information on their clients or members in the
course of an investigation. It has become a crime for these
individuals to try to safeguard your privacy or to tell you
that you are under investigation.
1st AMENDMENT FREEDOM OF ASSOCIATION
• Government agents may now monitor the First Amendmentprotected
activities of religious and political institutions, and
then infiltrate these groups with no suspicion of criminal
activity. This is a return to domestic spying on law-abiding
religious and political groups.
• You may now be the subject of a government investigation
simply because of the political, activist, or advocacy
groups you are involved in, or the statements you make
within these groups.
1st AMENDMENT RIGHT TO ACCESS
GOVERNMENT INFORMATION
• A U.S. Department of Justice directive actively encourages
federal, state, and local officials to resist and/or limit access
to government records through Freedom of Information Act
(FOIA) requests.
• The Government has conducted immigration hearings in
secret behind closed doors. Such proceedings were once
open to the public. Hundreds, if not thousands, of immigrants
have already been deported in secret.
4th AMENDMENT FREEDOM FROM UNREASONABLE
SEARCHES &SEIZURES
• Law Enforcement authorities may now conduct secret searches and wiretaps in your home or office
without showing “probable cause.” They need only to claim that intelligence gathering is “a significant
purpose” of their intrusion, even when the primary goal is ordinary law enforcement. They may also
monitor where and to whom you send and receive e-mail, or where you go on the Internet, recording
every e-mail address and website you have been in contact with.
• Law Enforcement may now demand any personal records held by any source including your doctor,
employer, accountant, or library. All they have to do is claim that it is related to an investigation into
“terrorism.” The record keepers may not reveal that your records were provided to the government.
• Judicial oversight of secret searches has been effectively minimized. The Patriot Act directs judges to
consent to secret searches based only on the Government’s assertion that a “significant” purpose of
an investigation is gathering information related to “terrorism,” as the government defines it.
5th AMENDMENT RIGHT TO DUE PROCESS & FREEDOM FROM BEING
HELD WITHOUT CHARGE
• Americans can now be jailed without a formal charge & without the right to confront the witnesses or
evidence against them. American citizens are now being held in military jails without charge and without
a clear path of appeal for their indefinite confinement.
• Hundreds of Arab, Muslim and South Asian men were rounded up in the Ashcroft raids following
September 11, and held for weeks without charges until all were cleared of terrorism charges
6th AMENDMENT RIGHT TO LEGAL REPRESENTATION
• Hundreds of U.S. residents have been detained for months at a time, and denied access to the advice
and advocacy of an attorney. The Government may now monitor conversations between attorneys &
clients in federal jails.
• The Bush Administration filed papers in court that arguing that an American citizen held in a military
jail without charge should be denied access to legal counsel because such access would interfere with
the process of his interrogation.
6th AMENDMENT RIGHT TO A SPEEDY AND PUBLIC TRIAL
• The U.S. Government may now jail its residents and citizens indefinitely without charge & without a public trial.
8th AMENDMENT FREEDOM FROM CRUEL AND UNUSUAL PUNISHMENTS
• The U.S. Government has taken into custody individuals they identify as “material witnesses,” transported
them across the country, and held them for months in solitary confinement without charge or
contact with their family.
• According to the Justice Department’s own Inspector General, immigrant men rounded up in the
Ashcroft raids following September 11 and held in the Metropolitan Detention Center in Brooklyn, NY
were subjected to a pattern of “physical and verbal abuse.”
14th AMENDMENT RIGHT TO EQUAL PROTECTION
• Over 82,000 men from Arab, Muslim and South Asian countries registered with the Government
under the Special Registration program. Over 13,000 are now in deportation proceedings. None
have been charged with terrorism.

read.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by oifvet907
I joined the army in 2004 not for college money, freedom, or to find wmds. I joined because our country was at war. I didn't care why it happened,

and here ladies and gentleman lies the problem.

education.

what is that old saying about history, something about being doomed to repeat it or something....

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anjin

God bless those who serve. There are still a lot of us civilians who will always recognize you for the heroes you are.

god doesn't bless those who kill him.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by havok
I just read the entire 10 pages of this thread.

We all know that reasons for war are unknown,

omg.

ladies and gentleman, we have hit the main nerve.

where did you pull that statement out of?

let me guess, it's star shaped, sometimes referred to as an eye, stinks and produces loads of crap.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by vermonster

Originally posted by felonius
Well people, I seem to have flushed out some dirtbags from the scrub

yes sir. some filthy pathetic murdering dirt bags who get there macho kicks off of explosions and death.

what would our war machine be without these contributors.
If not for us "dirtbags", you wouldn't be able to spout this sort of nonsense...........War Machine???? If your mean our Armed Forces, they would be nothing without brave people who put their lives on the line so arm chair theorists....not naming nameshere, can feel good about bullying people on the internet while avoiding personal responsability/consequences. Getting macho kicks off of off topic posts and trolling takes alot less intestinal fortitude.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by capgirl
It is bad that people have to sit and insult others. But I just look at it this way,they do it to make themselves feel better about themselves.

Yeah, or maybe to give a voice to the ones your "heros" have murdered in the name of, and get this, FREEDOM.

cheese and rice.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by adifferentbreed

no, you've got it terribly twisted.

YOU have done ZERO to protect my rights.

my rights were established and protected by mine and most likely your ancestors.

did you not read my long post on page 10?

those are OUR rights YOU are helping to DESTROY!

you get a

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Look who's back.
Care to answer my question to you from last night?
I notice it got skipped. I'm still quite interested in your
answer. Here's a re-post...

@vermonster
@rainfall
@level x

A question to the 3 of you...
Do you see any difference between military personnel who are serving in combat roles and those who are not? Is there any difference between those who are serving overseas (in combat zones) those who are overseas (non-combat zone) and those who are stateside? Are there levels to your distaste for the military or is it all lumped together in one big mass?

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by zodgilla60
reply to post by rainfall

What "RIGHTS" are you referring to that we are losing daily? I can still vote, I can still own a home, I can still dance my a** off in my yard with twinkies in my ears, anytime I want, I can still say what I want when I want to anyone I want and there is no Gestapo to carry me off into the night (sorry, maybe you didn't know that),

um. really?

i remember you, you sat behind me in 8th grade English class.

you were that kid who never did his homework right?

1st AMENDMENT FREEDOM OF SPEECH
• The Patriot Act broadly expands the official definition of
terrorism, so that many domestic groups that engage in
nonviolent civil disobedience could very well find themselves
labeled as terrorists.
• The Government may now prosecute librarians or keepers
of any other records if they reveal that the government
requested information on their clients or members in the
course of an investigation. It has become a crime for these
individuals to try to safeguard your privacy or to tell you
that you are under investigation.
1st AMENDMENT FREEDOM OF ASSOCIATION
• Government agents may now monitor the First Amendmentprotected
activities of religious and political institutions, and
then infiltrate these groups with no suspicion of criminal
activity. This is a return to domestic spying on law-abiding
religious and political groups.
• You may now be the subject of a government investigation
simply because of the political, activist, or advocacy
groups you are involved in, or the statements you make
within these groups.
1st AMENDMENT RIGHT TO ACCESS
GOVERNMENT INFORMATION
• A U.S. Department of Justice directive actively encourages
federal, state, and local officials to resist and/or limit access
to government records through Freedom of Information Act
(FOIA) requests.
• The Government has conducted immigration hearings in
secret behind closed doors. Such proceedings were once
open to the public. Hundreds, if not thousands, of immigrants
have already been deported in secret.
4th AMENDMENT FREEDOM FROM UNREASONABLE
SEARCHES &SEIZURES
• Law Enforcement authorities may now conduct secret searches and wiretaps in your home or office
without showing “probable cause.” They need only to claim that intelligence gathering is “a significant
purpose” of their intrusion, even when the primary goal is ordinary law enforcement. They may also
monitor where and to whom you send and receive e-mail, or where you go on the Internet, recording
every e-mail address and website you have been in contact with.
• Law Enforcement may now demand any personal records held by any source including your doctor,
employer, accountant, or library. All they have to do is claim that it is related to an investigation into
“terrorism.” The record keepers may not reveal that your records were provided to the government.
• Judicial oversight of secret searches has been effectively minimized. The Patriot Act directs judges to
consent to secret searches based only on the Government’s assertion that a “significant” purpose of
an investigation is gathering information related to “terrorism,” as the government defines it.
5th AMENDMENT RIGHT TO DUE PROCESS & FREEDOM FROM BEING
HELD WITHOUT CHARGE
• Americans can now be jailed without a formal charge & without the right to confront the witnesses or
evidence against them. American citizens are now being held in military jails without charge and without
a clear path of appeal for their indefinite confinement.
• Hundreds of Arab, Muslim and South Asian men were rounded up in the Ashcroft raids following
September 11, and held for weeks without charges until all were cleared of terrorism charges
6th AMENDMENT RIGHT TO LEGAL REPRESENTATION
• Hundreds of U.S. residents have been detained for months at a time, and denied access to the advice
and advocacy of an attorney. The Government may now monitor conversations between attorneys &
clients in federal jails.
• The Bush Administration filed papers in court that arguing that an American citizen held in a military
jail without charge should be denied access to legal counsel because such access would interfere with
the process of his interrogation.
6th AMENDMENT RIGHT TO A SPEEDY AND PUBLIC TRIAL
• The U.S. Government may now jail its residents and citizens indefinitely without charge & without a public trial.
8th AMENDMENT FREEDOM FROM CRUEL AND UNUSUAL PUNISHMENTS
• The U.S. Government has taken into custody individuals they identify as “material witnesses,” transported
them across the country, and held them for months in solitary confinement without charge or
contact with their family.
• According to the Justice Department’s own Inspector General, immigrant men rounded up in the
Ashcroft raids following September 11 and held in the Metropolitan Detention Center in Brooklyn, NY
were subjected to a pattern of “physical and verbal abuse.”
14th AMENDMENT RIGHT TO EQUAL PROTECTION
• Over 82,000 men from Arab, Muslim and South Asian countries registered with the Government
under the Special Registration program. Over 13,000 are now in deportation proceedings. None
have been charged with terrorism.

read.

Thank you for posting this vermonster...

I was going to get to it but could not get all my facts together..

PEACE and LOVE...

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by jam321
reply to post by Level X

Lets reverse that... It's more like.. what proof do we NOT have of America's murderous combat roles...?

Well, if you have proof, then do your patriotic job and turn it into the appropriate authorities.

You can reverse everything I say, it still boils down to one thing

Your just a yapping and can't answer a simple question.

Answer the questions or get out of dodge. I don't have time to play your reverse games.

[edit on 7-12-2009 by jam321]

Many have tried to turn in proof, and I'll give you their names - "American Veterans."

Many a Vet has come back to report unwarranted/murderous activity by the US armed forces. But guess what..?? The Army brass don't wanna here it!

"SSHHHHH!.... T.M.I. Remember, we were just suppose to be handing out Top Ramin, bottled water and Candy bars... If it gets out we blew up a school of children with Tillman inside it won't look good..."

And then comes the coverup to the families and American people...

"Well we saw 100 Taliban... with ah hunnerd virgins peepin from ah window... someone flinch-farted... that caused a chain reaction in my boys culminating in the place being blown to smithereens... God's truth.

The military has a bad case of distorting the truth, even to the very one's who have given their lives.

Now... who's playing games?

[edit on 7-12-2009 by Level X]

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 07:53 PM
link   

reply to post by adifferentbreed

no, you've got it terribly twisted.

YOU have done ZERO to protect my rights.

my rights were established and protected by mine and most likely your ancestors.

did you not read my long post on page 10?

those are OUR rights YOU are helping to DESTROY!

you get a
Yes, I read your opinion........doesn't change mine about people of your ilk. Painting with a pretty broad brush aren't we? The boots on the groung hyave done nothing to you, or your/our rights.....blame TPTB for that one.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

nope.

not when the same entity making the moves takes my rights.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join