It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is your drinking water safe? Answer: NO.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 01:19 PM
link   
People think its just America getting fluoride in their water, well that is not the case.

In 1976 Margaret Thatcher put fluoride in Northern Ireland's water, my local dentist states the water is safe...but she is a dentist not a chemist. Margaret Thatcher has a degree in chemistry though, she knew what she was doing.

Here in Belfast, we were under martial law, we have basically had what America is going have. We were a social experimental country, and still to this day you can taste the fluoride in the water, the shower curtains stain pink, the washing machines block up with calcium grit, you can even smell the fluoride from the water tap.

Margaret Thatcher also used Northern Ireland as an experiment with many other things, "Brown Noise" being one of them.

Supporting Evidence:

fluoridationfacts.com...

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 03:07 PM
link   
the plastic from your water bottle is far worse than anything in the water, period. plastic is a man made compound that will NOT break down. it might break up, but it is smaller pieces of the same evil complex compounds.

Im not ignorant enough to try and get the world to stop using plastic water bottles outright, but I urge you to patronize companies that make an effort in recycling and reconstituting plastics.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Not the best water on the upside I didn't see any flouride.

Auburn, wa

Pollution Summary15 Total Contaminants Detected (1998 - 2002)

Copper, Lead (total), Manganese, Nitrate & nitrite, Nitrate, Sulfate, cis-1,2-Dichloroethylene, Chloroform, Bromoform, Bromodichloromethane, Dibromochloromethane, Total trihalomethanes (TTHMs), Trichloroethylene, Tetrachloroethylene, Styrene
3 Agricultural Pollutants
(pesticides, fertilizer, factory farms)

Nitrate & nitrite, Nitrate, Sulfate
5 Sprawl and Urban Pollutants
(road runoff, lawn pesticides, human waste)

Copper, Lead (total), Nitrate & nitrite, Nitrate, Tetrachloroethylene
9 Industrial Pollutants

Lead (total), Manganese, Nitrate & nitrite, Nitrate, Sulfate, cis-1,2-Dichloroethylene, Trichloroethylene, Tetrachloroethylene, Styrene
5 Water Treatment and Distribution Byproducts
(pipes and fixtures, treatment chemicals and byproducts)

Chloroform, Bromoform, Bromodichloromethane, Dibromochloromethane, Total trihalomethanes (TTHMs)
6 Naturally Occurring
(naturally present but increased for lands denuded by sprawl, agriculture, or industrial development)

Total pollutants Agricultural pollutants Sprawl and Urban pollutants Industrial pollutants Water Treatment and Distribution Byproducts Naturally occurring pollutants
Number of pollutants detected (1998 - 2002) Over health based limits
Note: Some pollutants may be in more than one category.

NOTE: Health based limits included in this analysis include enforceable drinking water limits (called Maximum Contaminant Limits, or MCLs) as well as governmental, non-enforceable health guidelines, such as Maximum Contaminant Limit Goals (MCLGs), lifetime health advisory levels, one-day and ten-day advisory levels to protect children from non-cancer health endpoints, and other government-established health guidelines for tap water contaminants.

My neighbor has been boiling her water since WW2 so I'm going to start doing that then running it through the britta pitchers.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 08:25 PM
link   
i will just add a parenthesis here though i haven t read the thread...

people are not appreciating water enough for what it is
how valuable it is
how integral a part from our selves it is

i have come to treat water as being alive and this is all the more getting more of my belief...

call me crazy but i can now see the water oftenly react as a live organism...

you may call me crazy... whatever...

I will include a small story here:

When i was in the army i was often called to the patroling of the water reservouar for quite a large region

i was dissapointed at the level of security and only felt safe when i was there... never letting that door leading to the great reservour from my eyes

that place oftenly didn t have and doesn t have like most of the cases around us any protection whatsoever....

If a mentaly disbalanced person or an enemy threw just a few grams of poison or biological factor in the reservouar many many thousands of people would be dead by noon...

Just a piece of my thoughts

Love to all

GTG

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by ProudFossil

People keep saying we are living longer, but how do you know? Based on all the old people 70 and over? The food that Senior citizens ate back in the day was free of the poisions and hormones we eat today. They didn't use plastic like we do now and didn't go to fast food joints. So yeah they are going to live longer.

Now what about people 50 and under? Will we make it into our 90's with all the posions out there. Oh and don't forget the stress. Our food is so fake, and don't get me started on the meat. I would not drink a bottle of flouride. Why is flouride even in the water? It's not a cleaning agent.
What was wrong with water without flouride?

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Hmmm- some more shock and fear tactics. Explain to me then why it is that we as a species are living longer and healthier lives than at any time in human history? Just sayin.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Check this latest story out - something else to put in your pipe and smoke.

news.yahoo.com...

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by mrsoul2009

Once we stopped living in the harsh condition of early American life and became more technologically advanced and sanitary then thats when we started living longer. But now things are not so natural. My point is things are going to reverse with us injesting stuff like flouride and other crap. My grandmom great grand parents did not have so much of the synthetic stuff we have now. Not trying to use scare tatics just don't want to be the lab rat.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by mrsoul2009

io9.com...

I don't really know how to provide a link never done it before, but Yahoo is a joke! Just a month ago I saw a story on yahoo that said the American average life expectancy is down. Just go to yahoo search engine and type in "American Average Life Expectancy Down" and see what you get.
Point blank fluoride is bad for ya and we are out of balance with ourselves and nature.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 09:53 PM
link   
I belive, fluoride was accidentaly founded, to clear up motted mouth, a condition that afftected many americans up till its founding, late 1903's. Teeth appeared to be black* a busineman, not a doctor, ntoed it cleared up that black stuff...it wasnt until around 1947 the very first water supply was traeted wtih fluoride. maybe others here have insight to this...
from what ive researched about fluoride, its highly corrosive in concentration. just becasue yuor local water treattment plant, says its carefully measured, dosnt mean the water isnt overdosed* fluroide hexofluroide was a key necessity for the making of the atomic bomb..i just saw this a month ago on history channel. fluoride accumulates in the penial gland, and bones of the body. It is not easy at all, to remove fluoride form water once its intorduced...reverse osmosis seems to be the favorite, next to water distilling, but both, remove minerals that your body needs as well. distilled water leeches nutrients and minerals form yuor body over time*
for me, ive very much noticed..if i use colagte toothpaste, i get mind clouded. if i use a non fluorinated toothpaste, aka tomso fo maine with xylitol , JASON herbal toohtpaste withou fluroide..i can think much much better, colgate seesm to give me small migraines*
For a while i bought one of those countertop water fitler untis, a twin one..in one filter, i use a 1 or .5 micron carbon filter, the other, i pust activated alumi fitler..it half alumi and half GAC. its supposed to reduce fluoride 40 to 60 %. i saw the website here, one of the members posted a shower filter that reduces fluroide. i myslef have used shower filters for years now..paragon, vitmain C..they all worked well, but the best bang for the buck, i found at crystal water* thier shower fitler also coaptrues sediment, and is double filtered* the one the member posted, backwashes $188 GEESH!!!
Seems like the only real answer, to not having fluoride intorduced into our water systems, is a whole huose reerse osmisi system, where its installed at the in line of water to the house*

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 10:00 PM
link   
From what ive researched.. for you all GAC fitlers seems to be much better tahn carbon block filters. 2 filter slasemen told me, carbon fitlers do in fact remove some fluoride, to a lesser degree..its all about exposure ime of the water to the filter. GAC works bettr, but has a much shorter time frame..it also absorbs much more chemcials and pollutants than carbon blocks.
last month, i took a look at my 1 micron block in coutner top unit..white mesh was turning brown : X thats nasty! been in thier for 7 months now. I use it, to was dishes with using warmn water, not hot* drinking water ect.
thiers another shower fitler i saw online, that uses animal bone in it to absorb the fluoride..it seemed knida shady, but mayeb im wrong..the fluroide will attach to the bone, be fitlered so 95% fresh water comes out.
What i have never been able to find online, is exaclyt where fluoride comes from..yeah ive read all those websites posted and all..but like, form a chemist or scientists mouth, or form an actual water treatments plants email ya know?

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Stillalive

Can you get "Tom's of Maine" non-flouride toothpaste?

Wal-Mart sells it here, as well as other national chains, and I have seen it advertised on Amazon and eBay.

The mint flavor seems to work better than the strawberry flavor, IMO.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Yes you can..store i work in seels it, in mint. its fluoride free. You could try mothernature.com..they sell alot of toms of maine stuff. just read carefully, make sure its the non flurinated one* its in mint

What i wa curious about, is the side effects of toothpaste over years of use? as ive stated, i seem to get small migraines and unlear thinking when using brands like colgate, crest, all fourinated* non fluorinated toothpaste i feel so much better...
i mean, is this normal for some? concidental maybe? does it sound like i need a good fluroinated detox treatment? only 2 i know of...
instestinal detox pills* or sprinking some washing soda into a liter of water, and drinking throughout the day..any other remedies?

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 12:07 AM
link   
however..i read the ingreidients, and i noted toms of maine uses sodium lareth sulfate* a known skin agitant, aka engine degreaseer : x personaly i like JASON toothpaste...they use calcium carboante in place of sodium lareth sulfate. I found a website few weeks ago..they stated, propelyne glycol, stuff in deodorant, is ba..it is related to engine coolant, kinda remotley. however, they said what it does, is it allows the skin to absorb chemcials and metals much more readily and easily. so since fluoride is linked to aluminum lead and arsenic, and if its true..it would seem, menne and the like deodorants, allow any metals youve picked up on yuor skin via the shower to be absored n stored in your brian n body easier* x

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 12:10 AM
link   
oh, almost forogt..soadium larel and laureth slfate, in toothpaste, may be the cause of recceding gumlines : x its also in shampoo...maybe that owuld explain why so many americans have receeding hairlines at younger ages??? prmotes chemcial sprays, like in the 90's tv guy prmoting spray on hair ina can..things like that.
our health is at sacrifice and deveation for corporations business and sucess*

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 01:28 AM
link   
I am convinced we are doomed as a species. Only a sociopathic nut case would poison its own people and thats exactly what they are doing... and on purpose.

Who and why is a mystery although i would guess its to keep us sick weak and retarded. easier to control, kind of reminds me of parents that make their kids sick on purpose just so they can look after them.

Munchausen's Syndrome by Proxy (MSP) is a parenting disorder where parents, usually the mother, fabricate symptoms in their children, thus subjecting the child to unnecessary medical tests and/or surgical procedures. In some cases, the parents also inflict injury and can kill their children in the process.

So either they do it because there mentally sick or they just enjoy seeing us suffer in which case they are mentally sick. God its just good news all around isnt it. Poisoned water supply, Irradiated and genetically modified food, Loss of civil liberties and freedom, Corporate controlled media.

Where the hell are my flying cars and all the rest of the cool # they promised us????

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 05:12 AM
link   
Oh my!

Atlanta is number one on the list. But I knew that before visiting the link. It's common knowledge not to drink the water here, but I've seen people do it. If I'm forced to cook with it, I filter and boil it at least. I'm thinking about getting one of those charcoal filtered shower heads that were mentioned.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 05:25 AM
link   
Sorry to disillusion you but the answer is YES.
To the OP, do you know me? Have you personally tested everyone's water supply? No? Well please refrain from making silly generalised claims then.

Life expectancy is going up here in the developed world (in case you hadn't noticed). Must be due to some government conspiracy!
No flouride here, but in any case, I would choose to have this water over some muddy infested third world source that you might have to lug miles.
We are so fortunate - we in the developed world who have the luxury of sitting here whinging away at our computers. Yes life is tough indeed.

And if we are about to start going downhill, as someone suggested, well that could (only COULD, mind you) owe something to the instant ready made crap that people load into their shopping trolleys each week.

[edit on 8-12-2009 by unicorn1]

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 09:51 AM
link   
There was this in the news yesterday:
Millions in U.S. Drink Dirty Water, Records Show
I suppose all this will only get worse since the problem has yet to be fixed.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Yeah, life expectancy has gone up...but with all those nasty chemicals they use in products we aply to ourselves...maybe the chemicals act kindal ike formaldyhyde..allowing us to live longer life spans, but hurting us in other ways, so big pharma has a profitable upper edge...something to ponder on

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join