It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is your drinking water safe? Answer: NO.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 05:26 PM
link   
So I have a big question for all you people that know it all. If our drinking water is so putrid and unhealthy, why are we living longer than our parents?

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 05:30 PM
link   
I use a Berkey water filter system. It sits in the kitchen on the counter. Since it is gravity operated, it is also a good emergency survival filter system too. I could pour lake or river or even flood water through it. It can filter out all those nasty drugs too. Easy to clean and maintain. Even the filters can be cleaned to extend their life and to maintain optimum flow rate. I also use the additional fluoride filters (which can be removed when using other sources of water which don't contain fluoride). I particularly like the idea knowing that so long as I have this filter I can safely drink from many sources of water, particularly during some kind of emergency or bugout situation. The city tap water here tastes and smells horrible and I can not drink that stuff, and cooking with it makes food like noodles taste funky. This filter saves me from having to buy bottled water, and neither do I have to worry about storing any water in case of an emergency too (there's a pond and a lake not far from here).

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Divinorumus

We bought a berkey and love it. I am on well water so I don't have the chlorine problem. We have year round springs so it will be great for power outages.

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 05:57 PM
link   
I've never liked the taste of water even as a kid and now knowing about the bad chemicals/compounds in them I really aint drinking. I stay away from soda and stick to juices, preferably cranberry because it helps flush out your system the same way water does. I'm also aware of flouride being in the toothpaste but we don't swallow it so it doesn't have the same effect but does damage to our teeth

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by ProudFossil

life span averages were lower in the past due to many more dying in childbirth and before the age of two. most babies now live to make 2 years old, thus the average goes up. there were many people in the past that grew to be very old.

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 06:07 PM
link   
ok yes its bad the fbi cia trying kill us all with water

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 06:08 PM
link   
You know what's even worse?

Bottled water. All the depletion of aquifers, the gasoline it takes to transport it, the plastics used to bottle it, the chemicals in the plastics, the massive corporations which are cheating out towns and drying up wells (such as Poland Spring.)

ATS- you're not stupid. Promise me if you drink bottled that you will only drink Dasani or Aquafina, because they are purified city water and perfectly fine, and aren't draining a watershed. Don't give me crap about taste, they all taste the same, and tap water is really fine. It's much better for the environment and in most places it is healthy.

I will really hate you inside if you drink bottled water, especially Poland Spring. Just buy a freaking Brita filter or suck it up.

They put water in everything. Everything. Juice is mostly water. I mean, really.

[edit on 12/6/2009 by ravenshadow13]

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProudFossil
So I have a big question for all you people that know it all. If our drinking water is so putrid and unhealthy, why are we living longer than our parents?

It sure ain't because they're dumping toxic waste fluoride (FSA) in the water!

Most likely because of indoor plumbing and huge improvements in disinfection and sanitation.

[edit on 6-12-2009 by GoldenFleece]

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stillalive
nice of you to make another thread,to remind the people again man. and i sure feel lucky that i dont live in america,atleast our water dosnt have fluoride.
our toothpastes have it tough...

If what is says under your avatar is true, you are in Bulgaria? I'm sorry but these constant digs at America as if the rest of the world is Disneyland grow tiring.

Bulgaria Gets 4 Warnings....

The European Commission has sent 4 written warnings to Bulgaria over failures in environmental protection...

...Bulgaria has 2 months to respond to EC’s written warnings. If Bulgaria fails to reply or provides an unsatisfactory answer, the Commission may start a suit against it in the Court of European Communities in Luxembourg.

High Air Pollution to Close Downtown Sofia

...experts warned of 209.27 miligrammes of dust particles per cubic metre of the air in fog-blanketed Sofia, while the norm is 50 milligrammes.

Environmental Problems in Bulgaria.

The main environmental problems in Bulgaria appear to be three: the
water pollution, air pollution, and (more recently) noise. As noted above,
concern was initially expressed over the pollution of waters

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Glad to see not everyone is asleep at the wheel

Our environment has improved greatly during my lifetime. Nobody ever mentions that. Since the sixties it has improved greatly. Lifespans have gone up by about 15 years and instead of people over seventy being fragile and in Nursing Homes they are still active.

You should have seen Los Angeles for instance in the sixties and early seventies when for entire weeks a yellow-brown stinking thick haze would envelope the whole area. Never happens now.

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 06:33 PM
link   
and F.B.I WILL PUT POSION IN ARE WATER TO HELP nWO

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 06:59 PM
link   
I know juice is mostly water but I said as a child I never liked water, I didnt like the taste then and I dont know. So now I feel I have more reason to not drink it, crap or no crap. Its my view on the whole thing

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Here in the UK the tap water is mostly recycled sewage, that's the stuff that goes from the wc to the treatment centre and put back into taps.

I started getting reactions to tap water many years ago and could never drink it straight from the tap without agonising stomach pains and / or throwing up.

We now only drink bottled spring and mineral water, it doesn't give us any pains or illnesses and even the smell of tap water now is gross, I certainly wouldn't drink it, every now adn then tried and a few sips then physically couldn't.

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by GoldenFleece

It sure ain't because toxic waste fluoride has been added to the water!

Most likely because of indoor plumbing and huge improvements in sanitation.

And many other factors like improved habitation, less labour intensive work, less dangerous working practices, improved nutrition, improved child rearing, improved medicine, improved education, general lifestyle improvements.... many many factors, certainly isn't just about water.

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Real Simple - Ecoloblue produce your own water. I have been working for them for over a year, it is the only water I give my family... tell them Lisa sent you and you want your stainless steel water container.

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Choronzon

So I'm becoming a woman....I would make one horridly ugly woman.

So my question is, if these chemicals can alter gender in humans why aren't they being used in sex changes? Probably because they don't do so. I'm not saying our drinkng water is safe, I'm saying I'm not going to grow breasts from drinking it. If I'm wrong then maybe my wife will get some peace. Good amount of information though.

Sorry guys for me this is right there with the poison Toilet paper.

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by UnlawfullPriest

on another note "poison toilet paper" sounds like a great band name.
right up there with "badai of death"

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 07:32 PM
link   
This is very scary, the problems described in this Article are shocking, and require the same level of attention that Co2 emissions are getting now.

Snippet-

Scientists warned yesterday that the mass of evidence added up to a grave warning for both wildlife and humans. Professor Charles Tyler, an expert on endocrine disrupters at the University of Exeter, says that the evidence in the report "set off alarm bells". Whole wildlife populations could be at risk, he said, because their gene pool would be reduced, making them less able to withstand disease and putting them at risk from hazards such as global warming. Dr Pete Myers, chief scientist at Environmental Health Sciences, one of the world's foremost authorities on gender-bender chemicals, added: "We have thrown 100, 000 chemicals against a finely balanced hormone system, so it's not surprising that we are seeing some serious results. It is leading to the most rapid pace of evolution in the history of the world.

Source

Peace

The source is from the OP originally.

[edit on 6-12-2009 by Toecutter.]

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by UnlawfullPriest
reply to post by Choronzon

So I'm becoming a woman....I would make one horridly ugly woman.

So my question is, if these chemicals can alter gender in humans why aren't they being used in sex changes? Probably because they don't do so. I'm not saying our drinkng water is safe, I'm saying I'm not going to grow breasts from drinking it. If I'm wrong then maybe my wife will get some peace. Good amount of information though.

Sorry guys for me this is right there with the poison Toilet paper.

What an ignorant post, but that's ok, i'll elaborate: Gender bending chemicals change the gender of animals while they are in the womb/egg, etc. For those who are already born, BPA etc causes problems like infertility, erectile dysfunction and prostate cancer.

[edit on Sun Dec 6 2009 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 07:57 PM
link   
ive been seeing things for quite some time as far as water quality go, only a month or so ago a dead fetus was found in the water treatment plant where i live. but for the last 20 plus years doctors had told patients to flush their old medicines. i wonder where they went? lol, not really. so dead babies and meds, thats just thd tip of whats in the water.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join