It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is your drinking water safe? Answer: NO.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+31 more 
posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 11:31 AM
link   
So you're thinking about installing a new water reverse osmosis / de-ionization water filtration system? GOOD! I thought you'd like to read why its important, despite government disinfo on our drinking water and its safety:

-------------------------------------------------------------
What EPA says about fluoride levels and
other toxic compounds in your water.

The EPA Admits fluoride is not safe at any level:
* www.nteu280.org...
* waterindustry.org...
* www.naturalsolutionsmag.com...
* www.fluoridealert.org...

Top 11 compounds found in city treated drinking water:
* www.newscientist.com...

Gender Bending Chemicals and BPA
note: BPA comes from plastics, ex: bottled water

Chemicals in our waterways alters gender of its inhabitants:
* www.cbsnews.com...

Babies in womb have high instances of gender bending chemicals:
* www.dailymail.co.uk...
* www.guardian.co.uk...

The WHO (World health organization) urges inquiry into gender bending chemicals in drinking water:
* www.independent.co.uk...

EPA seeks to regulate gender bending chemicals in drinking water:
* www.treehugger.com...

Drinking water affecting male reproduction organs:
* www.independent.co.uk...

BPA Linked to prostate cancer:
* www.ourstolenfuture.org...
* www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...
* www.naturalnews.com...
* mct.aacrjournals.org...

What goes into your waterways

Most drinking water contains feces:
* planetgreen.discovery.com...

Here is Forbes list of top toxic cities:
* www.forbes.com...

Can the EPA be paid off? You decide:

The EPA claims you can safely drink from this, The Tennessee coal ash spill:
* www.youtube.com...
* www.cnn.com...

[edit on 12/6/2009 by Choronzon]

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 11:36 AM
link   
nice of you to make another thread,to remind the people again man. and i sure feel lucky that i dont live in america,atleast our water dosnt have fluoride.
our toothpastes have it tough...

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Choronzon

Even reverse osmosis has a limit to how much flouride they can remove. Harvesting rain water and running it through reverse osmosis is better than tap water run through reverse osmosis. I am happy that reverse osmosis purifers are becoming cheaper.

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Where I live we are considered to have "safe" water. Once you smelled enough water you can easily tell the difference between 'good' water and chemical water thats used as purifiers.

You can smell the chlorine in the tap water.

A lot of heavy chemicals will evaporate if the water stands long enough. 24 hours is recommended. I learned this years ago learning gardening. You NEVER should water your fruits and vegetables with water from a garden hose.

Do this. put a pitcher of water in the refrigerator or on the kitchen counter for 24 hours. Compare that smell and taste to straight tap water. The tap water will be nasty compared to the pitcher water.

But your water is still not clean, only better. There are orderless and tasteless chemicals in the water that will not evaporate out.

Yes, a good micron type filtration system that gets all the chemicals and trace elements and minerals out of the water is the best way to go.

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Thankfully I have well water at home that has been tested, but when I go to work the tap water is city water from Houston. Every few days the odor of this water changes. It may smell like mold, chlorine, or fish. In a white 5 gallon bucket, it is NEVER clear. It is usually brownish. I take my own water to work, but other people just guzzle that smelly stuff down!

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Lookingup

Im with you on that one I see co workers drinking from the tap all the time and and I warn them every time.I drink only bottled water it still has its problems but its better than from the tap. And to the op thanks good topic.

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 01:17 PM
link   
yes it is at the moment, I drink water from the near forest spring, and it is one of the best water springs in this part of the world

and the best of all, it is free, I don't have to pay for this gift from nature...

[edit on 6-12-2009 by donhuangenaro]

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 01:17 PM
link   
No, our water isn't safe. Open reservoirs that the people keep fighting to keep open, rather than pay the dollars to cover and secure them. Just last week we had an e-coli contamination that put a large part of the city on water ban for multiple days. Not the first time it's been found in the reservoirs, either and as is typical, the notice was delayed due to Thanksgiving, thus exposing even more people to sickness.

[edit on 6-12-2009 by LadySkadi]

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 01:23 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 01:27 PM
link   
this is a big issue - huge really...

maybe after the 4,000th mention of this it'll finally sink in to those on the site who think that it's not that big of a deal to drink dirty water...

...as if the fluoride alone wasn't bad enough...

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 01:33 PM
link   
It can spiral wildly out of control into extreme panic for the paranoids.
I drink out my tap, because the water jug that gets delivered is #7 plastic, which apparently is also bad for you.

Can We not build up a tolerance to all this goo in our water? Aren't we equipped with evolutionary strides influenced by "survival" situations, environment/food/disease/ etc...

MAYBE the government is toughening us up for something worse.
Especially if the proverbial SHTF. I would like to be able to drink water from a puddle if I had to. And not die from it. haha.

Maybe. haha.

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Yeah, it's not safe. I use to only get bottled water. Then I learned that xenoestrogens could be leached from the plastic. I taste the plastic in it sometimes. Just as disgusting as tasting the chlorine from tap water. If you don't taste it, you're desensitized and/or zinc deficient.

A simple charcoal filter seems to work well. I use these for the shower, sink, and water containers. It's most definitely worth mentioning, most chemicals from tap water is absorbed through a 5 minute shower, not drinking it all day! Get the showerhead. It only costs roughly $45.

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Demoncreeper

Ya, you've got a point. Bottled water all comes in plastic (bad) well water still has to be treated (yes/no?) filtered water doesn't filter everything... Best water I ever had came from a spring near Moab. Filtered out through the rock wall and you could drive up, fill up, and move on... who knows though, the spring water probably picked up something along the way that also makes it "bad"...

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Wow I was really surprised to see my home town on that list because we are told we have the best water in the state of California We even have commercials telling us so.

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by calstorm
Wow I was really surprised to see my home town on that list because we are told we have the best water in the state of California We even have commercials telling us so.

Corporations run this country.

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadySkadi
No, our water isn't safe. Open reservoirs that the people keep fighting to keep open, rather than pay the dollars to cover and secure them. Just last week we had an e-coli contamination that put a large part of the city on water ban for multiple days. Not the first time it's been found in the reservoirs, either and as is typical, the notice was delayed due to Thanksgiving, thus exposing even more people to sickness.

[edit on 6-12-2009 by LadySkadi]

wow i didn't think any one would bring that up yeah here in Portland Oregon it happened they think some person or animal pooped in the water reservoirs in town but i thought they had stuff to make shure people or animals didn't do that

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 02:28 PM
link   
i believe or mp is trying to get it added in manchester uk

s+f need as many people aware of this as poss

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Bottled water may not be safer than tap water, but it sure is nice to have it on the go. Here are some good reasons to not drink bottled water. Link.
I also don't like paying a convince price of $2 for a bottle. The water doesn't cost that much, you're paying for the bottle, the label, the travel, and profit for the companies.

Water is a human right, but we wont get into that topic.

I'll stick to my water filter in my fridge. It's nice and cool, and I only have to yell at my girlfriend a little bit because she doesn't refill it.

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 02:34 PM
link   
excellent post, everyone should be aware of this and fighting for cleaner water, a god (or whatever you ascribe to) given right if you ask me.

but you don't need anything fancy like reverse osmosis, all you need is sweet quality water distiller. the closest thing to pure H20 you can produce outside of some mad scientist's lab.

waterwise is an excellent brand, they make great products for large family's, even a distiller you can operate over a campfire, no electricity!

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Choronzon

You know what?

I used to drink tap water on a daily basis up until a few years back when i decided that tap water isn't very clean (meaning how it comes to be in your tap)... i've since been drinking bottled water but i'm one of those guys who is all for keeping our climate safe so now i'm drinking all this bottled water which obviously comes in plastic bottles and i'm thinking 'damn! i now have to get rid of all this plastic' so i put them in a bag to go to the recycle plant but low and behold i bet a lot of that doesn't go through recycling but instead gets thrown on the rubbish dump!!

I don't know if i'm creating more mess out of my views of drinking clean water or whether i should ttthink more about drinking bottled water.... it seems that we have created more CO2 by doing this when in fact we should be reducing it.....

why have people gone to huge lengths to start spraying our foods and messing about with our water supply?

I was fine drinking tap water for many years but now i just don't trust it or some foods which are on display at the supermarket!!!

We have made ourselves so paranoid in this World it's unbelievable....

Having said this i'll be going out tmrw to get myself 2 big bottles of water.... i dunno.....

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join