It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Advanced knowledge in the ancient world

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 02:21 PM
link   
mysteries of the Mayans

Here you go,one of my favorites

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 04:10 AM
link   
Solar Metrics in ancient India according to movement of planet Earth......

We know according to modern metric system
60 seconds = 1 minute; 60 minutes = 1 hour, 24 hours = 1 day
But ancient Indian metric system of time was more advanced and time was measured very accurate as per the movement of Earth... This is the fantastic way through which ancient Indians measured time...

1 paramanu is the lowest unit of time in ancient India i.e. equal to 16.931216 microseconds
a Ańu is 2 paramáńus
a Trasareńu is 3 Ańus
a truti is 3 trasarenus, .
a vedha is 100 trutis.
a lava is 3 vedhas.
a nimesha is 3 lavas, or a blink.
a kshanas is 3 nimeshas.
a kashthas is 5 kshanas, which is equal to 4.1142857 seconds
a kala is 35 Kashthas
A Muhurtta is 20 Kalas that is exactly 48 minutes
1 day is 30 Muhúrttas that is 24 hours exactly or 1 day

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 04:45 AM
link   
Ancient Indians used electricity 7000 years ago. Can't believe it ..
Here is an extract from Agastya Samhita, which describes about the manufacture of Battery ..

Sansthapya Mrinmaya Patre Tamrapatram Susanskritam Chhadyechhikhigriven Chardrarbhih Kashthpamsubhih Dastaloshto Nidhatavyah Pardachhaditastah Sanyogajjayte Tejo Mitravarunsangyitam Anen Jalbhangosti Prano Daneshu Vayushu Evam Shatanam Kumbhanamsanyogkaryakritsmrita

This is written in ancient form of sanskrit. ..

It means the following

Place a well-cleaned copper plate in an earthenware vessel. Cover it first by copper sulfate and then moist sawdust. After that put a mercury-amalgamated-zinc sheet on top of an energy known by the twin name of Mitra-Varuna. Water will be split by this current into Pranavayu and Udanavayu. A chain of one hundred jars is said to give a very active and effective force. By the way, mitra is cathode and varuna is what we call anode today, Pranavayu is oxygen and udanavayu is hydrogen.

Isn't above a proof of Sage Agasti's Knowledge about generating electricity from chemical reaction and using it for breaking water molecule in to hydrogen and oxygen.

Sage agasti has also written that using this "Mitravarun Tej" i.e. electricity, one can put a layer of Gold or Silver ( by taking it's "Yavkshar" (Nitrate) ) on Copper.

This is really amazing
Here is an image to show this explanation

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by pritishxsinha

This is a fringe hoax that showed up some years ago, but if you believe it please post to a link of the original document

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 07:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Hanslune

yea, years may be wrong, who knows ... but what I came to hear about Maharishi Agastya that he was a person of 5000 BCs .. i.e. 2000 years before Mahabharata at the time of ending dwaparyug as per ancient indian division of large times.. that's why I mentioned the date otherwise the everything about his book and sayings are all right

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by pritishxsinha

yea, years may be wrong, who knows ... but what I came to hear about Maharishi Agastya that he was a person of 5000 BCs .. i.e. 2000 years before Mahabharata at the time of ending dwaparyug as per ancient indian division of large times.. that's why I mentioned the date otherwise the everything about his book and sayings are all right

Yes he seems to have existed but an you provide a citation, cite or link to the original document with the sanskrit of the battery phrase you noted above?

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by nafiro
In my opinion the people in the past were just as smart as we are today

I disagree with you. They were way smarter than us hands down.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarknStormy

I disagree with your disagreement! We are far smarter today. For example: brain surgery, space exploration, deep sea exploration, computers, heavy machinery, etc etc.

What i would say is that people in the past were far more in tune with adapting nature to their own ends without spoiling it - although ancient large scale pollution is also a documented problem!

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Well, I had seen and known this fact of ancient electricity from many sources .. However, presently, I am remembering this site when once I visited it which tells about ancient electricity in ancient India and also providing sanskrit text ..

Electric battery of Maharishi Agastya

I too know sanskrit and hindi, so I was partially able to translate this ancient sanskrit myself,, and it's meaning was also same and all sanskrit experts too have similar opinions .. this sanskrit text is originally taken from Agstya's samhita or Agniyan (which means something related to agni (fire) that flows, may be named due to the flow of electric currents) .

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Flavian

Yea, it could be possible that today's people had been more advanced than that of ancient worlds... However, bygone ancient civilizations were not just the advanced (may be not like today's high level advancement ), but they were also superior creatures in knowing much more about our body and the world, they are the ones who contributed yoga to the society, and various ways of it (yoga is not just referring to the exercises but it is far more and basics of living to gain freedom) .. Their amazing knowledge can be found in ancient Indian texts that will really make you astonished and also perfect, may be their engineering and other things were not advanced as much as today but they were in an ongoing process ....... however, time destroys every thing, and we are the product of left activities that we made it to the new heights .. however, the main development of ancients that were their amazing culture and lifestyle, we have forgotten and in this part they became more superior ...

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Good timing with with your post.
I was just watching this really cool vid on youtube about the Chico canyon astronomical alignments.
it's just mind blowing that Native Americans built these huge structures some 1500 years ago and knew then not only the yearly sun cycle but also set up those buildings aligned on a 18.6 year lunar cycle too!

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flavian

I disagree with your disagreement! We are far smarter today. For example: brain surgery, space exploration, deep sea exploration, computers, heavy machinery, etc etc.

What i would say is that people in the past were far more in tune with adapting nature to their own ends without spoiling it - although ancient large scale pollution is also a documented problem!

Ah I disagree with you both!

Humans now and then have the same basic intelligence; but we moderns stand on the shoulders of giants - we have vast amounts of old data we can use, systems, methodogies, criteria, experience, etc.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Well, I had seen and known this fact of ancient electricity from many sources .. However, presently, I am remembering this site when once I visited it which tells about ancient electricity in ancient India and also providing sanskrit text ..

I too know sanskrit and hindi, so I was partially able to translate this ancient sanskrit myself,, and it's meaning was also same and all sanskrit experts too have similar opinions .. this sanskrit text is originally taken from Agstya's samhita or Agniyan (which means something related to agni (fire) that flows, may be named due to the flow of electric currents) .

Again point to the original document, ie a translation of the ancient document by a noted scholar. I too can take a Sankrit dictionary and make up a fair description of a telephone, that doesn't mean the ancients had one

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo_Child

I'm reading a book just now called Earth Magic by Francis Hitching published in 1977. It's all about Stonehenge and other Megaliths throughout the world. He highlights the studies of these megaliths and the various methods of examination archeologists employed on them. It's interesting because you see how archeology changes over the years and how flawed it is, being fraught with very unscientific methods even in present day. Many so called confirmed findings have to be continually re-confirmed or tossed out altogether as real science is now starting to be applied to archeology. Many of the old beliefs that are now proven untrue are still being circulated as fact today.

He has a chapter called Unwritten Science. In this chapter he tells of how it is now accepted as fact ( based on the work of Professor Alexander Thom who discovered the megalithic yard ( a yard stick used by ancients all over the world ) en.wikipedia.org... and others that has been re-examined and shown to live up to computational scrutiny) that Stonehenge and many other megaliths are proven to be very precise instruments of calculating/observing the positions of the sun, moon, eclipse's, the moons standstill phases and other other data. These measurements were not general measurements, but very exact. It is shown in consecutive years how megalithic man kept improving his technique striving for mathematical perfection - long before written language existed. Modern man didn't re-discover these until some centuries after 100 AD. These megaliths in question and the peoples that built them predate 100 AD by at least 7,000 years. This predates the flood of the Bible by at least 3000 years !

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnPhoenix
reply to post by Indigo_Child

I'm reading a book just now called Earth Magic by Francis Hitching published in 1977. It's all about Stonehenge and other Megaliths throughout the world. He highlights the studies of these megaliths and the various methods of examination archeologists employed on them. It's interesting because you see how archeology changes over the years and how flawed it is, being fraught with very unscientific methods even in present day. Many so called confirmed findings have to be continually re-confirmed or tossed out altogether as real science is now starting to be applied to archeology. Many of the old beliefs that are now proven untrue are still being circulated as fact today.

Science continually updates - it's how it works, fringe however never updates or rejects failed theories - they just keep going

He has a chapter called Unwritten Science. In this chapter he tells of how it is now accepted as fact ( based on the work of Professor Alexander Thom who discovered the megalithic yard ( a yard stick used by ancients all over the world ) en.wikipedia.org... and others that has been re-examined and shown to live up to computational scrutiny) that Stonehenge and many other megaliths are proven to be very precise instruments of calculating/observing the positions of the sun, moon, eclipse's, the moons standstill phases and other other data. These measurements were not general measurements, but very exact. It is shown in consecutive years how megalithic man kept improving his technique striving for mathematical perfection - long before written language existed. Modern man didn't re-discover these until some centuries after 100 AD. These megaliths in question and the peoples that built them predate 100 AD by at least 7,000 years. This predates the flood of the Bible by at least 3000 years !

Well no Thom's theory hasn't been accepted it is still considered pseudo-science. His theories have been reutilitized by other fringe and alternative theorists. Also no biblical world wide flood
edit on 4/10/12 by Hanslune because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   

We should have no trouble building a Pyramid then

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 01:42 AM
link   

We should have no trouble building a Pyramid then

Sure if you have a few billion to waste on building a rock tomb - for who exactly?

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 05:16 AM
link   
Just to throw my 2 cents in

From what science tells us, is that modern humans (homo-sapiens) have been here for between 150,000 - 300,000 years,
and that other "breeds" of humans have been here before us as far back as millions of years. I believe
our (modern humans) intelligence is no different than it was from when the first homo-sapien was here. We don't know
how intelligent our species "brothers/ancestors" were before us, nor do we know if us as a species evolved or if we
possibly de-volved.

What we do know is that occasionally a big event happens on earth that leaves humanity crippled, and that knowledge,
information, and technology is often lost through these occurences and humanity has to start for scratch. For
example, it's estimated that about 60,000-70,000 years ago something happened and there was only about 2,000 humans
spread out on the entire planet. I'd imagine we had a bunch of Adam and Eve type families and humanity basically
had to start from nothing.

Looking at our current situation, it took 6,000 years to go from horseback riding to where we are today. We've had
some huge breakthroughs the past 200 years though which have led to where we are today. But to get back on subject, let's
assume we're ahead of the curve and that it takes about 12,000-15,000 years to go from scratch to the comfortable lives
and accomplishments we have today.

It's my belief that humanity has risen and fallen many times before and that eventually, we will have to start
over once again. The reason for this is simply that our Earth will have a big event one day that causes a reset, and
directly or indirectly, humanity plays a role in this as well in some cases. Nobody knows for certain how far advanced
the last set of humans got before the Earth knocked them off their pedestal, or how far the set of humans before them
got before a reset. I'd assume that humanity arose through similar but different ways each time and had it's own
level of uniqueness, as well as similar, but not exact technologies.

It's fun to research what has happened in the past, but there will always be a void. What you can take from this is
not to worry about what has happened or will happen, but to simply enjoy your time here and cherish the ones you
love. Don't stress about things that ultimately don't matter, and try to contribute as much as you possibly can
to humanity to try to ensure that something can be done to avoid another reset.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Don't forget i will also need a workforce of around 30'000 and about 15-20 years.

However, provided i can get these things, i am fairly confident i could knock up a decent pyramid in said time. It may not be Great Pyramid quality but hey, it will be my first attempt!

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hanslune

Again point to the original document, ie a translation of the ancient document by a noted scholar. I too can take a Sankrit dictionary and make up a fair description of a telephone, that doesn't mean the ancients had one

I can just advice take a book of Agsyta samhita and go through it .. It has been known the fact that this book is of Vedic age which was written by Maharishi Agastya, this knowledge must have spread to near by countries that's why a 2000 years old similar cell was also found in Baghdad, Iraq ... and even Atharvaveda, ancient most book known to modern humans, too contains many facts about electricity as I personally read it and even if you don't believe it, than I have no idea,, what you need to believe.. Try once to write about phone in sanskrit.. first of all it needs ancient sanskrit, and many many other conditions,, it will also be approved by some organisation of our rishis if it is really authentic and ancient, they have known from generations which books are really ancient and preserved and written by whom.. it will be easily approved that the ancient phones written by you is modern one ....

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join