It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

View the Universe

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 08:34 PM
link   
all these sites are great, i never knew about any of them so thanks!

star n flag

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 09:26 PM
link   
I suppose the thick line in the middle is our galaxy, edge on, of course. I suppose it does show the universe, but our sky is dominated by our own galaxy.

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 09:33 PM
link   
The images we're seeing is sometimes referred to as our "Local Universe" meaning what we can see of our Universe from our location. Our Cosmic neighborhood.

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 10:56 PM
link   
I am a little ignorant on astrology outside of our neighborhood so if this is a dumb question just keep in mind I am blond, ok. Does anyone know what those streaks are that look like roads or railroad tracks? They are all over, outside of our galaxy? Also there are some disc like objects that look like a simon says light up game but without the colors; what are those?

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 11:55 PM
link   
I'm I supposed to be getting more from the original link? All I'm getting is a picture of some galaxy, and I can move a little to the right and left. I can also soon in a tiny bit.

I'm not computer savy, fill me in.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 12:17 AM
link   
cool but google earth does the same thing except in 3D

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 01:15 AM
link   
wow good topic with great pic i ijust love seeing space like that keepup the good work mate

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Oh man this is so great thank you for sharing! I bookmarked this right away, I foresee many a night where I shall whittle away the day just staring at a digital representation of our wondrous galaxy.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Cool Post. It's slides nice like an eternal eight. Notice the big hoe between both ends of the Milky Way, looks like nobody's got our back!

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Thank you for all your generousness in replying this thread

And all the other links that your all put in this thread are also great !

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Clairaudience
Thank you for bringing it to my attention, truly an amazing sight...

I always wondered why companies other than Google haven't done something similar, well I hope there are more people willing to put work into those starmaps, eventually we will have 3d versions in the not so far future.

they already did it a little bit.

you have google sky in google earth.

you also have some special options in the database where you can select X-ray and other wavelength spectrum within google earth.

about chromoscope,

i like the way they have put this together. only it's too slow at this moment.

it would be cool if they made some solution to compare parts of the galaxy easier and more convenient. right now you have to switch with the bar all the time. and the images doesn't seem to be cached or something.

anyway, good site! but already seen it

[edit on 7/12/2009 by digalog]

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 04:13 AM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

wow - that functions a lot better....thanks for the link.....

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 06:40 PM
link   
This is fantastic! ive been looking for something like this for ages, and it's a lot better than google's. X-Ray looks a little off to me...

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by 0bserver1

Great link. Thank you.

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Thats excellent. Thank you very much for sharing! S+F.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join