It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would you try to make money if you had some extraordinary piece of proof?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 03:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by liquidsmoke206
You guys can keep the money, I wouldn't know what to do with it anyways.

I've got that screencapped for when you find the smoking gun.

And by 'you guys' I'm counting only the people who posted so far.

I want my Six-odd percent. I'll hold you to that liquidsmoke...

Just wait until you find that smoking gun evidence, then you'll see.

[edit on 7-12-2009 by Exuberant1]

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 03:59 AM
link   
Money is already what drives the UFO industry...Roswell for example is money driven:

www.thefreelibrary.com...

In 1994, the Air Force had issued a report saying the ``spacecraft'' that supposedly crashed in the New Mexico desert was an Air Force balloon used in a top-secret program, Project Mogul, intended to monitor the atmosphere for evidence of Soviet nuclear tests.

End of story, the Air Force said. ``This is our final response to the Roswell nonsense,'' the Air Force said in 1994.

But that was before someone found further evidence lying on a coffee table in the White House near the first family's private quarters that would explain the cover-up rumors.

The report was turned over to the Air Force, which issued a new and improved final report saying that life-size dummies were used in high-altitude parachute drops from 1954 to 1959 as part of Air Force projects code-named High Dive and Excelsior.

People near Roswell obviously mistook the crash dummies for extraterrestrials.

STOP. Just hold everything.

The crash that drew everyone's suspicion was in 1947. But notice how the dummy drop didn't occur until 1954.

BINGO.

Obviously, by releasing dates that don't add up and don't begin to explain what really happened, the government is hoping to keep the conspiracy alive.

The Air Force has produced a smoking alien.

Why, you're asking, would the government release a report saying the case was closed if it really wanted the lid blown off the greatest conspiracy in the history of the world?

Because if the government told the truth, who would listen?

We're dealing with devious minds. This goes way beyond Washington. Granted, some of the finest minds working in Washington today are fiendishly clever and diabolical. But the General Accounting Office has proved time and again that people in government are inept at carrying through with clever ideas.

This conspiracy goes way beyond the D.C. beltway.

This goes straight to the top: Hollywood.

Only the players in Hollywood could devise ways to keep a colossal cash cow Cash Cow going into the next century, if not millennium, and actually pull it off. Interlocking webs of book deals, movie rights, speaking engagements. Convergence, synergy. Happiness and light. It's all beginning to make sense.

Anyway if I had footage I would upload it here for free, but I would charge for the movie rights, for TV broadcast rights, for interviews, etc. If I had proof in the form of an artifact, I doubt I'd sell it. In fact I can't think of a good way to go public with it where it won't be confiscated and "disappear".

[edit on 7-12-2009 by Arbitrageur]

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 04:55 AM
link   
To make money from undeniable evidence IMO is to allow the whole situation to be hidden away.

No matter what the discovery, be it the cure for Cancer, Free energy, Undeniable evidence of ET on Earth.

For anything that would benefit Mankind, I would release it everywhere I could, free, without exception, it doesn't matter if I have spent years and years looking, the discovery and the gain that would benefit the Human Race, would certainly be the only reward I could ever ask for.

And I would probably do it anonymously to begin with, at least until all the fus had died down, because without all the finger pointing, people could get on with the task at hand, and concentrate on getting the information to people who would make sure Mankind received the information, without interference from those who do not want it in the open.

If the evidence is put everywhere at the same time, then stopping it would be close to impossible, no matter who tried to knock it down, or ridicule it, and if I remained anonymous, then they have nobody to threaten, to make them say it was a hoax, when it wasn't, then when it's accepted, maybe then I would come out into the open.

I have always lived my life with minimal thought of profit, and there is nothing I need, sure there are things I would like, we all like things, about the only thing I ever dream of owning, is my own piece of land, I would love to have a few acres to do what I wanted with.

But I wouldn't sell out to get it.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 08:11 AM
link   
I have been laughed at and ridiculed for revealing to others my experiences and sightings over the years, so I couldn't live with myself if I tried to profit from some kind of extraordinary evidence. I would want every one to have access to it and not taint my credibility and integrity by financial gain.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Chances are, if you had any, say, substantial film footage, it would have to be in a populated area so that the event could be corroborated and/or filmed by other witnesses, thus ruling out CGI/Hoaxing.

The idea of charging money for such footage would send up red flags in the ATS community instantly, and IMO, for a good reason. Such a truth should be available to humanity for free. No exceptions.

Now, in the case of a book, I could see charging $ because of the cost to make the books. That's only fair. Plus you may need funds to cover the cost of living on the run from the NSA for a while.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 06:33 PM
link   
I would give the information away for free;
Then if people want me to do interviews or a talk show appearance I would charge some money;
I'll probably write a book about it; and make a documentary;
The digital copies would be given away for free online and people would have to pay for the hardcopy of the book and dvds

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Shino

This is a though question to answer in my opinion. The world economy is poor right now, so many people would be tempted to make some money if they found some irrefutable evidence of extraterrestrial life. You can't judge someone for wanting that when the world is as it is today.

On the other hand, if you sold the evidence to the highest bidder, who do you think would be that highest bidder? The government of course, and they would just cover it up. It's the question of personal wealth vs the good of mankind, and I think few are altruistic enough to choose the latter if being offered an astronomical sum of money. :/

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Would you try to make money if you had some extraordinary piece of proof?

Personally, I've done hours upon hours of research as its something I enjoy learning about. I've done my best to share what I've gleaned through it. Sometimes, (often in fact), I find myself reversing my original opinion, based on what I find (I fully expected Mogul to pan out for Roswell, and man was I wrong)...but then I expected Mantell was shot down by a UFO, and it looks like he was chasing a Skyhook balloon....

Anything I've researched is here on this site for free, no book for me,

If you have some real unique piece of proof, any attempt to profit from it almost immediately attacks its validity.....

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Of course I would, if I had something truly undeniable and spectacular. For all the morally upright, do you think that if you just stick it out there that others including MSM wont make money off it? Capitalism is still the rule of the day till the NWO is done and I use it as much as anyone if it will help me and my loved ones. No Shame

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 05:45 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join