It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Big Bend, Texas 1962 Clay Tablet Find

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 08:50 AM
link   
I'm in the process of reading David Hatcher Childress' latest fascinating book "Lost Cities and Ancient Mysteries of the Southwest".

He recounts a hiking family's find in 1962 of a number of ancient inscribed clay tablets in a Big Bend, Texas cavern. A member of the family had the presence of mind to photograph the tablets before handing them over to authorities. This enabled an eventual deciphering of the text, which was remarkably discovered to be written in a form of Libyan alphabetic text.

I searched the Internet for more information about this, and the following link will take you to a better description of the details of this find than I can provide:

patrickmead.net

There is such a preponderance of evidence of ancient non-native presence in the Americas, that it baffles me that mainstream historians don't seem to want to publicly acknowledge the fact. What a shame if this is simply some manifestation of academic arrogance on the part of historians.

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by GoneGrey

"Somehow, sometime long, long ago, someone who wrote and thought like a Zoroastrian sailor/priest wrote on tablets made of clay and laid those prayers in a cave in the Big Bend region. Who and when and why will never be known"

That is unbelievably cool.
And I am equally baffled at the lack of interest that modern academia tends to have toward a non-native presence in the Americas.
They won't touch the megaliths of the world either.
Too expensive and time consuming to rewrite and print all the books?
Scared of being ridiculed by their contemporaries?

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by GoneGrey

Thanks for the article and information on Childress book, I am familiar with his work and have heard a few interviews by him. Certainly agree that mainstream archeology ignores the findings in America for the most part.

new topics

join