It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Am I an empath? How extensive are my abilities?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by oconnection

i could say that i will be a perfectly selfless person, but i am a realist. I know that if i dont take care of myself first no one will. And no, i will not take advantage of people mostly because i dont really have that ability. Manipulate yes, use not so much.

and I agree infared man, i am a narcissist. I like making sure i look good. I like myself and i am secure with the way i have lived my life up to this point. But hell "it ain't tricken if you got it." You will be hearing of me one day. You may not now that its me but its me. As for Figjam, no idea who that is so...

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by guidanceofthe third kind

I don't think you're a narcissist- you've shown great love and support for your fellow man here and defended your values with little fear or thought of rejection or self. On this thread you've been the best defender of our brother and I applaud your efforts.
A narcisissist would not have even bothered.
Keep up the fight.

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by guidanceofthe third kind
reply to post by oconnection

i could say that i will be a perfectly selfless person, but i am a realist. I know that if i dont take care of myself first no one will. And no, i will not take advantage of people mostly because i dont really have that ability. Manipulate yes, use not so much.

In a way this is true - - and it took me 63 years to learn it.

You are "here" for yourself - to better yourself - to evolve yourself - to reach a higher level of understanding for yourself.

Being the best you can be - - allows you to reach out to others to bring them UP to a higher level. If you remain at a low level to give selflessly - - - you are not really helping anyone understand how to evolve.

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by mjtwelve

As has been stated by several here already, empathy is NOT a special power, and it's a human trait that is more common than most think. It isn't something you go around talking about because so many confuse it with ESP, which really weirds them out.

Also...empathy has been around a LOT longer than Star Trek...LOL

xnet.kp.org...

What is Empathy?

The origin of the word empathy dates back to the 1880s, when German psychologist Theodore Lipps coined the term "einfuhlung" (literally, "in-feeling") to describe the emotional appreciation of another's feelings. Empathy has further been described as the process of understanding a person's subjective experience by vicariously sharing that experience while maintaining an observant stance.9 Empathy is a balanced curiosity leading to a deeper understanding of another human being; stated another way, empathy is the capacity to understand another person's experience from within that person's frame of reference.10

Even more simply stated, empathy is the ability to "put oneself in another's shoes." In an essay entitled "Some Thoughts on Empathy," Columbia University psychiatrist Alberta Szalita stated, "I view empathy as one of the important mechanisms through which we bridge the gap between experience and thought." A few sentences earlier in her essay, she had emphasized that ... "[empathy is] consideration of another person's feelings and readiness to respond to his [or her] needs ... without making his [or her] burden one's own."

Edited to add: The word may have originated in the 1800s but the trait has been with man from his beginnings.

[edit on 6-12-2009 by SheaWolf]

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by specialkdt
To anyone reading this thinking that what the OP was trying to do is make themselves seem "better" than you, then your wrong. I have not once in my life felt better than anyone. In fact I have felt quite the contrary but I have nothing but love and genuine concern in my heart for mankind.

QUESTION: if you are on a higher level of consciousness - - why would you not have a feeling of superiority?

Logically it makes no sense for you to put yourself down so you can be equal with those of a less aware consciousness.

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by SheaWolf

empathy is about understanding.
what is being discussed here is what Mulder called in his thread super-empathy. it's closer to telepathy in my opinion, and it's about feeling - exactly about feeling, not about 'thinking what someone else feels'. empathy can be fooled by someone acting like he feels something else, this thing cannot be - simply because it works regardless of the distance and regardless if one has a clue what's the reason behind what one feels or not - asking someone via the internet 'why are you crying?' without having any clue to ask such question, other than feeling that that person cries at this moment, is a perfect example.
many people feeling it are calling it empathy, because of a lack of a better word to describe it - but it's actually much more than that.

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by R0BCROW75

thank you for those words and Annee as well. I tend to just go along with people to learn what they really think so i know how to approach the situation in the future. Par for the course, i complied with his perception of me but a narcissist would not because being called one is a negative slant on their perception of self. so i proved him wrong by agreeing with him

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

ability to feel more, to love more - comes through feeling greater pain than others. we're on a constant journey, and it's not exactly filled with flowers - quite the contrary, one has to be pretty strong to go through it - and since it's a rather bumpy ride, one may sometimes literally feel like sh.. - that's the price. also, talking about superiority is rather pointless, since we are One - so noone is superior. one may understand more, feel more, one may love every human being and try to be as helpfull as possible instead of being a prime minister or other serial killer, but at the end of the day... we are One. one may expect to be treated according to his actions, one will get from the others what he gives, but those are just actions based on free will. free will allows us to be good or bad, 'better' or 'worse'. the truth is above such divides.

[edit on 6-12-2009 by jedi_hamster]

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 11:22 PM
link   

reply to post by R0BCROW75

thank you for those words and Annee as well.

There is narcissism and then there is dysfunctional narcissism.

If you are truly superior to someone - then you are. Pretty simple.

Healthy narcissism is not a bad thing.

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by jedi_hamster
reply to post by Annee

ability to feel more, to love more - comes through feeling greater pain than others. we're on a constant journey, and it's not exactly filled with flowers - quite the contrary, one has to be pretty strong to go through it - and since it's a rather bumpy ride, one may sometimes literally feel like sh..

We are not going to agree on this. I have had a bumpy ride - but I do not agree all of a higher level of consciousness do.

I am definitely not of the "sin and suffering" philosophy.

Yes - I do believe we are all ONE with the Creator. But I do not believe we were all created at the same time - or that our energies are of the same level of experience/consiousness.

Superior is just a word - - which can be seen from many angles. Say energies have levels - - such as a tall buiding. The more evolved energies are in the penthouse. You could use the term "higher level" - "more advanced" - or "Superior". They would all mean the same thing.

If you are of a higher consciousness - - - then you should understand not to treat those of a lower consciousness in a Superior manner - - - even if logically you are.

[spelling edit]

[edit on 6-12-2009 by Annee]

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

QUESTION: if you are on a higher level of consciousness - - why would you not have a feeling of superiority?

Logically it makes no sense for you to put yourself down so you can be equal with those of a less aware consciousness.
We aren't special...we aren't enlightened or on a higher level of consciousness...any person can learn to play baseball...some people are even naturally gifted at certain sports or activities...it's the same thing...all people are capable of having the abilities of an "empath"...and some people are naturally gifted from childhood...most humans just ignore these higher aspects of them selves...they are taught day after day that such nonsense doesn't exist and is the result of delusional minds. This is the ultimate goal of TPTB...to change us into materialistic creatures only valuing the physical. There is a lot about this universe and reality that we have yet to understand...the human mind is an extremely complex thing...and capable of marvelous wonders...

Lets turn this argument around...people are quick to claim we are just delusional crack-pots with a "I'm special" mentality...lets assume for a second that some people actually do have these abilities...you provide no substantial argument, except "you just want to feel special", you even get all angry because people seem to think they are better than you...when they never even said such a thing...merely something is happening to them which doesn't seem normal...if it were any other fringe topic people are quick to say "Jeez...open you mind man...explore the possibilities"...well I can only conclude that people feel threatened or like they are worth less because "greater" people exist...when they never said such a thing...you just think they are greater and are probably jealous they have something you don't...and little do you realize you could have what they have if you weren't so arrogant and quick to judge.

To conclude, I believe the "abilities" of an empath are perfectly explainable through science...it's now seen that the universe is merely an interconnected web of energy with our beings intricately entwined within this reality...I postulate that the flow of pure/ethereal energy between these connections which bind us all hold the answer to the "abilities" of an empath...as well as a lot of other "psychic abilities" yet to be explained by science.

EDIT:

Superior is just a word - - which can be seen from many angles.
Exactly...it's all perspective...even if people did have abilities which no one else could acquire...would that really make them better? We only want something because we don't have it...it's all perspective in the end...

[edit on 6/12/09 by CHA0S]

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

it's not about 'sin and suffering'.
one won't learn to perceive the full contrast of the beauty of life without experiencing both ends of the scale.

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by CHA0S
We aren't special...we aren't enlightened or on a higher level of consciousness...any person can learn to play baseball...some people are even naturally gifted at certain sports or activities...it's the same thing...all people are capable of having the abilities of an "empath"...

We are not going to agree as I believe there are many levels of energy consciousness.

Kind of like stacking cubes.

[fix quote edit]

[edit on 6-12-2009 by Annee]

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 11:44 PM
link   

and I agree infared man, i am a narcissist. I like making sure i look good. I like myself and i am secure with the way i have lived my life up to this point. But hell "it ain't tricken if you got it." You will be hearing of me one day. You may not now that its me but its me. As for Figjam, no idea who that is so...

Well be sincere and honest... tell us your name and what you will famous or renowned for... otherwise your just blowing hot air with outrageous and somewhat cryptic claims.

And if you have truly "got it", you don't need to tell anyone right.. because it will be so obvious to the laymen that they can't help but notice.... yes? If you need to tell people... you ain't got nothin'.

FIGJAM is not a person, it is a humorous saying here in Oz.

"F*** I'm Good... Just Ask Me"

IRM
:shk:

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

We are not going to agree as I believe there are many levels of energy consciousness.

Yes...it is like stacking cubes...cubes of understanding and knowledge...just as I said...a person has to learn baseball before they can play...call it what you will...energy levels or whatever...we can all advance and unlock aspects of our selves we didn't even know existed...

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by jedi_hamster

it's not about 'sin and suffering'.
one won't learn to perceive the full contrast of the beauty of life without experiencing both ends of the scale.

That's a bit too eloquent for me.

Energies could have had negative experiences in a different dimension or other world.

And again -- as I believe in levels of energies (like stacking cubes) - - - some energies may have chosen to only experience positive as Earth humans.

So yes I defintely believe there are energy consciousnesses here - - - who are of higher levels.

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by CHA0S
reply to post by Annee

Yes...it is like stacking cubes...cubes of understanding and knowledge...just as I said...a person has to learn baseball before they can play...call it what you will...energy levels or whatever...we can all advance and unlock aspects of our selves we didn't even know existed...

Well of course. Isn't that the point - to learn?

I just don't believe all energies are equal in levels of consciousness or experience.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by InfaRedMan

yea like im gonna be wonton to just throw my name out there. As for blowing hot air, all i'm gonna leave you with is this; i am going to be somebody in a few decades. Count on it. I love being cryptic. And part of the drive to be so cryptic and working to be great is people like you who tell me i cant. Negative energy works both ways and you can be sure i will use yours to get me to the top.

Have fun knowing you helped out.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Annee

you are right. One thing i have constantly said while talking to you in several of the threads is that being able to reach the void is not something easily done. I am sure i took about 3 different stages to do it. Fully awakened 3rd eye, full connection to higher self, and opening that gate.

Note though that those steps have intermediate steps of energy change and also are concurrent not serial.

By the way, this is aimed at the thread at large, not just you Annee. I am sure you have realized all of what i said years before i was even born

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by mossme89

If you want to remember your dreams more clearly, you have to go to bed early enough to wake up on your own. If you wake up before your body is ready, your recollection will not be as clear. For instance, when your alarm clock goes off and your mind is immediately occupied with the new day, you'll forget them almost immediately. You have to fall in and out of consciousness a little when waking up and try to continue or finish them if you want them to "stick" in your conscious memory.

[edit on 7-12-2009 by 2compelled]

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join