It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Am I an empath? How extensive are my abilities?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 05:47 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by mjtwelve

I agree with you that there are impostors. But there are also many legits in my view. I am, of course, basing it on personal experience, but we all do such a thing. When I say in-tune, I mean that there is a web of interconnection amongst all things. It is neither good nor bad, but a connection. This connection can be worked with in a way that makes things better for everybody, or it can be worked for selfish reasons, which puts people on a downward spiral. Does that clear it up.

Trust me, I understand your skepticism. I am sure there are half-wits who come here seeking attention. I am also sure there a genuine people. There is more than meets the eye........

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 05:52 PM
link   

you are right. i did create my reality. I have a great many friends and may more acquaintances, I love where i have gotten so far in life, for the most part. Some mistakes i have made have knocked me off balance but i have righted myself and i keep truckin'. Such is life. So i guess what i am saying is dont project your disappointments on me because it gets you nowhere while i keep moving forward.

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 05:54 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by CHA0S

Your abilities will only extend as far as your delusional mind will allow them to .
You sir have absolutely no idea.

To the OP,

Many people here will tell you there are mundane explanations for all the things you talked about, they may even call you "delusional"...but let me tell you now...they just don't understand and have never experience life as you have. I can understand what you have tried to explain here because 99% of what you said resonated with me on a deep level...I experience similar things on a daily basis...I need lots of sleep...often get headaches after a long day surrounded by lots of people...I feel as though I can understand animals and they understand me...I know exactly how a person is feeling and what thoughts are running through their head...and I often feel very overwhelmed when at social events especially if negative people are around me...the feeling I get at such social events is unexplainable...and it has nothing to do with being shy or something like that...it's like my soul is gasping for some space, but I can usually stand it. I suspect I've taken advantage of my abilities more than you have...although I have lost a lot of friends lately, I've always had a decent social life...and I know my ability to understand my friends on a deeper level has helped my relationships greatly.

So just ignore those people who try to say you just have that "I'm special" mentality...because we both know it has nothing to do with that...and they can insinuate that your living in a fantasy world...but they know nothing...and any person on ATS who can outright state this guy is delusion need not be on ATS...you may as well state every person who has seen a UFO is crazy because they obviously don't exist based on current knowledge do they? I've known from a fairly young age I was different from most people...and over time I kept noticing all these things about myself which just didn't seem "normal"...now I am not claiming I'm "special" in anyway...just that I'm different from the bulk of people for multiple reasons....well I'm certiantly not the same.

Then you too are delusional . wake up .
Do you not think that the average guy doesn't wake up every single day and wishes that he was blessed with some kind of supernatural power to make his lot just that little bit easier ?
You are what you are . Get over it . There is no pot of gold at the end of the rainbow . You may Fool yourselves into believing that you have a higher purpose , but in reality , tomorrow will be the same as today .

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by guidanceofthe third kind

also please dont mention Gaga, that chick freaks me out in ways the darkness never will be able to.

Hehehe . Me too , my friend

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 06:01 PM
link   
i propose a truss then because she is enough to unite entire nations for safety.

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Hi there,

You sound like a very kind, intuitive and sensitive young person.

I got a little concerned though reading about your headaches. It may be absolutely nothing but stress but I feel I would be remiss if I did not suggest that you speak to your parents or a trusted adult and get yourself a doctor's appointment. There is medication available for stress headaches, no need to suffer needlessly, if in fact that's what is causing your pain. I hope you see a doc.

Other posters are right when then say you should limit the amount of time you let people use you for therapy. You don't need to carry everyone else's issues around unless and until you have dealt with your own and you feel you have energy to spare on others.

U have an obligation to take care of you, first and foremost. You can't help anyone else if you get rundown yourself. And the world needs more people like you.

peace

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by doped00
Let me say this once: If what someone else says, especially on the internet in a conspiracy forum, it's not even to your face for crying out loud, but if you don't like or agree or believe what someone else says, MOVE ON. He was not attacking anybody!!

Personally I think their are people who are more empathetic than others. Believe me, I'm around 16, 17, and 18 year olds all the time and he is far mature for his age. I won't say most, but a lot of people this age and any age for that matter are selfish, greedy, and right out mean.

He OP did not attack anybody in anyway and even said over and over again he wasn't making himself out to be "special". All you people that had something negative to say, do us all a favor and take it somewhere else. It's uncalled for, it's immature, and it's what we need to get rid of in this world.

Again, I will say this one more time and one more time only. It is in our right and our duty to question this thread! So what, we're just supposed to move along because it doesn't concern us or we don't believe? It was posted on a public website which means it is up for debate. And what exactly makes this poster so mature and special? Let's see, let's break down the post:
Am I an empath? How extensive are my abilities?

"At 16, even since i was 3 or 4, I've always felt "different" than my peers. As a result I have struggled socially. I have had constant ups and downs. One thing that makes me different is that I have had a strong passion for the supernatural, even at a young age."

-How much of this is him telling himself that he's different and how much is it that he really is different? Passion for the supernatural, umm isn't that why we're all here?

"I also can tell people's deep inner emotions even if they try to hide it. I can also tell when someone is lying or not telling the whole truth."

- How does he know what their inner feelings are? Does he think about it then go up to them and ask? How could he prove it? And I think we can ALL tell when someone is lying or not. Or most of us atleast.

" I stay away from social situations because they make my moods erratic and my head "buzz"."

- Maybe he's just got a phobia of being in public situations.

"I have a hard time getting to sleep at night and usually try to meditate beforehand. I have sleep apnea also, with many lucid dreams, and often get 9-10 hours of sleep just to feel well rested.

- As do I, you're not alone in this and I don't attribute it to me being special.

"Recently a kid died in a car crash at school. I didn't know him, but all the sad emotions caused me to become very depressed over almost anything."

- Is this the big "mature" comment everyone is talking about? Sounds normal to me. People die we become sad, it's life. There needs to be no connection to feel that sadness.

I think I might be an empath. It certainly makes sense. I mean, I always have people tell me I'm kind and compassionate I am.

- So do I and I attribute that to a product of my raising not me being special!

"The hardest part is with negative adults. In society, adults are almost always more "powerful" politically than kids. In other words, kids and teens are powerless against adults."

- Yes, I think we all know that. Adults rule society.

"Also, I find either people think I'm the sweetest guy ever, or absolutley hate me"

- So which one is it, do they love you or do they hate you?

"Ex.If I say "I have to go", she looks at me disappointed but submissevly and let's me get up and leave. Dogs I don't even know often try to run up to me from their leashes or yard. Not in an angry way, but an excited way. "

- That's just a dog's way. They begin understanding their owners visual and non visual cues from an early age. And dogs always run up to people to play, they're friendly animals...

Nothing showing a great amount of maturity. Where are you people getting this from?

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Then you too are delusional . wake up .
Oh how nice of you.

Do you not think that the average guy doesn't wake up every single day and wishes that he was blessed with some kind of supernatural power to make his lot just that little bit easier ?
I never said they don't...in fact I presume most people do wish they had supernatural powers of some sort....but to tell you the truth...I would prefer I didn't have the "abilities" I have...it can make life extremely hard at points...it's like all of us here at ATS...we are slightly different from the bulk of people because we enjoy all these wacky conspiracy theories that challenge our perception of reality...and for a lot of us ATS is the only place we can properly fit in and have meaningful discussions about such fringe topics. Most people just enjoy talking about the latest gossip and the footy game...I know for a fact a lot of us here on ATS have problems fitting in with our society for these reasons. Us "empaths" are even less in numbers...now can you imagine how hard that makes it for us to try to fit in?

You are what you are . Get over it . There is no pot of gold at the end of the rainbow . You may Fool yourselves into believing that you have a higher purpose
Yes...I am what I am...and I accept that...I don't try to make myself out as anything but what I am. I do NOT believe I have a higher purpose...that's just silly...I have no way of knowing such a thing...all I know is I'm different from the bulk of people and it can make life hard at points...but does have the rare advantage.

[edit on 6/12/09 by CHA0S]

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by CHA0S

Your abilities will only extend as far as your delusional mind will allow them to .
You sir have absolutely no idea.

To the OP,

Many people here will tell you there are mundane explanations for all the things you talked about, they may even call you "delusional"...but let me tell you now...they just don't understand and have never experience life as you have. I can understand what you have tried to explain here because 99% of what you said resonated with me on a deep level...I experience similar things on a daily basis...I need lots of sleep...often get headaches after a long day surrounded by lots of people...I feel as though I can understand animals and they understand me...I know exactly how a person is feeling and what thoughts are running through their head...and I often feel very overwhelmed when at social events especially if negative people are around me...the feeling I get at such social events is unexplainable...and it has nothing to do with being shy or something like that...it's like my soul is gasping for some space, but I can usually stand it. I suspect I've taken advantage of my abilities more than you have...although I have lost a lot of friends lately, I've always had a decent social life...and I know my ability to understand my friends on a deeper level has helped my relationships greatly.

So just ignore those people who try to say you just have that "I'm special" mentality...because we both know it has nothing to do with that...and they can insinuate that your living in a fantasy world...but they know nothing...and any person on ATS who can outright state this guy is delusion need not be on ATS...you may as well state every person who has seen a UFO is crazy because they obviously don't exist based on current knowledge do they? I've known from a fairly young age I was different from most people...and over time I kept noticing all these things about myself which just didn't seem "normal"...now I am not claiming I'm "special" in anyway...just that I'm different from the bulk of people for multiple reasons....well I'm certiantly not the same.

I agree.

It is important to be confident.

Don't let fear take hold of you. While you have an amazing potential your potential is neutral. You have to make sure you don't end up being manipulated and used for negative purposes...

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by forgetthenwo

The first clue is that he types in complete sentences. But again, a subjective measure like maturity is up to the individual to decide. That is one of the few things that cannot be legitimately debated.

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Well, I certainly understand where your coming from in this. I was always spiritually sensitive, even as a young child. Emotionally intuitive...reading and feeling people's feelings. I was also very interested/attracted to the supernatural. As a Christian I caution your interest as it can lead you into the occult. I spent eight years as a witch, medium, and ghost hunter before admitting the spiritual deception behind it. People like you and I....spiritually sensitive or aware...are easy targets for deceptive spirits.

God has given you a gift of sensitivity to others....I would encourage you to explore the possibility of why, but not through the occult or New Age.

Many blessings,
Kristine
www.kristinemcguire.com

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by orwellianunenlightenment

You are absolutely right that people can post things here seeking accreditation and praise. However, because some do, it does not mean that all do. To me it is self-evident that some are more "in-tune" than others. The only question is who are these people. Naturally, only people who are more "in-tune" can discern such things. However, it is impossible for one to prove to another that one is "in-tune." They both would have to be in-tune to a certain degree. This causes much manipulation of the matter, as when people get a taste of something, they can get arrogant and blinded yet again. It is quite the web, and I can see that. It is quite the dilemma, but history has a way of unfolding to resolve dilemmas. You are absolutely right to not jump in and trust such claims. I would advise, however, that you keep an open mind and investigate. I am sure you are capable of holding two ideas at once. As such, you have nothing to fear, and you can discard anything that does not fit to you. Cheers.

You're right and I do keep an open mind but I just think coming onto a conspiracy website claiming to have abilities different from others just isn't right. Why can't he do it on a different medium or different site where he can get more of a mainstream response to his claim? Because this website caters to people who believe in such claims without any proof! Because it is easier to pull off on here than it would be on a website with a much more mainstream audience.

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by mossme89

I have never heard of that term "empath" other than empathy but you just discribed me. I have all the same things happen to me, also, in a nut shell..this is real. I was taking a college course in philosophy and I was stating the topics before the nexts weeks class, I would state exactly what was in the next weeks readings. In the 4th week, I got a coment back from my teacher on a paper I turned in for her assignment that stated, rudely, "that to know what I stated I would have to be phyic". I can see motives, and its all i see, I have had this for several years and to tune your ability's keep workng with God on it, they will increase, they are spirital and they help others, to heal. I call it Humility myself. It is clarity, and its a gift. Thanks for sharing that
p.s. I have the same problem with people absolutly hating me or they absolutly love me. I have talked about that for years. I could never figure it out either?

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 06:20 PM
link   
I'm about to check out for the night. I just wanted to thank all (well, 95%) of you for your helpful posts. This gives me a lot to ponder about... When I posted this thread, I didn't expect to get more then 10 replies total. In NO WAY did I think that less than 12 hours after I posted this, it would be 6 pages long! You guys are amazing!

Again, I'm not trying to say I'm special. All I'm looking for is YOUR opinion on what I have posted. PLEASE respect other user's opinion. I understand the skepticism, and respect that, but don't cut down on others who think differently. How do you think wars are started? And I am NOT saying I'm supernatural, or anything, I'm just telling you what has been going on with me.

Please be nice and respectful. And try to keep an open mind, please. Consider the WHOLE situation, not just what you know, or think as fact. Isn't that what ATS is here for?

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 06:21 PM
link   

mainstream is not the place for this discussion. Although i wish it was, starting a thread there would garner a much harsher response, one that would makes some here feel that their responses did not reflect to true vitriol toward the topic

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Ok. Let's say a man/woman is on the corner of the street selling style of shoe that you hate. Do you a) keep walking or b) Go up to him/her and be like "dude you suck, no one is gonna by that shoe, get a life, kick over the shoe stand and run off laughing".

Sorry but you chose option b. Your putting someone down when he never said he was above you in the first place. Just look at the thread and if it isn't attacking you and you don't believe in it just move on and mind your own business. One of my room mates and myself seem to agree on the notion, "Just worry about yourself, if it doesn't concern you then don't MAKE it concern you."

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by CHA0S

CHAOS . your response was mature and informative .

Cheers dude

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by doped00

Ok. Let's say a man/woman is on the corner of the street selling style of shoe that you hate. Do you a) keep walking or b) Go up to him/her and be like "dude you suck, no one is gonna by that shoe, get a life, kick over the shoe stand and run off laughing".

Sorry but you chose option b. Your putting someone down when he never said he was above you in the first place. Just look at the thread and if it isn't attacking you and you don't believe in it just move on and mind your own business. One of my room mates and myself seem to agree on the notion, "Just worry about yourself, if it doesn't concern you then don't MAKE it concern you."

Sorry but terrible analogy you have there. You seem to miss the whole point of this website then. This website is nothing but a serious of threads am I correct? What do you do in threads, well you participate in discussion correct? Well, if I'm on the right track here, discussions have opposers as well as sympathizers right? So what gives me any less of a right to post in this discussion because I don't believe in it? Sounds to me more like you're just trying to silence the opposing view. Something we all know a number of people for doing and we don't appreciate it very much. Climategate etc...

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join