It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Am I an empath? How extensive are my abilities?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by mossme89
[ quote]
Guys, guys, it's ok. When I originally posted this thread, I expected the criticism and the rude remarks from those trolls. I'm not saying I'm one-of-a-kind or anything. I'm also not saying I'm supernatural superman. I'm just saying I don't fit in with society's norm with being very mature for my age and extremely sensitive to emotions. I thought this forum would be a good place to connect with those who can relate.

Flame on...

[edit on 6-12-2009 by mossme89]

So now we're trolls because we question your dribble? Ya, very mature for your age.

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by forgetthenwo

next you will suggest digg, one of the biggest fads to ever hit the net. For the time being, i will continue to post here precisely because this site does not have credibility. For that is the reason why some of us are still alive. If we had the credibility of say Huffington Post or the New Republic, i can assure you that there would not be that many of us left.

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by mjtwelve

I called myself a twelve year old kid. If you don't buy into this stuff then fine that's your right. Your ridiculing people is of little consequence as we can just ignore you but I have to wonder why and what satisfaction you get from it. Your answer will reveal everything.

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by guidanceofthe third kind

I think you are right. Quite frankly, I think everybody is an empath, but there is an AT (absolute terror) field we put up that blocks it. Naturally the less judgmental someone is (especially a male), then the more empathic they get. A less judgmental woman is also more empathetic, having a truly holistic view that takes into account and sees the interconnection of everything.

And actually, regarding women, I think they are more intuitive becuase they are taught that the fundamental difference between men and women is that women are integrative, and men are disintegrative. Men are taught the same thing, and as such, only the "worthy" male develops intuition and empathy, just as only the "worthy" female can develop disintegrative logic. People naturally develop the skills of the other side when they are less judgmental and more loving. It is no wonder why women fear men's command as they have been negatively reinforced in regards to logic.

Nowadays, women are encouraged to develop both, while the empathetic male is still held back in society (although this is changing rapidly). Women still lash out all kinds of misandry on their boys, and almost nobody addresses this. Fathers have pretty much told their daughters they can be anything, while mothers unwittingly (or wittingly) encourage their boys to block intuition, merely relying on good old mom for it. They then cut the cord at a certain age, and men desperately lunge for a woman's emotional support. Just as many fathers stopped sabotaging their daughters, more and more mothers need to stop sabotaging their sons. Many aren't even aware of what they are doing, it is so automatic.

Logic and emotion exist hand-in-hand. When people think otherwise, society becomes pathological.

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 05:29 PM
link   
You sound to me like a completely normal human being. Feeling bad for a kid that dies is not extraordinary, it's what you are supposed to feel, that's what separates us from animals and rocks.

Everybody wants to feel special, and everybody is, but you shouldn't need to think you are an oddity in order to be happy with who you are.

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by R0BCROW75

I called myself a twelve year old kid. If you don't buy into this stuff then fine that's your right. Your ridiculing people is of little consequence as we can just ignore you but I have to wonder why and what satisfaction you get from it. Your answer will reveal everything.

I think that people who believe in this kind of crap lead such mundain lives that they invent a scenario where they have special powers just to give them a reason to go on .

Bring it on !!!

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 05:31 PM
link   

How is this ruining the credibility of ATS? He is not claiming to be an alien or a vampire or a diety. He's sharing his experiences. If the fact that these experiences are being interpreted in a metaphysical way offends anyone then they should just move on.
ATS has a number of forums for different topics and not all of the topics are about ETS or the NWO. Members should be allowed to freely share things about themselves and their lives with other members here provided that they don't spread hatred and negativity. For God's sake he's a kid and has done a brave thing by opening up in spite of the flaming and hating. Not all kids would do that. That alone earns my respect and should very well earn the respect of any moral and upright person.
But I wonder.. Why the instant attack? I see you just registered today. Did his post really infuriate you that much ? Or does that just prove my point about people automatically attacking empaths based on a subconscious protective reflex?

First of all, it ruins the credibility completely. An outsider of this community comes on to the website, sees this thread and others like it, what are they going to think? How will anyone take anything on here seriously? Ok, so you applaud him for "coming out", that takes a very mature person yada yada yada. Um, ok so I don't buy his story and it's nothing personal against him, I just don't buy any story like this that's posted onto a conspiracy website, i mean common people! So because I'm questioning his credibility I'm not an upright and moral person? I'm sorry that makes no sense. I don't think it takes any amount of maturity to "come out" like he did. Anyone can come out and say anything in this community as has been proven over and over. And to answer your question about why I just joined today, it's for the simple reason that ATS does not allow to me log on despite me typing in the right password and username. When I request a password, it never gets sent to my email. I'm sure I'm not the only one with this problem. So if I want to participate in discussion I have to create a new account every single time. haha so quick to create this big alternate scenario to why I just joined yet such a simple reason why.

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 05:33 PM
link   

relativity causes much damage to your argument. If mundane to you is a fun loving college boy at the top of his game then by all means call it mundane. As to creating the fantasy, that only goes as far as one can to make it a reality. If one is willing to put in the time, it will become a reality (within reason of course).

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by forgetthenwo

How is this ruining the credibility of ATS? He is not claiming to be an alien or a vampire or a diety. He's sharing his experiences. If the fact that these experiences are being interpreted in a metaphysical way offends anyone then they should just move on.
ATS has a number of forums for different topics and not all of the topics are about ETS or the NWO. Members should be allowed to freely share things about themselves and their lives with other members here provided that they don't spread hatred and negativity. For God's sake he's a kid and has done a brave thing by opening up in spite of the flaming and hating. Not all kids would do that. That alone earns my respect and should very well earn the respect of any moral and upright person.
But I wonder.. Why the instant attack? I see you just registered today. Did his post really infuriate you that much ? Or does that just prove my point about people automatically attacking empaths based on a subconscious protective reflex?

First of all, it ruins the credibility completely. An outsider of this community comes on to the website, sees this thread and others like it, what are they going to think? How will anyone take anything on here seriously? Ok, so you applaud him for "coming out", that takes a very mature person yada yada yada. Um, ok so I don't buy his story and it's nothing personal against him, I just don't buy any story like this that's posted onto a conspiracy website, i mean common people! So because I'm questioning his credibility I'm not an upright and moral person? I'm sorry that makes no sense. I don't think it takes any amount of maturity to "come out" like he did. Anyone can come out and say anything in this community as has been proven over and over. And to answer your question about why I just joined today, it's for the simple reason that ATS does not allow to me log on despite me typing in the right password and username. When I request a password, it never gets sent to my email. I'm sure I'm not the only one with this problem. So if I want to participate in discussion I have to create a new account every single time. haha so quick to create this big alternate scenario to why I just joined yet such a simple reason why.

Brilliant reply .

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by guidanceofthe third kind

next you will suggest digg, one of the biggest fads to ever hit the net. For the time being, i will continue to post here precisely because this site does not have credibility. For that is the reason why some of us are still alive. If we had the credibility of say Huffington Post or the New Republic, i can assure you that there would not be that many of us left.

Fad or not, you cannot deny that there is a considerably larger group of people visiting those websites. Websites that aren't so overly concerned with conspiracy theories. Next time try and come up with a better argument. You seemed to miss the whole point of my post. It's understandable, sometimes people don't understand what I mean by something when I'm saying it. I'm trying to develop my abilities to better help humanity.

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by guidanceofthe third kind

relativity causes much damage to your argument. If mundane to you is a fun loving college boy at the top of his game then by all means call it mundane. As to creating the fantasy, that only goes as far as one can to make it a reality. If one is willing to put in the time, it will become a reality (within reason of course).

You are making an assumtion based on the testimony of the OP . Shut the F*ck up .

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 05:38 PM
link   

You are absolutely right that people can post things here seeking accreditation and praise. However, because some do, it does not mean that all do. To me it is self-evident that some are more "in-tune" than others. The only question is who are these people. Naturally, only people who are more "in-tune" can discern such things. However, it is impossible for one to prove to another that one is "in-tune." They both would have to be in-tune to a certain degree. This causes much manipulation of the matter, as when people get a taste of something, they can get arrogant and blinded yet again. It is quite the web, and I can see that. It is quite the dilemma, but history has a way of unfolding to resolve dilemmas. You are absolutely right to not jump in and trust such claims. I would advise, however, that you keep an open mind and investigate. I am sure you are capable of holding two ideas at once. As such, you have nothing to fear, and you can discard anything that does not fit to you. Cheers.

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 05:41 PM
link   

I imagine it is based on personal experience. Or maybe not. But I have experienced parallel things, and as such, I will not judge the poster regarding his honesty. Please, do not be like you might imagine a bitch to be, so quick to dismiss. He will not rape your mind. Your mind is yours alone. You might want to play with it every now and then. I am not saying you don't already. I am just saying....

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by orwellianunenlightenment

You are absolutely right that people can post things here seeking accreditation and praise. However, because some do, it does not mean that all do. To me it is self-evident that some are more "in-tune" than others. The only question is who are these people. Naturally, only people who are more "in-tune" can discern such things. However, it is impossible for one to prove to another that one is "in-tune." They both would have to be in-tune to a certain degree. This causes much manipulation of the matter, as when people get a taste of something, they can get arrogant and blinded yet again. It is quite the web, and I can see that. It is quite the dilemma, but history has a way of unfolding to resolve dilemmas. You are absolutely right to not jump in and trust such claims. I would advise, however, that you keep an open mind and investigate. I am sure you are capable of holding two ideas at once. As such, you have nothing to fear, and you can discard anything that does not fit to you. Cheers.

WTF are these people in tune with ? They are in tune with " I can't face my dull existance , so I will invent a reality that suits my need " end of .

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 05:43 PM
link   

what assumption is that, and i will shut the f^ck up when i feel that i've convinced u that what i have said is true

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Guys, I'm NOT claiming ANYTHING. I'm asking for YOUR opinion on my expierences. I don't care if you "believe" my story or not, that's your opinion. But, really? What would I even gain by writing this on a conspiracy/supernatural forum, if it is made up? This is what the forum is for!!!

I don't want this thread to be closed. We were getting into some pretty good discussions. Please just be respectful. If you don't have anything COMSTRUCTIVE to say, don't post anything.

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Your abilities will only extend as far as your delusional mind will allow them to .
You sir have absolutely no idea.

To the OP,

Many people here will tell you there are mundane explanations for all the things you talked about, they may even call you "delusional"...but let me tell you now...they just don't understand and have never experience life as you have. I can understand what you have tried to explain here because 99% of what you said resonated with me on a deep level...I experience similar things on a daily basis...I need lots of sleep...often get headaches after a long day surrounded by lots of people...I feel as though I can understand animals and they understand me...I know exactly how a person is feeling and what thoughts are running through their head...and I often feel very overwhelmed when at social events especially if negative people are around me...the feeling I get at such social events is unexplainable...and it has nothing to do with being shy or something like that...it's like my soul is gasping for some space, but I can usually stand it. I suspect I've taken advantage of my abilities more than you have...although I have lost a lot of friends lately, I've always had a decent social life...and I know my ability to understand my friends on a deeper level has helped my relationships greatly.

So just ignore those people who try to say you just have that "I'm special" mentality...because we both know it has nothing to do with that...and they can insinuate that your living in a fantasy world...but they know nothing...and any person on ATS who can outright state this guy is delusion need not be on ATS...you may as well state every person who has seen a UFO is crazy because they obviously don't exist based on current knowledge do they? I've known from a fairly young age I was different from most people...and over time I kept noticing all these things about myself which just didn't seem "normal"...now I am not claiming I'm "special" in anyway...just that I'm different from the bulk of people for multiple reasons....well I'm certiantly not the same.

link   
No. NO NO NO NO NO NO. It is a trick. NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO. It can't be true. It is impossible. NO NO NO NO NO NO NO. AHHHHHHHHHHHH! How harrowing!

Things invalidating the current position of ego are hard to accept. I just ask people to keep an open mind on these things. Sure, don't accept all claims immediately. But at least weigh, with as little bias as possible, and with an acknowledgment of something "other," pieces of it all. You might be surprised where it leads you.

link   

Originally posted by mjtwelve

I think that people who believe in this kind of crap lead such mundain lives that they invent a scenario where they have special powers just to give them a reason to go on .

Bring it on !!!

haha so short yet so precise. Love it. I wonder why people get so up in arms about people such as ourselves that question people who make these claims. Yet when it's something they don't believe in, they automatically pull out the "this is a conspiracy website, I'm supposed to question" card. Calm down people. We are entitled to our opinion of how we don't believe this junk just as you are to yours of believing this junk. Part of the reason these forums are here is to have open debate and discussion. How are you gonna have that if you are always trying to shush opposing views? I welcome debate, no need to get all up in an uproar about defending someone you don't even know. Someone that YOU ALL cannot be certain about their credibility. Just like I don't know if he's really telling the truth. Maybe you should think about that thought first before jumping to defend so quickly. So until then I'll keep questioning anything and everything that comes in front of me. Or else wouldn't I be just another one of the dreaded sheeple you all seem to hate?

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Wow. I just read through everything and I see it's now turning into an argument/name calling scenario.

Let me say this once: If what someone else says, especially on the internet in a conspiracy forum, it's not even to your face for crying out loud, but if you don't like or agree or believe what someone else says, MOVE ON. He was not attacking anybody!!

Personally I think their are people who are more empathetic than others. Believe me, I'm around 16, 17, and 18 year olds all the time and he is far mature for his age. I won't say most, but a lot of people this age and any age for that matter are selfish, greedy, and right out mean.

He OP did not attack anybody in anyway and even said over and over again he wasn't making himself out to be "special". All you people that had something negative to say, do us all a favor and take it somewhere else. It's uncalled for, it's immature, and it's what we need to get rid of in this world.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join