Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Am I an empath? How extensive are my abilities?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by dragonsmusic

Yes! Stars for you. You have given very valuable information here, particularly re: being taken advantage of. Admittedly, I am in an office being paid for what I do. But anytime I go outside, or have a few minutes between sessions, my co-workers are lined up to tell me their problems, and YES, I get TIRED of it.

I have literally started saying "I just have a few minutes before my next session, and I'd like to be alone a few minutes".

OR, if it gets too bad, which it does, I tell them to consider scheduling an appointment, or going to someone else. I know that sounds mean, and sometimes I feel guilty about it, but good lord, I'm human too, after all. I can't take on the world, and plus this is my livelihood, so it's really also trying to come in the back door for free advice. Sigh.

I don't pick up on other's emotions in crowds, or things of that nature, unless I try, or unless it's something really "screaming", which happens at times.

As you see, there are many people who think there is no such thing, or who presume it's attention seeking, or "wanting to be special". (There is such a thing as "magical thinking", and this does occur, particularly in young girls. But I'm not seeing evidence of that here.)

We know better. If you don't understand it, criticize it. Very irritating.

Good luck to you all.

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 04:11 PM
link   
another key thing to do is branch out. One starts with a certain set but it can be expanded through tending, meditation and practice. Empath abilities are actually my second best atm. Energy transference is my best. I use it to heal but there are ways to make it offense as well.With a good place to meditate, everything becomes rather clear and ethereal allowing a better connection to the higher self.

The negative emotions are ones to be avoided. Especially from other people. your own negative emotions can manifest horrible things once a certain level of control/lack there of has been attained. Other people's negative emotions can lead to the same thing but with the backlash focused on them. At the same time, the negative emotions open up other abilities, ones i have personally not put into use. They are far too risky, on par with curses and vodoo seances.

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by guidanceofthe third kind

Yep you have to be pretty mature. But feeling can give you something, that most ignore.

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aoxoa
You area powerful being... My friends, the little green fluff elves told me so. Or was that lint? Never knew, but anyway if you use your big huge head you will be able to teleport into the world of warcraft where you belong. Ive a orc shaman who can help you get buffed with his totems.

Wow... that was totally uncalled for. Just how small is it anyway dude?

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 04:26 PM
link   
i am 40 years old and have had these abilities for my whole life, it gets easier as you get older, i can sense an entire room of people instantly without having to focus on an individual. one of the abilities i know that i have, but havent used, i do not feel i am ready yet, is to see spirits, literaly, i am happy for you, do you sometimes know what will happen just before it does?.

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by mossme89

Regarding The OP .

Your abilities will only extend as far as your delusional mind will allow them to .

My advice is , find a good shrink who will delve into your initial feelings of "feeling so special ". Your life is just as crap as the next guys , get over it , read a book or find a hobby . That will be $20,000 Dollars please .

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Your words are absolutely correct and although I am far from being the most positive force around I certainly understand that it's our energies that ultimately determine what becomes of our reality.
I'll bet most of the empaths here also suffer from an uncanny sense of synchronicity in their lives. We are bound whether by design, consent, or accident to larger forces in the Universe and what we say and do affects everything.

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Isn't it strange how people on conspiracy websites are always claiming to have these supernatural abilities?
sorry dude but I just can't take this seriously. I don't deny your post as in denying that you actually believe this is happening. Just denying that it's actually happening. Sounds like maybe you'd like to believe this stuff is going on but it really isn't. People always seem to be throwing compliments at you, you must be special.

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by InfaRedMan

I wouldn't be so quick to explain away all this guys statements. He doesn't sound like an average kid to me at all. I wonder why you are trying to invalidate this young man? First you say "we are all special" and then you tell him that he sounds normal. Well, no, we are not all the same, and there are some people who have unusual abilities or traits. This idea that "we're all just so special" sounds like some kind of psycho-babel intended to bolster one's self-esteem. The truth is, there are all kinds of people in this world who have unusual abilities that violate the norms. This kid's migraine headaches are certainly not normal, and his ultra-sensitivity to other people's emotions is also not "normal."

Please, this is ATS, where the unusual is to be explored, and if people want to invalidate this kid so quickly, without even asking more questions to see how he can be helped, that seems to violate the whole thrust of this site.

I'm not putting you down... I'm just suggesting that we all be more open-minded to things that may differ from what we have historically thought or believed, for that is how we learn and grow... I do believe.

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Angus123

Originally posted by Aoxoa
You area powerful being... My friends, the little green fluff elves told me so. Or was that lint? Never knew, but anyway if you use your big huge head you will be able to teleport into the world of warcraft where you belong. Ive a orc shaman who can help you get buffed with his totems.

Wow... that was totally uncalled for. Just how small is it anyway dude?

Wow... a sarcastic comment followed by a reference to the guy having a small penis. Very mature and so called for...? How old are you anyway dude, your picture screams 40's but your words say 15's.

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by forgetthenwo

I've stated before that there is nothing supernatural or paraphysical about being an empath. Many if not MOST people are empaths they just don't realize it. Often this leads to social alienation. If you can honestly say that human suffering doesn't at least disturb you then you are truly cold blooded and in the wrong forum.
Empathy is a human trait, not a power.

NOTE: ALL THESE PEOPLE SLAMMING THIS KID REGISTERED RECENTLY. MODS TAKE NOTE.

[edit on 6-12-2009 by R0BCROW75]

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 04:50 PM
link   
I just want to take one part of your extensive but interesting story. If I understood you can "feel people feelings", well...that's good my friend. When I talk to others, I can feel their reaction to whatever I said minutes later. It can be a usefull gift. The pain or pressure in your third eye if there is no medical problem, could be just a "buzz" alerting you are about to "channel" something. Of course, if you are in a crowdy place you will catch all kind of vibrations and some might be so low that can make you feel sick also. The best advise for you is practice meditation, it really works 100%, and don't look at this as a problem, it's a good thing.

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 04:55 PM
link   
I would say, yes, you are. But I would also say seek that common connection, walk in love. Do not let it feed a sense of being better or more special than others, but I am sure you know this already.

Let me add something to the whole ladies being more empathic thing. Yes, I see the truth in this. I just must add that I think male empaths are the ones who reconcile free will with love. I think women, when left in their own bubble in this regard, as women empaths tend to think often that only women "get it," and hence block out any male wisdom, fearing the so-called enemy, namely the essence of man. This leads some women to be quite manipulative for the gain of self, weaving a personal drama seeking a male to be a character to bring the drama to its conclusion. I see this in more and more women nowadays, as they have been duped as to the irrelevance of man. This, unfortunately, and I do not mince words, leads to a sort of vainglorious whore who spins men in circles to get what she wants, forgetting the importance of logic, which figures out long-term consequences to emotional reactions.

This type does not walk in love, but in a power lust seeking to be the center of it all, THE goddess, so to speak. This behavior is quite damaging. This being said, men have a responsibility to not provoke this behavior, as it is rooted in self-defense. I would say find the women who walk in love and not power lust, and relate to them. They certainly will understand, and they will look at you like a jewel, rather than looking at you with contempt, all out of fear that you can see "the whore." After all, it usually takes a loving man to root out destructive woman's behavior, just as it often takes a good woman to root out destructive man's behavior. I know I am beating a stick, but I admonish you to relate to the loving women, the Sophias if you will, but steer clear of the manipulative whore type. This snake will both try to bite you and refuse to ever be seen, desperately seeking to remain a mystery. I would say if you deal with this type of woman, be very mindful and only relate to help heal her. She is quite good at coming at things from angles. If you come from an angle, it will only be an infinite mirror effect. Love cures all.

Logic and emotion make a whole person, as it helps one to be an empath and yet simultaneously have wisdom of the biggest picture of them all. This is the type that changes the world, but often from behind the scenes.

[edit on 6-12-2009 by orwellianunenlightenment]

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by downisreallyup
reply to post by InfaRedMan

Please, this is ATS, where the unusual is to be explored, and if people want to invalidate this kid so quickly, without even asking more questions to see how he can be helped, that seems to violate the whole thrust of this site.

I think part of the problem with those that don't believe these stories such as myself is that why is it happening on ATS? Do you honestly believe ATS is where everyone with a special ability comes to tell the world about it? Look at the subject matter on this site and tell me you can even take these people seriously. They're just like any other person coming out with "revealing" information that later turns out to be false ::cough:: ::cough:: ::david wilcock:: IDK, if you ask me, I just think it's ridiculous that anyone with any serious special abilities would come to a conspiracy website and let it all out. There's better forums for these people to come out than just some conspiracy website. This is the kind of poison that ruins this site and the credibility of those on here.

EDIT: And we wonder why people don't take us seriously. There's plenty of places for these people to come out such as Reddit where they can post comments and questions to the readers. Why don't you ever see this stuff on those sites? I can take a guess...

[edit on 6-12-2009 by forgetthenwo]

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by R0BCROW75

Your words are absolutely correct and although I am far from being the most positive force around I certainly understand that it's our energies that ultimately determine what becomes of our reality.
I'll bet most of the empaths here also suffer from an uncanny sense of synchronicity in their lives. We are bound whether by design, consent, or accident to larger forces in the Universe and what we say and do affects everything.

"I'll bet most of the empaths here "............WTF did you guys call yourselves before Star Trek The Next Generation came along ????????

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Angus123

well his statements show about a 4. But it is of little importance.

@andy,

feeling does give you something. certain bad feelings make me feel like i was lit on fire, and i have had to learn to control that because although it gave an incredible sense of power, it was probably causing internal damage

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by forgetthenwo

How is this ruining the credibility of ATS? He is not claiming to be an alien or a vampire or a diety. He's sharing his experiences. If the fact that these experiences are being interpreted in a metaphysical way offends anyone then they should just move on.
ATS has a number of forums for different topics and not all of the topics are about ETS or the NWO. Members should be allowed to freely share things about themselves and their lives with other members here provided that they don't spread hatred and negativity. For God's sake he's a kid and has done a brave thing by opening up in spite of the flaming and hating. Not all kids would do that. That alone earns my respect and should very well earn the respect of any moral and upright person.
But I wonder.. Why the instant attack? I see you just registered today. Did his post really infuriate you that much ? Or does that just prove my point about people automatically attacking empaths based on a subconscious protective reflex?

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by mjtwelve

mystics actually but it was becoming archaic to use

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Thelonio:
YES! usually like if someone is going to ask me something, I just know beforehand. What do you mean you can sense a whole room? I know when I walk into a room, I can "taste" the mood. Is it like that?

Guys, guys, it's ok. When I originally posted this thread, I expected the criticism and the rude remarks from those trolls. I'm not saying I'm one-of-a-kind or anything. I'm also not saying I'm supernatural superman. I'm just saying I don't fit in with society's norm with being very mature for my age and extremely sensitive to emotions. I thought this forum would be a good place to connect with those who can relate.

Flame on...

[edit on 6-12-2009 by mossme89]

[edit on 6-12-2009 by mossme89]

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Search Indigo Children.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join