It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Am I an empath? How extensive are my abilities?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by TruthxIsxInxThexMist
reply to post by mossme89

How did you learn to use your abilities?

Well to tell you the truth i still get some problems with mine... there can be a lot of confusion at times especially as i'm an Empath too so apart from seeing things i also feel things and this sometimes confuses my brain! However i need Space to be able to expand myself but where i live it's very difficult to do that although i try.... if you live in area where there is freedom (meaning hills, greenland or mountains) i'd say you have more of a chance to expand on your abilities.... being around Wildlife helps a lot... being around negativity doesn't.

What are you able to do?

I recieve images of things that are about to happen like flashes of a plane crash or someone commiting suicide or a bombing about to take place but as i say it's not honed 100% so the visions can get a little confusing.... my perception of others is excellent... i know when i'm being looked at or followed (true i get followed on occasion, not sure who they are or what they want). At times i feel i can read others minds which too can get me down or up depending on what i recieve. I've also seen things otherworldy and feel that i'm being chosen for something.... don't know what yet but maybe time will tell.....

I do feel like if i'm in an enclosed enviorment, or nervous, going outside to get some "fresh air" helps (even if it is full with pollutants).

When do you get the flashes? i know with me, i get those precognitive things in dreams, but don't always remember them

Originally posted by Aliensun
At some point, you need to limit what you allow into your consciousness. Mostly, it is their personal trauma that hits you first. They wear it as an invisible mantle. You meet a person and rather than being in the moment, automatically remembering their name or following small talk, your mind is whirling away, picking up info from them that perhaps they would never tell you in a million years--info that you should EVER bring up without an understanding first with them. Perhaps sometimes it is something they don't even know about themselves. Rarely will it be positive impressions you gain, perhaps something such that they had been abused at some point in their early lives, that sort of thing. It is often an indirect gaining of a concept of who they are at the core and not the individual talking to you at that instant.

There is a strong personal danger in absorbing that which you don't need or want. Basically, there is a blocking method you can develop so you don't learn what you don't need. I can't tell you how to do it, but it is possible. Work at it. Finally, work on yourself and see if you can trace back the reason for this capacity so you can better understand yourself and, thus, better deal with it all on a conscious level.

That's EXACTLY what is going on. While going through small talk and stuff, i can see through the facade as to what's really going on.

My theory for the capacity is the belief that i am an "old soul". I mean, nothing comes as a surprise to me. And with anything that happens i feel like i've been through it before millions of times before. I pretty much just glide through life, and rarely learn anything i feel like i don't already know (by this i don't mean knowledge. i mean lessons and morals.)

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 01:51 PM
link   

All I am going to say, is try to develop these abilities... Only you know how you work and only you will know how to improve with these abilities!

I have similar abilities...

I see snippets of the future before it happens at random times, I feel pain and emotions people have, (They don't have to be in sight, Just someone I know or have spoken to or seen).

I have freaked alot of people out with these gifts and it is hard for normal people to comprehend how or why you have these abilities, but as I said before try to develop them, they will come in handy later on in life

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by militantt_athiest
I just read your posting and had to join and say my 2 cents worth. I also have a very strong empathic abilities. I like yourself noticed them at a young age and felt very awkward in public or group situations . High school was a nightmare for me. I Also feel very close to animals and can call it what you wish,.. their thoughts…Dr Dolittle I guess ,…. not “hey how are you” but basic fears and emotions fear, hunger, danger, curiousness,…when on rare occasion I get time to walk in the woods I can usually tell you where and some times… what type (generally ,.. predator or prey) of animal are around before you can see them.. within 50 feet or so ( I suppose I would make a good hunter my father was very into hunting maybe I get it from him).. I only have to be within about 75-100 feet of the person (even with their back facing to me or through walls… explain that one ..) and can tell you what they are thinking and their personality type… again pretty much any emotion , hunger, nervousness, compassion, anger, among the easier ones they are thinking at that time . I’m NEVER wrong >>ever never>quickly you

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by militantt_athiest

You know , man I believe you.
The main reason I believe you is because of what qualities you list about yourself which I could have written about me.
Might I ask , in what direction would you have encouraged your daughter to go?
I understand your wanting her to develop this ability; I am intrigued with finding a useful way to use it myself. A productive way; for growth or for financial matters.
What thoughts/ideas do you have for your daughter that could benefit other empaths like the op and others ?
Were you thinking of career paths better suited for an empath? If so , which ones?
Or for personal growth?
Or both?
I know that's quite a few questions, man.

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 01:56 PM
link   

i dont take much stock in the old soul theory. Rather i see it as the same soul going through different stages of elevation. I also think a soul gets split as more people are born. The ones that have reached a certain stage are empaths. Most others are close to reaching that stage.

As for the facade, do you perceive it as literally a 'facade'? By that i mean a thin layer of energy around them. i do not use the word aura as i see it as lame and inconsequential.

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Manipulation is a very useful side-effect of these abilities. Mixing it with basic psychology results in a condition that i like to use; but only to elicit the response i am looking for in the first place. It is good if you want someone to actually tell the truth without having them realize the path they are being led down. Sure its not exactly ethical but it definitely gets the truth out of people with nothing but regular words

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 02:03 PM
link   

double post...

[edit on 6-12-2009 by guidanceofthe third kind]

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 02:08 PM
link   

hi mossme89 !
i know there are other here that have already givin you some real good advice and good words of support so i will not repeat all that has all ready been said,
i would like to just say that you are not alone with that for which you are feeling , your words that you spoke in your first post are word for word of which i have gone through even to this day,
i am 47 and one thing i have learned sence being here on this beautiful planet is that you must learn to control your body and spirit,
it is not easy , i have been learning how sence i was about your age , i think i was 15 years when i first start to meditate and try to learn to control that for which i was born with,
for some it is easy but for others " well they fail " you see them every day on the TV turn to vilance and hurting other around them,
they are the ones that have the hardest time adjusting to this place here on this living planet,
yes it is alive and it too is going through growing pains right now,
those here that try to control things call it global warming but its not, its just the same thing all the other planets are going through in this solar system,
the reasond i meantion this is because what you are going through is you are feeling what planet is going through,
and at the same time your spirit is trying to adjust to being among other here that are lost ,
the ones you have problems with are the ones that are traped , that are ignorant of there true estate,
so what i would tell you at this time is to get your self in mind and spirit away from those who are not of like mind,
find places on the net that you can relate to,
stay informed but dont get boged down too much with what is happening in this world ,
as you might know the sh*t is about to the the fan and its hard to fit in with so many people being negative and hateful,
so protect your self when you can, stay healthy and treat your body like a temple for it is the only one you will be givin and stay away from those the only want to drain you of your spirit and energy,
i dont believe in luck so i will say to you i know you can handle it ,
one more thing there are those around you that you cant see so remember you are never alone in this, just ask with your self and they will help if they can,
bye!

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 02:27 PM
link   
to the original poster...

are you by chance left handed????
everybody that I know, including myself, that has these characteristics is a lefty...

just curious...

the people either love me or hate me, no in between really hits home...
and the being able to put yourself in anothers shoes, able to tell lies, etc...

i personally think it is due to using a different part of your brain...

i have actually had several attempts on my life, for no reason at all... just people that see and there is automatically hatred...

just trying to make some sense myself...

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 02:32 PM
link   
This page has an empath survival program with techniques to help you to train your mind.
www.eliselebeau.com...

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by dragonsmusic
I know they are comfortable telling you anything. Just make sure they tell you the positive things about themselves as well; that way they won't be scared of you/themselves for the things they have told you.
Also make sure that you talk yourself. Conversation is an exchange of words. You get to speak too, ya know

that's a good idea, to bring it up to the ladies. How would I bring that up though? I don't want to seem creepy and I'm not sure if girls my age would understand.

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 02:42 PM
link   

im sure in the back of your mind you know who you are able to talk to. It might not be apparent without a bit of internal searching, but when you know it will not be nearly as creepy as you may think, being awkward might still be a possibility.

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Gillian1

i guess my question is what is the catch as it says the program is free? What do they want in return?

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by mossme89

Originally posted by dragonsmusic
I know they are comfortable telling you anything. Just make sure they tell you the positive things about themselves as well; that way they won't be scared of you/themselves for the things they have told you.
Also make sure that you talk yourself. Conversation is an exchange of words. You get to speak too, ya know

that's a good idea, to bring it up to the ladies. How would I bring that up though? I don't want to seem creepy and I'm not sure if girls my age would understand.

Like I said , man, I'm not a great example to follow. Though I would say that you will know how to go about it. Perhaps meditate about it?
Do you have a sister you could mention it to?
Most of all you should use your own words. don't say it to them because dragonsmusic told you to ; know what i mean man
?

You will find your way. I am still finding mine. And chics will totally get it once you have internalized it and it has become your truth. On a spiritual level they resonate more easily once they know what it is that's different about you. it makes sense to them why you are different, in case they were wondering, when they hear that you know this about yourself; IMHO and you , brother, are the only one who can tell them that about yourself.

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 02:55 PM
link   
people who think there special annoy me -_-"

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 02:55 PM
link   

As for the facade, do you perceive it as literally a 'facade'? By that i mean a thin layer of energy around them. i do not use the word aura as i see it as lame and inconsequential. 

By facade, I mean how a person is trying to act. Ex. A stressed person trying to act calm. Many people I know fall for this facade, but I see right through it to what the situation really is

to the original poster... 

are you by chance left handed???? 
everybody that I know, including myself, that has these characteristics is a lefty... 

just curious... 

the people either love me or hate me, no in between really hits home... 
and the being able to put yourself in anothers shoes, able to tell lies, etc... 

i personally think it is due to using a different part of your brain... 

i have actually had several attempts on my life, for no reason at all... just people that see and there is automatically hatred... 

just trying to make some sense myself...

signature

YES! I am left handed and do everything but sports left handed. I notice two friends who are like me in terms of intuition are left handed also. Connection?

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 03:20 PM
link   

oh, i see like a field around them but im not a leftie

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 03:21 PM
link   

When do you get the flashes? i know with me, i get those precognitive things in dreams, but don't always remember them

I get them at different times of the day... mainly though during the afternoon or early evening..... rarely at night or in the morning... they don't linger for long periods which makes it difficult to see the whole image of what is taking place or about to take place...

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 03:27 PM
link   

You are indeed an empath and just described my teenage years tit for tat. There are many among us who are empaths it's nothing paraphysical or supernatural just a trait that some of us share. Everytime a child is killed, or someone is unjustly persecuted we feel it everytime the world wobbles off course and drifts a little further toward destruction we feel it. This makes many of us outsiders. We see that the world is messed up and we of course want nothing to do with it. I found that this is the wrong approach.
I had to learn to control the flow and I don't always succeed- sometimes the pain and misery in the world overwhelm me to the point of near collapse. I endure because ofmy children and because I want them to live in a good and decent world. The problem is as good and decent as the world may be or is it yet to be man inherently is not. Man is greedy, bloodthirsty, and mean. Man inflicts suffering upon others and takes pleasure in it. Man cares only for his own gratification and not the welfare of the next man. Poor blind sheep.
It takes a lot of courage for coming out and admitting this. People will hate you and curse you and make you feel bad because although they don't know that you can feel their vibe there is a protective reflex within them that prompts them to repel the invader. There is no cure for this it is the human condition.
Our job now is to do our part and play our role and whatever that is I'm not sure but just know that you are not alone in this.

[edit on 6-12-2009 by R0BCROW75]

[edit on 6-12-2009 by R0BCROW75]

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by superdebz

people who dont try to become special annoy me. i guess we are even

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join