It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Am I an empath? How extensive are my abilities?

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

i have accepted it. I just do not want it to be like it is. As to the OP, U2U me when you have enough posts if you do not all ready. That is, IF you want my help. I am sure there are others that are willing to help as well

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Just curious, but do any of you other empaths find it hard to get out of an argument?

I know with me, that i feel the anger from both sides, me and the other person. As a result, i seem to get angrier, and the other person gets even angrier. The result is a downward spiral that rarely ends with a peaceful dismissal.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by mossme89

its funny you mention that. Annee had a few posts on that in september. in the Many of you are actually aliens thread. And yeah it happens pretty often. I end up just getting bored and saying they won (they didnt).

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by mossme89
Just curious, but do any of you other empaths find it hard to get out of an argument?

I know with me, that i feel the anger from both sides, me and the other person. As a result, i seem to get angrier, and the other person gets even angrier. The result is a downward spiral that rarely ends with a peaceful dismissal.

Tie helium balloons on it - - - and let it float away.

You feel the need and an inner urge to change the world. It takes time and patience.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by mossme89

I know who is calling, like caller ID.
I know when my loved ones are in trouble or hurting or happy.
I know when my boss is up to something and gives me an edge.
I know when my girlfriend is cheating. (this sucks at times)
I have dreams that come true (ALL THE TIME)
I read people's energy and read their memories.

When someone tells me a "true" story I can see it in my mind and when they are not I know it and call them on it. (I have to be on phone or face to face.)

I feel the energy of buildings and landscapes.

I "know" things... just know...

I don't want a cookie or a gold star or think I am special for these things.

What I do ponder.

You did not know you could read, ride a bike, do algebra, tie your shoe or program your VCR (ehem wow that's a now dated statement) until you were taught. IMAGINE WHAT WE ARE NOT TAUGHT AND ARE CAPEABLE OF.

We are amazing spiritual beings capable of so much beauty and destruction... Imagine what we could do if we just let go of the broken ego and let be, here and now... What kind of forgotten abilities, manifestations and magic are we denied?

Prayer works to heal, its proven.

LOVE YOU ALL!
www.youtube.com...

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Sometimes while in large public places (like in line for a movie) and people are searching or nervous or whatever, it's like being slapped by them, from every direction... It feels like I can feel their collective nervousness or searching and it's too much, like everyones fingers are in my mind.

So I drink... Rum
Lets me not care about it.

Sometimes when out, its fun to read people and meet them and talk. Freaks some people out, sometimes it gets you a date. :-)

My close friends get worried about me, they say I am to withdrawn at times and I "hide". I cannot disagree, sometimes you need time away from other peoples energy. I like to beach it, no one close and lots of space to relax and listen to the Great Spirit.

Love yall!

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 04:43 PM
link   
I just came back from my job and checked your thread since my last post (about 03:00). As we can see my empath friend, you are not alone.....we are a big family.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 06:40 PM
link   
I got to agree with the two posters above me.

Sometimes you need to get away to recharge your batteries.

That story about standing in line and feeling everybody's nervousness can be a serious energy drain, learn to turn off your "energy-scanner" (for lack of a better term). Just switch to a different frequency, randomly talk about something unrelated to keep your mind of it or make a phone call and talk out loud to bring the line-of-people's nervousness out of atmosphere.

Sometimes, they need a good slap

[edit on 7/12/2009 by the_denv]

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 09:54 PM
link   
You are very mature and levelheaded for your age. I also felt "different" and struggled with my hypersensitivity. The ATS posts written by Hidden_Hand has magically solved my struggles. It's a must-read for anyone who wish to evolve spiritually:

www.illuminati-news.com...

The Law of One is worth-reading too:

www.lawofone.info...

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by cherylw
The ATS posts written by Hidden_Hand has magically solved my struggles. It's a must-read for anyone who wish to evolve spiritually:

I am a fan of Hidden_Hand. Whether real or not (trust no one - except yourself).

I think there are many "people" telling similar experiences. Remember much information is channeled (one way or another). There will be discrepancies.

Go into yourself and out of yourself - - in meditative type mode - - to filter any and all information that crosses your path.

If your "galactic ancestry" is from a different timeline/location/dimension from the person giving information - - it may seem similar - - but not exact.

As in conflict - - each side has there own perspective - - but history is usually written by the victor.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 10:22 AM
link   
There is nothing weird about enhanced empathy. It's the 'hunch' that signifies effective law-enforcement and security professionals, the attunement of a good priest or counselor, the lie-detector that some mothers and wives have inside them. Hey, without it, good acting would be much rarer.

OK, not everybody is as gifted, but it's a real ability that can be cultivated simply by being near other people and truly observing them.

It's human and can be used to show humanity.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Has anyone ever experimented with substances like marijuana or lsd to increase or decrease the received energies around them? Did it work, for your purpose or make it worse while under the influence.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by RestrictedPrivileges

It's human and can be used to show humanity.

Human would be the physical body suit in this dimension experience that an energy soul inhabits.

Of course energy beings would bring with them past experiences and abilities.

Vibrations have a lot to do with the transparency of the veil.

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Backthoughts
Has anyone ever experimented with substances like marijuana or lsd to increase or decrease the received energies around them? Did it work, for your purpose or make it worse while under the influence.

Look up '___'. AMAZING STUFF!
Shamanic Rites and Rituals are set up in many ways to assist in these things.

'___' - www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

Enjoy. I have done this and ITS AMAZING.

OH yeah and Bill Hicks on Mushrooms.
www.youtube.com...

Love ya for being!

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by R0BCROW75
I find it amazing that we can all come together and unite against the haters in defense of the OP. This shows the "empath" trait in all of us and how we, in spite of ridicule and in spite of the risk of getting labeled as whackjobs we come out and admit things about ourselves we would not normally talk about. This post resonates with a good vibe and I'm very proud to be here on this site with all of you. I'm not the most cheery happy person in the world and have in fact aroused heated debates with members of the community due to some of my inflammatory post replies- this is another result of being an empath. Sometimes some us feel so much negativity that we feel compelled to stand our ground and fight and though not always correct in our assumptions we believe that what we do we do for the benefit of all mankind. It's a rough road but the vibe at the end of the day is so worth it when we stand together.
Hey where did the haters go?

[edit on 7-12-2009 by R0BCROW75]

WEll said. I was baffled when I sat down and looked at what all the jealous flaming trolls had to say.
I so wanted to verbally tear some people some brand new a@#holes.
Most of the comments that bothered me were addressed by others.
Other empaths in the "family"
Also the OP deals with the jealous flaming trolls a lot better than most people.
Indeed rob where are all the haters now?
I propose they all tucked tail and ran once they realized this is more than just DeAnna Troy stuff; that there are people out there who can naturally and easily sense the emotions of others.

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Backthoughts

Both of those substances can increase as well as decrease one's empathic abilities.

But I can never tell how it's going to work and so I do not recommend using either of them to experiment with the ability.

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by unicorn1

Please don't label yourself as 'an empath' because it comes across as egotistical. You are not unique. You are not any more special than any one else.

Some people ARE more unique than others. And yes, they are more special. They have gifts that most people do not have. Im sorry that you dont.

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 01:27 PM
link   
I am an empath. I know that I am different from most people. I have proven this to myself and thats all I need to do. I wanted to share an experience that I had that shook me up a bit. My room mate claims that she has a bad spirit that likes to taunt her . One day, me and her were chatting in her room. The night before she told me that she had a 'visitor'. Her visitor was an apparition of a man holding a gun. To her this meant that something bad was coming. Anyway, I fell asleep on her bed and she left to go to the kitchen. I woke up to a loud bang ( like a gunshot) and when I got up to run to her she ended up colliding with me in the door way and slammed the door shut. The part that freaked me out the most was the fear that radiated off her body. I felt it so strongly, that it Literally vibrated off of my skin and I felt it everywhere. It was her fear, not mine, that I felt. She was sobbing and shaking uncontrollably with fear. Instinctively, I grabbed her and hugged her tight until her fear subsided. It felt as though I was absorbing her fear right out of her body. I've never felt fear so strongly before and at that point I understood what True fear felt like. I do not wish to ever feel someone who is terrified; the feeling almost burns through my veins, its that bad. Well, it wasn't a gun shot that night. There was a shelf on the wall in the kitchen and a small glass table under it. The shelf fell off the wall and onto the table shattering it into a million pieces. In her eyes, she saw it as her tormentor picking on her again and I somewhat believe it. The timing was just Too perfect for it to be a coincidence that as she walked into the kitchen and turned around that the shelf would fall and scare her half to death. It is one thing to understand how a person feels but it's a totally different ball game when you physically and emotionally feel exactly what the other person is going through. It's as if you Are that person and not yourself at all. It can be very creepy at times and can make you go crazy, hence the reason for solitude. There are many books and websites with good advice on how to deal with it better but I haven't found any Yet that has helped me enhance my ability. For me, I use a power called 'faith' to protect my sanity. I learned how to ignore other peoples' feelings too because they get too much in the way of My feelings. Of course people who have never experienced this kind of empathy would not understand just how intense it really is. It goes deeper than just feelings but thats another thread.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by myeyeshavseen
reply to post by unicorn1

Please don't label yourself as 'an empath' because it comes across as egotistical. You are not unique. You are not any more special than any one else.

"Some people ARE more unique than others. And yes, they are more special. They have gifts that most people do not have. Im sorry that you dont.
"

that's where you admonished unicorn1 for claiming to be an empath just before you claimed it about yourself :
you said it sounded egotistical, told someone not to use the term and then called yourself that

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by myeyeshavseen
I am an empath. I know that I am different from most people. I have proven this to myself and thats all I need to do. I wanted to share an experience that I had that shook me up a bit. My room mate claims that she has a bad spirit that likes to taunt her . One day, me and her were chatting in her room. The night before she told me that she had a 'visitor'. Her visitor was an apparition of a man holding a gun. To her this meant that something bad was coming. Anyway, I fell asleep on her bed and she left to go to the kitchen. I woke up to a loud bang ( like a gunshot) and when I got up to run to her she ended up colliding with me in the door way and slammed the door shut. The part that freaked me out the most was the fear that radiated off her body. I felt it so strongly, that it Literally vibrated off of my skin and I felt it everywhere. It was her fear, not mine, that I felt. She was sobbing and shaking uncontrollably with fear. Instinctively, I grabbed her and hugged her tight until her fear subsided. It felt as though I was absorbing her fear right out of her body. I've never felt fear so strongly before and at that point I understood what True fear felt like. I do not wish to ever feel someone who is terrified; the feeling almost burns through my veins, its that bad. Well, it wasn't a gun shot that night. There was a shelf on the wall in the kitchen and a small glass table under it. The shelf fell off the wall and onto the table shattering it into a million pieces. In her eyes, she saw it as her tormentor picking on her again and I somewhat believe it. The timing was just Too perfect for it to be a coincidence that as she walked into the kitchen and turned around that the shelf would fall and scare her half to death. It is one thing to understand how a person feels but it's a totally different ball game when you physically and emotionally feel exactly what the other person is going through. It's as if you Are that person and not yourself at all. It can be very creepy at times and can make you go crazy, hence the reason for solitude. There are many books and websites with good advice on how to deal with it better but I haven't found any Yet that has helped me enhance my ability. For me, I use a power called 'faith' to protect my sanity. I learned how to ignore other peoples' feelings too because they get too much in the way of My feelings. Of course people who have never experienced this kind of empathy would not understand just how intense it really is. It goes deeper than just feelings but thats another thread.

in this post here
2nd line
wtf?

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join