It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It is 6am, where are your children...?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 06:51 AM
link   
Hi,
... hopefully they didn`t die of a preventable drug overdose.

I don`t know about your country, but in mine (Germany) it is forbidden to do drug testing at parties. That wasn`t always the case. In the early nineties, when you went out on a rave, there was the possibility to get your pills tested. That way you knew what substance you were about to take, you knew how much of said substance was in your pill and therefore you could avoid doing to much.
According to Eve and Rave (a non profit association which did most of the testing) this was a very effective way to avoid drug related tragedies on parties.

This possibility is long gone. And what`s even worse are the pills around. Back in the early nineties the active ingredients in pills were most likely MDMA and MDA or caffeine-fakes. Nowadays it could be everything from inactive to highly toxic(PMA, Atropine, Meth....). Have a look:
www.ecstasydata.org...

So I think it is more important than ever to let the people test their pills because there are children out there doing drugs, no matter what.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 05:41 AM
link   
While I agree completely, there is still a ton more legal issues out that people will have to face.

Because, If testing of pills is occurring outside of said 'rave' or 'party' that means the people hosting are promoting or condoning when there should be a 0% drug policy (even though we all know this bull). The raves are held, the people are "not on drugs" and its all a don't ask don't tell hope someone doesn't die type of situation nowadays.

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by LightWonder
While I agree completely, there is still a ton more legal issues out that people will have to face.

Because, If testing of pills is occurring outside of said 'rave' or 'party' that means the people hosting are promoting or condoning when there should be a 0% drug policy (even though we all know this bull). The raves are held, the people are "not on drugs" and its all a don't ask don't tell hope someone doesn't die type of situation nowadays.

Wow! I totally agree. Pill-testing seems like a genius idea! Why would it be out-lawed?

Anyway, I suppose - if people truly cared, they would set up their own personal drug-tests. But such things take money. And people just don't care enough.

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Yeh its a good idea but it will never be approved in today's climate. There will be too many people (most of which will have limited to none knowledge of drugs) who will kick up a fuss and claim that by allowing people to test their drugs for safety you are encouraging people to take them. It doesn't matter whether its true or not.
The truth is that people are going to use drugs anyway whether they are safe/legal/checked but many people live away from areas and social groups like that so they assume that if they don't see it then it rarely happens. So yes its a good idea but the only country I can see allowing it is Holland which does make much difference on the overall scale does it.

-Cauch1

new topics

top topics

join