It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Energy from dying body?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 05:55 AM
link   
Hi people.... I've been asking this question in my real life now for the last two years and trying to find info on the web to no avail so... bit the bullet and thought I would ask in here.

During my life I have either through personal or work life encountered a few dead/dying people but something that happened to me in November 2007 mystifies me still.

In November 2007 at age 37, I flew to Europe to be at the bedside of my dying Babicka [Grandmother], a women who had virtually brought me up for much of my life while my Mother did 'more important things' than being held back by a child

My Grandmother was at home, bedridden and in a semi concious state when I arrived but I spent every available minute with her brushing her hair, washing her, making sure she was warm enough not too hot, dabbing her mouth with water soaked cotton wool and talking to her in Czech and in English when emotions took over me. I spent a lot of time cuddling her in bed and dozing off to sleep with my arms around her.

She gradually slipped further towards death and then one day as I sat alone on her bed with her she started to 'wet breath' ..... I knew her time had come and called for my Mother to come in from the other room.

Her death was awful to witness, her face contorted in pain.. I had NEVER seen my Babicka in pain like that. I called out to 'something' I'm not religious so not sure what and whispered “Oh please please don't let this hurt her, please just take her quickly”

At that point her body relaxed and I had my hands... left one kind of on her right shoulder and back of neck and my right hand was laid on her chest just below or on her right clavicle.

It's what happened then that this post is about and I apologise for rambling on to get here....

Both my hands felt like just before you get pins and needles and like they had swollen up.... you know that 'cant get my rings off' feeling you sometimes wake up with or get on an aeroplane?

The 'fat n fizzy' feeling gradually crawled up my wrists and arms then through my chest to the point I couldn't quite catch my breath... I looked across at my Mother who was sitting in a chair next to the bed and her face was calm and she didn't seem to be experiencing this... I called out “Mama?” but by then my neck and head were fuzzy and fat feeling and I felt a rush going through my body.. My Mother looked up at me and I said “I think I'm.... I don't know... I feel funny!”

My Mother just looked back at my Grandmother and I let go of her and held on to my chest and .... well I don't know I just sat there thinking wtf? The whole fat n fizzy thing lasted about 7 to 10 seconds.. seemed longer at the time but in reality was just short.

I then went into auto pilot mode and asked my Mum to go get the rest of the family, I got a scarf and put it on my grandmothers head and secured it under her chin and started to tidy the bed area blah blah blah.....

Anyway.

What was that feeling? Was it just emotions? Imagination? I wasn't hysterical or panicking when she was breathing her last just sad that it was hurting her so...

The feeling was extremely intense and akin to what I imagine being electrocuted would feel like but only through my upper body.

Oh I tell you what it felt like and please don't attack me for this, back when I was about 17 some friends of mine had something they called Poppers [Alkyl Nitrate] they said it was a fab feeling so stupidly I took a deep sniff of it and the feeling then was very similar to the feeling when Grandmother died only the poppers didn't give the fizzing/buzzing feeling... Never 'sniffed' it again as it wasn't a feeling I enjoyed, dislike drugs ... I don't even take painkillers if I can avoid it!

OK like I said it's taken me a while to get this down into writing and I chose ATS as the most probably place I would either be told what it was or told to forget it as just a reaction to the sad event.

Please don't attack me I'm not a fighter and wont respond

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 06:28 AM
link   
That sounds very similar to the feeling of Qi, or energy, when you do Qi Gong, or similar energy work. I have no idea why you experienced it at that moment, maybe some entity came to ease the passing, and you felt its presence. Or maybe the strong emotions and spirituality of that moment made your energy stronger, so thats what you felt.

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 06:29 AM
link   
Hmm will google Qi thank you :-)

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by yzzyUK

What a beautiful post.

Any of us here on ATS would be so lucky to have such a loving grand daughter as you.

Your grandmother was very lucky to have you with her at her passing.

I think my own personal feeling is you felt her soul merge with yours.

You sound like a most remarkable and kind person.

When I was in nursing 30+ years ago I experienced quite a few passings.

Each is unique.

Live long and prosper.

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Oh Sweetheart, how could anyone possibly attack you for this? I'm sitting here literally weeping as I type, everything is all blurry.

I'm not one to share my personal "stuff" on ATS, because I can't take the heat. I am going to u2u you.

But I can tell you I have been with several people when they passed away, but the one I loved the most....my mother....yielded an experience very similar to yours.

Guess that's why I'm crying. I've internalized it. See ya on u2u.

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 08:58 AM
link   
At the moment of death the energy leaves the body and it can be seen in old Kirlian photos taken by scientists. Years ago I was searching for this information and found some of these photos, the energy would come out of the body (looked like a thin cloud) and float up. In recent years I have not found these photos again but I believe that they can be found or produced by using the newer Kirlian cameras, proving that energy leaves the body and floats up at the moment of death.
I am an atheist, but this scientific proof leads me to believe that the energy or soul goes somewhere after we die. I also believe that if you had your hand on top of her what you felt was her energy or soul floating up.

Here is a link that you might find useful while researching this.
www.spiritcommunicator.com...
This also leads me to believe that the energy or soul can be traped in objects or places, creating what we call ghosts.

[edit on 6-12-2009 by Elieser]

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by yzzyUK
What was that feeling? Was it just emotions? Imagination? I wasn't hysterical or panicking when she was breathing her last just sad that it was hurting her so...

The feeling was extremely intense and akin to what I imagine being electrocuted would feel like but only through my upper body.

what you felt was LIFE
the FORCE
CHI
the Holiest Ghost
et. al.

your description is excellent
i know this from my own personal experience

just believe and never forget how it felt!
and you WILL feel it again
among many other wondrous things!

just don't doubt...believe only
fear not

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 03:04 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 03:18 PM
link   
It was probably you hyperventilating from stress due to the situation. Fits in with the "poppers-ish" feeling.

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 03:38 PM
link   
What you are describing is an adrenaline rush during a highly emotional time that most probably also triggered a state of shock.

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 03:52 PM
link   
HHhhhmmmmmmmm, the fat feeling you got in your hands and arms, ... that sounds like blood was running into them, had you changed positions suddenly ???

because it also sound's like you were on the verge of passing out ( air heady feeling )

I dont know exactly why, but maybe the blood ran from your head down into your hands, some kind of blood pressure flux, perhaps due to a quick change of position, or high emotion.

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 04:30 PM
link   
your descriptions also remind me of some lyrics from Pink Floyd's "Comfortably Numb"

the parts about being a child and having fever and blown-up hands, etc.
that is how it feels to me!
what do you think?

when i got older, i realized that what i felt in my hands was actually going on, or being caused by, translated, somehow, within my brain

pretty trippy

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by yzzyUK

The experience, if i understand your post correctly, was the astral body and vital body leaving your grandmother. The vital body is the energetic body that hold the physical body alive. All bodies go back to their respected planes, except for the physical.

[edit on 6-12-2009 by lagenese]

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 05:54 AM
link   
I'm so sorry I never meant to make anyone cry

It's been bugging me for so long and I thought if I wanted a straight answer ATS would be the place

I have been told a few times that it was my Grandmothers 'soul' passing through me.... like I say I'm not a 'God' believer but if I was then I guess it might be possible to feel like that.

haven't read my U2U's yet

I hadn't changed possitions... I spent most of the week either laying next to my grandmother cuddling her and speaking to her or sitting cross legged to her right side generally annoying her I guess lol with stroking her hair, wiping her mouth, reminding her to take a breath, My movements were slow and quiet because I wasn't sure how much she could hear or sense... she wasn't responding at all by this stage and we were waiting for the Doctor to arrive...

The feeling swept through me as she died, I didn't lay down to 'recover' or anything ... the feelings left me and I stayed on the bed with her to place her scarf on... it was suddenly important to me that the other memebrs of the family didn't walk in and see her with her mouth gaping open... she would have hated that.

As far as anything I could have ingested to produce the feeling teh strongest thing I take is wine! I hadn't had any.... grandmother hated the smell of alcohol on the breath. I had eaten properly... it's impossible to be in Moravia and not eat! man they like to eat lol

Hank..... Could be adrenaline, although it didn't last very long... a matter of 10 seconds or less and with no residue... I usually have left over feelings when experiencing adrenaline rushes... This left me with a sense of calm and a need to get things organised... although I didn't move from her side very much for the next 3 hours I remained calm.

I t didn't really all hit me until almost a year later.

As for being a remarkable and kind person... I don't feel that way... in fact ever since that day I have felt pretty useless and crap for not being able to do something more to help her.

blahhh anyway.... Thank you all for not jumping on me .... It's good to be able to talk about it to people who don't just shrug and say "Oh did you? Cool.... did want a cup of tea Yzzy?"

No actually, I want to explore this! lol

One thing... IF it was her energy/soul/spirit going through me then wouldn't it have mixed a bit with mine? Would there be side effects?

A week after I got home both my husband and I woke one night and saw her standing at the end of the bed he didn't know I was awake... he left the room to go to the loo and when he came back he took a wide birth around the doorway and got back into bed... i said "Why did you do that?" and he said "Yzzy, your Grandmother is at the end of the bed"

THAT was a weird experience as I had seen her too although he could still see she vanished from my vision after he re-entered the room.

now you really are going to think I'm cuckoo !!

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 05:57 AM
link   
Excuse the typos... off to see Eddie Izzard tonight and my nails are damp from nailvarnish, trying not to bosh them on the keys!

top topics

join