It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

George Bush Never Looked into Nick's Eyes by Michael Berg

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2004 @ 12:52 AM
link   
www.commondreams.org...

Very moving article written by Nick Berg's father.

"My son, Nick, was my teacher and my hero. He was the kindest, gentlest man I know; no, the kindest, gentlest human being I have ever known. He quit the Boy Scouts of America because they wanted to teach him to fire a handgun. Nick, too, poured into me the strength I needed, and still need, to tell the world about him.

People ask me why I focus on putting the blame for my son's tragic and atrocious end on the Bush administration. They ask: "Don't you blame the five men who killed him?" I have answered that I blame them no more or less than the Bush administration, but I am wrong: I am sure, knowing my son, that somewhere during their association with him these men became aware of what an extraordinary man my son was. I take comfort that when they did the awful thing they did, they weren't quite as in to it as they might have been. I am sure that they came to admire him.

I am sure that the one who wielded the knife felt Nick's breath on his hand and knew that he had a real human being there. I am sure that the others looked into my son's eyes and got at least a glimmer of what the rest of the world sees. And I am sure that these murderers, for just a brief moment, did not like what they were doing.

George Bush never looked into my son's eyes. George Bush doesn't know my son, and he is the worse for it. George Bush, though a father himself, cannot feel my pain, or that of my family, or of the world that grieves for Nick, because he is a policymaker, and he doesn't have to bear the consequences of his acts. George Bush can see neither the heart of Nick nor that of the American people, let alone that of the Iraqi people his policies are killing daily..."

for more:
www.commondreams.org...

I especially like this quote from the article:
"George Bush's ineffective leadership is a weapon of mass destruction"

posted on May, 22 2004 @ 01:57 AM
link   
Its a pity that Dubya couldn't see into Nick Berg's eyes. I saw a pic of him with the daughter of a 9-11 victim and I could see that it affected him. Dubya isn't some demon from hell, he's a human being like the rest of us. Unfortunately he's badly advised - both by his administration, his dad,and his religious beliefs. He, like the rest of us, need to keep an open mind on everything.

[Edited on 22-5-2004 by Pisky]

posted on May, 22 2004 @ 03:21 AM
link   
The Nick Berg video caught me off guard earlier last week and I unfortunately bought into it hook, line and sinker. Then I got home and my wife had to slap some sense into me.

Classic psy-op here. Who says this 'person' named Nick Berg even existed or was killed. The video is full of holes, the timing of the release raises even more questions. Do I believe that an innocent young man was chopped up just because a poor quality video is released? NO. There is much more behind this than what is seen on Al-Jezeera or anything else.

It's all part of their game to inflame Arab opinion of the US, create a reason for false 'terrorist' attacks in the near future, giving more credence to their plan to initiate the draft and away we go. Remember, Canada doesn't have a draft. Only good draft beer! Rock on.

posted on May, 22 2004 @ 03:45 AM
link   
Can i just say....How many Iraqi's died at the hands of Saddam Hussien each year? Did those Iraqi's live under a dictatorship? From what i can remember i thought 16,000 Iraqis were tortured and killed every year by saddam hussien for being rebelious...estimated numbers...not including those women raped either.

Now....How many Iraqi's have died since the start of invading Iraq? 10,000 civilians....not sure on the military numbers.... How many americans? 600 or so.

Are the Iraqi's free? Yes they are.

You cant put a price on freedom.

IF people would stop letting emotions get in the way, and take a look at the big picture, I think you'll find out that this war was a helpful event to all involved.

Saddam supported terrorists with funding. How many people would have died through those terrorists actions? Maybe not Americans...Or maybe Americans, but Americans aren't the only people in the world.

A human being is a human being. The world is populated with us. You cant say an american is worth more than an iraqi. Or you'd instead prefer the millions of Iraqi's to still be living in fear from a dictator instead of having some 600 Americans doing thier job...fighting to free these people, die.

posted on May, 22 2004 @ 05:42 AM
link   
you can't blame the prez because he will not interfere with special / secret operations (even if they went bad)

posted on May, 22 2004 @ 06:59 AM
link   
What was the kid doing in Iraq anyway? Don't give this businessman crap. Iraq is a dangerous place. If Michael Ber wants to blame anyone for the murder of his son, other than the one with the knife, he ought to start by looking in the mirror. He failed his son miserably by not counselling him on the real dangers he could be facing. What a moron!

posted on May, 22 2004 @ 07:09 AM
link   
that "son" was old & adult enough to know what he was doing !

if you belong to a special unit the contract mentions you can not tell anybody about this,including your family !

since the videotape was taken days before the broadcast (not life broadcasting) there was actually no counteraction possible from the victim.

posted on May, 22 2004 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by NOGODSINTHEUNIVERSE
if you belong to a special unit the contract mentions you can not tell anybody about this,including your family !

Your'e assuming he worked for the government. That's not been proven. I think the father is way off base on this one. I think AlterEgo has it right.

posted on May, 22 2004 @ 07:33 AM
link   
if you expect the USA making public al the names of their agents in special forces,cia...
i think it will not even pay to go for the option:WAIT

even now top secrets operations are executed the general public is not aware of.

watch my words ! soon the USA wil forward some HOT NEWS about the warresults.

posted on May, 22 2004 @ 08:54 AM
link   
I understand his sorrow, but to come out as a loud policital opponent of Bush is just a little too convenient. Michael Berg was against the policies in Iraq before his son died. Since then, however, he has had an opportunity to be a loud voice of discord, and he has taken full advantage.

It is as much President Bush's fault as it is Michael Berg's fault. Why, if he'd never had a son, he wouldn't have been in Iraq to get killed!

Sorry, just using some of the same logic some of our friends here use...

posted on May, 22 2004 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pisky
Dubya isn't some demon from hell, he's a human being like the rest of us.

I have to disagree with that. Theses guys are not human. [sarcasm] They're reptilian bloodlines lol... [/sarcasm]

Nah, seriously, you know they teach them to look afflicted and sad, for when their staged drama happen?

[Edited on 22-5-2004 by m0rbid]

posted on May, 22 2004 @ 09:51 AM
link   
bizar that only 4 of the 5 enemies have been captured !

posted on May, 22 2004 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by natas
..... Berg was against the policies in Iraq before his son died. Since then, however, he has had an opportunity to be a loud voice of discord, and he has taken full advantage.

natas,
I don't know if you realize the full impact of your statement. It only hit me the second time I read it. Berg is actually USING his own son's death to advance his political rant against Bush. What a sick bast*&^!!

posted on May, 22 2004 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Why was Berg held by American authorities?

[Edited on 22-5-2004 by Opus]

posted on May, 22 2004 @ 11:34 AM
link   
if the body was returned i think they should have checked if it was for sure the one that should be in the casquet !!
don't you think so ??

posted on May, 22 2004 @ 11:54 AM
link   
er good point , doh I`m going to run and hide in shame now . A slight detail missed on my part(slight meaning major). Its a pretty sad storry non the less . Its a f*(k up world , f*(ked up sad # happens .

posted on May, 22 2004 @ 06:25 PM
link   
...and that's part of what angers me about it. It seems as though he has decided that this is a way to assuage the hurt over the loss of his son.

Personally, I think it is a ridiculous accusation, but that's just my opinion.

posted on May, 23 2004 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Natas and Common,

I agree completely.

Mr. Berg is obviously and understandably angry over the death of his son. But to say that the President is as much to blame as Nick's killers is preposterous. Whether you believe that it was Muslim Terrorists or CIA agents or even the Mossad who killed Nick, those people CUT OF HIS FREAKING HEAD!!! You don't do something like that to someone you have empathy for! As awful as it is to think about, and as great a guy Nick Berg might have been, the people responsible for his decapitation saw him as nothing but a piece of meat. He was the means to and end for them, and that's all he was.

It was Nick's decision to go to Iraq that ultimately caused his own death. It's my personal opinion that Michael Berg is redirecting his anger towards his dead son, for that decision, to the President. And although I disagree with his politics, I take pity on the man. His misplacement of blame is pathetic, and it shows just how much he is really suffering behind all that hate...

-Cypher

posted on May, 23 2004 @ 12:44 AM
link   
Talk about hook, line and sinker. Mr. Berg is against Bush, and was obviously against Bush before his son was murdered. His son was over there as a profit-seeker, one of those capitalists that so many of you despise when it is convenient for you, no different than the civilian contractors that are over there for the big dollars and hefty per diems, only Berg wasn't there for any corporation.

With no evidence to support you, and nothing to back you but your own political agenda, some of you claim that Berg's death was nothing more than U.S. psy-ops, meant to change the national opinion of the enemy. How totally distasteful. How sickening that no matter what the U.S. has done for the world, no matter how much goodness and compassion we've demonstrated, some of you actually try and paint us as being a worse lot than those who want to destroy us.

What total political creatures you are.

posted on May, 24 2004 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaRAGE
Can i just say....How many Iraqi's died at the hands of Saddam Hussien each year? Did those Iraqi's live under a dictatorship? From what i can remember i thought 16,000 Iraqis were tortured and killed every year by saddam hussien for being rebelious...estimated numbers...not including those women raped either.

Now....How many Iraqi's have died since the start of invading Iraq? 10,000 civilians....not sure on the military numbers.... How many americans? 600 or so.

Are the Iraqi's free? Yes they are.

You cant put a price on freedom.

IF people would stop letting emotions get in the way, and take a look at the big picture, I think you'll find out that this war was a helpful event to all involved.

Saddam supported terrorists with funding. How many people would have died through those terrorists actions? Maybe not Americans...Or maybe Americans, but Americans aren't the only people in the world.

A human being is a human being. The world is populated with us. You cant say an american is worth more than an iraqi. Or you'd instead prefer the millions of Iraqi's to still be living in fear from a dictator instead of having some 600 Americans doing thier job...fighting to free these people, die.

But was this war nessasary (Required/meaning we die lose or change governement or lose our freedoms without it) to support and defend the constitution of the United States? Absoulutly not. No way no how at least at the point we started this war. Perhaps in 5-10 or 20 years it may have become a threat.

Why do I ask this? because those 800 american soldiers who are following orders and dieing were sworn in to support and defend the United States not be world police or freedom fighters or anything other than supporting and defending our Nation.

I find it very difficult to find and reason for us to have invaded Iraq.

I ask you war mongers who support this war to come join the U.S Army and fight beside the next guys who are going to die for this cause what ever it may be. Its easy to sit back in the safety of an office or computer screen and support a war is it not? Just ask "W" will his newly graduated daughters be joining the U. S Army as officers and serving in the war? What do ya think?

new topics

top topics

join