It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your Christmas and New Years Plan

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 03:12 AM
link   
My Christmas plans are a nice quiet dinner at home with several friends drinking some wine and cooked dinner. Perhaps some movie and cards later on but generaly a nice relaxing day. ( Looking so forward to it)

As for New Years, well i do believe ill be attending some function but thats all being handled by the family's head admin. (girlfriend).

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 10:50 AM
link   
I'm trying to ignore Christmas to the very best of my ability, whilst trying to accommodate the sensibilities of others. My family is scattered all over the world & I'm located in a "foreign country" myself (Scotland).

I've had invites from friends to go to theirs on the big day but can help but think I'd be a "welcome but timed guest", if you know what I mean ! So instead I'm staying at home on my own. Everyone thinks that's sad, but I'm going to dive onto Skype and video chat to my folks which will be so cool.

Most folk in Scotland, the adults anyway, seem to enjoy the New Year (or Hogmanay) much more than Christmas so I'm going out that night with my Scottish friends to Edinburgh Castle to see the fireworks display and get extremely merry

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Seems like you and I are the only ones with a plan this year.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 01:32 PM
link   
A nice quiet Christmas Morning..the smell of turkey wafting through the air the rest of the day..a nice nap on the sofa with a full stomach..ahhhh
As for New Years..I have a prophecy that will either be fulfilled or not. Anything can happen, so we shall see.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by AccessDenied

Well i more less should come forward here, this weekend i found myself totally isolated and become one with house. Played my favorite cd's through my BO which coincidently is wired throughout the whole house. Invited a selected group of friends over and we generally just seriously chilled out with wine and good honest company amongst people who i feel watch my back as i watch theirs.

Anyway, here is a taste of my style of music when i choose to wind down and enjoy every minute that life allows me to enjoy.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 02:08 AM
link   
Hardly anyone is celebrating Christmas on ATS ! Perhaps the thread is too early for some people, I know many people are jaded by the festivities starting earlier and earlier each year that passes.

We've got our office party on Friday night. They have a strange custom here called "Secret Santa" which I'd never heard of before moving to Scotland although I suppose like many things the idea came originally from the USA.

All my co-workers had their names written on pieces of paper and each drew one from the pot ... and have to buy someone a gift up to five Scottish pounds in value. They won't know who the gift is from ... hence the "Secret" Santa.

The co-worker I got is a lady who was divorced this year. She's the life and soul of our office, a good laugh. So I've purchased a gift which I hope will go down well ... although I fear not ... it's an "inflatable husband".

But now I'm scared to hand it into work in case she takes offence when she opens it !

Oh dear. What to do ?

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 04:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ulala
Hardly anyone is celebrating Christmas on ATS ! Perhaps the thread is too early for some people, I know many people are jaded by the festivities starting earlier and earlier each year that passes.

We've got our office party on Friday night. They have a strange custom here called "Secret Santa" which I'd never heard of before moving to Scotland although I suppose like many things the idea came originally from the USA.

All my co-workers had their names written on pieces of paper and each drew one from the pot ... and have to buy someone a gift up to five Scottish pounds in value. They won't know who the gift is from ... hence the "Secret" Santa.

The co-worker I got is a lady who was divorced this year. She's the life and soul of our office, a good laugh. So I've purchased a gift which I hope will go down well ... although I fear not ... it's an "inflatable husband".

But now I'm scared to hand it into work in case she takes offence when she opens it !

Oh dear. What to do ?

I dare say, being divorced myself..I would DEFINITELY take offence to that gift.She may be good natured, and see some humor in it, but it might hurt her as well.A gift for a co-worker shouldn't be something too personal.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 07:11 AM
link   
Christmas plans.......

Well, usually we spend a day running 17 rope lights from the tip of coconut palm fronds to the base and then light them -- next weekend, only this year will be simpler, less bright DC-powered lights.

I always look forward to Christmas Eve -- that's when we have the "doppler caroling." That's where a dozen people on a flatbed truck (or sometimes a school bus) drive around the island caroling..... but most times they are going too fast, so what we hear is: siiiiii--iii-lent niiiiiiight HOOOOOOOOOOOOOllly niiight...

The week before, the two of us help wrap hundreds of little toys for kids, when Santa and Mrs. Clause "land" at the airport and drive around the island giving toys. I've been Santa twice, and let me tell you, in 85 degrees F, all that Santa garb and two pillows, those are Santa suits that were probably handled with tongs and burned after I gave them back. (ewwwwww! Santa! you stiiiink!)

Then, later on Christmas Day is the chasing of the cows, always entertaining. On this island, the traditional Christmas meal is fresh beef. Problem is, often the beef in question has had all year running the top of the bluff, figuring out how to get through rocky outcrops and in general, hide very well. Last year it was wisely decided to round up the two cows of choice a week early, so as to not stress them just before slaughter. The year before, we had ham.

We will count our blessings -- not something just relegated to Christmastime -- however among those are the fact that we live in a place where it is still allowed to wish others a Merry Christmas, hang religious icons and businesses can hang Christmas/religious decorations or not as they see fit. Neighbor near us that lives on top of the bluff will likely light up their giant Star of David any day now.

Several churches were destroyed on 8 NOV 2008, when Hurricane Paloma smacked us; All but three are rebuilt and the remaining three are being worked on at an accelerated pace to open prior to Christmas.

Have I used up my quota of typing "Christmas"? ha

m'darlin' and I, as well as others, usually go fishing on Boxing Day, and if successful, a neighborhood feeding will ensue the next day. It is also lobster season right now.

Fireworks are traditional for this time of year, all the way through New Years Day, and I have a great fondness for blowing things up, particularly launched fireworks. Operant words on the fireworks packages: "Adult Supervision!" and "1000g payload" and the ever-popular "Warning! Flaming Balls!"

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by AccessDenied

*mops fevered brow*

Well the "Inflatable Husband" went down a storm, much hilarity.

In other news, the management have cancelled the 1/2 day leave we get the week before Christmas. So in retaliation we took down all the decorations which put up around the office last week.

Isn't Christmas wonderful ?

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Well, my plans have slightly altered.
My next door neighbor is a young guy with a wife and three small kids, and he graciously gives me a ride when I need it (I don't drive) and has shoveled my walkway half a dozen times over the last 2 days.
I just found out that he lost his job, right before Christmas..just as many are losing theirs around here.
Tomorrow he is taking me out shopping for the last of my holiday purchases, and I'm going to surprise him with helping him out with gifts for his family.
I may not be rich, but well enough to offer that, and it's the least I can do when he helps me out and has asked for nothing in return but a thank you.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by AccessDenied

I may not be rich, but well enough to offer that, and it's the least I can do when he helps me out and has asked for nothing in return but a thank you.

I know exactly what you mean AD, as I just spent all of my Christmas money on someone that I thought could use it. Unfortunately, unlike you, I received not so much as a thank you. No note, nothing, it's as if I just didn't exist.

Makes one wonder what some people are all about, and how they sleep at night.

Well they say karma's a bitch..I sure hope so.

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by tristar

Working, pre production on this.....www.autumnharvestmovie.com...

Livin the dream in Tamalewood!

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 05:01 AM
link   
hmm, yeah..
WHATEVER.

[edit on 11-12-2009 by AccessDenied]

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 12:13 PM
link   

I asked for nothing.
What you were expecting was not being offered. And a thank you was given.
I sleep just fine thank you.Finished now?

?????

I have read my post several times and cannot for the life of me figure out what you are on about.
I was responding TO your post, not AT your post.

Even though I don't think I need to explain myself, I shall as you are obviously upset about something.

There is a "working girl" that is a neighbor of mine that I see every night on the street, and she only had a sweater to wear.
As the temperatures continue to drop, I have been worried about her, so went out and spent my Christmas money on a down coat for her.
She never even said thank-you, and even though I am used to such behavior lately, somehow a smile, a thank you would have been most welcome.

I merely intended to point out that there are those that will take and take from people, and never even acknowledge what the other has gone through
to help them, even going so far as to ignore them as if they were a pile of crap on the sidewalk.

Now unless you are a middle aged, anorexic "working girl" named Crystal that is my neighbor, my comments were not directed at you. Only at those that use and abuse those that try to help them by ignoring them.

I sincerely apologize to you if you thought my comments were directed at you, and as I said, I can't figure out where you would have got that assumption from, unless you are feeling guilty about something.

I really hope that you take care of yourself as something is obviously making you a little sensitive these days me thinks.

Please read my original post again and try to see what my intention was and how it was written.

~hugs~

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa
reply to post by tristar

Working, pre production on this.....www.autumnharvestmovie.com...

Livin the dream in Tamalewood!

Interesting story line, look forward to some feedback when available.

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 02:11 PM
link   

A nice quiet Christmas Morning..the smell of turkey wafting through the air the rest of the day..a nice nap on the sofa with a full stomach..ahhhh
As for New Years..I have a prophecy that will either be fulfilled or not. Anything can happen, so we shall see.

May i be so bold as to ask what your prophecy might be, it does seem you are looking forward to it, so i would guess it is something you have been looking forward or should i say hoping for.

Peace.

top topics

join