It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran says needs 20 nuclear sites

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 02:56 AM
link   

Iran says needs 20 nuclear sites

news.yahoo.com

Iran said on Saturday it needed 20 uranium enrichment plants to provide fuel for its nuclear power plants, an announcement likely to heighten tension with six major powers over the Islamic state's nuclear ambitions.

"To provide fuel for our nuclear power plants, we need to have 20 uranium enrichment plants," the official IRNA news agency quoted Ali Akbar Salehi, head of Iran's Atomic Energy Organization, as saying.

In a defiant response to last week's International Atomic Energy Agency vote rebuking Iran for building a second enrichment plant in secret, Tehran said on Sunday it wou
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.reuters.com

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Iran has had nuclear weapon since 1993

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 02:56 AM
link   
Iran needs 20 nuclear sights? Or more balogna plants?

"Iran has one nuclear power plant, under construction by Russia. Analysts say Iran will need many years if not decades for such a major expansion of its enrichment capability."

Iran doesn't even have a nuclear reactor yet!

You only need 20 enrichment sights when you want to make nuclear bombs! Lots of them!

Was it 10 enrichment sights last week! Now 20!

An obvious bluff! Come bomb us and if you don't we know you're not a threat and we can keep doing whatever we want!

Will it be 30 enrichment plants next week?

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 6/12/09 by plumranch]

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 03:02 AM
link   
Agreed. Something smells here.

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 03:47 AM
link   
I say give them what they want, 20 , 30 , 50 , either way its not as if they are going to blow the whole planet up.

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 03:56 AM
link   
Iran allready has an operational reactor in Tehran - built by the USA.

the Russian reactor is completed , and has been for a while now - and *some*would say is allready generating electricty.

anyway - the design is a LPW type - which is totally useless for making plutonium.

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 04:19 AM
link   
reply to post by plumranch

Iran has alot of energy shortages and they want to make money, just like the rest of us. Instead of using their natural energy for electricity they could sell it and move on.

Leave them alone, you have it, why complain about them. That is called double standard which some believe is acceptable. See if New Zealand or New Zealaners complained I would understand, but America and Americans? WTF comes to mind..

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Come bomb us and if you don't we know you're not a threat and we can keep doing whatever we want!

Of course they want an excuse to rally their people, I've said this for months. Come and bomb us please, so we can cry to the Iranian people that we are innocents - that's the new game.

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 08:27 AM
link   
WTF, has it got to do with any other nation how many they have, they don't have to answer to anyone, they are not owned by anyone, leave them alone, this is just someone trying to spark up an excuse to start a war with them.

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 08:35 AM
link   
I don't think anyone has the right to go in and bomb Iran preemptively. But let's not act like the Iranian government aka the Ayatollahs are angels. I mean come on people. We the know the corruption and imperialistic tendencies of the US government. The unjust wars, the behind the scenes regime change that goes one. But the Iranian government run by the Ayatollahs have and always will be fighting a religious war against Sunnis. Iran has been fighting proxy wars against Sunnis forever. I say leave the goddamn middle east and let the Shiites and the Sunnis kill each other off. Islam is just as retarded and backasswards as any organized religion. The fact that the US is drawing a line in the sand and picking sides by our support for Saudi Arabia and other countries is stupid.

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by john124

Of course they want an excuse to rally their people, I've said this for months. Come and bomb us please, so we can cry to the Iranian people that we are innocents - that's the new game.

Rally their people and/or impress the international community!

Ahmad Shirzad, a Tehran nuclear scientist and frequent critic of the government, said Iran had neither the industrial ability to create 500,000 centrifuges nor the basic ingredients to operate them. He characterized the announcement as a "political decision to make an impression" on the international community.

"Viewing the industrial development in Iran for the time being, it is not feasible," he said. "Apart from that, we need lots and lots of raw materials, including uranium, many kinds of alloys and so on to be imported from abroad."

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Iran is playing a dangerous game here.

I am all for them having Nuclear Energy, hell I don't mind them even having a Nuclear Bomb. If all the other industrialized nations in the world get one, then why can't they?

They've been relatively stable as a country for decades save a few protests here and there and a rigged election. If they had a true election and had an actual democracy, then I see no reason to deny them the ability to make their own decisions and not be held back by other nations for no reason other than control of the Middle East.

In any case, they are getting into some boiling water and Israel/US won't put up with very much else on this subject.

You can expect war plans to be presented to the public by late next year, if not earlier.

~Keeper

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Ya i dont know why iran would even want to build a bomb anyways really. i mean whats the point, they're surrounded by nations that have thousands. what can they really do with one bomb?

I like to think they are doing it for peaceful purposes, and that this is all a bunch of western propoganda to get us pumped for war, but iran is now being too suspicious. maybe russia and china have made side deals for them? so they are being extra cocky?

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by oozyism

Iran has alot of energy shortages and they want to make money, just like the rest of us. Instead of using their natural energy for electricity they could sell it and move on.

Leave them alone, you have it, why complain about them. That is called double standard which some believe is acceptable. See if New Zealand or New Zealaners complained I would understand, but America and Americans? WTF comes to mind..

well said.

im sick of my 'leaders' sticking their nose where it doesnt belong.

these colors don't run.........the world.

new topics

top topics

join