It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Lied: Taliban Did Not Refuse to Hand Over Bin Laden

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by impressme
reply to post by TheAgentNineteen

I don’t care what a book says, in my opinion, that was written to do damaged control for the Bush administration and to make profit form it misinformation.

I watched how the media, and government handled the situation when it all happened. After the Taliban caught OBL they went live on the air asking our government for proof they asked for any evidences, anything. There was nothing more from our media or our government about the situations after these few broadcast end of story.

Anyone can write a book.

go to www.opednews.com... and you will see at the top left hand screen "progressive tough liberal". Thats reason enough to question it.

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Personal I think what Obama is right for what he's doing. We are fighing a evil hateful enemies. They want to kill us and give no one freedom. Our natonal secruity rest on the fact that we fight at terroriest home land. The Islam extremmist want to kill us with all there power. They call us the big antichrist. Their book insighs wars on us and all that is not Islam. At all cost we have to keep fighting the evil that disrupts the middle east. They kill the incent, them selves and all that is around them. Obama speach was well said and brought a clear message to the american people and the midde east. On what we are doing, and what we need to do. And he not letin us only work at the war on terror.

America we are not pussies!
America I am prode to say today that Obama I am glade you are our president. You focus on our home - american and the protection of its people. Yes you need to look helping our home better, but of course that the hard part, Obama its so hard to find a job we need help. But our security and protection must come be first!

[edit on 6-12-2009 by slymattb]

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Obama has lied many times.So I belive he did lie.

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Bin Laden is not the only one behind 9/11, there are tons of others also. So whats the point of capturing bin laden only?? thats y Bush called war on Taliban......close this stupid thread.

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by slymattb
Personal I think Obama is right for what he's doing. We are fighing a evil hateful enemies. They want to kill and gave no one freedom. Our natonal secruity rest on the fact that we fight at terroriest home land. The Islam extremmist want to kill us with all there power. They call us the big antichrist. There book insighs wars on us and all that is not Islam. At all cost we have to keep fighting the evil that disrupts the middle east. They kill the incent. Obama speach was well said and and brought a clear message to he american people and the midde east. On what we are doing, what we need to do. And he not letin us only work at the war on terror.

American I am prode to say today that Obama I am glade your our president. Your focus on our home - american and the protection of its people. Yes you need to look helping our home better, but of course that the hard part, Obama its so hard to find a job we need help. God bless american God whom we trust.

They only hate us becuase we are occupying their country on false pretenses and they know it. In their view we are stirpping them of all their established rights, freedoms, and customs to install our view of civilized culture. We bombed their country, this ended up creating a civil war in their country making everyday life a stuggle for survival. No wonder they are pray 5 times a day, they just want to stay alive.

Yeah there are a lot of misinformed religious extremists who don't know any history than what they've seen us do to ther country and loved ones. Who will blow themselves up near a Hummer just to avenge their little brother's death. We wouldn't be fighting Islam if we didn't invade their country illegally and immorally.

God bless american God whom we trust.

Lets go by you and your god's logic. God bless America and F*#$ everybody and their gods.

Would you kill a million people of another religon if your god told you to? You trust him and he blessed America.

[edit on 6-12-2009 by tooo many pills]

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 03:42 PM
link   
I might be off topic and I'm no Obama supporter. But it's sad that you guys do not realize what is actually happening in our government. Obama was voted in for promising change and you could see that he was sincere about it. The problem is that when he actually got into office he realized he couldnt keep his promises. The whole system is set up in a way where you cannot change one part with out drastically impacting another.

In regards to the comments about the Taliban not handing over OBL. I dont have the sources on hand but it has been reported that the Taliban was willing to hand over OBL if we had evidence to support our accusations, but we didnt have any. So, techincally speaking they did refuse to hand him over because we had no evidence.

[edit on 6-12-2009 by shyster55]

[edit on 6-12-2009 by shyster55]

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 04:31 PM
link   
A dead nemesis perpetuated by the US government

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Of course Obama knows of everything thats really gone on. Bush administration Obama administration it doesn't matter. There is no such thing as politcal parties Bush is of course pulling the strings along with his daddy and all the other old timers. Obama's just taking off where Bush left. I meen yea thats very simple and obvious but worth noting

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 05:02 PM
link   
There is no reason to believe anything coming from government, the truth is not in them!

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by impressme

The worm is turning. I wondered how long this would take before the Left turned on him. Thank God it is happening before Cap and Trade puts the last nail in our economic coffin. But that's another topic.

The second linked source I'd take with a grain of salt. Anytime you get a San Francisco Green Blog generated article mixed with info from the Daily Kos, which often fabricates entire stories, you have to not accept it as fact. You have to figure out the tiny seed of truth and separate it from the majority which is intentionally misleading.

Did we actually support Bin Laden or did we follow the time tested rule of "Keep your friends close and your enemies closer"? The later is the most likely here.

Relations with radical extremist and their societies that are ruled by religious fanatics can't ever be a clean business. Is it better to maintain a false front to get information or to stubbornly thumb our nose at them and cut us completely off from information?

The way things should be and the way they must be are separate matters.

It is easy for us here to criticize both Bush and Obama while criticizing from the peanut gallery. It is another to be in the White House directing information gathering in this very dangerous world.

No I have not gone soft here, but I am pragmatic. I don't like either Bush or Obama, nor do I like their policies in many things. I do however see why we have had these relations with extreme elements and why we need them.

The question is how far do you carry it before you go to far. Do you risk say planes being flown into buildings? How long do you follow a bit player around trying to find the heart of the beast? If you wait one day to long people are hurt. If you move a month too soon, people are hurt.

Security is not a Partisan issue. Only a fool would make it so. That is the problem with Obama. He sees our safety as a Partisan issue and he started campaigning for the next election before he took office for his first term. You can expect plenty of lies from him. He is running for office right now.

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 05:46 PM
link   

In regards to the comments about the Taliban not handing over OBL. I dont have the sources on hand but it has been reported that the Taliban was willing to hand over OBL if we had evidence to support our accusations, but we didnt have any. So, techincally speaking they did refuse to hand him over because we had no evidence.

The Taliban didn't refuse to hand Bin Laden over, the Bush administration refused to accept him.

The U.S. charged Bin Laden and Alqeda 9/13/01.
The Taliban held a press conference covered live on CNN on 9/21/01, which they stated that they would hand over Bin Laden if the U.S. gives evidence.

It is the in Loose Change video at 6:20 - 6:50 mins
You can see it here:

video.google.com...#

or google Loose Change Final Cut

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 06:32 PM
link   
If the Taliban REALLY wanted to hurt the US cause in Afghanistan they should have made a video when they caught Osama showing him as a prisoner, Hands cuffed with a bag over his head. And then they could have beheaded him and then asked on the video 'What's your excuse now?!? Go home forigners.'

As said by 'common good' a few posts up - he's a politician of course hes a liar.

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by impressme

I watched how the media, and government handled the situation when it all happened. After the Taliban caught OBL they went live on the air asking our government for proof they asked for any evidences, anything. There was nothing more from our media or our government about the situations after these few broadcast end of story.

No offense but wth were you watching???? The Taliban never "caught" OBL, he was a guest of theirs. They never offered to "hand him over", which is why they got attacked.

Please provide any video of Taliban leaders offering to unilaterally and unconditionally hand over OBL to the U.S.

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Um, why was this tread even made??

Politician = Liar

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by tooo many pills

The Taliban didn't refuse to hand Bin Laden over, the Bush administration refused to accept him.

Exactly,
that is the way it always look to me. The Bush administration did not want Bin Laden because, they knew he was not behind the attacks.

What was the Bush administration going to do if they had him, let him tell the world how he was working for the CIA to the very day of 911.

No, in my “opinion” 911 stinks of a false flag operation and cover-up. Bin Laden was used for “an excuse” to get their war for oil. And control of the oil pipeline in the Caspian sea.

Caspian Sea oil a prize the U.S. wants to control
By Tom Hundley, The Chicago Tribune, Thursday 25 November 1999

Last week, as President Clinton looked on, the leaders of Turkey, Georgia and Azerbaijan signed an agreement to build a new 1,080-mile pipeline that could carry a million barrels of oil a day from the Caspian Sea to the Mediterranean.
The Clinton administration, which in recent months exerted considerable pressure on all parties to get the deal done in time for the Istanbul summit, is hailing the pipeline as a major foreign policy triumph.
This is not just another oil and gas deal, and this is not just another pipeline, said Energy Secretary Bill Richardson. It is a strategic framework that advances America's national security interests. It is a strategic vision for the future of the Caspian region.
Translation: Caspian oil will not have to flow through Russia or Iran to get to the oil-hungry markets of the West.

www.hartford-hwp.com...

U.S. Interest in Caspian Sea Oil to Bring More Trouble for Russia

Mr. Morningstar’s remarks virtually mean that the US administration views the Caspian Sea region as the zone of strategic interests of the West.
Why does the USA pay so much attention to such a remote territory as the Caspian Sea region?
Alexander Rar, a German scientist of politics, said that both the USA in particular and the West on the whole pinned great hopes on the region of the Caspian Sea. There are many other oil and gas deposits in the word, but the Caspian Sea has not been explored thoroughly yet. Furthermore, the extraction of oil and gas resources in the region is not cost-intensive at all.

www.marketoracle.co.uk...

It is all about the oil and the two criminals running the show are oilmen Bush & Cheney.

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 08:46 PM
link   
This Taliban-OBL story is old news. Considering the limited mental capacity of his audience, not really surprised Obama is still able to get more mileage out of this farce.

Military invasions take months to plan, not weeks. Check out this story in Jane's, six months before 9/11. A coalition of forces had already began hostilities against the Taliban, and yes, Washington was involved:

www.janes.com...

Then there is this BBC story of a former Pakistani diplomat, Niaz Naik, stating the USA was planning on attacking the Taliban well before September 11, 2001:

news.bbc.co.uk...

And look at here, the Taliban is also profiting from this war. The following article alleges CIA money makes it way to the Taliban in order to 'protect' the convoy of military and contractor supply vehicles running through the country:

www.guardian.co.uk...

When one examines all of the available information in context, it would not be far fetched to allege the Afghanistan War may have been pre-planned by the same parties who are fighting in it and profiting from it.

Since everything was ready to go, the only thing which was necessary was an incident to incite the masses to get them onside. And on 9/11/01, the War Hawks conveniently got their 'incident', cashed in their chips and went all in.

[edit on 6-12-2009 by SphinxMontreal]

[edit on 6-12-2009 by SphinxMontreal]

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 12:05 AM
link   
i've been a lurker on this site for a year plus. always liked the info that i get here more then other sites that i visit and the fact that alot of you really sound like you know what you are talking about and show proof. having said that i find this whole post makes no sense.
first some of you are jumping on obamas' back for something that was started 8 years ago. running for president might have been in the far back burner for him at that time. so he came into office with this problem that he has to figure out because no matter he does it can look bad for him. pull the troops out to fast and it looks like he quit. leave them in and it looks like he supports the war. lose-lose.
also like some have already said the [resident is the figure head. i truly beleive that a group runs the show and you have to go with their game plan. the president makes his promises and if it does not go against the plans then the promises might see the light of day. if the disrupt the plans then they are buried. it does not matter who the president is.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 02:10 AM
link   
I think most of the statements in the President's speech are debatable.

The speech amounts to a defense of the Bush administration's fraudulent foreign policy and war crimes. West Point is a university level educational institution so one would hope that at least some of the bright young minds in the audience were not taken in by what the Commander in Chief had to say.

Of course the long term effects of such a disingenuous communication by him will be devastating as these people eventually come to realize how they were duped and how the beat of the US war machine just carries on.

One thing the speech made abundantly clear however, is that Obama will not be reinvestigating 9/11. A reinvestigation implies some degree of doubt about what happened and that implies some degree of doubt about the advertised cornerstone of current US foreign policy. It isn't going to happen.

Obama is not part of the solution to the problem of 9/11. He is part of the problem itself.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 02:45 AM
link   
reply to post by ipsedixit

I agree, and if Obama thinks the OS of 911 is true then he has been sadly misinformed, or he has taken part of the cover-up into protecting the last deceitful administration. I have to believe he is protecting the neo-con Republican hawks that are behind 911. I just do not believe a man with that much intelligent could really believe 911 is all true.

What happened to our Congress? What happened about doing the right thing?
I don’t understand why it is taken so long to change these fraudulent foreign policy. What happened to accountability? I do not see anyway this country can dig itself out of this mess; it is only going to get worst.
How do they expect to pay for these two illegal wars? Just so many unanswered questions that the Obama administration will not answer to We The People.

[edit on 7-12-2009 by impressme]

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 03:31 AM
link   

I could not agree more! I was so caught up in the Obama craziness that I was not able to see what a lame-o he is - just like the world!

I only wish I knew who ron paul was before the election. All that we saw was what they wanted us to see - McCain has terrible plans for the country, so that automatically makes Obama the right choice! No independents!

At his inauguration I 180 'd because it sounded EXACTLY like Bush... 4 more years indeed. I am just glad I could not vote, I would have regretted being brainwashed in to it, realising too late he seems right because they WANT him to seem right.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join