It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Lied: Taliban Did Not Refuse to Hand Over Bin Laden

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+29 more 
posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 02:13 AM
link   

Obama Lied: Taliban Did Not Refuse to Hand Over Bin Laden

Obama slipped past a real doozy Tuesday night when he said the Taliban refused to hand over bin Laden. It just ain't so. They tried three times to open negotiations for this, but Bush refused each time. He wanted to bomb people so badA senior Taliban minister has offered a last-minute deal to hand over Osama bin Laden during a secret visit to Islamabad, senior sources in Pakistan told the Guardian last night... it hurt. From its first days in office in January of 2001 the Administration of George W. Bush meant to launch military attacks against both Afghanistan and Iraq. The reasons had nothing to do with terrorism.

This is beyond dispute. The mainstream press has either ignored the story or missed it completely, but the Administration's congenital belligerence is fully documented elsewhere.

Attacking a sovereign nation unprovoked, however, directly violates the charter of the United Nations. It is an international crime. The Bush Administration would need credible justification to proceed with its plans.

The terrorist violence of September 11, 2001 provided a spectacular opportunity. In the cacophony of outrage and confusion, the Administration could conceal its intentions, disguise the true nature of its premeditated wars, and launch them. The opportunity was exploited in a heartbeat.

Within hours of the attacks, President Bush declared the U.S. "...would take the fight directly to the terrorists," and "...he announced to the world the United States would make no distinction between the terrorists and the states that harbor them." [1] Thus the "War on Terror" was born.

The "War on Terror" is patently fraudulent, but the essence of successful propaganda is repetition, and the Bush Administration has repeated its mantra endlessly:

www.opednews.com...

I am now convinced that Obama is protection the Bush administration in their false flag operation, of killing three thousand American people.

Either Obama is terrible misinformed by his advisers of how the Taliban caught Bin Laden and held him, waiting for the US government to give the Taliban some proof any proof, that OBL committed and orchestrated 911. The US government did not have any evidences to give to the Taliban, nothing. The Taliban released OBL, this is a fact.

Now eight year’s later, FBI translator- whistleblower Sibel Edmonds informs us that OBL was working for our government all the way to 911.

Ryland: A Sibel Edmonds 'Bombshell' - Bin Laden Worked for U.S. Until 9/11

During my recent interview with FBI translator-turned-whistleblower Sibel Edmonds on the Mike Malloy Show, a caller had asked her opinion on whether she believed 9/11 to have been "an inside job."

After explaining the difference between what she does and doesn't know first hand, she went on to explain: "I have information about things that our government has lied to us about. I know. For example, to say that since the fall of the Soviet Union we ceased all of our intimate relationship with Bin Laden and the Taliban - those things can be proven as lies, very easily, based on the information they classified in my case, because we did carry very intimate relationship with these people, and it involves Central Asia, all the way up to September 11." ...

www.bradblog.com...

Looks, to me that Obama is a bad lair, most people remembers both of these big events.
I remember Obama saying that there is no one above the laws of our land I remember him preaching that government have to be accountable. I remember Obama saying we are going to have transparency in this government. Yeah right! We are all suckers including me, who bought into his lies.

As far as I am concern, we should have let George Bush have another four more years because we wouldn’t have noticed any different. More of the same, which is all we got.
Obama is just as a bad a lair as George Bush.

What was our government going to do with Bin Laden if they had him? Bin Laden would have blown the whistle on all his CIA projects and meetings, something our government would not want to get out to the public. If that ever happened then our government wouldn’t have a BOOGGY MAN. BOOO! = Terrorism.

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 02:34 AM
link   
Impressme,They have another boogy man ready remember Muqtada Al Sadr and his Suni militia? a few years ago he became an Ayatollah so if things don't work out in AfPack they can always wheel him out build him and his people up as a threat connected to Iran and TPTB will still have their war.

[edit on 023131p://3426 by mike dangerously]

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 02:35 AM
link   
Ohhhhhhh, You just cant call Obama a liar, look at what youhave done. You got this thread marked under "thread Alert" before anyone got the chance to post. WOW. Good job. Now be prepared for all of Obamas ATS back-up to come in here to defend him.
My opinion-Hes a politician, of course hes a liar.

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 02:51 AM
link   
I have been saving this one in my Avatar file.

Might as well pull it out for the thread.

[center][atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/35d1d3522734.jpg[/atsimg][/center]

[edit on 12/6/2009 by endisnighe]

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 02:59 AM
link   
Well both of you are right, funny I didn’t think about the Obama supporters when I was writing this thread. I had tunneled vision on Obama as I was comparing him to George Bush. LOL I really don’t see what good he has done for America since he has been in office. Nothing but prolonged these two illegal wars and I don’t care what excuses Obama gives, he promised to end these wars he lied. 30,000 more troops that’s not ending a war. Now he lies about the Bush administration, how can the man hold his head up in public.

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 03:10 AM
link   
The Taliban did CONSIDER handing over Bin Laden, but NO, they never did actually offer him up.

You should read the book "Three Cups of Tea" by Greg Mortenson. He actually discusses a run in he had with a Taliban representative in Pakistan at the time (They crossed eachothers paths while having some breakfast in a Hotel lobby), and he mentioned that the individual discussed with him the fact that they were currently debating amongst eachother as to whether or not they should hand over Bin Laden to the United States. However, that idea never went past a discussion (because a majority of the Taliban leaders refused to do so obviously). You have to realize that Bin Laden was the money man behind the Taliban, and that exists on top of the fact that they shared common ideologies.

If you want to talk about anyone who refused a hand over of Bin Laden, then you should concentrate on President Clinton and the offers he received from Sudan, and the multiple times he also received the same from Ahmad Shah Massoud in Afghanistan.

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 03:26 AM
link   
reply to post by TheAgentNineteen

I don’t care what a book says, in my opinion, that was written to do damaged control for the Bush administration and to make profit form it misinformation.

I watched how the media, and government handled the situation when it all happened. After the Taliban caught OBL they went live on the air asking our government for proof they asked for any evidences, anything. There was nothing more from our media or our government about the situations after these few broadcast end of story.

Anyone can write a book.

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 03:32 AM
link   
Impressme, with the information available to you, your conclusion seems justified . . . but remember, this news may be disinformation.

I have no evidence for this, it's just a hunch, but I'm more inclined to believe that OBL has been dead for a very long time; perhaps even before 9-11.

[edit on 12/6/2009 by JPhish]

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 04:07 AM
link   
reply to post by impressme

It is funny how this information is well available yet no attention have been given to it. There is this idea, if something exists and you give no attention to it, it might as well not exist.

That is what they have done in regards to this information. I mean forgod sakes you can find this beanie babies in Wikipedia. Just type "War in Afghanistan Wiki" and click the first link. Everything is there..

It might as well not exist..

Less than one week after the events of September 11, 2001, U.S. President George W. Bush identified Osama Bin Laden as the 'prime suspect' in the attacks.[48] Osama bin Laden was understood to be in Afghanistan at the time. On September 20, 2001, in an address to a joint session of Congress, President Bush issued an ultimatum[49] demanding that the Taliban government of Afghanistan:

-deliver al-Qaeda leaders located in Afghanistan to the United States authorities

-release all imprisoned foreign nationals, including American citizens[50]

-protect foreign journalists, diplomats, and aid workers in Afghanistan

-close terrorist training camps in Afghanistan and "hand over every terrorist and every person and their support structure to appropriate authorities"

-give the United States full access to terrorist training camps to verify their closure

"They will hand over the terrorists or they will share in their fate," said Bush. No specifics were attached to the threat, though there followed a statement suggesting military action: "Our war on terror begins with al Qaeda, but it does not end there."

The Taliban government responded through their embassy in Pakistan, asserting that there was no evidence in their possession linking bin Laden to the September 11 attacks. They also stressed that bin Laden was a guest in their country. Pashtun and Taliban codes of behavior require that guests be granted hospitality and asylum.[51]

On September 22, 2001, the United Arab Emirates, and on the following day, Saudi Arabia withdrew their recognition of the Taliban as the legal government of Afghanistan, leaving neighboring Pakistan as the only remaining country with diplomatic ties.[citation needed]

On October 7, 2001, before the onset of military hostilities, the Taliban offered to try bin Laden in Afghanistan in an Islamic court.[52] This offer was rejected by the U.S., and the bombing of targets within Afghanistan by U.S. and British forces commenced the same day.

On October 14, 2001, seven days into the U.S./British bombing campaign, the Taliban offered to surrender bin Laden to a third country for trial, if the bombing halted and they were shown evidence of his involvement in the September 11 terrorist attacks. This offer was also rejected by Bush, who declared "b]There's no need to discuss innocence or guilt. We know he's guilty." [53]

The United Nations Security Council (UNSC) did not authorize the U.S.-led military campaign in Afghanistan (Operation Enduring Freedom). There is some debate as to whether UNSC authorization was required, centered around the question of whether the invasion was an act of collective self-defense provided for under Article 51 of the UN Charter, or an act of aggression.[54]

The Bush administration did not declare war, and labeled Taliban troops and supporters terrorists rather than soldiers, denying them the protections of the Geneva Convention and due process of law. This position has been successfully challenged in the U.S. Supreme Court[55] and questioned even by military lawyers responsible for prosecuting affected prisoners.[56]

On December 20, 2001, the UNSC did authorize the creation of an International Security Assistance Force (ISAF) with authority to take all measures necessary to fulfill its mandate of assisting the Afghan Interim Authority in maintaining security.[57] Command of the ISAF passed to NATO on August 11, 2003.[58]

[edit on 6-12-2009 by oozyism]

Mod edit: Please don't circumvent the censors

[edit on 12/7/2009 by junglejake]

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 04:19 AM
link   

On October 7, 2001, before the onset of military hostilities, the Taliban offered to try bin Laden in Afghanistan in an Islamic court.[52] This offer was rejected by the U.S., and the bombing of targets within Afghanistan by U.S. and British forces commenced the same day.

On October 14, 2001, seven days into the U.S./British bombing campaign, the Taliban offered to surrender bin Laden to a third country for trial, if the bombing halted and they were shown evidence of his involvement in the September 11 terrorist attacks. This offer was also rejected by Bush, who declared "There's no need to discuss innocence or guilt. We know he's guilty." [53]

This alone, should be really suspicious. Really, they knew OBL is “guilty,” the government had admitted they had no real evidences.

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 04:25 AM
link   
Originally posted by impressme

Forget about fishy lol, you can't just freaken bomb a country because you and you alone know who did it. If Bush was so sure it was OBL why didn't he provide evidence and keep the law and order.

The agenda behind the Afghan and Iraq war is still a mystery to me.

Many conspiracies have been brought up but a conspiracy is a conspiracy and nothing more. We can't know the real story until a revolution occures in the US and all those secret information which has been protected and hidden due to national security comes out.

[edit on 6-12-2009 by oozyism]

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 04:46 AM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

I agree, but I don’t really see a revolution in the United States, how are the people going to upraise against a government that is the most powerful with the most advance military in the world. The (we the people) do not have a chance now with our little shot guns, LOL are no match to our military lasers, sound weapons, and chemicals bio warfare.

There is nothing that we can do unless the military decides to defend the people and the only way that can happened is the entire military in all branches would have to turn on our corrupt administration all at once. But, I don’t see that ever happening, there would have to be a leader in the military to push this and that will never happened. I hate to say it but the same cabal that had a strong hold of the Kennedy’s era now has their tentacles’ on the Obama’s administration as well as the past Bush administration.

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 04:57 AM
link   

Where is bin Laden? Secretary Gates Says No Intel in 'Years'

Defense Secretary Robert Gates told me that the U.S. has not had any good intelligence on the whereabouts of Osama bin Laden in "years."
He also couldn’t confirm reports that a detainee in Pakistan had claimed that he had information on where bin Laden was earlier this year. He made the startling admission during my interview with him for "This Week" airing Sunday.
Here's the exchange:
GEORGE STEPHANOPOULOS: "The Pakistani Prime Minister shrugged off any concerns about that this week, about whether or not he’d done enough to go after Osama bin Laden. He said he doesn’t believe Osama is in Pakistan. Is he right and do you think the Pakistanis have done enough to get him?"
DEFENSE SECRETARY ROBERT GATES: "Well, we don’t know for a fact where Osama bin Laden is. If we did, we’d go get him"
GEORGE STEPHANOPOULOS: "What was the last time we had any good intelligence on where he was?
DEFENSE SECRETARY ROBERT GATES: "I think it’s been years."
GEORGE STEPHANOPOULOS: "Years?!"
DEFENSE SECRETARY ROBERT GATES: "I think so."
GEORGE STEPHANOPOULOS: "So these reports that came out just this week about a detainee saying he might have seen him in Afghanistan earlier this year, we can’t confirm that?
Gates: No."

You can watch the complete interview with Gates and Secretary Clinton Sunday on "This Week."

blogs.abcnews.com...

LOL, I believe the government was hoping OBL would just vanish into thin air, perhaps he did. Shushs, we are hunting OBL, shush
I think the CIA ran out of convincing lies.

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 06:54 AM
link   
reply to post by impressme

Congratulations!
You finally got it. All politicians are liars. Left and right are just inventions to keep the masses entertained. No difference in the agenda.

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 07:09 AM
link   

here is the speech

The daily show's full take on the speech:
www.thedailyshow.com...

[edit on 6-12-2009 by conar]

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by impressme
reply to post by oozyism

I agree, but I don’t really see a revolution in the United States, how are the people going to upraise against a government that is the most powerful with the most advance military in the world. The (we the people) do not have a chance now with our little shot guns, LOL are no match to our military lasers, sound weapons, and chemicals bio warfare.

There is nothing that we can do unless the military decides to defend the people and the only way that can happened is the entire military in all branches would have to turn on our corrupt administration all at once. But, I don’t see that ever happening, there would have to be a leader in the military to push this and that will never happened. I hate to say it but the same cabal that had a strong hold of the Kennedy’s era now has their tentacles’ on the Obama’s administration as well as the past Bush administration.

The people would revolt regardless of the odds if/when things get to the breaking point (whatever/whenever that may be). Remember that 'we the people' are made up of not only citizens, but veterans. Many of which had boots on the battlefield experience and would most likely be the best choices for leadership and direction in such a time. What 'we the people' need to stop doing is viewing this as a hopeless situation if/when it comes to revolution. Through history intelligent soldiers have disregarded orders they personally deemed unlawful and will continue to do so until the end of days. TPTB will win however only if no one is willing to sacrifice all in a revolution. I have no doubt that a revolution would get messy, but I for one would rather die fighting on my feet then cowering at the feet of tyrants.

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 07:13 AM
link   
Obama don't know what hes saying man, he just reads what they put out there for him to say. He really doesn't have a clue about things, he can just speak well for a black man so he won over everybody last year. He even had me with all that good talking, especially when he said he was a christian and than the very next breath said he was for abortion, I lost my buzz and said wait a minute.

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 07:17 AM
link   
WOW, another Obama bashing post!
How very American.

Just for the record, the Joint Allied Reconnaissance Intelligence Agency KNOWS where Osama bin Laden is, right down to which particular cave complex he is in near Tora Bora.

They KNOW that he (apparently) suffers from Parenchymal kidney disease and they know that each month, a caravan travels across the mountains to provide the medical treatment he needs.

The reason they have not captured OBL is quite simple. He is of better use to them alive and under constant observation, than dead.

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 07:40 AM
link   
You are all pawns of American society, there is no obama, there is no democrats, there is no republicans, there is no bush...

these are the public figures, for the losers like you to focus on instead of seeing the big picture. If you honestly think obama is the one you are sadly mistaken,

hate him for being a puppet, but dont hate him for bringing whatever you believe he is bringing on our country?

which i still dont understand why you think things are going bad.. everything happens for a reason... if you dont realize there is major power struggles going on around the world, underground coups of organizations that control the governments that you will never hear about.

basically without going into much more detail, the state of the USA is exactly where it has to be right now. the Dollar must fall... Who knows why? because when the dollar falls, everyone elses does. Making other countries with weak money do deals for cheaper and more desperately.

The US is in it for the long haul people, these guys arnt planning 50 years ahead, they are planning 1000's of years ahead. wake the hell up.

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 07:43 AM
link   
reply to post by ch1ldofthe70s

I agree, the odds won't matter when people decide 'enough'. In addition to all the veterans there are the Oath Keepers. I certainly hope in never comes to that but its not hopeless if it does.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join