It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IRS to Enforce newest gun legistlation?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 12:18 AM
link   
HR 45 Blair Holt's Firearm Licensing and Recording Act 2009, bill number SB 2099.
appearantly a bill has been passed through the Finance Committe written into legistlative law without being put to a vote by either the House or the Senate. Can this be true? This law will require you to list ALL weapons you own on a 1040 form and submit it with your federal taxes! Since when is it IRS's responsibilty to enforce gun laws..I thought that was the ATF department's business. We have licensing lawa already in existence today why is the IRS getting involved!
For those of you who dont own guns, dont believe in the "Right to Bare Arms" this may mean nothing. There are those Americans like myself and many others who own weapons, had them all their lives, kept them safe from childern and "known criminals" and value the right to protect their homes, businesses and personal safety. I'll not wait 30 minutes for the police to arrive to help save me from some who has violated the scantiy of my own home.. I'll do it myself, and they can come clean up the mess. Both my sons grew up knowing the right, the responsibilty and the freedom surrounding owning private firearms and now own their own weapons.
In review, NO we cannot trust our government to do whats best for its people..not anymore.. trust yourself, your family and those neighbors that you know care about the safety of their community!

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 12:50 AM
link   
This sounds like a new plan for gun control...pay a tax for every firearm you own. Well the gooberment can suck it!

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 01:24 AM
link   
reply to post by jbmitch

According to this: www.washingtonwatch.com... - Washingtonwatch.com

It's being passed from committee to committee - it hasn't been passed into law anywhere yet and no votes have been taken on it.

I'm guessing it' getting passed around because no one wants to touch it.

EDIT: I did some more digging, this bill is old. This goes back to the beginning of the year in January.. i'm guessing it was squashed already. I can't find anything resent on it.

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 01:37 AM
link   
Since i have not payed or filed a tax return since 2002 i guess they will have to find another way to get me to report my guns.
Better luck next time.

www.snopes.com...

HR 45 Blair Holt's Firearm Licensing and Recording Act 2009, bill number SB 2099.
apparently a bill has been passed through the Finance Committee written into legislative law without being put to a vote by either the House or the Senate.

Laws can not be made that way so it would never become law unless it was passed by both house and senate.
Any other way would be a violation of the constitution.
This would mean no one would have to abide by the non/unconstitutional law.

What do the teach in high school these days that someone would fall for this stupid rumor.

[edit on 6-12-2009 by ANNED]

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 01:51 AM
link   
Even if, what guns?

I do not know what u talking bout.

Registration and listing of guns is the first step in seizure.

Ask our friends in Russia, England, Australia, Canada amongst others.

Dead fingers is all I say.

Thermonuclear device? What Thermonuclear device?

Just got your thread in the check list for tomorrow at the DHS flagged comments section, at the internet investigation department.

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 02:11 AM
link   
reply to post by jbmitch

Cmon friend - you have been a member since 2004. Provide a source, something. You dont get a free ride just because you put a question mark on the end of it. This move would be phenominally detrimental if it ever came to pass or happen. What are you trying to do start a war?

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 02:43 AM
link   
reply to post by WWJFKD

I'm currently in Iraq and the net is up and down so unreliable to do long seasrches or downloads (cant view U-Tube posts). This was sent to me by an X-marine friend of mine. I put it up because I respect the voracity of ATS moderators and many of the regulars,so I trust their responses more than any media I can think of. And I've been visting this site since about 2000 left the Black Vault they got soft!
If you do your homework you'll find that the IRS bill cocerning peronal income was passed without a majority (presence aka vote) in the senate and you know the rest of the story on that issue! Our governement no longer serves the people ..we serve it! When was the last time you had the opperturnity vote on a Federal Tax bill or expendure..what our elected represetatives?
Which of your elected representatives will tell you about the millions of tax dollars that are burned daily in the burn pits here in Iraq or the millions in equipement and hard stand buildings that will be left behind as we execute our exit stragey.
My point we can no longer trust our governement to what is best for the American people.

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 02:49 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnPhoenix

So it is a real proposal that has not gotten anywhere, and its origin was from the Obama administration.. that should tell you something about their intent even if its not successful.

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 04:09 AM
link   
reply to post by jbmitch

Keep your head low and your powder dry. Come home safe.

Were holding down the fort here best we can. We are definitely keeping our thumb on top of them at all times.

Yes as ridiculous as it sounds they really did propose this bill so this along with others has made their intentions quite visible to all.

Keep focused on what youre doing there. We got this.

Defensor Fortis

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 07:10 AM
link   
This has been proven a hoax even by ammo land.

ammoland.com/2009/07/24/gun-bill-sb-2099/

But we must still keep our eyes open for these libs.

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 07:40 AM
link   
It took NINE posts before anyone even tried to vet this claim. This hoax has circulated for over a year. Emails keep going out, people keep posting it here and everyone gets their panties in a twist.

Thanks j2000 for turning on the light. C'mon guys, we're better than this.

top topics

join