It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I met Stanton Friedman today.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 11:11 PM
link   
I was at the TN chapter MUFON meeting today in Murfreesboro and got to meet Stanton Friedman and hear his lecture on Flying Saucers and Science. I bought his book by the same title and he autographed it for me. I even got a picture with him. He is a really nice guy and very knowledgeable. If he can't convince you that aliens are visiting our planet, no one can!

I was very impressed with his presentation.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f6628885e936.jpg[/atsimg]

It was a great day and the TN chapter of MUFON did a fine job putting it all together.

Ex

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Maybe it's just me,
BUT...
you both look like aliens!
Then again it may just be the glasses

Glad it was fun for ya....Just pullin your leg

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Hahaha... Naaaa We're not... You didn't see anything.

It was Swamp Gas!

Ok fine - here is the original

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/65c1b58cafd8.jpg[/atsimg]

[edit on 12/5/2009 by sagestranger]

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Im curious, he seems to be looking at the camera, and you seem distracted by something else

What could've grabbed your attention away from the camera?

Oh, and KUDOS!!!!

I haven't meant anyone famous for a long time..

I think I met hilary duff, but that was years ago, and just saw her on the street.

Oh and what book does he have out? (too lazy to look it up myself, and you can give a review) i'm all out of books to read on my bookshelf...

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Did you ask him why he hasn't updated his website in over 6 months?...............

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Republican08

Don't know what I might have been looking at, could have been anything as I think I probably have a little bit of A.D.D.. He has several books which I can't remember all the names of them right now, but the one I got was Flying Saucers and Science. Which also happened to be the subject of his lecture. I bought the book before I knew what he was talking on, so I thought that was a neat little bit of synchronicity.
I haven't read anything beyond the dedication yet, but when I get into it I'll definitely post a review! I did notice it has several photo copies of various government papers that he has collected ( but I think I'm going to have to buy a big magnifying glass to read them).

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Toxicsurf
Did you ask him why he hasn't updated his website in over 6 months?...............

No but I imagine it has something to do with his lecture tour that he's on. He lives in Canada and today he was all the way down here in TN.

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by sagestranger
I was at the TN chapter MUFON meeting today in Murfreesboro and got to meet Stanton Friedman and hear his lecture on Flying Saucers and Science. I bought his book by the same title and he autographed it for me. I even got a picture with him. He is a really nice guy and very knowledgeable. If he can't convince you that aliens are visiting our planet, no one can!

I was very impressed with his presentation.

It was a great day and the TN chapter of MUFON did a fine job putting it all together.

I met him in 1978 and I was never convinced, as you are, that he knows anything more than any ATS member. No one has special knowledge, only what's in the public record which is not always accurate. Stanton has made tons of money convincing the gullible of events that never happened.

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 12:16 AM
link   
I've seen this guy on so many UFO programs over the years, but have yet to read a book of his. I'd love to meet him.

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Shrike

I met him in 1978 and I was never convinced, as you are, that he knows anything more than any ATS member. No one has special knowledge, only what's in the public record which is not always accurate. Stanton has made tons of money convincing the gullible of events that never happened.

If you think the ATS members are as educated as nuclear physicists and have read all the LONG boring government documents and reports that Friedman has you are either terribly mistaken or I'm way out of my league here.

[edit on 12/6/2009 by sagestranger]

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by diccolo
I've seen this guy on so many UFO programs over the years, but have yet to read a book of his. I'd love to meet him.

He is very nice and easy to talk to. I sort of thought he might be a snobby geeky type but he's very down to earth.

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 12:37 AM
link   
I've met him a couple of times and heard him speak often in the flesh. Stan's a fairly regular presenter at many UFO conferences, trade shows, symposiums, fan clubs, and the like.

He's got a decent spiel and comes across as quite knowledgeable, no-nonsense, even perhaps a bit dogmatic in his thinking. He also has given me the impression that he's got little patience for anyone, especially skeptics, that don't agree with his lines of thought.

In a way, that's a good thing for those of here at ATS that often struggle to have a voice among a cacophony of implausible deniers in public. So, all the power to him!

If you go to his web site, by the way, you can get many of his books autographed and shipped directly. Of course, he does massive amounts of book-signings at the conferences. Lets' face it - this is now his full-time "occupation". Although he's not a PhD, he often peppers his talks with his "nuclear physicist" background, though it seems he hasn't done any work even remotely connected to that field in decades. For all intents and purposes, Mr. Friedman, like Greer, Maars, Howe, Salla, Hopkins, Webre, et al, are now "working the circuit" full-time. That's fine - I'm not criticizing it - but let's be honest: photo ops, book signings, public speaking - it's all de rigeur for these entrepreneurial folks.

Funny how with all that brain power and communication skills none of them have been yet able to produce the excruciatingly elusive single piece of irrefutable evidence we all are waiting for.

Stan loves holding up FOIA docs with large sections redacted (blackened out). Linda chases drones and sliced-up cows. Greer has love-ins on the mountain tops (for a small fee, of course). Hopkins does the hypno-regression skit. Salla is working the exo-political angle. Donations welcomed by all, naturally.

*yawn* *sigh*

One day, maybe the real thing will be brought up on stage. Until then...

Happy trails boys and girls...

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by sagestranger

Originally posted by The Shrike

If you think the ATS members are as educated as nuclear physicists and have read all the LONG boring government documents and reports that Friedman has you are either terribly mistaken or I'm way out of my league here.

[edit on 12/6/2009 by sagestranger]

In 1970 Friedman departed full-time employment as a physicist to pursue the scientific investigation of UFOs. He's a professional UFOlogist. However, he doesn't employ science to investigate UFOs, he employs good ol' bs.

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 01:20 AM
link   
Then you obviously do not actually follow Friedman, if you think that. He is the most unbiased, "show me the facts" ufo researcher out there.

Unlike a Sitchen, who will roll out 10 books with his own opinions, based on nothing but biased, unfounded research, Friedman spends 10 years heavily researching one story, before he publishes anything.

Dunno why you are so bitter about Friedman, unless of course, you are a the typical, run of the mill debunker who disagrees with anything UFO.

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by fleabit
Then you obviously do not actually follow Friedman, if you think that. He is the most unbiased, "show me the facts" ufo researcher out there.

Unlike a Sitchen, who will roll out 10 books with his own opinions, based on nothing but biased, unfounded research, Friedman spends 10 years heavily researching one story, before he publishes anything.

Dunno why you are so bitter about Friedman, unless of course, you are a the typical, run of the mill debunker who disagrees with anything UFO.

Jim Moseley, more respected in UFOlogy than Stanton will ever be, says in Saucer Smear, Aug. 15, '05, "Ole Stan is thus accused (not for the first time) of being a shameless self-promoter, willing to overlook ludicrous UFO claims for the sake of (god help us!) Money."

Oops, I just looked at the clock and it's 2:40am in NYC. I'll continue later.

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 03:47 AM
link   
I heard Friedman lecture in the 70's at my local college when I was in high school. I remember the "Cosmic Watergate" term he used as his hook. Remember that the Watergate political scandal was still fresh in everyones minds. I saw Stanton again ths year and enjoyed him all over again too.

I saw the TV show "The Invaders" when it aired in the 60's and have been hooked on UFO's ever since. Friedman is about a plugged in as they get. Glad we've got him.

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 03:59 AM
link   
reply to post by sagestranger

Very nice picture of the both of you.

His website is here: www.stantonfriedman.com... (many very interesting articles)

I've been a big fan of his for years. Mr. Friedman has always struck me as a most intellegent, really down to earth and straight forward person.

[edit on 6-12-2009 by ofhumandescent]

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 04:31 AM
link   
reply to post by The Shrike

Well when you have all the degrees, education and experience as Stan, I quess you could say that, however, for now the way you speak and act, your about 500 years from Stans league bud.

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Original Air Date: 9/5/2008 12:00 PM
The UFO Town Meeting!

This show will deal with the UFO enigma andwhat the truth is. I will have on my show guests such as Dennis Balthaser, Stanton Friedman, and others pro and con that will show how the UFO Enigma has effected us in the world today!

www.blogtalkradio.com...

main page
www.blogtalkradio.com...

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Excellent pic.

Heres a younger version of Stan from when he appeared on the Deyo diaries - damn funky threads

Found at 26:06

Google Video Link

Cheers.

[edit on 02/10/08 by karl 12]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join