It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A different kind of eye phenomenon ..need help

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 08:56 PM
link   
I was hoping someone might be able to shed some light on this phenomenon that I've been experiencing my whole life. I decided to bring this up after reading a few threads concerning objects in the sky.

When I look into a bright sky, I'm seeing dozens of arrow shaped shadows that converge into the center of my vision of each eye. It looks just like a targeting system. These arrows start from the corner of my vision and moves towards the center of my vision followed by other arrows coming from different corners of my vision converging onto one spot.

This looks JUST like a targeting system from a movie, The funny thing is that I can determine the EXACT spot I'm looking at because of the convergence of these arrows that get sucked towards this vortex in the center of my eye.

Has anyone experienced this? If so, I'd love to hear any insight. Nothing turns up on Google, no matter what I type. Am I a terminator? lol? Seriously...am I?

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Maybe you have floaters which have the shape you mentioned. The floaters occur only when looking at sky or any other plain coloured brightly lit objects. I have had floaters as long as I can remember, and if you move around your eyes, you can even change their shape.

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 09:27 PM
link   
I am not being coy,

but perhaps you should take up billiards... having that sort of precision pin pointing may actually lead to some serious natural pool playing ability.

-wx

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by peacejet
Maybe you have floaters which have the shape you mentioned. The floaters occur only when looking at sky or any other plain coloured brightly lit objects. I have had floaters as long as I can remember, and if you move around your eyes, you can even change their shape.

I have the floaters too, those semi transparent dark random shapes, some of the wormlike that you have to visually chase in order to directly look at them.

But these things are perfect triangular shapes that move in perfect straight lines towards the center of my vision. They're pretty big too. If your fist is my vision, one of the arrows is about as big as your fingernail. Perfect triangular arrows that move in a straight line towards the center of my vision. You can see through them but they are darkish.

Almost like my eyes are saying "Target aquired, fire when ready!"

what the hell is this I'm going through? Had it for 40 years.

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by wx4caster

Bahahha, classic!! so true!. could think of some other ways to harness such a power also.

Arrows?? really ?

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by wx4caster
I am not being coy,

but perhaps you should take up billiards... having that sort of precision pin pointing may actually lead to some serious natural pool playing ability.

-wx

That was really funny!
I think floaters may be the explanation,i also have them but you may have a special kind though.

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 09:53 PM
link   

I am not being coy,

-wx

LOL! So true! Might give that some thought. hehe.

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 09:58 PM
link   
I would recommend a visit to an ophthalmologist. You only get one set of eyeballs. Don't mess around, if something is wrong you want to know about it now!

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by upnorthtrip

I am not being coy,

-wx

That was really funny!
I think floaters may be the explanation,i also have them but you may have a special kind though.

Must be very unique indeed. But they don't seem to interfere with my normal floaters that around swishing around inside my eyes, it's as if they are signal phenomenon from within the optic nerve itself. The eerie part is that they go inward in perfect organization, speed and consistency. One after another like a natural hypnotizing mechanism.

I can almost say that there are about 10 spokes radiating outwards from the center of my eye, and these arrows move along those tracks PERFECTLY. Every day, all day.

I'm really trying to find out what's going on, because it's just too strange. Anybody had this? There not floaters that's for sure. And their not that silver dot phenomenon either... hmm....

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 10:04 PM
link   
wow finally some one else. I also experience this! I normally only see this effect when I stare at the blue sky and white clouds. Its pretty amazing and I've had this sight since I was a kid. When I was little, I noticed that when I would do it for a long period of time 15-20 minutes, it would rain shortly after. Please I know that is ridiculous and I've never purposely done it since I thought I was messing with a big "Unknown." I'm more open to it as of today since I finally found some one online who has and sees these targeting triangles. I'm really looking forward to seeing how this thread goes. S+F for you juzchilln.

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kaworu
wow finally some one else. I also experience this! I normally only see this effect when I stare at the blue sky and white clouds. Its pretty amazing and I've had this sight since I was a kid. When I was little, I noticed that when I would do it for a long period of time 15-20 minutes, it would rain shortly after. Please I know that is ridiculous and I've never purposely done it since I thought I was messing with a big "Unknown." I'm more open to it as of today since I finally found some one online who has and sees these targeting triangles. I'm really looking forward to seeing how this thread goes. S+F for you juzchilln.

ALAS I'm not alone!!! I here's a little diagram of what I see except these arrows are moving inwards.. Is this sort of what you're seeing?

[edit on 5-12-2009 by juzchilln]

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 10:30 PM
link   
I've experienced what OP describes. I really doubt they're floaters as I watch those from time to time as well. This is different.

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by eNumbra
I've experienced what OP describes. I really doubt they're floaters as I watch those from time to time as well. This is different.

I can't tell you what a relief this is to hear that I'm not alone. What do you guys think this is? I provided a link (above) showing a sketch of what I'm seeing.

It bewilders me why I can not find anything about this on the net, no matter what key words I use.

Kaworu, I too have had strange weather phenomenon happen that I couldn't really explain. It would usually happen when I stared at the sky for long periods of time. I wish I could remember the specifics. But I've not paid any attention to them for the past 15 years or so. Now it's beginning to resurface into my mind...
In fact, just few days ago, I was staring at the bright blue California sky for a few minutes and it rained that night!!!!!!

I'm a RAIN MAN!!!!! or a terminator.........

[edit on 5-12-2009 by juzchilln]

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Yea they aren't floaters Lol because I see this too and I can definitely tell the difference.

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 10:57 PM
link   
To be honest I always chalked it up to having to do with the way the rods and cones in the eye "saturate" (you know when you stare at an image for a while and can then view it's inverse on a blank wall or screen).

I don't remember if they were ever simultaneous, and I think I remember them only being on the sides sort of like a squashed X rather than the wheel spokes another poster described. I'll have to try to observe them again though.

[edit on 12/5/2009 by eNumbra]

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Well explained OP as in what it seems like when you see these "arrows", to me they are almost wave like. If you find anything out specifically, let me know because I don't believe there is any "condition" that is labelled yet.

And as posted before me... finally not the only one. It is hard to explain to others.

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Choiseul

Definitely. It's hard to believe that something this strange isn't anywhere on the web. Have you experienced any strange occurrences with it?

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by juzchilln

Sorry for the lack of good timing on the response! heh

As for any experiences ... well not many. It comes and goes, sometimes it is more frequent, other times it is not.. rather sporadic..hmm...

lets say, for example, I am driving... The arrows are a bit larger and it seems very .. well.. large.
If I focus more close to me, it is a bit smaller. I have no clue when it is. The only idea I can fathom at this moment would be something to do with the 3rd eye ?

It happens more times though when I am outside vs. inside... I think.

new topics

join