It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tiny dots in the air wherever I look!

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 11:56 PM
link   
I have not read this whole thread, nor will I....
But I figure those dots, which looks like swirling little sperm, are just the cell in front of your pupil.. that appear larger, visible and magnified due to light and their proximity to your viewing point.

/100%surebutcouldbewrong =)

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by berrygurrl
reply to post by Indigo_Child

You really seem to grasp what I am talking about and have very clear answers to back up the realization that what we are experiencing are NOT eye problems.

What is unfortunate here is I keep peeking in and see some instances of people saying they do not wish to read the thread, then declaring that they know what we're seeing when certain things are clearly ruled out by empirical testing. It is a bit infuriating to see so many unwilling to actually learn from others who actually do have unusual experiences and presuming those that do are naiive or ignorant of mundane possibilities. Many seem interested in preserving their preconceived notions which is in opposition to denying ignorance its power.

Personally, I'm ok with leaving it open-ended rather than being hot for an a quick answer that I find agreeable. I find that many have a hard time with that way of relating to phenomena.

I also want to thank everyone for contributing to this post.

Your welcome.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 01:20 AM
link   
Weirdly , when i focus hard enough through my eyes i can see cells moving and working etc , im not sure if this relates but that is as far as i've been in this concept.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 01:25 AM
link   
I see them, too.
I'll look around the room, and I'll see little dots slide through the air.
I usually just focus my eyes on something, and they go away.
I always just assumed I was tripping out, though.
I think there's just something wrong with our eyes, and I really doubt it's anything special.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 01:35 AM
link   
reply to post by berrygurrl

i know exactly what ur talking about.....i think. is it kind of like TV fuzz? i have seen it my whole life and i have told others about it and they just thought i was crazy.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 01:38 AM
link   
reply to post by UnknownAgenda26

iv seen them too. i think they are bacteria on ur eyes that when the light hits it right you are able to see. have u happened to see something thats like tv fuzz?

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Indigo_Child
Now coming to mind and consciousness, the fact that experiences are associated with certain brain states which can be empirically documented is known as the soft problem of consciousness. Why, however these brain states would lead to any kind of experience is known as the hard problem of consciousnes and no philosopher has been to resolve it as of yet. There is simply no logic known that can allow a physical phenomena like brain activity produce an experience of something.

Overall, a good post that more should be sure to read and understand IMHO.

Clearly the brain, whatever it really is, is involved in producing experience of a certain nature. In emergent behavior, the constituent parts must possess the properties necessary for that behavior to emerge. Loosly speaking, if computing X +,/,*,^,etc. Y possesses no experience, why would doing it any number of times possess any? Thus, I cannot buy that some magical complexity level suddenly results in conscious experience of qualia.

You are right there is no logic know that can explain it from constituent operations. I will say with confidence that there is in fact a logic that can explain it, with as much rigor as any true scientific endeavor. Because of its importance to me, I have even been privileged enough to have flashes of understanding in just how it does work and why. Unfortunately I know no way of formulating it within any system of which I am familiar. There is a giant gap that must be bridged slowly and the real geniuses are the ones that know how to do that by creating a new system if necessary.

My sense has been that to do so at this point is potentially devastating to humanity and individually destructive because really, noone in their right mind in relation to the culture would want to live with the understanding. I can bring myself back to that knowing somewhat at will now and I find I do not wish to stay too long. Perhaps one day when I'm in the mood I'll force myself to stay for awhile and risk true madness. (No, I'm not joking at all)

The ignorance about it is very, very good for us at this stage. Be patient and rest assured it is possible and is quite a surprising revelation.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 02:03 AM
link   
reply to post by EnlightenUp

i just had a thought. if both of u guys are indigo children maybe it has something to do with it. cuz im an indigo child and i cant really explane what i am seeing besides calling it TV fuzz but im pretty sure its the same as what you are seeing. iv always had the idea that what we are seeing is the sub atomic structure of time space and mass. we are seeing the energy that makes up all things. now to make sure we are all on the same page (i havnt read every post to this thread so im not sure if u touched this subject). what i am seeing is like small transparent dots every were. they are on everything, even the space in between things. they are almost lit up in a way. like teeny tinny lights all over the place. i truely think that it is energy that our eyes have the ability to see.... but who knows

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 02:18 AM
link   

Wow this thread is big and fairly old too.

I've had the exact same thing the OP describes. Little pinpricks of "light" tiny and everywhere strongest when it's sunny out. When I was a teen I thought I was seeing the code of the Matrix like Neo but now that I'm older I think it's related to the way the eye works and let's light in to itself.

I used to wish I could wake from the Matrix, I just wanted to be able to close my eyes for three seconds and download Kung Fu skills

I think its a natural thing and I've heard plenty of people report it to me. I also used to get this weird "tunnel" a purple wormhole looking thing that appeared when I stared at something for a while, not sure what that was.

[edit on 7-12-2009 by Titen-Sxull]

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 02:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Indigo_Child

wow you just took the words right out of my mind. i have always seen this my whole life no matter were im at, no matter what im doing, under any light condition. some times it gets alot more intence but it never gos away. this really is amazing to me because i always thought that it was just me who sees this but know i know im not the only one. pluss i know alot more about what it is and were i should go with it. thank you vary much.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 02:31 AM
link   
reply to post by ExPostFacto

I believe it is in all probability the electromagnetic field around the human body. We all have electricity coursing through our body in form of neurons firing off, and I think it could be possible to visualise it.

Some people call it 'aura' but I think they are just trying to take your money!

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 02:57 AM
link   
I see them too in the blue sky.

But, you are not the only one who can see them at night.

Try this for an experiment. I discovered this by accident

Lay on the bed with extremely low light, or just plain darkness. Just stare at the ceiling. Low light works very well.

Just relax and stare at the ceiling. Pretty soon, you'll start to see those tiny dots darting everywhere. Keep at it, and it starts to become really thick then soon after it looks like you're in the matrix. When you're at this stage, look around slowly and it'll look like everything is bubbling with billions of dots or pixels - walls, ceiling, even your hands, etc.

If you experience this, do not be frightened. Just relax. The first few times I was frightened because it was so thick. It was like everything was fluid and just like maybe a computer screen like somebody else said.

Good thread

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 03:20 AM
link   

Yeah I see these things too.

I don't always see them tho. Usually I have to look into the blue sky and relax me eyes just slightly. Them all of a sudden a billion little sperm like dots come to life.

The dots seem to totally have a life of their own. They blink and sparkle and them fall right back to being translucent.

They swivel around, all over the place. some dash while others just squiggle amongst others in some crazy jiggling orgy. there are so many of them it's almost like they make up everything I see.

In a split second I can make them go away, then by just relaxing they all come back to view.

I have often told people about them, but most can't see and others just shrug it off if they do say they see them.

I used to wonder if it was somehow the millions of blood veins in my eyes and my sight was some how picking them up due to the extra light hitting my eye balls when i look at the sky. Who knows what they are

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 03:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Deaf Alien

Aw man!

Hey thanks for the advice, just read your post and I think I have seen them at night by accidentally doing what you just said. I usually blink tho, and it goes away.

I'm going to try this tonight tho.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 06:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Deaf Alien

It's odd you mention that as I was doing that earlier tonight. The grains that make up the visual images can get pretty large. Everything in sight crackles into lots of small shapes like a stained glass window. The world looks effervescent. Color channels separate and become temporally dithered.

But still, it's completely different to what I've been discussing throughout the thread. There seems to be a good number of visual effects that can be induced by will and technique that are not optically related. What's most interesting is that I can relate to each of the descriptions.

Can you induce migraine auras (not the headache but the visual wave or arcs of light), periodic white flashing in brainwave sync (in whole or part of the visual field) and keep afterimages intense by concentration?

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 06:14 AM
link   
reply to post by December_Rain

What he is saying is true, human eyes are powerful enough to see normally invisible objects if they are close enough to your eye. i'm unsure if they have to be white blood cells, but yes, it is possible to see them.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 06:28 AM
link   
Floaters move around when usually accross your eyes when you move them around. you see floaters mostly when staring into the blue sky during the day.

I know what you are talking about, I get floaters plus what you are experiencing which mostly takes place during the night time.

Now here is the scary part.

Sometimes I will awake in the middle of the night from strange lucid spiritual dreams where I am so far off this planet and I will see what you describe, plus what looks to be distorted energy right in front of me. On my bed, On my feet, and it is extreamly cold and has weight to it.
I think its a entity of some kind.

I have seen many of these, and they always seem to be around me. So in a way my spirit does not feel alone.

Or when I concentrate on objects or living things for a few seconds I can see a strange energy radiate of it / them.

People can say what the want about this, but when you can see an energy form among these dots that has weight, tempreture and moves around and has a high pitch faint noise. This aint your eyes playing tricks on you.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 06:36 AM
link   
Sorry to repeat what everyone else has already mentioned but what your describing sounds like floaters to me, I have them myself and although they can be annoying at times they are completely harmless.

The doctor told me they are caused by carbohydrates floating on the surface of the eye and as you described they are more evident in a low light setting although personally I'm more inclined to see them when looking at a bright background such as the sky on a sunny day.

I have however only recently started seeing little gold coloured dots almost like dust particles, I'm not particulary worried however as I'm sure its a variation of floaters.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 06:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Death_Kron
Sorry to repeat what everyone else has already mentioned but what your describing sounds like floaters to me, I have them myself and although they can be annoying at times they are completely harmless.

The doctor told me they are caused by carbohydrates floating on the surface of the eye and as you described they are more evident in a low light setting although personally I'm more inclined to see them when looking at a bright background such as the sky on a sunny day.

I have however only recently started seeing little gold coloured dots almost like dust particles, I'm not particulary worried however as I'm sure its a variation of floaters.

U may be experiencing floaters, but what I am experiencing are not floaters. Last time I checked floaters did not have a cold breeze strong enough to open a door, Floaters did not form a shape of a spirtual entity.

I know what floaters are.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 07:10 AM
link   

U may be experiencing floaters, but what I am experiencing are not floaters. Last time I checked floaters did not have a cold breeze strong enough to open a door, Floaters did not form a shape of a spirtual entity.

I know what floaters are.

My response wasn't a personal one to your post, I was replying in a general fashion to the OP and contributing to the thread.

As I mentioned I know I'm repeating what others have said but floaters are the most likely cause behind what the OP is describing and although they can be a nuisance they are completely harmless.

With regards to your personal experiences and visual disturbances I won't comment as I would require some sort of proof that backs up what your saying.

I will mention however that they are a variety of reasons that could cause what your describing and none of them are remotely related to any spiritual or paranormal activity.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join