It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tiny dots in the air wherever I look!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+26 more 
posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 07:03 PM
link   
This should be an interesting thread and I'm sure there's a chance that it could've been posted on ATS once before.

What i want to explore is a personal phenomena to myself. All my life since I can remember I have always seen tiny little translucent dots in the air. I can see it better in the dark or in a low lighted setting. When I was a little kid I used to tell my mother that I could see air molecules...and of course my mom would tell me otherwise thinking that I was just a strange little kid.
I've tried doing research on what I see but I've never come across an explanation.

I will tell you though that its not some sort of eye problem, it's not little black dots, and its definitely not my eyeball detaching from my retina.

I've always been a dreamer and extremely openminded. I've had many paranormal experiences and I believe this to be a gift of some sort.

I think that we all have "powers" that can't be explained and there is a reason why I (and possibly other people that see these things) have this ability.

I've tried asking my guides what it is...and the time that I did that I was laying in my bed in the dark and all of the tiny little pin like dots in the air started to slowly move like they were coming together! It freaked me out (fear always keeps me from experiencing cool things like this)! So, all of a sudden it went back to normal... I guess I missed my chance.

There are slight colors in these "dots" and I used to think that it was energy...I don't know!!!

I would love to hear what others have to say about this type of experience.

+28 more 
posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 07:09 PM
link   
If the dots move along with your eyes, then they're just "floaters". I have them too, little translucent spots like you describe. It's pretty common.

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 07:13 PM
link   
I know what You are talking about but that's not it. It's kind of like an invisible grid between space composed of dots that don't really move...its kind of hard to explain...

+11 more 
posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 07:17 PM
link   
I have had the same thing. Not floaters like the previous posted commented, but little ... somethings. This has been discussed before, but usually people just claim they are floaters and thats it. I have one of these floaters (kinda annoying actually) but these little "things" i see are definitely not that.

I kinda think that I am "seeing" particles. Not unlike the dust you can see within the column of sun coming in through window, but smaller.

I see them only on blue sky days (as oppsed to full cloud days), but I always see them on these days. Always. Everytime. I have no idea what they are. Neutrinos, particles annilhlating themselves, I have no clue, but i just take them for granted and enjoy their company when I spot them.

Oh, I must add, that I "see" thousands of them. Not a few floating around, but thousands floating around, some zipping by fast, others floating around like a leaf on a windy day.

Anyways you are not alone. I have no idea as to what we are seeing, but it is NOT floaters.

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 07:18 PM
link   
You know I'm so glad you posted this.

I've been seeing them too, nothing to do with anything in the eyes its external. I don't believe they are water molecules. If you want to see the, clearer wait for just before a lightening storm, has to be at night. Get hold of a powerful flash and just flash away and look at the area in front of the flash. The flash seems to show what I believe is static in the air. How small such a particle is I don't know but that is what I believe is being witnessed.

The question that has been on my mind is are such particles exibiting signs of consciousness?

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Are you telling me that's not normal? I know exactly what you mean when you say grid. Does it ever come across to you as honeycomb shaped patterns? I know its wired, its like you can see the air. I figured every one could do this if they had good enough eye sight, just that no one ever talks about it.

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 07:30 PM
link   
I have this same thing, but only became more aware of it recently. The other thing I am aware of is seeing heat move in the air and interact with other air. I've always been able to see the shimmer off a sidewalk in the dead of summer, but what I'm seeing now is like looking at someones arm and seeing a span of about 6 inches in distortions coming off the skin. Like the arm is heating up the air around it and I can see it. Can't describe it any more than that.

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 07:31 PM
link   
I don't know if we are talking about the same thing, but i see small flickering spot's, like on a tv, but much smaller, and inbetween there are bigger spots, floating around randomly. When i haven't slept for over a day i begin to see a sucking vortex like thing, that gets very intense when i stare.

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 07:32 PM
link   
It sounds like you guys naturally trip a little bit. If adrenaline or dopamine is oxidized twice, it becomes adrenachrome and dopachrome. Both are hallucinogenics. If you produce this in high enough quantities, you're essentially permafried, ie schizophrenic. It sounds like you aren't there, but somewhere in between.

If it bothers you, and ever gets out of control, look into orthomolecular therapy. Ascorbic acid and niacin will likely prevent hardcore hallucinations by recycling the NT's and preventing excess adrenaline production.

If you enjoy the ride, carry on.

BTW, seeing honeycombs is exactly the experience of '___'. It also looks like a pixel from a tube tele.

[edit on 5-12-2009 by unityemissions]

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 07:33 PM
link   
pharaohmoan Thanks! Hopefully we'll get some straight answers...

Le Colonel I know! I see millions of them...and they are so tiny!! Its funny because I asked my boyfriend if he could see them and he couldn't! Its so bizarre how it seems more noticeable with less light....Maybe it is light in very tiny concentrated amounts...

Le Colonel Sometimes it does have a sort of geometric shape to it, and in fact it looked kind of like mandalas a couple times. I thought everyone experienced this too and that that's just how people see...but not everyone seems to understand....

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Le Colonel

I think what you are seeing may be white blood cells casting shadows onto your retina. Normally you can't see them because the brain filters them out of your vision, but they are sometimes visible, especially against sold, bright, blue/purple background.

P.S. anyone ever see a sort of neon green/orange doughnut floating in the middle of their vision?

[edit on 5-12-2009 by Tearman]

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by ExPostFacto

Its amazing how when you wonder about something like this, its like you always notice it!! And as for the heat thing, i totally hear ya! I've always tried to look at peoples auras by looking next to people but not directly and I always see a faint white light around them...its pretty cool! But the whole dot thing is harder to grasp.

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by pharaohmoan

That's a good question!! Maybe it does have something to do with consciousness and maybe the link that keeps everyone and everything connected...

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 07:41 PM
link   
We probably wont figure out what they are exactly, but it is nice to chat with others that do see them.

As to being stoned (unityemissions), well, I just dont like your answer. Seems a little like you dont think we know what we are talking about, and YOU seem to know that this is what is happening. The interactions of the chemicals in the brain, while does happen, it happens very rarely (ie not everyone) so while this might explain for some people, it does not apply to all, so this explanation obviously is wrong. Good try though.

I noticed some say they see them in the dark or at night. I only see them in the day, and it has to be a nice bright blue day. If any of you has seen stars (got hit hard) it is kinda like that, not exactly, but close. I always assumed I was witnessing the sun hitting particles at the right spot to allow me to "see" these things. They kinda appear and disappear, while others stick around longer to float around. Wierd.

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Strawberrygirl

That's a great way of describing it! Some do flicker...Ever since I began meditating I would see sparkles too, but these were noticeably bigger...I once heard that those are other beings like angels or other entities in another dimension...sounds bizarre but definitely a possibility.

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Tearman

Dude what the hell are you talking about!! WHITE BLOOD CELLS!! Are you implying people can see white blood cells which are inside the body from our own eyes. Jeeeeeeeeeeezzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz !!!!!

*bangs head on wall*

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 07:45 PM
link   
I can see this heat like glow around stuff, too

I always thought my eye's got damdged from not enough blood flow or something.

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by unityemissions

Haha!! No i'm not tripping!! I saw it when i was a little brat too!! Don't trip out although I do smoke once in awhile and it seems to intensify it, but at the same time pot can also expand awareness! (but that's a whole other topic) And it doesn't get out of control, its very constant...

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by December_Rain

My optomotrist told me about this phenomena after I told him about seeing things similar to what people here are describing.

The blood vessels are actually in front of the retina. The white blood cells, which are much larger than red ones, cast shadows onto the retina as they go through those blood vessels. You don't normally see the blood vessels, or the white blood cell's shadows because they are normally filtered out of your vision.

+12 more 
posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 07:48 PM
link   
From wikipedia's article on retina: "The white blood cells in the capillaries in front of the photoreceptors can be perceived as tiny bright moving dots when looking into blue light. This is known as the blue field entoptic phenomenon (or Scheerer's phenomenon)."

Edit: Actually, it appears that they don't cast shadows, it is the opposite, they allow light to pass through them. Red ones absorb the light.

[edit on 5-12-2009 by Tearman]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join