It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Buy your children toy weapons for Christmas and you could face an armed raid, police warn parents

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by cavscout. My government does not have cctv outside of government offices.

before commenting on our country - please have the decency to know whats happening in your own :

CCTV washington DC

with the interesting quote:

Unlike virtually every other police-operated video surveillance system in America, the MPD system has very clear legal authority

so ` police opperated CCTV systems ` are in other cities ?

NYC transit system CCTV

las vegas traffic monitoring

poilice anti crime CCTV las vegas

i love the last 2 - are you not from Las vegas ? and were even a LEO - but are unaware of the cctv in your own city ?

simply priceless

i think its time to stop lecturing us

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by ignorant_ape

I live in the states and CCTV cameras are in almost evey city and are ran and operated buy law enforcement.I grew up im Baltimore and i can tell you first hand that there are on all most every single city block

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 12:46 AM
link   
reply to post by ignorant_ape

Wow.

My ignorance is astounding. My bad.

I had no idea, really. Thank you for that.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by cavscout

You have had a go at us brits saying that we get all defensive when you talk about our country, but we only get defensive because you are ignorantly spreading lies, or knowing spreading them but either way your ideas do not represent our country.

Firstly lets talk crime. According to statistics we have lower rates of murder, gun crime, knife crime, assault, rape etc etc. Yet you dare to lecture us on crime?

You talk about our healthcare being awful based on anecdotal evidence from one person you know. Well everyone in my family has used the NHS and has nothing but praise for it. So lets look at the public opinion, well even Margaret Thatcher didn't try and take the NHS away because she knew that if she did their would be a revolution overnight. Ask yourself why that is. Maybe it's because the system works very well the majority of the time.

Every system has faults and guess what, for every time you can point out a bad case within the NHS i can point out two in the USA. If you want to play that game we can but there will be no real winner. Well other than the fact that the NHS would never make you pick which finger you can have sewn back on as your insurance doesn't cover two, nor will the NHS refuse to cover you becuase you have a pre existing condition oh and best of all the NHS won't stop treating you once you reach your treatment limit. Many insurance companies only cover treatments up to say 300,000 dollars, did you know that one?

I have deeply researched your healthcare system and it would appear that the wealthy generally love it but the poor are generally deeply annoyed about it. I would say that you are still a young nation, you haven't been through what Britain has been through. We have dealt with the rich, poor divide for a very long time and have had massive social upheavals over it. I think that is why we see healthcare differently.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Ahmose

You've got a point there.

I own plenty of firearms. My family always has. I can only remember having three toy guns in my life. A metal cap gun I made myself, a lever-action toy that made a thump sound by air pressure and a super soaker.

I'm not counting pellet guns as they are not toys.

Of the three toys neither was the first 'gun' I ever touched or saw or used. The first gun I ever used was an old .22 single shot that was used to teach me gun safety and proper handling around 7 or 8. When you've been taught the proper use of firearms and trained in their operation and witness first hand the action of bullet on target and have seen the absolute finality that is death you dont really find much joy in running around the neighborhood going "bang, bang" with some plastic toy.

But we're talking about the UK here. Where guns are taboo and the children only experience them through "parents hate them and 'cool' guys love them." 'Cool' guys being criminals, gangsters and drug pushers. All of who are generally looked up to by a certain segment of society and often emulated. Every child wants freedom and the embodiment of freedom isnt the cowboy or frontiersman or outdoorsman anymore. It's the gangster, drug dealer, womanizer and career criminal. Parents and government represents oppression and control. The messages are all wrong and it doesnt look like that's going to change anytime soon.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Well, this thread died a death once our American detractors realised they were talking bull poo. I feel somewhat vindicated in my stoic defence of the UK the other day now.

Cheers Ignorant Ape!

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by stumason
Well, this thread died a death once our American detractors realised they were talking bull poo. I feel somewhat vindicated in my stoic defence of the UK the other day now.

Cheers Ignorant Ape!

IOi i think i helped out in defense of the UK as well! Lol but i agree that when it comes to UK issues it appears our american friends are rather ignorant. I don't mean that in a really nasty way, it just seems to be true. A nation has rarely been more willingly insular than the USA.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join