It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Marine Corps Sniper Manual FMFM 1-3B

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 04:50 PM
link   
The best shooters in the world are United States Marine Corps Snipers. This is their 202 page bible...

this is an older version 1981 issue the new one is pretty much the same, the only diff is newer equipment was added.

Once Again I have double checked the upload the file opens fine in IE as long as you have acrobat reader.
you can right click the link and select save target as...

remember you got it here and thanks to ATS for hosting these...
Get it here
Can I get a "Oorah!"

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Oorah!

Well done mate, keep them coming

Wish we could get more of these manuals over here!

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by freakyclown

Click this link
www.abovetopsecret.com...
I uploaded two today... M8

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Don't you mean the Canadian Sniper is the best?

Killing shot made at distance of 2,430 metres

30 December 2003
By Stephen Thorne, The Canadian Press

Killing shot made at distance of 2,430 metres
Stephen Thorne
Canadian Press

A world-record killing shot by a Canadian sniper detachment in Afghanistan could never have been made with the ammunition they were issued when they left Edmonton last winter, the triggerman said in a recent interview. The Canadian .50-calibre rounds have a maximum range of between 2,200 and 2,300 metres.

But the U.S. rounds, they discovered, "fly farther, faster," said Cpl. "Bill", a 26-year-old native of Fogo Island, Nfld.

The two-man Canadian team, coupled with American Sgt. Zevon Durham of Greenville, S.C., made the kill from 2,430 metres, or nearly 2 1/2 kilometres, on the second shot.

This feat is the equivalent of standing at the foot of Yonge St. and hitting a target in the intersection of Yonge and Wellesley Sts., just north of College St.

The first shot blew a bag from the hand of their target, an Al Qaeda fighter walking on a road.

"He didn't even flinch," said Bill, who spoke on condition that his real name not be used.

"We made a correction and the next round hit exactly where we wanted it to. Well, a bit to the right."

The kill, one of more than 20 unofficially accredited to Canadian snipers during Operation Anaconda in Afghanistan's Shah-i-Kot Valley, beat the 35-year-old record of 2,500 yards, or 2,250 metres, set by U.S. Marine Gunnery Sgt. Carlos Hathcock in Duc Pho, South Vietnam.

Soldier of Fortune magazine estimated the number of kills made by the Canadians after talking to several U.S. soldiers in Kandahar for a cover story in its August edition.

The snipers themselves will not confirm the figure.

Don't get me wrong the Marines are a good bunch of guys but the record is Canadian.

Glorious and Free Baby.

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by whiteraven

whatever you say pal....

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by tmayhew01

Just the facts brother.

No disrespect to the Marines although maybe a CO should pin that record up somewhere in Kandahar.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 12:55 PM
link   
What makes you think the us snipers are the best in the world?

Thanks for the file but FU for the arrogance.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by above

Sorry if I am being arrogant.

My tone is tounge in cheek as I hve nothing but deep respect for the US Military forces all over God's green earth.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 01:03 PM
link   
I meant my comment at the OP, didn't see you state something as absurd as us snipers being the best in the world.

Just look at how tough resistance the afghan bushmen put up against 'the best army in the world'

Everyone thinks their homelands military is the best, no need to pour your opinion over others like some religious nut.

'nuff said.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by above

Everyone thinks their homelands military is the best, no need to pour your opinion over others like some religious nut.

'nuff said.

Why so serious?

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by above
What makes you think the us snipers are the best in the world?

Thanks for the file but FU for the arrogance.

you know I have great pride in my Service what you call arrogance... I didn't say US snipers are best, I said Marine Snipers are best, with a head nod to the knucks the UK's red headed step child...Yeah that was one hell of a shoot.
But if this isn't your cup of tea... Maybe my title was misleading, maybe I can dig up a girl-scout knitting manual for ya?

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 04:26 AM
link   
Whilst Good in their own right, please don't forget that ALL other special forces ( US Seals , USSR Spetsnatz, and others) were trained by the British SAS after realising that the SAS are the best and still are the leading example.

Who Dares Wins....

Edited to add : Thanks for the file. Don't suppose the military do a manual on spelling do they? took me 5 minutes just to type this damn sentence.

[edit on 8/12/09 by DataWraith]

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 07:04 AM
link   
OK this needs to stop before it gets out of hand, DaddyBear has provided you with a FREE fantastic resource, everyone is allowed their oppinion but there is going to be NO end to such retarded arguments such as whos best, this is akin to playground banter of "my dad could kick your dads head in"

Please just let it drop!

And maybe if we are lucky DaddyBear will continue to provide some excellent resources.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by freakyclown
OK this needs to stop before it gets out of hand, DaddyBear has provided you with a FREE fantastic resource, everyone is allowed their oppinion but there is going to be NO end to such retarded arguments such as whos best, this is akin to playground banter of "my dad could kick your dads head in"

Please just let it drop!

And maybe if we are lucky DaddyBear will continue to provide some excellent resources.

Wasn't this exactly what i said? I thanked for the file, but tried to bring the OP back on earth from the clouds he is swiveling in. No-one will respect someone who thinks me me me i'm best. If only he had the common sense to ad the words "one of the" before the word "best" it would have been a mature statement.

Just to end this in some kind of non-serious way i will show you this, a picture of what it looks like when one of the said superpowers of the world think they can mess with 'the best' fighters in the world. And yes, that includes 'the best' snipers.

3.bp.blogspot.com...

[edit on 8-12-2009 by above]

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by above

You should start a thread on the subject as Latvia, Finland have a fantastic history of resistance against the Soviets.

All in all I don't believe this is anything above a few guys exploring some of the aspects the fine Olympic sport of sniping.

Sehlah

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 03:20 PM
link   
I find it interesting that they name and identify the individual bullets with tale tell markings etc.

I would think the bullets would be non-identifiable, unless one wanted to leave a calling card.

I suppose any Black Ops would probably be issued non-telling bullets.

Thoughts from someone who has lived the sniper life would be appreciated

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Leave each other alone, and check your damn egos at the door, that is a warning to every one.

Now, as for bullet "tell tale signature", composition and markings form rifleing are a couple factors. Are the rounds steel for AP or frangibles? Does the rifling have a right hand twist or left, how many grooves and what is the measurement of said grooves...

Get the picture, ballistic forensics involved more than shooting a load into a gel, it includes fragment pattern and kinetic factors also. Did the rounds projected penetration match that of the distance travelled, or was it suppresed for sound and or flash?

I know one of those would drastically reduce penetration vs distance.

Factors to be considered.

Great thread none the less, but I thought the record shot was held by a female...Lyudmila Mikhailivna Pavlichenko but I was thinking of some thing else.

Some thing completely different so disregard.

Quality and standards will have a huge impact on bullet performance. Match grade ammo is best I heard as far as premium goes.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Great find. I have wanted to review this manual for a while now and at last I can do so in the comfort of my home.

Thanks for the posting.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by MaxBlack

Your very welcome bud...
I have a few other PDF's posted too

Comparison of Compact Semi-Automatic Handguns PDF
media.abovetopsecret.com...

Kill or Get Killed pdf

AMMUNITION FOR THE SELF-DEFENSE FIREARM

Survival, Evasion, and Recovery FM 21-76-1

US Marine Corps - MWTC Winter Survival Course Handbook.pdf

FM 21-10 Field Hygiene and Sanitation

Enjoy....

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Having known many Marine Recon Scout Snipers I can tell you that they are versatile.

That should be enough. "Best" is a subjective term. Best at what? Iron sight alignment? Best at survival? Best at stalking? Best at long term encampment behind enemy lines? The best "shot?" There is more to being a sniper than who has the longest distance kill. The best at evading? The most discipline? The list goes on and on.

Even if Hathcock's record is broken for the 'longest shot' it doesn't matter. That is not why Hathcock is such an amazing sniper, his super long range shooting ability was ONE of his assets.

The "best" sniper in the world is not as black and white as a lot of you make it out to be.

Carlos is a GREAT HERO. This is a man who snuck behind enemy lines and killed an NVA commanding GENERAL at 1500 meters, and then evaded successfully.

This is a sniper who was so incredible that the NVA started hiring mercenary snipers specifically to kill him. He killed the mercenaries.

The idea that someone is 'better' that Carlos Hathcock because they broke his 'distance' kill record is absurd, sorry to say.

btw, my point is not that US Marine Scout Snipers are the 'best' in the world, but they are certainly versatile and I would choose to have one next to me in any "oh #" situation. The "best" is a stupid term.

[edit on 19-4-2010 by sremmos]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join