It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Student to Obama: Legalize Drugs, Prostitution to Stimulate the Economy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 03:21 PM
link   
I was watching the television in the lobby of McDonalds the other day and I saw this video.

President Barack Obama Gets Asked About Legalizing Prostitution and Marijuana

Obama About "Legalizing Prostitution, Gambling, Drugs & Non-Violent

Now, before going any further, I am not advocating drugs use, nor prostitution, nor non-violent crimes.

I decided to post this thread though just to start a discussion to see if anyone else saw the videos/television broadcast, and what you might think about this young man asking our President about this and I am in no way condoning the usage of illicit drugs, nor prostitution, nor non-violent crimes.

Anyone who knows anything about the history of the C.I.A. know about Air America.

Taliban Build Multi-Million Dollar Insurgent Operation, Complicating U.S. Efforts

This would be the pilots smuggling drugs, guns, and people across Vietnam.

Shown below in the humorous look at history.

Air America

Anyone who knows American history knows of the Golden Triangle, the Golden Crescent, and Colombia, yet little to nothing is ever done about eliminating the drugs.

After having the read the book below I found it disturbing to say the least.

The Underground Empire: Where Crime and Governments Embrace

And I just corroborated the information found on the website below.

A Tangled Web: A History of CIA Complicity in Drug International Trafficking

...and...

BIGGIES, BUREAUCRATS AND THE WORLD DRUG TRADE

Both Alberto Sicilia-Falcon and Lu Hsu Shui are the topics of the book, The Underground Empire.

Quote from : Wikipedia : Golden Triangle

The Golden Triangle is one of Asia's two main illicit opium-producing areas. It is an area of around 350,000 square kilometres that overlaps the mountains of four countries of Southeast Asia: Myanmar (Burma), Vietnam, Laos, and Thailand.

(Other interpretations of the Golden Triangle also include a section of Yunnan Province, China.)

Along with Afghanistan in the Golden Crescent and Pakistan, it has been one of the most extensive opium-producing areas of Asia and of the world since the 1950s.

The Golden Triangle also designates the confluence of the Ruak River and the Mekong river, since the term has been appropriated by the Thai tourist industry to describe the nearby junction of Thailand, Laos, and Myanmar.

Opium and morphine base produced in northeastern Burma are transported by horse and donkey caravans to refineries along the Thailand–Burma border for conversion to heroin and heroin base.

Most of the finished products are shipped across the border into various towns in North Thailand and down to Bangkok for further distribution to international markets.

In the past major Thai Chinese and Burmese Chinese traffickers in Bangkok have controlled much of the foreign sales and movement of Southeast Asian heroin from Thailand, but a combination of law enforcement pressure, publicity and a regional drought has significantly reduced their role.

As a consequence, many less-predominant traffickers in Bangkok and other parts of Thailand now control smaller quantities of the heroin going to international markets.

Heroin from Southeast Asia is most frequently brought to the United States by couriers, typically Thai and U.S. nationals and Hong Kong Chinese, traveling on commercial airlines.

California and Hawaii are the primary U.S. entry points for Golden Triangle heroin, but small percentages of the drug are trafficked into New York City and Washington, D.C.

While Southeast Asian groups have had success in trafficking heroin to the United States, they initially had difficulty arranging street level distribution.

However, with the incarceration of Asian traffickers in American prisons during the 1970s, contacts between Asian and American prisoners developed.

These contacts have allowed Southeast Asian traffickers access to individuals and organizations distributing heroin at the retail level.

In recent years, the production has shifted to Yaba and other forms of methamphetamine, including for export to the United States.

Quote from : Wikipedia : Golden Crescent

The Golden Crescent is the name given to one of Asia's two principal areas of illicit opium production, located at the crossroads of Central, South, and Western Asia.

This space overlaps three nations, Afghanistan, Iran, and Pakistan, whose mountainous peripheries define the crescent.

The United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC) heroin production estimates for the past 10 years show significant changes in the primary source areas.

Heroin production in Southeast Asia declined dramatically, while heroin production in Southwest Asia expanded.

In 1991, Afghanistan became the world's primary opium producer, with a yield of 1,782 metric tons (U.S. State Department estimates), surpassing Myanmar, formerly the world leader in opium production.

The decrease in heroin production from Myanmar is the result of several years of unfavorable growing conditions and new government policies of forced eradication.

Afghan heroin production increased during the same time frame, with a notable decrease in 2001 allegedly as a result of the Taliban's fatwa against heroin production.

Afghanistan now produces over 90% of the world's opium.

Quote from : Wikipedia : Colombia

Colombia (pronounced /kəˈlʌmbiə/), officially the Republic of Colombia (Spanish: República de Colombia, pronounced [reˈpuβlika ðe koˈlombja] ( listen)), is a constitutional republic in northwestern South America.

Colombia is bordered to the east by Venezuela[8] and Brazil;[9] to the south by Ecuador and Peru; to the north by the Caribbean Sea; to the northwest by Panama; and to the west by the Pacific Ocean. Colombia also shares maritime borders with Jamaica, Haiti, the Dominican Republic, Honduras, Nicaragua and Costa Rica.

With a population of nearly 45 million people, Colombia has the 29th largest population in the world and the second largest in South America, after Brazil.

Colombia has the second largest Spanish-speaking population in the world after Mexico.

The territory of what is now Colombia was originally inhabited by indigenous nations including the Muisca, Quimbaya, and Tairona.

The Spanish arrived in 1499 and initiated a period of conquest and colonization killing or taking as slaves almost 90% of that native population, and then creating the Viceroyalty of New Granada (comprising modern-day Colombia, Venezuela, Ecuador and Panama) with its capital at Bogotá.

Independence from Spain was won in 1819, but by 1830 "Gran Colombia" had collapsed with the secession of Venezuela and Ecuador.

What is now Colombia and Panama emerged as the Republic of New Granada. The new nation experimented with federalism as the Granadine Confederation (1858), and then the United States of Colombia (1863), before the Republic of Colombia was finally declared in 1886.

Panama seceded in 1903.

Colombia has a long tradition of constitutional government.

The Liberal and Conservative parties, founded in 1848 and 1849 respectively, are two of the oldest surviving political parties in the Americas.

However, tensions between the two have frequently erupted into violence, most notably in the Thousand Days War (1899-1902) and La Violencia, beginning in 1948.

Since the 1960s, government forces, left-wing insurgents and right-wing paramilitaries have been engaged in the continent's longest-running armed conflict.

Fueled by the coc aine trade, this escalated dramatically in the 1990s.

However, the insurgents lack the military or popular support necessary to overthrow the government, and in recent years the violence has been decreasing.

Many paramilitary groups have demobilized as part of a controversial peace process with the government, and the guerrillas have lost control in many areas where they once dominated.

Meanwhile Colombia's homicide rate, for many years the highest in the world, has almost halved since 2002.

Colombia is a standing middle power with the fourth largest economy in South America and a major impact of poverty.

It is very ethnically diverse, and the interaction between descendants of the original native inhabitants, Spanish colonists, African slaves and twentieth-century immigrants from Europe and the Middle East has produced a rich cultural heritage.

This has also been influenced by Colombia's varied geography.

The majority of the urban centres are located in the highlands of the Andes mountains, but Colombian territory also encompasses Amazon rainforest, tropical grassland and both Caribbean and Pacific coastlines.

Ecologically, Colombia is one of the world's 18 megadiverse countries (the most biodiverse per unit area).

I created the thread below because I am seriously trying to take part in changing America.

A White House Jobs and Economic Growth Forum Discussion : Hosted By Yours Truly

[edit on 5-12-2009 by SpartanKingLeonidas]

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   
this could totally work, but wow, i never would have thought of that.
one wonders if he's trying to do this so he doesn't go to jail

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by LocoHombre
this could totally work, but wow, i never would have thought of that.
one wonders if he's trying to do this so he doesn't go to jail

I have no clue but watching the video you could see Obama trying not to burst out laughing at the boy, and trying to think of a political way to answer this potentially detrimental question through a quick and side-stepping maneuver.

Again, I was never advocating drug use, prostitution, nor non-violent crimes, but at the same time I have to wonder if Obama knows about the C.I.A. drug-smuggling through criminal cut-outs and the D.E.A. cracking down on it.

This would be a more interesting question to ask the man face to face.

I bet he would not be laughing then.

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Having trouble loading the videos at the moment.

however i support this viewpoint wholeheartedly.

But I'll bet obama shoots it down.
WAY too american an idea for america.

free to make your own choices as an adult?
NOT in THIS country mister!

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by the_grand_pooh-bah
Having trouble loading the videos at the moment.

however i support this viewpoint wholeheartedly.

But I'll bet obama shoots it down.
WAY too american an idea for america.

free to make your own choices as an adult?
NOT in THIS country mister!

Well, this is not to advocate the legalization of any of those.

It is more about the hypocrisy of American policies overseas.

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by SpartanKingLeonidas

no, not you, the kid in the video. sorry if it sounded like i was talking about you.

and yes i was trying not to laugh too, just like obama.

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by LocoHombre
reply to post by SpartanKingLeonidas

no, not you, the kid in the video. sorry if it sounded like i was talking about you.

and yes i was trying not to laugh too, just like obama.

It's okay, this is my first post in this forum area, and I do not want to get banned.

I added heaps more to the original post after thinking about what I had posted.

Adding a few more tidbits as well coming up.

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 04:48 PM
link   
well i think "legalizing non-violent crime" is a pretty stupid idea and would never happen, but yea.

not really sposed to share my opinions on the rest..cos we can talk about staging revolutions here but not our feelings on psychoactive plants

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 05:14 PM
link   
lol just imagine.

not only do we legalize natural occuring substances (as in no chemical manufacturing involved...) but then we release those who are currently imprisoned for that crime, we would gain revenue from the taxation, and then we would also decrease expenditures in many branches. instituting heavy fines for being under the influence as a child care worker or public transportation worker, and also under the influence legislation for those driving similar to that of alchohol would introduce another revenue to levy the loss of income with the lack of drug arrests and subsequent fines.

this is a potential multi million dollar revenue source for the US.

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by whateverponcho
well i think "legalizing non-violent crime" is a pretty stupid idea and would never happen, but yea.

not really sposed to share my opinions on the rest..cos we can talk about staging revolutions here but not our feelings on psychoactive plants

Well, "legalizing non-violent crimes" would mean Bernie Maddoff would be out of prison.

Personally, I think financial predators should be locked up, but then all of Washington D.C. would be in prison, and that would be such a crying shame, now wouldn't it.

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 09:28 PM
link   
This is cool I talk about how legalization might stop the violence on the border and in Mexico in my thread and it gets closed yet this one doesn't. Thanks ATS

Anyway I haven't seen these videos but will give them a watch, I doubt Obama is in favor of any of it. Those who voted for him because of this issue were misguided. So much for social liberty.

[edit on 5-12-2009 by asmall89]

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 03:11 AM
link   
at the moment i dont have time to take in your full thread

however i did watch the 1st video

the young man has a legitimate inquiry, he states it tactfully

what concerns me is even before barracks response, the crowd acts incredibly immature

this bothers me because it shows a lack of education among the mass of people

the question the young man asked regards many things that are destroying our society

not only the events themselves, but namely the way we deal with those situations on a national level

i find it very disappointing that in america we have become a childish nation of cheers and jeers that beckons back to the times of the romans

it reminds me of watching a gladiator fight on some film

its my stance that i may not agree with everything the young man touched on, but i do feel everything he did touch on deserves respectful and intelligent discussion

the way we are doing things now, obviously are not succeeding

i truly find it disturbing that instead of listening respectfully, people just reacted on their preconceived notions

in a free nation i think its imperative that we go back to the drawing table on many of the subjects he touched on, but its even more important to open the closed minds of the masses

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by wx4caster
lol just imagine.

not only do we legalize natural occuring substances (as in no chemical manufacturing involved...) but then we release those who are currently imprisoned for that crime, we would gain revenue from the taxation, and then we would also decrease expenditures in many branches. instituting heavy fines for being under the influence as a child care worker or public transportation worker, and also under the influence legislation for those driving similar to that of alchohol would introduce another revenue to levy the loss of income with the lack of drug arrests and subsequent fines.

this is a potential multi million dollar revenue source for the US.

Okay, I found the young man pretty ballsy to suggest that to Obama, however I do not condone drug use, at least not for me, nor do I allow people who use them to stay around me because it is something I do not like.

My stepfather, a former Vietnam Marine, threatened to break my neck when I was ten years old, if I ever brought drugs into his household, and it stuck and I was scared straight without ever trying them and have no desire to try them.

All because I asked a simple question,...

What's the difference between legalized drugs and illegal drugs?

At ten I did not understand those terms, but I had heard enough on television about the dictator Manuel Noriega and Oliver North.

However, I have been learning about them, since then, not understanding his threat, so I have a centralized understanding without direct usage, nor indirect usage, but by asking co-workers among other assorted people who I could not avoid completely, and understand completely the propaganda behind them, which is what I do not respect because it is all based on half-truths, lies, and shady meanings.

That is the part I do not respect our Government doing, as well as what I see as the intentional distribution by the Central Intelligence Agency to criminal underground groups of money, power, and guns to grow those drugs, or to look the other way in trade for intelligence, and the drugs are smuggled into America, and then the D.E.A. catches it all and locks people away, therefore two different agencies of the Federal Government are essentially playing both sides against the middle, whether knowingly or unknowingly, and there are Agent's on both sides being caught in the crossfire.

As well citizens who know no better are getting strung out on this crap, whether they are inclined to take it because they have the predisposition towards drugs usage, or not, or whether the large supply being infiltrated in with cut-out criminal organizations is a large influence upon those people because as I see it, the law of supply and demand, works with drugs and prostitution, just as much as it does with Wal-Mart and the Tickle-Me-Elmo doll.

Supply = Infiltration, shipping, and distribution of product

Demand = Making it illegal, cost of product increases due to black market value, more difficulty in shipping through illegal means

Profit = Drug war lords, C.I.A. intel gathering, D.E.A. seizures, cars, houses, boats auctioned off, Washington D.C. gets to look good while distancing themselves through avoidance of influencing international laws.

Still, I am not advocating the usage of drugs, I am however advocating stopping the adverse lies, direct and indirect influence within the criminal community of the Intelligence Agencies, and the denial of Washington D.C. that our own people are directly, indirectly, and sometimes completely complicit through allowing other countries to contribute in the sales, marketing, and manufacture of these products.

Washington D.C. won't do anything, the State Department looks the other way, the C.I.A. is gaining influence around the world, the D.E.A. is both winning and losing because they gain notoriety for seizures while undercover Law Enforcement Officer's are killed every single day due to a lack of proper training.

[edit on 6-12-2009 by SpartanKingLeonidas]

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Remember when Obama first took office he had a website that people could vote on the issues they felt were most important. The top of these issues on this website were for the legalization of drugs or more specifically marijuana. Yes, without a doubt taxing marijuana and legalizing it would open all kinds of new markets. Legalized prostitution would have the same effect. They do this in Nevada and are very successful at regulating the businesses to make sure woman are not being abused.

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by asmall89
This is cool I talk about how legalization might stop the violence on the border and in Mexico in my thread and it gets closed yet this one doesn't. Thanks ATS

Anyway I haven't seen these videos but will give them a watch, I doubt Obama is in favor of any of it. Those who voted for him because of this issue were misguided. So much for social liberty.

[edit on 5-12-2009 by asmall89]

Okay, I think you may have missed a few things, so I will clarify them for you.

From the first thread within this particular forum area.

"Alternative Substances Forum" -- Conspiracy issues related to drugs, but NOT recreational/personal

Quote from SkepticOverlord

IMPORTANT! Our strict rules against the discussion of personal recreational use of drugs -- including naturally-occuring mind-altering substances -- is still in place. Any member discussing, promoting, or otherwise alluding to personal recreational use of drugs in this forum will be immediately banned from ATS without warning.

IMPORTANT UPDATE Within a few hours, too many threads and posts have begun that focus far too much on personal use and legalization issues. Since advocacy of legalization relates directly to personal recreational use of drugs, such discussion is not allowed in the new forum. Please focus exclusively on the wide ranging conspiracy issues related to drugs, such as government involvement in drug trafficking, pharma influences, and the war on drugs (to name a few).

Also note this example I have before posting.

You are an experienced contributor to ATS.

Please be an example for our newer members and make every post matter.

I am making my every post count, and while I originally began it about the young man asking Obama a question, the young man was advocating the legalization, I however, am not advocating the legalization nor the usage of illicit pharmaceuticals.

Do you see how I am rather than attacking legalization, I am instead attacking the issue of the hypocrisy of Government, uncovering the conspiracy, and as well utilizing this as a potential political platform?

There is a distinct difference between each and every member of ATS.

Which side are you representing?

Feel free to keep posting on this thread, your posts are welcome, and I was not chastising you, I hope you understand, I was instead giving you a gift of how to keep participating, without getting more threads shut down, and or you getting yourself banned by ignoring or not understanding the Terms and Conditions of this website.

[edit on 6-12-2009 by SpartanKingLeonidas]

new topics

top topics

join