It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Free UFO E-Books ~ The Report on Unidentified Flying Objects by Captain Edward J. Ruppelt.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Jocko Flocko

Cheers Brother Flocko.

There's some extremely interesting reading (and documents) below from Timothy Good's 'Need to Know: UFOs, the Military and Intelligence':

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/489484338549.jpg[/atsimg]

Link

[edit on 02/10/08 by karl 12]

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Canadian UFO E-books:

The Canadian UFO Report: The Best Cases Revealed By Chris Rutkowski, Geoff Dittman.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/617b0d0d7787.jpg[/atsimg]

Link

UFOs over Canada: personal accounts of sightings and close encounters

By John Robert Colombo:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/cc6bac527d98.jpg[/atsimg]

Link

[edit on 02/10/08 by karl 12]

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Dimensions -Jacques Vallee.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/dfcd5787c297.jpg[/atsimg]

In Dimensions, the first volume of a trilogy, Dr. Jacques Vallee reexamines the historical record that led to the modern UFO phenomenon and to the belief in alien contact. He then tackles the enigma of abduction reports, which come from various times and various countries, as well as the psychic and spiritual components of the contact experience. In the last portion of the book, he notes the factors that inhibit research into the phenomenon – the triple coverup and political motivations – and concludes that the extraterrestrial theory is simply not strange enough to explain the facts.

Link (pdf)

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 05:06 AM
link   
Great thread by Isaac.

Free UFO Researcher Starter Pack

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 03:21 AM
link   
Great thread by bluemooone2:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a8b4b3904505.gif[/atsimg]

ARE FLYING SAUCERS REAL? By J. Allen Hynek

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 04:22 AM
link   
Free E-book on the Mantell incident released by NICAP:

The Mantell Incident: An Anatomy of an Investigation,

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/53770bc6751a.jpg[/atsimg]

The Mantell Incident: An Anatomy of an Investigation, is more than a diary of what happened each day. It includes transcripts of discovered documents and "lost" press releases, as well as actual copies of important documents. The report includes analyses by numerous researchers of specific issues. The Report would not be complete without the analytical expertise of independent researcher, Brad Sparks, who wrote the very detailed analysis based on all the evidence collected.

link

Jkrog's thread about the case:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 04:42 AM
link   
Thank you Op'er and the rest of you who have contributed to this thread!! Wonderful resource and so many books I have not read.

Its like all my Christmas's sure have come at once.

S&F

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 04:59 AM
link   
reply to post by annella

Hey Annella, thanks for the reply and there's certainly some interesting reading.

Here's another free E-book authored by Major Donald Keyoe issued on the 13th anniversary of the NICAP web site:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d3d5861f27ef.jpg[/atsimg]

Three years ago, in a book entitled The Flying Saucers Are Real, I reported the results of my first investigation into this world-wide mystery. At that time I stated my belief that the U.S. Air Force knew the answer and was hiding it from the public.

Since July, 1952, in a new investigation of the saucers, I have been privileged to cooperate with the Air Force. Because of my present understanding of their very serious problem, and certain dangers inherent in the situation, I have been given information unknown to most Americans.

Scores of impressive sighting reports by service pilots have been cleared for me, with the conclusions of Air Technical Intelligence—some so incredible they would have been ridiculed two or three years ago.

As a result of this close association, this book reveals, I believe, all that the Air Force has learned about the flying saucers. It also explains the contradictions that have come, from time to time, from various Defense officials, as well as the reasons for official silence.

link

Cheers.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 05:06 AM
link   

THE CHALLENGE OF UNIDENTIFIED FLYING OBJECTS

PRESENTED IN A SERIES OF SEPARATE ARTICLES BY

Charles A. Maney, Board Member

And

Richard Hall, Secretary

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/9451e135b3ea.jpg[/atsimg]

Accounts of phenomena popularly referred to as "flying saucers,” more dignifiedly labeled "unidentified flying objects" or UFOs, con­tinue to persist in the world news. The reports of these strange phenomena of the skies have been attracting public attention for thirteen years and there is apparently no let-up in sight. Although within a given region on earth long lulls between sightings have been noted, during such local lulls, other parts of the world have witnessed extra concentrations of sightings.

Table of Contents

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 04:32 AM
link   
Free E-book about the Hudson Valley UFO sightings.

Thread:

Hudson Valley: Lights, Triangles and Boomerangs

Book:

Night Siege - The Hudson Valley UFO Sightings

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/20fd2707997c.jpg[/atsimg]

New Year's Eve 1982 marked the beginning of one of the most puzzling UFO cases in recent times: the Hudson Valley "siege." The siege begot over 7,000 sightings of a boomerang-shaped craft or crafts moving silently through the sky over New York and Connecticut between 1982 and 1995. Night Siege is the collaborative effort of Hynek, Imbrogno, and Pratt to report the data gathered from witnesses of this mystifying experience, without speculation of what it might be..

The "Westchester Boomerang" was a UFO reported by hundreds of people in New York State and Connecticut between 1983 and 1986 and described by most witnesses as a hovering, immense V-shaped series of flashing lights connected by a dark structure. UFO investigators Imbrogno (Crosswalks Across the Universe) and Pratt write in detail about the "close encounters" of some 900 people who filled out "witness forms."

link

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Captain Ruppelt's first book, is my bible. I found it, at an antique shop, in Fredrick Md. about 30 years ago.

Erno
edit on 22-1-2011 by Erno86 because: spelling

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   
The UFO Files by Dr David Clarke - extract:

This remarkable book tells the story of over 100 years of UFO sightings, drawing on formerly secret reports released to The National Archives by the Ministry of Defence. Original records reveal how British Intelligence and the CIA investigated many Cold War sightings, from the Roswell incident of 1947 to ghost aircraft, Radar Angels to the RAF's confidential files. New light is shed on many famous cases, such as RAF Topcliffe, 1952; the Flying Cross in Devon, 1967; RAF West Freugh, Scotland, 1957; the Berwyn Mountains UFO crash and the Phantom Helicopter Mystery, as well as the notorious 'Welsh Triangle' and the Rendlesham Forest incident. Dramatic witness statements and personal interviews - many undertaken by the author himself - combine with rarely seen photographs, drawings and newly available documents to bring these extraordinary experiences vividly to life. From aerial phenomena of the First World War to crop circles and a secret UFO study of more recent times, The UFO Files offers a unique guide to our most intriguing mysteries.

link

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Erno86
Captain Ruppelt's first book, is my bible. I found it, at an antique shop, in Fredrick Md. about 30 years ago.

Erno
edit on 22-1-2011 by Erno86 because: spelling

I got into this UFO stuff more actively not quite two years ago and think Ruppelt's book is a must read for anyone who's serious about the subject.

Great thread Karl!

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by UFO Partisan

Hey UFO Partisan thanks for the reply matey and I certainly agree about Ruppelt's book - if you've not seen it before then Michael Swords also lists some very good reading material in his report 'A Guide to UFO Research':

A Guide to UFO Research

MICHAEL D. SWORDS

Department of Science Studies, Western Michigun University, Kalamazoo, MI 49008

The very natural query of the interested intellectual: what should
1 read to understand the status of the UFO Phenomenon?, has no simple answer.
This review article briefly examines the characteristics of the "UFO
Problem" and relates those characteristics to the problem of ignorance in the
academic community. An "inside look" at the appropriate library for the
"working UFOlogist" is then explored.

Link - PDF

Cheers.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by karl 12

You're the 2nd guy to mention Swords to me today.
He's an MAC school guy like me, so he must be good.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Free E-book:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8e1f0e0e1218.jpg[/atsimg]

Ufo Occupants & Critters By John B. Musgrave.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by UFO Partisan
reply to post by karl 12

You're the 2nd guy to mention Swords to me today.
He's an MAC school guy like me, so he must be good.

Hey bud, he's certainly up there when it comes to credible UFO researchers and he authored an interesting paper here about astronomer UFO reports.

The Ten Most Credible UFOlogists

Cheers.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Forbidden science: journals, 1957-1969 By Jacques Vallee:

Known principally as an investigator of the UFO phenomenon ( Dimensions ) and a science fiction novelist, the French-born Vallee (now a resident of the U.S.) has also worked as a computer scientist in both academia and industry. Ufologists will not find the answers to all of their questions here, for although Vallee believes that UFOs exist, he has no idea just what they are. Therein lies the excellence of his dazzling diary: it offers a glimpse into the mind of a scientist who seems to challenge every preconception and established piety. To his academic training as a mathematician and scientist, which stressed rational approaches to problems, Vallee has brought an interest in the mystical, the psychical, the paranormal.

Link

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by karl 12
The Ten Most Credible UFOlogists
Cheers.

Good list, except I'd replace Donald Schmitt with Stanton Friedman. I had the pleasure of meeting and hanging out with both last summer in Roswell. Since there is already too much mud-slinging in this field I'll save it, but just say that Friedman is a class act compared to Schmitt...

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join