It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Free UFO E-Books ~ The Report on Unidentified Flying Objects by Captain Edward J. Ruppelt.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by IsaacKoi

Isaac, thanks for the reply -I have to say I do find it a little strange that Captain Ruppelt decided to change his long held opinions about the UFO subject - especialy considering the irregular way in which the book was 're-edited' and his intimate knowledge of the history (and high number) of Bluebook actual unknowns - for him to now to cynicaly describe the UFO subject as "a space age myth" seems to me to be quite out of character with the chap and at odds with some of the observations made by his colleagues:

"In my contacts with him (Ruppelt) I found him to be honest and seriously puzzled about the whole phenomenon."
Dr J. Allen Hynek

Of course he was wary of crackpots and cultists but he did make some very intriguing (and non-dismissive) statements over the years - these remarks about the 'Operation Mainbrace' sightings seem to show he took the subject seriously and some of his quotes taken from this link are pretty revealing -particularly regarding events after the Monmouth radar incident.

Also, as it states below, it appears he still maintained a keen interest in (and contacts within) UFO investigation after he left Bluebook:

In chapter 17 Ruppelt reveals that even after he had left Project Blue Book and the USAF, friends in RAF intelligence kept him informed about latest developments, on a private basis.

link

It states in his biography that Ruppelt requested reassignment from Project Blue Book after the Robertson Panel issued its 'conclusions' - its just speculation but perhaps he'd become increasingly disillusioned with government sponsered debunking techniques (and propaganda dissemination methods) so decided to call it quits.

CIA Robertson Panel:

Cheers.

PS Good luck with the website.

[edit on 02/10/08 by karl 12]

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Elepheagle

Thanks for the replies -haven't read this one yet (so don't know if it's any good) but have had a lot of recommendations over the years.

The Gods of Eden - William Bramley

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/669efaece556.jpg[/atsimg]

In this remarkable, shocking and absolutely compelling work, Bramley presents disturbing evidence of an alien presence on Earth —extraterrestrial visitors who have conspired to dominate Humankind through violence and chaos since the beginning of time...a conspiracy which continues to this very day. Why was the Black Death in Europe accompanied by a large number of UFO sightings? Do major world religions tell the truth--or have they been subtly corrupted? Who controls human destiny? This shocking work presents evidence of alien visitors to Earth--who have conspired to dominate humankind through violence since the beginning of time.

Contents

edit on 8-1-2014 by karl 12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Books and reports:

Flying saucers, fact or fiction? by Max B. Miller

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/48b361578abe.jpg[/atsimg]

Twelve year research of U.F.O.'s in our skies revealed by the top scientists, astronomers, Airforce personnel, and technical observers.

Contents (PDF File)

---

Symposium on Unidentified Flying Objects -Committee on Science and Astronautics - US House of Representatives,1968.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b06ef12fdf4e.jpg[/atsimg]

"Today the House Committee on Science and Astronautics conducts a very special session, a symposium on the subject of unidentified flying objects; the name of which is a reminder to us of our ignorance on this subject and a challenge to acquire more knowledge thereof. We approach the question of unidentified flying objects as purely a scientific problem, one of unanswered questions. Certainly the rigid and exacting discipline of science should be marshaled to explore the nature of phenomena which reliable citizens continue to report"

Contents

---

UFOs: A NEW LOOK - A Special Report by the The National Investigations Committee on Aerial Phenomena (NICAP)

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a74b5e6a20cb.jpg[/atsimg]

"One of the most significant developments since 1964 has been the increasing concern over the UFO problem demonstrated by professional scientists and engineers. The growing involvement of scientists insisting on a careful review of the evidence decreases the likelihood that the problem could or would be buried or glossed over in the future before a proper evaluation is made".

Contents

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by spacevisitor

"For the government to continue to maintain that UFOs are nonexistent in the face of the documents already released and of other cogent evidence presented in this book is puerile and in a sense an insult to the American people."

Interesting is it not?

Spacevisitor, that Hynek quote certainly is an interesting one mate -a pretty true one too.

Considering he was the main scientific advisor to Project Bluebook, some of the statements he made about the investigation's agenda, objectivity and competence really were pretty damning.

"Project Blue Book was ballyhooed by the Air Force as a full-fledged top-priority operation. It was no such thing. The staff, in a sense, was a joke. In terms of scientific training and numbers, it was highly inadequate to the task. And the methods used were positively archaic. And that is the crack operation that the general public believes looked adequately into the UFO phenomenon".

Dr J Allen Hynek, Chairman of the Department of Astronomy at Northwestern University and scientific consultant for Air Force investigations of UFOs from 1948 until 1969 (Projects Sign, Grudge and Blue Book

"I was there at [Project] Bluebook and I know the job they had. They were told not to excite the public, not to rock the boat... Whenever a case happened that they coud explain--which was quite a few--they made a point of that, and let that out to the media. . .Cases that were very difficult to explain, they would jump handsprings to keep the media away from them. They had a job to do, rightfully or wrongfully, to keep the public from getting excited."

Dr. J. Allen Hynek, former Chairman of the Dept. of Astronomy at North Western University and scientific advisor to Project Bluebook from 1952-1969

"Blue Book was now under direct orders to debunk...I remember the conversations around the conference table in which it was suggested that Walt Disney or some other educational cartoon producer be enlisted in the debunking process".

Dr J Allen Hynek, Chairman of the Department of Astronomy at Northwestern University and scientific consultant for Air Force investigations of UFOs from 1948 until 1969 (Projects Sign, Grudge and Blue Book).

Cheers.

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Thanks again for the book recommendations. I've just finished Ruppelt's book--the original one.

I looked him up before I read the text just to get some background and found the story about how the book was re-released just before his death; that it didn't indicate that it was the second edition; the foreword wasn't changed, and that it had three tacked on chapters that had him taken a decidedly negative stance against the possibility of UFOs being interplanetary spaceships.

I find this odd for a number of reasons. Especially, since in the end, he states that interplanetary spacecraft were a space-age myth. I am curious to get to these final three chapters in the near future in the hopes that he's offered a better explanation other than "space-age myth".

I'll take balloon, meteor, hallucinations, and what have you, but I'll be damned if I'm going to walk away with that conclusion. I wonder what sort of scientific rigor and empirical data was used in order for him to come to that conclusion (WHILE HE WAS NO LONGER WORKING FOR THE AIR FORCE), especially since in the original version of the book, in the last chapter, he states he severed his ties with UFOs, and commented about how even trying to keep up with them casually was taking too much effort.

I will make a point to read these three additional chapters, but if someone could answer me before I do that: Did Ruppelt make any changes inside the text which was already written (i.e. the first 17 chapters)? If not, I find this reissue highly suspect.

Ruppelt never said (in the original) that UFOs were interplanetary spaceships. But he did say that all UFOs could not be explained as planes, balloons, birds, meteors, hallucinations, etc.

I was sad to find out that he died at the young age of 37 of a heart attack. I so would have liked to know what he thought about some of the more interesting cases that have popped up since 1960.

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Excellen thread.

Thanks for the contribution.

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Elepheagle
..I will make a point to read these three additional chapters, but if someone could answer me before I do that: Did Ruppelt make any changes inside the text which was already written (i.e. the first 17 chapters)?

If not, I find this reissue highly suspect.

Elepheagle, thanks for the reply -you're certainly not the only one and it does appear the extra three chapters were just 'tacked on' a few years later whilst he was working for Northrop Aircraft.

Few books in the fledgling field of ufology, not yet half a century old, qualify as indisputable classics. If one had to choose a single indispensable volume, though, it would undoubtedly be Edward J. Ruppelt's Report on Unidentified Flying Objects (Doubleday, NY, 1956). From 1951 until 1953, Capt. Ruppelt was in charge of the Air Force investigation of UFOs, such as it was. Report is surprisingly well written - a page-turner in today's parlance -- and told from a unique insider's point of view. Ruppelt is both mystified and sympathetic at the outset. Three or four years later, however, he seems to have had a change of heart. A revized edition of Report appeared with three new skeptical chapters added. The first edition had ended with Chapter Seventeen, "What Are UFO's?" and Ruppelt's conclusion: "Only time will tell."

Link

Cheers.

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Report on the UFO Wave of 1947 -

by Ted Bloecher, Introduction by Dr James E. Mcdonald.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/dbeb36f43b45.jpg[/atsimg]

Link

Alfred Loedding and the great flying saucer wave of 1947 -

by Michael D Hall & Wendy A Conners.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/70fbb924db7b.jpg[/atsimg]

Link (pdf)

The Book of the Damned

by Charles Fort.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a5d4398098a5.jpg[/atsimg]

Link

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 11:11 AM
link   

The UFOs are real -

by Clifford Stone.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/cef50d0e73c2.jpg[/atsimg]

Link (pdf)

UFOs and Anti-gravity -

by Leonard G. Cramp.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/97bff58efb6c.jpg[/atsimg]

Link (pdf)

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by karl 12
The UFOs are real -

by Clifford Stone.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/cef50d0e73c2.jpg[/atsimg]

Thank you very much for this one matey,
I looked for that book for a long time now in second hand bookstores and at second hand bookstalls on market's in Holland but still could not find it so far.

I knew the chance to find it was really very small, but because of your marvelous post here I finally have the chance to read it.

Clifford Stone has for all he did so far regarding making us all aware of the UFO/ET reality a special place in my heart, therefore I am really very happy with this E-book.

Thanks again my friend, you made my day today.

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by spacevisitor

Hey bud, glad you liked it - Clifford does cover some very interesting UFO cases and there's also a great section about the Tehran incident - these pages containing Major Keyhoe's archives are also realy worth a look.

Cheers.

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 12:53 AM
link   
karl12, I just have to point out that you should be getting paid for the work you put into the voluminous quantity of top-notch postage you have bestowed on this site.

Bravo.

I'd also like to point out that Unsolved Mysteries really did a decent job on much of its UFO material. Just realized this recently. Here's where I've been watching them:

www.youtube.com.../c/343ED5B889E6F83D

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Orkojoker

Orkojoker, thanks for the reply matey and you're right about there being some great UFO literature out there (it's just a shame its not all in free E-book format
)

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/15f68d9aada1.png[/atsimg]

Cheers.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by karl 12
Great E-book by Jacques Vallee dealing with UFO occupant reports, folklore and unexplained phenomena:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c3390ec448c6.jpg[/atsimg]

Vallee, Jacques - Passport to Magonia - On UFOs, Folklore, and Parallel Worlds

Excellent find! I've been wanting to read this for quite but used copies on Amazon are just too expensive. Thanks!

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 12:34 AM
link   
And I was wondering why anyone would want/need an iPad. This thread would keep me busy with one for awhile...

Thanx again Karl, and others....

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 12:35 AM
link   
And I was wondering why anyone would want/need an iPad. This thread would keep me busy with one for awhile...

Thanx again Karl, and others....

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Thanks for the replies -here's a good one dealing with the Topanga Canyon UFO sightings of June 14th ,1992.

UFOs over Topanga Canyon: eyewitness accounts of the California sightings By Preston E. Dennett

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/24faceb4418c.jpg[/atsimg]

For more than 50 years, strange activity has been going on in the sky over Topanga Canyon. But the night of June 14, 1992 marked the beginning of a UFO wave of gigantic proportions. On that evening, more than 17 different witnesses observed numerous strange craft flying through the canyon. The activity would continue for more than two years and involve the entire range of UFO phenomenon including sightings, landings, UFO car chases, face-to-face encounters missing time abductions, government cover-up and more. Today, there are more than one hundred witnesses to the activity.

Link

Cheers.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 07:11 PM
link   
FBI Law Enforcement Bulletin, February 1975:

The UFO Mystery, By Dr J Allen Hynek, PHd.

The February 1975 FBI Bulletin contains an article by Dr J Allan Hynek entitled "The UFO Mystery', which briefs FBI officers on UFOs and calls for a coordinated response to UFO reports.

PDF File

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Awesome stuff Brother Karl! You make my evenings of reading in the yard by the fire more interesting every night.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join