It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientific Link to Autism Identified

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by theabsolutetruth
reply to post by riley

Certain foods affect my son's behaviour and it isn't just sugar and e-numbers, additives etc and have long suspected foods containing galatine as well as certain other foods.

If we knew for certain which foods to avoid then life would be so much easier.

I totally agree. Imo allergy testing should be standard when looking at children with behavioural disorders. It is nice to see companies being more pro active in using natural additives.. nowadays parents have more control in their childrens diets. Being able to get gluten free stuff apparently has made a difference with some kids.. thats if you can convince them to actually eat it.
We've had my brother on glutamine for a while and I've noticed he's interacting more and gets grumpy when he misses a dose which is a clue in itself. Every little thing is potentially a clue.. it can be overwhelming trying to take note of eveything but it's worth it in the long run.

[edit on 6-12-2009 by riley]

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 07:17 AM
link   
reply to post by theabsolutetruth

Thats the entire problem with most of you people, you not only expect any and all governments to not only keep you safe and warm, but you expect them to have all the answers too. How about don't rely on government to get anything right.

This will only get worse the more government gets into healthcare, government always hires the lowest bidder to any and all contracts, so what do you get with the lowest bidder? The cheapest products, methods and so forth.

I don't think TPTB is planning this, knew about it or thought it up to control us. I do think that gov is inept, cheap, lazy and irresponsible and negligent until someone finds out their mistakes, then they have to go back and fix the problem, which may or may not happen in our lifetimes.

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by riley

reply to post by riley

Certain foods affect my son's behaviour and it isn't just sugar and e-numbers, additives etc and have long suspected foods containing galatine as well as certain other foods.

I totally agree. Imo allergy testing should be standard when looking at children with behavioural disorders. It is nice to see companies being more pro active in using natural additives.. nowadays parents have more control in their childrens diets. Being able to get gluten free stuff apparently has made a difference with some kids.. thats if you can convince them to actually eat it.
We've had my brother on glutamine for a while and I've noticed he's interacting more and gets grumpy when he misses a dose which is a clue in itself. Ever little thing is potentially a clue.. it can be overwhelming trying to take note of eveything but it's worth it in the long run.

There are actually scientific ways to do this - identify things that cause large differences in behavior within an individual. I've worked with mental health organisations doing such analysis, looking at reducing the frequency of ticks etc.

Is this something people are interested in?

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stinkhorn1

Thats the entire problem with most of you people, you not only expect any and all governments to not only keep you safe and warm, but you expect them to have all the answers too. How about don't rely on government to get anything right.

This will only get worse the more government gets into healthcare, government always hires the lowest bidder to any and all contracts, so what do you get with the lowest bidder? The cheapest products, methods and so forth.

I don't think TPTB is planning this, knew about it or thought it up to control us. I do think that gov is inept, cheap, lazy and irresponsible and negligent until someone finds out their mistakes, then they have to go back and fix the problem, which may or may not happen in our lifetimes.

Thank you for the refreshing logic. If you know anyone in government, just talk to them. It's a huge money wasting, inept organisation that can never get anything done and is always 50 years behind the research on policy - EXCEPT in military

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 07:22 AM
link   
I showed this article to a cousine of mine, whose daughter have autism. What she told me (and she's previously defended the H1N1-vaccine) was that her daughter started getting sick three days after a "routine" vaccination here in Sweden.

I didn't know what to answer her, so I just said, just...like someone else in this thread said earlier. Even if we hold these people responsible, it's not going to get her daughter's life back.

Life just isn't very fair, and even though you do what you think is best for your child...she doesn't deal second chances. The only thing we can do is prevent it from happening to other children.

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 07:40 AM
link   
It makes me wonder what animal Big Pharma harvest the gelatin from. If it's the humble cow... I would be even more concerned! The last thing anyone needs is some traces of BSE in 'the mix'.

IRM

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Can someone confirm if this is based on fact or thought..

My sister in-laws boy is autistic, I'd hate for this to be another false positive, so is this just theory or proven fact at the moment.

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by xelamental
There are actually scientific ways to do this - identify things that cause large differences in behavior within an individual. I've worked with mental health organisations doing such analysis, looking at reducing the frequency of ticks etc.

I'm very interested in it and have considered studying it but in my experience it's parents and families that are being pro active and doctors used to just throw pills at a problem like autism because it seemed so final. Of course doctors encourage a healthy diet but glutamine was recomended by an autism advocate rather than a doctor.. and Vitamin b6 was originally recomended by a teacher. He's just started that yet it's too early to show results as yet.

I do know that children with ADD doctors look at diet for triggers but with (classic) autism most bad behaviour is immediately blamed as being part of the autism rather than being a reaction to something.

I'm just speaking from my own experiences btw. that was about ten years ago (he's an adult now). I do think the next generations of doctors will have a more holistic way of approaching things. Well I hope they will at least.

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mclaneinc

Can someone confirm if this is based on fact or thought..

My sister in-laws boy is autistic, I'd hate for this to be another false positive, so is this just theory or proven fact at the moment.

It's just a piece of the puzzle. I know what you mean about false hope.. there does not seem to be any one single answer to autism. It does have the potential to lead to more answers.

I guess it all depends on what type of autism he has as well.

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 08:07 AM
link   
This isn't even theory. These people have made a model. They haven't tested it. They are just plain guessing.

Ever hear of the hundreds of drugs that will "cure" some disease within 5 years? Those drugs have 10-100million poured into them, and < 1% actually make it to market.

This is at best n hypothesis, at worst, fraud. Wait until someone tests this "model" on the data from 100,000 people before you make up your mind. I won't be holding my breath, as no one who knows what they are doing claims a cause before they have tested it.

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 08:08 AM
link   
They are trying to distract us from the other bad things in the vaccine. They can maybe find some other filler instead of gelatin and then keep giving the vaccine and kids will still get sick. I think it might play a part, but it has to involve the mercury and other crap as well. And probably gelatin makes it more likely that mercury will effect the brain. This is upsetting. I really think this is largely a distraction tactic. It may play a part but not the main part. Should kids never eat Jello? What about all the pills made with gelatin? They give kids pills for autism....add some more gelatin? hmmm. Its not like kids get a vaccine everyday. They probably get more in jello. So...the vaccine does go right to the brain...I still don;t see that as enough to mess them up forever. Now mercury......My uncle killed himself from going crazy after mercury poisoning, he was a dentist. I'm not saying autism is crazy, just that mercury does effect the brain.

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 08:10 AM
link   

I'm very interested in it and have considered studying it but in my experience it's parents and families that are being pro active and doctors used to just throw pills at a problem like autism because it seemed so final. Of course doctors encourage a healthy diet but glutamine was recomended by an autism advocate rather than a doctor.. and Vitamin b6 was originally recomended by a teacher. He's just started that yet it's too early to show results as yet.

I do know that children with ADD doctors look at diet for triggers but with (classic) autism most bad behaviour is immediately blamed as being part of the autism rather than being a reaction to something.

I'm just speaking from my own experiences btw. that was about ten years ago (he's an adult now). I do think the next generations of doctors will have a more holistic way of approaching things. Well I hope they will at least.

I'm not sure you understand. There are methodologies to determine if a particular supplement actually causes a beneficial response. If a treatment actually helps the symptoms at all, or if it's a waste of money. For the individual (we all know we react differently to different drugs).

This is simply a method to figure out what's causing you the biggest benefit in a rigorous fashion.

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by rubyeyes
They are trying to distract us from the other bad things in the vaccine. They can maybe find some other filler instead of gelatin and then keep giving the vaccine and kids will still get sick. I think it might play a part, but it has to involve the mercury and other crap as well. And probably gelatin makes it more likely that mercury will effect the brain. This is upsetting. I really think this is largely a distraction tactic. It may play a part but not the main part. Should kids never eat Jello? What about all the pills made with gelatin? They give kids pills for autism....add some more gelatin? hmmm. Its not like kids get a vaccine everyday. They probably get more in jello. So...the vaccine does go right to the brain...I still don;t see that as enough to mess them up forever. Now mercury......My uncle killed himself from going crazy after mercury poisoning, he was a dentist. I'm not saying autism is crazy, just that mercury does effect the brain.

Rubyeyes, would you take the vaccines if they contained nothing else but water? People would still blame things that HAPPEN to be done to children at the same time as autism first shows itself.

If autism is caused by the vaccine, why would every state have a different percentage of children with autism?

wakingsophie.com...

Doesn't this point to something like GENES instead? I know it's not what people want to hear, but it's much more likely. Genes are responsible for cancer risks, heart disease, multiple sclerosis, and many, many other diseases. Why not autism?

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 08:25 AM
link   
If this stuff was added to the vaccine in the 1979 then how did it cause autism in people who got vaccinated before that?
And there is no difference whether it's digested or injected into your body. hydrolyzed gelatine, also known as collagen peptide, is a peptide that is formed from amino acids. The amino acids are linked through peptide bonds which get broken down when they react with water.
This isn't the first time when someone links a peptide to some neurological disorder.
Mothers often try to blame someone else on their problems. Why not blame your genes? There have been numerous studies that link genetic mutations to these disorders.

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 08:36 AM
link   

I'm not sure you understand.

I just love being patronised..

There are methodologies to determine if a particular supplement actually causes a beneficial response. If a treatment actually helps the symptoms at all, or if it's a waste of money. For the individual (we all know we react differently to different drugs).

This is simply a method to figure out what's causing you the biggest benefit in a rigorous fashion.

Doctors test or look for symptoms of deficiency. If someone is obviously deficient in something they then recommend supplements. The cause of autism is not known so there is no reason for doctors to suspect and treat deficiency.

The rest of your post.. you basically just told me stuff I already know and reitterated points already made so I'm not sure why you replied at all. Rest assured I do understand wtf I'm talking about so if you feel another compulsion to "teach" me maybe you could just keep it to yourself hmmkay?

edit. I would prefer this dicussion not devolve into bickering so please respect other peoples' opinions. There was no reason for you to assume I didn't have a clue.

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Chett

We avoid processed foods also for my son and for years we don't even drink the tap water, like the reactions from food you mentioned when de sensitised we cannot drink tap water, there are so many chemicals in there, I can even smell them now.

The difficulty with even grain is there are chemicals used to treat them when growing, even organic could have certain reactive chemicals and we don't touch sugar as a rule, even unrefined, it makes me gag now as does chocolate.

Sacharin is a safe natural sugar derivitive we use it in everything that used to contain sugar, breakfast cereal etc.

Regarding cereals, we have found oats very very good and my son eats these everyday, they have a known calming effect. Bananas are also very good.

If anyone has any tips or results from their own findings I will be welcome to hear them.

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 08:40 AM
link   

reply to post by riley

We've had my brother on glutamine for a while and I've noticed he's interacting more and gets grumpy when he misses a dose which is a clue in itself. Every little thing is potentially a clue.. it can be overwhelming trying to take note of eveything but it's worth it in the long run.

Absolutely.

Here in the UK allergy screening isn't given generally and mentioning it to paediatrician got no results.

I will look into glutamine, if it works and is safe then it's worth trying.

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by DGFenrir
If this stuff was added to the vaccine in the 1979 then how did it cause autism in people who got vaccinated before that?
And there is no difference whether it's digested or injected into your body. hydrolyzed gelatine, also known as collagen peptide, is a peptide that is formed from amino acids. The amino acids are linked through peptide bonds which get broken down when they react with water.
This isn't the first time when someone links a peptide to some neurological disorder.
Mothers often try to blame someone else on their problems. Why not blame your genes? There have been numerous studies that link genetic mutations to these disorders.

Even though your post looks like nasty trolling of the most despicable sort, I will reply.

When your child who is perfectly normal and very very well behaved has an IMMEDIATE AND FRIGHTENING REACTION to and an IMMEDIATE BEHAVIOUR ALTERATION after getting a VACCINE the logical answer is to look at that which CAUSED THE REACTION.

BASIC SCIENTIFIC PRINCIPLES....IF I KNICKED YOU AND YOUR LEG HURT YOU WOULD ASSUME IT WAS THE KICKING OF THE LEG THAT MADE IT HURT?...RIGHT????

Oh and I will clarify I am not shouting at you nor would I kick you in the leg but think about it.....it's a NATURAL REACTION and RATIONAL THOUGH PROCESS.

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stinkhorn1

The government are generally not good, though here in the UK it was agovernment directive to give all children MMR immunisations, we even got warnings for not taking my son to his second dose as a year or so after was told the particular batch we were given wasn't ''strong enough'' and they were re-immunising.

There was also a lot of propaganda against parents not allowing their children to get the MMR vaccine.

We felt pressured and were persuaded on agreeing to it.

We trusted the government and and the NHS and will never trust them again.

We said no and had to explain to the health authorities the reason., which was needless to say not taken lightly.

Do not presume to know me or infer government dependence.

Facts are, the government caused this mess and they should be doing their best to rectify it.

Additionally, here in the UK the NHS (National Health Service) is part of the government, we pay taxes to fund this, it is supposedly included in our rights.

[edit on 6-12-2009 by theabsolutetruth]

[edit on 6-12-2009 by theabsolutetruth]

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by DGFenrir

Even though your post looks like nasty trolling of the most despicable sort, I will reply.

When your child who is perfectly normal and very very well behaved has an IMMEDIATE AND FRIGHTENING REACTION to and an IMMEDIATE BEHAVIOUR ALTERATION after getting a VACCINE the logical answer is to look at that which CAUSED THE REACTION.

BASIC SCIENTIFIC PRINCIPLES....IF I KNICKED YOU AND YOUR LEG HURT YOU WOULD ASSUME IT WAS THE KICKING OF THE LEG THAT MADE IT HURT?...RIGHT????

Oh and I will clarify I am not shouting at you nor would I kick you in the leg but think about it.....it's a NATURAL REACTION and RATIONAL THOUGH PROCESS.

I never said that vaccines can't trigger autism. People can be allergic to almost anything. My point was that I don't find it very plausible that a simple amino acid is the cause of that. Even if it is then there is no way anyone can accuse the pharma companies. Do you really expect them to know every single allergic or abnormal reaction that someone might have to some compound in their product that normal and healthy people don't have?
And as I already said I suspect genetic mutations and just because these companies aren't aware of possible reactions doesn't make them guilty.
Ever heard of water allergy?

[edit on 6/12/2009 by DGFenrir]

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join