It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gordon Brown: climate-change sceptics are 'flat-earthers'

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 01:38 PM
link   

www.telegraph.co.uk

Mr Brown last night insisted that the science on climate change in settled, and accused those who question the consensus of being outdated.

He said: "With only days to go before Copenhagen we mustn't be distracted by the behind-the-times, anti-science, flat-earth climate sceptics. We know the science. We know what we must do.”
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Lol, it just shows you have rubbish there data is that they resort to calling people names, lol.

Most of us here, think aliens are real, and ufos are real. Is that not forward thinking.I think the idea of one europe is great, and thats forward thinking.

On the flat earth remark, we already here rubbished that idea in a thread, and most of us thought the idea was rubbish(we all accept teh world is round, lol). We understand what science should be and should not be. Science should be truth and not some case of people using fake science for political gain or money gain.

What gets me, is they resort to these sort of games, and people think people against gw are anti anything in science, no we are anti lies,a nd corruption. We want the public to understand gore conned them, and there is no such thing as agw, lol

www.telegraph.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 12/5/2009 by andy1033]

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Gordon Brown. The very same guy who makes us all believe he won his place at Number 10 fairly?, or has spent 850bn of our money on saving "the world" and not Black Projects.

I think a lot of people in the UK already know that every word that comes out of his mouth is a pack of lies, a pack of laughing Hyenas are more trustworthy than those in Parliament.

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 01:49 PM
link   
al gore and all others who are claiming we have a man made global warming trend are responsible for the economic down turn .. Al gore is the one who made wrong spending possible and who made the resession possible. If people would have spend there money into the economy and into good governement we wouldn't have had a resession.
But no we are going to spend money on 300 different types of electric cars and into windmills and then they find it strange that the economy fell ..
they should have spend money into production and making the infrastructure more relayble .. but now they are throwing it into hundreds of projects with no real end and no real point..
People like Al Gore are only saying it because of the money they earn through there lies and just the same with Gordon Brown.
And then saying we have to spend money on wind mills .. just like when we are going to outerspace and going to find a Faster then light propulsion with the use of wind mills.. the only sain idea is nuclear fusion but now we are going to invest into wind and solar energy and if there is something real and more dangerous than global warming is going to happen.. Like a astroid impact we haven't got the technology to go and do something about it because we have spend money on the wrong technology just because it sounds green to invest in windmills.

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033

Lol, it just shows you have rubbish there data is that they resort to calling people names, lol.

Oh, you mean like birthers, truthers, conservative nutjobs, and bush loving war mongers?

Name calling is the latest measure governments have come up with in order to deal with people, questions, and ideas they don't like. Sadly, it's caught on and can now be found in the MSM, ATS, Congress, etc.

As for the latest from Brown, I expect nothing less than complete disregard for the facts and only a willingness to bankrupt as many citizens as possible in the process. The poorer the masses - the more powerful they get.

Mark my words - the USA and UK and others I'm sure will leave Copenhagen with one thing and one thing only: The name and amount of the tax that we are going to be paying in order for them to tinker around with the environment. How else would they get the money to create clouds and change the weather that eventually could be used in war? This way, they can do it out in the open all in the name of saving mother nature from herself.

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 02:08 PM
link   
well, at least it has come to name calling, it shows in my mind that they know their science is flawed, and we are now down to the nitty gritty of how to divy up what remains of the worlds wealth..

just my thoughts.

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by lpowell0627

Name calling has always been part of the mob mentality. Just goes to show the planet has cooled and they cannot go round speaking of warming at the mo.

This reminds me of the rubbish arguments put up by richard dawkins, who just starts debates by belittling everyone into religion, because his views are just not answers either.

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 03:17 PM
link   
A tad defensive for a leader of one of the most powerful countries in the world. Ya think? I don't know if the earth is flat, but I do know some people who can use some flattening.

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033

Yea well, according to that fool so are people who believe in actually electing their officials.

I can't believe it wasn't opposed, shows how easily an ideal like democracy can be perverted. In the blink of an eye with no backward glance.

More information is coming out regarding the opposing theories to man made global warming. I can't hope for much more than people actually researching it and coming to their own their conclusions. Even if in agreement with man-made global warming at least they bothered forming an opinion rather than adopting the espoused one.

EMM

[edit on 5-12-2009 by ElectroMagnetic Multivers]

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 04:01 PM
link   
I've been keeping up with the news on climate change since the hacked email news came out

and let me tell you these guys are going in full force

they are VERY commited to making this happen let me tell you that much

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 04:08 PM
link   
He's just upset that his global group of elite criminals might not get the funding they require to do more crimes against humanity and to keep paying their mercs.

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 04:14 PM
link   
It seems as though the PTB have been caught with their pants around their ankles. Now settle in and watch how the MSM downplays the leaked e-mails and makes skeptics seem as though they should be ostracized by "normal" thinking people. This is gonna be great.

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by jackflap

It seems as though the PTB have been caught with their pants around their ankles. Now settle in and watch how the MSM downplays the leaked e-mails and makes skeptics seem as though they should be ostracized by "normal" thinking people. This is gonna be great.

Does it really count as getting caught with your pants down if you have very thick protective glass all around you?

They are just flashing us

I hope this is going to be great
A great failure perhaps

Just goes to show that eventually the unstoppable force is going to meet the immovable object
Have to make sure to stick to that agenda afterall
Lucky them and their MSM brainwashing. I don't think ATS is a large percentage of the population unfortunately. More people need to realize this, or at least not outright call people nutter butter when they bring it up.

Strange times we live in

[edit on 5-12-2009 by '___'omino]

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by jackflap

It seems as though the PTB have been caught with their pants around their ankles.

Mmm, so these hacked emails drop out of the sky a couple weeks before the Copenhagen thingie and the "ptb" have been caught with their pants down?

Which ptb would that be?

Sheesh, this used to be a conspiracy theory site back in the day.

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

Just think of the whole green initiative or agenda, and the scare mongering that accompanies it. I mean the visuals of the ice bergs collapsing and the oceans rising and stuff along those lines. How does that affect you when you are exposed to this type of stuff? Does it make you feel just a little guilty about things that are common place to you? Does it make you feel as though you should be doing a little more to help this noble cause of saving the earth? Now think about those feelings on a global scale. Those PTB.

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by jackflap

Meh, that's just middle management pitted against each other ... basic motivational skillz in any large organization.

The peeps that run the show couldn't care less if you run your car on dead triceratops or fruitcake, they have their hands in both.

I've sid it before and I'll say it again, this whole "climategate" thing is bread and circuses at best a red herring at worst. Wait a minute ... HERRING - DENMARK!!!!!!!!!!! It's all coming together!!!!

Seriously though, Gordon Brown ain't da PTB.

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

Oh, I couldn't agree more about Gordon Brown. You may be right about it all being the bread and circuses thing though. We'll see how the whole Copenhagen super summit pans out.

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Flat Line

Thank goodness we are fortunate enough to have so many politicians lecturing us about The Science.

God forbid anyone should be so crass as to question authority or profess anything other than absolute, unwavering belief in the proven fact of global warming/climate change.

After all, it's insane to disagree with Science in the face of so much overwhelming evidence. Only flat-earthers would suggest otherwise.

I mean heck, what will the deniers try next? Argue that CO2 isn't causing global warming?

Certainly, the last thing Science needs is more inconvenience.

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Gordon Brown and New Labour's motto is: "If it ain't broke, fix it". It's serously disturbing to know that this man is now trying to fix our planet. Yikes!!

"Anti-science, flat-earth climate sceptics". Can this man get any more sad and pathetic.
Someone seriously needs to take this moron out back and knock him flat on his ass.

[edit on 6-12-2009 by kindred]

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by kindred

too right.

If he can dish it out he can take it.

Calling me names, i can do that too just call him labour leader, whats worse than that haha.

We need to give the people power agian, let your voices and feet be heard.

[edit on 6-12-2009 by thecrow001]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join