It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can all cell phone towers be used like haarp, and joined together for one big version of haarp?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Do you think, as we know cell phones towers are used to target people or what ever with frequencies. But do you think its possible that all the towers all over the world can be turned into one big haarp antenna, like the ones in alaska.

Is this possible, to do on such a big scale, lol

[edit on 12/5/2009 by andy1033]

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 12:29 PM
link   
With some heavy modification...no.

HAARP directs all it's energy straight up into the ionosphere. Cell towers direct their energy sideways.

Each antenna in the HAARP array produces a powerful signal. Cell towers produce a weak signal.

The antennae of the HAARP array are precisely arranged in a grid pattern. Cell towers are pretty randomly distributed.

[edit on 12/5/2009 by Phage]

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 12:31 PM
link   
thx for the info.

Was just wondering.

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Phage how about using them like an array?

The OP has a novel idea. Not to effect directly a certain point, but maybe to effect the ionosphere in a certain way.

Totally unfamiliar with array tech though.

edit to add-I can remember seeing something about a huge distance array being used. Something like radio antenna set all over the US.

A huge spread out array to be used as an observatory which would make it like a lens(per se) as huge as the distance between them.

[edit on 12/5/2009 by endisnighe]

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by endisnighe

I agree it's an interesting idea.

Because the towers are linked it makes the basic idea feasible but the infrastructure doesn't support it.

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 12:44 PM
link   
I think alot more is possible than we can even fathom. We all know how far ahead of the technology curve the govt stays ahead of the general public. I never looked into the haarp thing at all until i saw the new Jesse Ventura "conspiracy theory" show and I was blown away. If they dont have it already im sure they are steadily working to develop something that can fry all our brains at once!

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 12:46 PM
link   
So do you agree that they may be linked?

If so, can anyone come up with suggestions like above, of what purpose they may be all linked, and how it may work. Also try to write in terms of painting a picture, for the layperson, so they can understand your ideas on this.

People are always talking about these towers as in singular thing, but i was wondering if we are not thinking big enough,a nd what possible things could such a thing do?

[edit on 12/5/2009 by andy1033]

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

They are linked. That's how they work.
www.howstuffworks.com...

The cellular approach requires a large number of base stations in a city of any size. A typical large city can have hundreds of towers. But because so many people are using cell phones, costs remain low per user. Each carrier in each city also runs one central office called the Mobile Telephone Switching Office (MTSO). This office handles all of the phone connections to the normal land-based phone system, and controls all of the base stations in the region.

[edit on 12/5/2009 by Phage]

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 01:35 PM
link   
I remember reading a few years ago that cellphone transmitters could be used as a radar device to track steath aircraft, wether it was true or not im not sure. I also remember the americans were not happy with this and the project seemed to stop. However i found this dated 2002.www.cellular-news.com...

top topics

join