It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Clashes between English Defence League and anti-fascists marr homecoming parade of Afghan heroes Re

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Clashes between English Defence League and anti-fascists marr homecoming parade of Afghan heroes Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...[/headlin e]
www.dailym ail.co.uk

Hundreds of protesters gathered in the centre of Nottingham to demonstrate against the English Defence League ahead of a planned rally by the far right group.

Some 300 members of Unite Against Fascism staged a protest in the city's market square, waving placards reading 'Stop the EDL' and 'Jobs and homes, no to Fascism'.

The demonstrators were surrounded by dozens of police officers, some with Alsatians while others were photographing and filming the protest.

(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.englishdefenceleague.org

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 12:18 PM
link   
I am extremely interested in this group - they are mooted to be purely demonstrating against radical islam.

There are various sources which state they have clashed with muslims in Nottingham rather than anti-fascists...

Other news sources are reporting that there were over 500 protesters and were shouting: "We want our country back", and waved placards which read: "Protect Women, No To Sharia" and "No Surrender".

Doesnt sound particulary fascist to me. As a Scot, I am interested in your thoughts and further information.

www.dailym ail.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 12:41 PM
link   
I am unsure where to stand with the EDL/UAF thing.. I can take a position on the BNP/UAF and dislike both groups.. but am unsure of the EDL..

Fortunatly for me the only problems we have here is the Establishment, rather than specific groups. So like you am interested in this Group to understand where they are coming from and who (if anyone) is driving them (I don't personally feel it is the BNP)

[edit on 5/12/09 by thoughtsfull]

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 01:17 PM
link   
EDL is a neo-fascist group. They state that they are 'not fascists', yet if you look at photo's of them, they have very few to no 'foreign' ethnicities or creeds in their ranks. Also, they seem to be made up of 'CHAV' stock with no intellectual base in their ranks - you don't see anyone that appears to have brain cells to rub together in their ranks do you?

I believe they are a fascist mob - with specific concerns against Muslims. They don't want to appear with the BNP, purely and simply because the BNP takes the heat on the fascism issue so that the EDL can do their thing unhindered. Quite clever actually - the media only has room for one evil fascist group to hate.

The UAF are an unusual beast. They have an intellectual support base, but it doesn't appear to do much. Instead they lower themselves to the sort of behaviour that the EDL dishes out - and there are far more UAF people willing to go out and protest than EDL folk do. Very odd. I don't know what to make of them yet.

In my learned opinion, these groups and the positions they take hark back to the Nationalist / Communist gang confrontations that took place in Europe between 1918 and 1960. It is a repeat of the build-up that led to the second world war. I hope people remember their history lessons.

The Para.

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Parallex

The UAF appear a very bizzare grouping, I was and am suprised that members of the UAF resort to burning Union flags, where on earth does behaving that way get them..

As for the EDL.. History has also shown us enough protests by the poor not to resort to generalising against them becuase of their interlect or dress sense.

I personally feel the establishment is more to blame for creating the situation where groups like the BNP and UAF become popular. This is and always will be their frankenstein.

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 01:33 PM
link   
They enjoy being British, yet are so hell-bent on destroying parts of it whenever they go on marches like these. I never understood that Ideaology.
"we'll march for our country we love so well, but at the same time we'll destroy everything we see and act like mindless thugs."

Also another Ideaology I dont understand of these people. They hate Muslim head-dress yet go around wearing balaclavas, Hoodies or scarves so only the whites of their eyes are visible..a direct resemblance to the very same thing they despite and are fighting against.

[edit on 5/12/09 by ROBL240]

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Parallex

In my learned opinion, these groups and the positions they take hark back to the Nationalist / Communist gang confrontations that took place in Europe between 1918 and 1960. It is a repeat of the build-up that led to the second world war. I hope people remember their history lessons.

The Para.

We know they don't study history and those who do are a minority, this is why world wars are so much easier to conduct in comparison to scalable national wars.

"Naturally the common people don't want war, but after all, it is the leaders of a country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag people along whether it is a democracy or a fascist dictatorship, or a paliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the poeple can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. This is easy. All you have to do is to sell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in every
country."

Reich-Marshall
Nuremburg Trials WWII

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 08:43 PM
link   
the EDL do not start the trouble unless thay get fenced in to fields by police. thay have legitimate grievances with the way our gov is selling us out go read the site. yes the EDL are made up of mostly lower classes(a.k.a. CHAVs by people who like to demean the lower class) because thay are the people who live with the muslims, thay see the slow invasion and the backward way these people want YOU to live. thay see the places the muslims have made in to ghettos some of them are no go areas for whites nowadays. thay hear and see the muslims mock and abuse our charity and welfare systems and have simply had enough

don`t get me wrong i know the muslims are not all individualy bad but the movement of islam is bad to the core so it needs to be stopped from spreading to the west

The UAF are mostly just rent-a-mob people paid by the far left and gov with afew real people thrown in all thay do is turn up and kick off screeming facist but the cops seem to be more easy going towards them than the EDL.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 09:24 PM
link   
I joined the EDL's forum a while back - over a year ago - when they first started up. You'd be amazed at the number of professional, every-day people like me who wanted to join - but we were totally outnumbered by their core of footie-hooligan, anti-Islam members.

I agree in principal with their message - ie no RADICAL Islam, no to Sharia etc, allow Brit patriotism etc but I'm afraid they're not the group to get that message across - sadly, people do and will judge on their outward appearance and apparent (although some are very savvy I should add) lack of insight in to matters of patriotism/Islam etc.

As for the UAF - mostly the great-unwashed Uni student who just wants a ruck, thinks multi-culturalism works (hahah) and wants to be seen sticking up for the the "little guy".. hmmm right - oh and a shed-load of Muslims who ALSO congregate in hoodies and masks at these events.

EDL sniffs too much of BNP, too, for the nation's liking... but I believe there will be a HUGE backlash - it's just the EDL won't lead it.

[edit on 20-4-2010 by MoorfNZ]

new topics

top topics

join