It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Egyptian Pyramids Creation Solved

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 11:56 AM
link   
This is my favorite theory on the Pyramids creation from Jean-Pierre Houdin. It comes from evidence inside the Pyramid themselves and can show how it was done by man power. No need for Aliens or mechanical equipment.

From the website: www.3ds.com...

"The secret of the construction of the pyramid of Khufu in Egypt has always held people in fascination. Numerous theories have been put forward but none has yet stood up to analysis.

Eight years ago, the architect Jean-Pierre Houdin had a flash of intuition and developed a revolutionary theory. Considering Khufu' monumental undertaking as the first industrial construction project in history, he turned to Dassault Systèmes technology to test his hypotheses and feed his thought processes. So it was that he joined the 'Passion for Innovation' programme.

Having demonstrated the validity of the theory with the aid of their scientific 3D solutions, Dassault Systèmes invite you to enjoy an extraordinary journey through time and space. Relive the Great Pyramid construction project in real-time 3D!"

If you go to his website you can download a 3D movie that will walk you through the whole thing in detail. It uses a special viewer and is Not the same as the movie above.

I believe this is the most interesting theory I have seen, it is the most believable and logical.

Enjoy! If you like S&F!

[edit on 5-12-2009 by JohnPhoenix]

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Yeah I've been there and seen the video before.

I think it's the most spot on REAL view of how it was accomplished.

Still...

I have to say even with the basic nuts and bolts it is still amazing and one hell of an accomplishment that we even in this era of high tech achievements have very little really that can compare with what they did through blood, sweat and tears.

Sure we have surpassed them in size and material but one needs to ask ourselves have we modern man created anything as lasting as what the ancients have?

Maybe some of our larger concrete projects if that.

If we end up doing ourselves in maybe in a few thousands years when the next wave of humans reach our level somebody may find some bits of alloy on the moon that's about it.

[edit on 5-12-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Good find. I, obviously, never believed in "alien" technology anyways. But, 30+ years of slave labor will get alot of strong structures built.

Originally posted by SLAYER69
Sure we have surpassed them in size and material but one needs to ask ourselves have we modern man created anything as lasting as what the ancients have?

Maybe some of our larger concrete projects if that.

Well, if greedy, ignorant people didn't take short-cuts with our concrete fabrication, and building engineering to save money, I think they would last longer. Unless we started building in pure stone again.

How many time do we hear about failures in structures because of faulty materials?
Minneapolis Bridge
Ways concrete fails?
Faulty Buildings Overseas

[edit on 5-12-2009 by havok]

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Yeah, I think we could do it, and further I think we SHOULD do it.

We should build a huge Pyramid ourselves as a time capsule with all kinds of things in it. Including nuclear battery powered PC's filled with great stuff.

this would be an awesome thing for future man to open and actually know something about the past as opposed to just guessing like we do now.

I also find the pyramids in China interesting.. they look just like the Egyptian pyramids.

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 01:51 PM
link   
An internal ramp sounds good, but why hasn't it been found.
Was it filled in ?
... and with a limited work force , and time , maybe elephants , and a block and tackle system ? ... using an external ramp , with sighting
poles on each level , at each corner , extending above the temporary
spiral ramp ?

also, have heard a legend of levitating blocks with sound waves...?

[edit on 5-12-2009 by radarloveguy]

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by radarloveguy
An internal ramp sounds good, but why hasn't it been found.
Was it filled in ?

Nope it's still there.
Nobody has ever come up with a plausible explanation/Function for the rectangular holes running the entire length on either side.

Looks like they once had some sort of purpose.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/474ce02f41a4.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 02:24 PM
link   
I think at this stage its more or less established that the pyramids, and perhaps other megalith contructions around the world, were easily done via artificial stone making. There is undisputable proof of this, such as analysis of the limestone used, that shows its in fact an artificial polymer.

Feel free to browse:

www.geopolymer.org...

In this site you examine such evidence as

This photo shows a sample of the casing from the ascending passage of Kheops great pyramid, given by the French egyptologist Jean-Philippe Lauer in 1982 to J. Davidovits. Now, the cross section is characterised by the presence of organic fibers and air bubbles that do not exist in normal situation, especially in a 60 millions years old limestone from the eocene ere !

Such a simple, and yet elegant solution. No aliens, no levitation, just advanced use of the materials at hand.

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 02:36 PM
link   
The casing (finished surface) stones were limestone, were possibly poured, but the support structure of the Great Pyramid is comprised of granite blocks. The ancient Egyptians used no such thing as granite concrete — a concrete made of granite aggregate would never have the structural integrity of solid granite, which was essential for construction.

— Doc Velocity

[edit on 12/5/2009 by Doc Velocity]

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnPhoenix

6 million stones
Average of 3.5 tonnes each
100 years to build (lifetime of three kings)

One stone would have to be cut transported and set every 8.5 minutes...
...day and night without allowing for weather and other factors...
...for 100 years.

You are dreaming!

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by troubleshooter

6 million stones

...for 100 years.

You are dreaming!

I agree, the stats don't lie. So how did they lift a 200 ton block of granit over 300 feet in the air?????

Read Graham Hancock' "Fingerprints of the Gods" if you have any doubt's.

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Wasn't there already a question of this and missing waste from the external ramp is missing? The starting ramp to get to the middle area I mean?

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 08:56 PM
link   

6 million stones

...for 100 years.

You are dreaming!

And your point is?????

If there ARE 6 million stones, they weigh 3.5 tons each and it took 100 years to build then How do YOU propose they did it?

It has Obviously been done the Pyramid IS there. How do you know your lifespan of the 3 kings = 100 years is accurate?

Why couldn't they have set a stone every 8.5 minutes?

Why do you assume that could not have been done given enough manpower and resources?

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by downunderET

I don't have access to Graham Hancock's book, Why don't you give me the highlights.. How does he say the Pyramids were built?

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnPhoenix

6 million stones

...for 100 years.

You are dreaming!

And your point is?????

If there ARE 6 million stones, they weigh 3.5 tons each and it took 100 years to build then How do YOU propose they did it?

It has Obviously been done the Pyramid IS there. How do you know your lifespan of the 3 kings = 100 years is accurate?

Why couldn't they have set a stone every 8.5 minutes?

Why do you assume that could not have been done given enough manpower and resources?

My point is that your guy might be onto something with the internal ramp...
...but he doesn't explain the real problem...
...the logistics of cutting transporting and assembling that many pieces with the precision evident in the structure.

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 09:36 PM
link   

...the logistics of cutting transporting and assembling that many pieces with the precision evident in the structure.

Not a problem at all. Synthetic stone.

Link 1

Link 2

Link 3

The theory has some holes i believe, but it solves many of the current problems with logistics.

[edit on 5/12/2009 by serbsta]

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by troubleshooter

Oh I see.. Well I don't think he claims to have found all the answers but at least the internal ramp theory is a good one. Perhaps others will find the rest of those answers.

downunderET:

I haven't read anything by Hancock, but in this thread there seem to be a LOT of people who think he's a fraud:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

And they seem to have a lot of good sound reasons why they think this.

I haven't made up my mind yet.. He seems to have a lot of theories about a lot of stuff and his books are huge (many pages). This is going to take me some time to digest this guy and his thoughts.

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Although I didn't find myself agreeing with many things in Fingerprints of the Gods, overall I found it an amazing book because it did touch on some issues which make you raise further questions. A book that does that is worth a read, I highly recommend it. But you won't agree with a lot of things, that's natural.

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Jean-Pierre Houdin maybe on to something.It is the first time I have heard of the 7% incline ramp on the inside of the pyramid.And I must say, it is pretty impressive. Hopefully, with time, the mysteries will reveal themselves.I honestly believe that masonry is a lost art in its own.And like Slayer69 said, there was alot of blood,sweat, and tears to go with it. Good find
Graham Hancocks' Fingerprints of the Gods, is a good read and has a few good points in it, you should check it out.

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 12:38 AM
link   
The simplest explanation is based on the confirmed "artificiality" of the stone work.

Already discussed previously in my thread:
New research strongly suggests the Giza pyramids were constructed using artificial stone

at www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 6/12/09 by tauristercus]

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Okay, what I'm going to say is from a common sense point of view so bear with me. In other words, its just an idea of mine and has no scientific basis.

The biggest assumption that most people seem to make is: once it was decided to construct the Pyramids that the Egyptians began the WHOLE project immediately. What I mean to say is that they cut a stone, transported it and set it into place all in one go. Why? Wouldn't it have been easier to cut all or most of the stones needed beforehand and then transport/store them first before construction actually began? After all, one would think that even beforehand the Egyptians knew this would take several generations of labor to accomplish so why overcomplicate things?

Therefore you'd have the project split into several different stages:

1)design
2)assemblage of construction materials
3)Pyramid actually being put together

And the entire work force could then be used to concentrate on a specific part of the job i.e. everyone quarries...everyone transports...everyone helps put the stones into place, etcetera.

Seems to me all of this would streamline the process considerably and would in consequence decrease the time it would take for the overall construction. **shrugs** Like I said though, this is just an idea of mine so take it as you will.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join