It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Statue of Liberty 9/11

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Another odd thing ive noticed on 9/11, wether this was intentional or not after the attacks, was that the flame on the Statue of Liberty was extinguished.
I dont recall the Mayor or any other officals officially declaring this?

(with the flame)
www.inetours.com...

(9/11 aftermath)
jesusinthefoxhole.com...

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 08:38 AM
link   
really? the statue in that picture still has the flame its just covered with dust and smoke. sorry it doesnt have the shine you want.

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by ROBL240
Another odd thing ive noticed on 9/11, wether this was intentional or not after the attacks, was that the flame on the Statue of Liberty was extinguished.
I dont recall the Mayor or any other officals officially declaring this?

(with the flame)
www.inetours.com...

(9/11 aftermath)
jesusinthefoxhole.com...

Well, the "flame" is clearly not a real flame and therefore cannot be extinguished. But yeah it is blackened looking in the "aftermath" photo. Very strange for sure and I have no idea why what was.

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Myendica
really? the statue in that picture still has the flame its just covered with dust and smoke. sorry it doesnt have the shine you want.

The wind was not blowing in a direction where the statue of liberty should have been effected on 9/11. While I don't plan to break out a protractor I believe there was a 90 degree difference in the direction of the wind to the direction of the statue of liberty on 9/11. I saw the video and for as long as I saw the smoke I saw it blowing in the generally same direction. Therefore it makes little to no sense why the gold flame is blackened. It could be a photoshop job to make the picture look more grim... but I don't know.

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 08:49 AM
link   
right but was this picture taken on 9/11 or 9/12. or what day was it taken? and for the flame picture, was that taken recently? or way before 9/11.? i think its just an insignificant point. wasn't it closed for restoration? maybe it was dirty and they have since cleaned it. ?

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Myendica
right but was this picture taken on 9/11 or 9/12. or what day was it taken? and for the flame picture, was that taken recently? or way before 9/11.? i think its just an insignificant point. wasn't it closed for restoration? maybe it was dirty and they have since cleaned it. ?

Good questions and I think you'd have to do all kinds of research to figure this one out. I think you're idea about it being dirty is the most believable answer yet. Its surprising how dirty they let it get if that is the case though.

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 08:58 AM
link   
The picture was taken on the late afternoon of 9/11, The angle of the Sun meaning either the officals had already taken down the Flame. Or as mentioned earlier, its been Photoshopped out.

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 09:04 AM
link   
the picture with the clorful flame, was that taken this year? the properties say it was created july 5th 2009.

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 09:05 AM
link   
ootp.files.wordpress.com...

Looks like it was a Photoshop job, given this image where the flame is visible. The Distance put between the Statue and the WTC is far too great for it to have been coated completely like that without the entire Statue also being effected.

The question now is, why is Photoshopped images of 9/11 being used on front-covers of Books and Archives?

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by ROBL240

The statues torch is solid copper with a gold leafing for protection. It works off of reflection. In the picture you included it's just the angle and light conditions that make it appear "exstinguished".

top topics

join