It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brood of Terror

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 10:25 PM
link   
The ultimate outcome of this war.. and what the future may hold.

Children are born both in the Western Culture and in the arab Muslim world... what do we know of them?

What will they have learned from us?

Are we breeding the future terrorists?

Through the eyes of children we could see with far more clarity the impact of the events in this war on terrorism has had on them.. But we cannot see that... Can we?

Do children only mirror those adults they are surrounded by? will these children grow up to be just like these that surround them?

I am afraid that is the case, I know growing up I never seen things on a global scale as my children have and the children of this world.

September 11 affected children in both western/christian culture and in the Muslim world. They are the future.. and that future will call to them as those before them.

We (Humanity) have created a brood of terror.

And in the not so distant future you will see how well we have taught them. How far they will go to continue the fight.

If we hate they learn.. If we fight they learn.. If we abuse or kill they learn. They follow the lead set by the community and family around them.. thus the magnitude is magnified by that and the results of the current birth rates on a global scale.

So the war on terror will evolve with humanity, as a curse on all human kind.. a division that will only breed future hatred, anger and division.

Remember it is the children who will take over on all sides in this war.. and they have been watching and learning on both our side and the enemy.... but who is the real enemy? Is it us, our legacy? or will it be born into them?

How many times have we heard "everyone should see what happened on September 11 2001 including children"... Think about how many arab/muslim children are being shown the images of abuse of Arab/Muslims in an Iraqi prison at the hands of U.S. Soldiers.. and how the parents and community around these arab children are teaching them about these events.... Can you now see the global implications?

The current events in this war on terrorism worry me far less than the future.. and we are breeding that future, molding it and building the divide within.. in an Us and Them world the ultimate goal is just that.. an Us or Them world.

There will be only room for one as both sides will see it.

Of course we could get lucky and find a path to peace now and spare our children this future... But it may already be too late for that now!

Welcome to the paradox of war.

Gazz

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Yes, it is pathetic. When we are shown the images of war and destruction, we are shaping our attitudes to hate the "enemy". This will be passed on to future generations and nobody really does anything about it. There is no sense of global community, only global separation that is taught in the media. The terrorists are the enemies, love your country, etc., only breeds the separation and hatred the powers-that-be require to carry out their egoistic agendas.

To power to shape the future generations toward something different must begin now. Honestly, I can't really see any change in terms of what our society feeds the brains of people right now.

What we need is a revolution in our way of life. We need a teacher, someone spiritual, someone that will conquer evil and win the hearts of many. This person will conquer with love, much like what spiritual people of past did. This will be the person to conquer the powers-that-be who support evil. Of course, this is just my thinking.

Many more wars to come, yes, there will be by the way things are going. The children of today will continue the madness if nothing is done today.

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 10:40 PM
link   
good point dood, although im only 20 i too can see the faults in our society, and how todays kids have been brought into a world of fear, hatred, paranioa. this all leads to one thing... mass chaos. we have done it to ourselves by creating such a isolated world. there are questions to be asked and our adults have no answers. all they have is TV and other countless spoiles to divert our attention from the millions of muslims who absolutly hate our way of life. kids have no idea the impact our adults have made in creating a world where fear outwieghs reality! and while we are all sitting at the stop lights in our safe cars absolutly nothing is being solved. isolated people are counter progresive. nothing will be done to solve the problems of the world, but who cares as long as yall can drive your SUV's..............

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 10:59 PM
link   
kogigaidan,
What a thoughtful and disturbing post. In one sense, it's really enlightening for me to know what is going on in the mind of today's 20 year old. (I'm 52). In another sense, it's so rotten that we've created a world, for you to inherite, that has so much hate, paranoia, chaos, war, etc.
My generation was the one who thought we could change the world "for the better"..peace, love and all that.....
Look what we've created.
Although I grew up with the terrible fear of nuclear war and the Cold War, it was not so immediate or real as today's threats.
My generation talked a lot about abandoning "materialism" for something more spiritual. HA! We are terribly materialistic. In some ways, I'm really convinced we've failed you collectively.
We had some noble ideas and some stupid ones. It looks like the stupid ones are winning now.
I was a college teacher for years and miss hearing the opinions of my students. Please keep posting so that I can keep in touch with what younger people are thinking. I don't want to turn into some old codger that thinks "my way is the only way" and that there aren't any fresh, new solutions out there. I want to know figure out a way out of this mess we are all in.
Rant over,
Joey (the ex-hippie)

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 11:57 PM
link   
being materalistic is fine and dandy when we have something called communication.... when we substitute parenting with TV, issues are not brought to light, people (kids) get confused and start to hate each other. if adults do not mold their children then their children will not know how to deal with issues. i love it when i see a big car with a TV in the back for the kids, i guess people really hate talking to each other when u gotta watch TV in the car. i think people are scared of reality. mankind cannot advance if we do not communicate. the government and media will walk all over us and we will do nothing because we will be too scared to question wat we are not sure of. as history proves government does not always know best, its they intellegent few who keep to themselves who can advance things. forgive me for being so depresing... we still have our computers ^^

posted on May, 22 2004 @ 04:00 AM
link   
i may not be the smartest man around but i do know that no matter how much money you have, how much cool stuff you own, how many books you have read, how good at video games you are, how many cars you own, there is absolutly no substitute for human compasion! human compasion... the one thing you cant find any where in this bloody country

posted on May, 22 2004 @ 07:05 AM
link   
since the aquarium (earth) is overfilling we have to return to the only natural law that started it all:
only the strongest will survive !

nothing more or nothing less.

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 05:31 AM
link   
kids need compasion, all i see them getting are spoils. the strong are not always the happiest.

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 05:44 AM
link   
I see a difference.
In the West, we are raising a new generation that is going to be sick of war by the time that they grow up. They are daily bombarded with the message that conflict is bad. Our children will fear their so called enemy, but there will also be a fear of war.

In the East it is a different story. They are growing up to hate as well as fear. But they have been taught that war is an accepted means of destroying your enemy.

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 08:29 AM
link   
to keep the balance WAR is the only tool to be used...and since the "cake" have to be divided in more and more pieces...
if you still do wonder why the WTC towers have been kamikaze attacked...just think what mayor reason is behind this all !

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Please keep posting so that I can keep in touch with what younger people are thinking. I don't want to turn into some old codger that thinks "my way is the only way" and that there aren't any fresh, new solutions out there. I want to know figure out a way out of this mess we are all in.

Our growing reliance on materialistic posessions and money will eventually destroy our society. It has gone too far and I'm afraid it's too late to stop it...

[Edited on 25-5-2004 by PolskieWojsko]

new topics

top topics

join