It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Terrorists pose babies with rifles

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 04:12 AM
link   

Terrorists pose babies with rifles

news.ninemsn.com.au

Photographs of toddlers grasping high-powered firearms have emerged online in a reported propaganda stunt by a terrorist organisation.

The set of pictures show a girl in full Muslim dress, aged about two, sucking her fingers while holding an AK-47 assault rifle and have been linked to extremist group the Islamic Jihad Union.

The IJU has been linked to al-Qaeda and has clashed with western forces in Afghanistan.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 04:12 AM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/939f64bb37c7.png[/atsimg]

So this is major propaganda, I can't find much info about it yet but the linked article states that a group called Islamic Jihad Union took these.

For what purpose?

Is this really propaganda in favour of Islam or against?

I'm leaning towards against due to the irresponsibility and stupidity of such an idea...

news.ninemsn.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 5/12/09 by Chadwickus]

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 04:19 AM
link   
Wow that hits quite hard at home seeing that pic. Shes even wearing the black dress thing. Still looks like propaganda as could be photoed anywhere with any child wearing that.

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 04:26 AM
link   
I use to live in a threeplex in California, my brother had one apartment, I had one and a friend had the third.

The friends daughter was visiting and she had brought her son, 2 years old cuter than hell.

Well he had fallen asleep on my couch and was all spread out in a weird half laying and half sitting position. Well it was the weekend and we were swimming in the pool having drinks etc. Well we saw him (no names used) sleeping the way he was and we thought it would be funny to slide a bottle of Jack Daniels into his hand, it fit perfectly and snapped away.

The photos looked funnier than hell.

Now, if we posted them anywhere I am sure the internet photo nazi's could have ended up getting the child taken from her mother.

PROPAGANDA maybe?

[edit on 12/5/2009 by endisnighe]

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 04:29 AM
link   
It seems the original article is from The Sun, which doesn't help the validity of the pictures.

But I gotta ask why would anyone even consider doing this?

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 04:32 AM
link   
reply to post by endisnighe

Ahah yeah, my nephew is nearing 2 I think now, but hes getting into all sorts of things and awhile ago took a few snaps of him with an empty can of bourbon and cola. Looked funny, but yeah your right about the 'internet photo nazi's'.

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 04:32 AM
link   
awww how cute! A widdle beby wit a rifle!

Isn't she precious?

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 04:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

Like I said in my post, having a few drinks or someone not being very smart thinking of sending out a few Allah be great cards?

Of course in a lot of these countries the guns are part of everyday life where in some guns are almost a Pavlovian response.

Should I post a couple photos of my family with guns and deer swinging overhead? I shot my first deer when I was 8.

I do find this picture not to be as bad as most folk would more stupidity than anything else.

But of course I believe the reason it was attached to the article to be mainly sensationalism.

edit to make one sentence a lot more clear-jeez it made no sense at all the way I wrote it

[edit on 12/5/2009 by endisnighe]

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 04:50 AM
link   

Don't get me wrong, the pictures alone don't offend me or effect me.

I'm more concerned about the the purpose of their use.

If it was the Islamist group posting them, why? To make people hate and fear them more?

Or are they falsely attributed to the group by someone else in an attempt to show them in a bad light...

Either reason doesn't sit right with me.

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 05:09 AM
link   

its not so shocking really. this is an american baby, with american parents.

the photo is titled: BABYS FIRST GUN.

??? where the hell is my pic gone? i coded it right

[edit on 5-12-2009 by MR BOB]

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 05:24 AM
link   
It seems that such stupidity is prevalent all over the world.

From Technicolor Dreams

People do the craziest things in their own image. Its very sad.

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 05:55 AM
link   
Why do people in the West care about terrorist babies so much anyway. Once they are old enough to fire the weapon they're targets. This morally correct B.S. doesn't hold up in the real world.

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 06:24 AM
link   
I would not take any notice of that picture especially when it is printed in that filthy rag of a paper called the sun
That paper is for retards and Neanderthals
And anyone who reads that manipulating propaganda news paper
In my opinion must be suffering from ....a very serious learning disability.......barf:

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus

Don't get me wrong, the pictures alone don't offend me or effect me.

I'm more concerned about the the purpose of their use.

If it was the Islamist group posting them, why? To make people hate and fear them more?

Or are they falsely attributed to the group by someone else in an attempt to show them in a bad light...

Either reason doesn't sit right with me.

Back to your usual habit, Chadwickus; I've noticed you do this a lot . . .

You look at something and see straight through it to the logical truth behind it.
Very unpatriotic of you to not fall for the latest propaganda.

Btw folks, Muslim extremists don't dress little children in the chador, and they don't teach the girls to do anything other than housework;
they are not supposed to be able to defend themselves.

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Give a kid in the US a Gun and there an "AMERICAN", give a kid in the Middle East a Gun and there a "TERRORIST". Dont even get me started on anyone who dares owns a Toy Lego Gun.

What a world we live in these days "rolls eyes."

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 02:46 PM
link   
My guess would be that 'al-CIA-da' is behind that photo...

Gotta keep the fake war on terror in the news....."look at those terrorists over there training their young kids to kill us for our freedom."

ROBL240, star for your post..

new topics

top topics

join