It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fast food for slow people.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 04:11 AM
link   
Hello everyone. I was about to go to the dining facility for breakfast when they had closed 8 mins early so I went to Burger king and ate a whopper with cheese. I couldnt finish the whole thing so I broke it into pieces and fed it to the flock of birds that was nearby and they devoured it like if it was there last meal. Usually I dont eat fast food often but when I finished the burger I felt really weird and tired. I went back to my tent and fell asleep but when I woke up I felt worse then ever. I couldnt focus, was moving slower then usual and I was getting more sleepy as time went by. So I was wondering why this happened here in Iraq and not in the states when I seldomly eat at Burger king? Could it be that they put more chemicals in the burgers internationally to get people addicted and eat more or did they just overdo it on the MSG's. I eat healther now since the incident but ever since I saw those birds eat that burger, I wondered how long will those birds live if they eat like this all the time?

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 04:35 AM
link   
A good nutritious meal should leave you feeling energized and ready for some action. If what you eat on the other hand leaves you feeling like you need a nap afterwards, I would question what you're eating and change your diet. All that factory farm meat that comes from those influenza breeding grounds is just nasty. Animals weren't meant to live on top of their own feces, and that's what meat has become .. it's filthy sick stuff now (imagine how healthy you would be living in a factory farm?). Obviously what you ate was sickening. Avoid meat for a while and eat a balanced diet of all the other foods and see if you start to feel like superman after a meal instead.

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 04:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Divinorumus

I agree. I have personally stopped going to fast food joints here in Iraq and plan to eat more at the dining facility. I dont even drink soda anymore, just fruit juices.

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 06:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Stop-loss!

I don't know what your diet consists of, but I do know this.

If you are being fed meals with added values, i.e., vitamins, amino acids, or "supplements", and all the sudden, it changes to a whopper, with no added supplements, it would cause a disruption in your digestive system and a crash of your immune system. By "supplements" I mean: Things added to give you more vigor, energy, stamina, or just aggresive nature.
But, that's another conspiracy theory I have...

Remember, your immune system starts at the stomach. What you ingest, will tell your body how to react. If your used to a certain food, your body adjusts to it. If it gets a load of greasy crap, you will get "sick". So-to-speak.

Just a thought.

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 06:22 AM
link   
Tiredness after eating is usually due to dehydration, more so with high carb meals. It's has little to do with the fact it's "fast food" or processed. You could eat a meal of free range organic whatever and still fall asleep in front of the tv after. Also contrary to whover said you should feel energetic after eating, what utter crap, digestion uses energy, which takes a while to be replaced by the food you just ate. That contributes to the fatigue also.

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 06:26 AM
link   
reply to post by fumanchu

Yeah, thats probably why I felt so tired after eating that crap. Also ive been going to the bathroom a lot, but that might have something to do with the spicy foods I eat.

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by fumanchu
Also contrary to whover said you should feel energetic after eating, what utter crap, digestion uses energy, which takes a while to be replaced by the food you just ate. That contributes to the fatigue also.

Yeah, it probably does use lots of energy trying to digest all that meat and fat.

What I know is that after I gave up meat thang years ago I feel great after a fresh meal instead of hunk of fried ground animal carcasses. It's all that animal fat coursing through ones veins that makes one feel weak and tired after a meal. A nutrient poor lunch also leaves the body still feeling weak and hungry because it didn't get all the right nutrients too. This also leaves you still craving for more food in an attempt to fulfill those nutrient requirements, which is why Americans have become so fat. They are eating foods cut with water and thickening agents and gelatin and other inert junk in order to increase corporate profits and stretch one tomato out as a meal for four. Don't eat any of that corporate processed and produced yuck out there. Honestly, this horrible diet Americans are on is what is putting them in the hospital with so many illnesses.

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 10:36 AM
link   
A whopper made you slow, tired and this is somehow surprising??? lol

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Rawhemp

now that I think about it, fast food is pretty much good at what it does, makes you real slow in every aspect.

top topics

join