It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do You Know what the Most Fearless Animal on Earth is?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 01:27 AM
link   
Hi all,

i'll be honest. Until tonight I had never ever heard of this creature before. It is officially recognised in the Guiness Book of Records as the "Worlds Most Fearless Creature"!!

I've put together a few absolutely amazing video clips of this vicious beast in action.

Prepare to be shocked!!

It is.......................... THE HONEY BADGER!!

An Introduction to the Honey Badger

Honey Badger owns Monitor Lizard

Honey Badger & Leopard

There you have it! I am shocked. What a vicious little beast. To stand up to a lion or a leopard has to command respect!

Isnt nature great!

For a tonne of information on this creature visit this site -

www.honeybadger.com...

G.

[edit on 5-12-2009 by grantbeed]

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 01:38 AM
link   
It doesn’t surprise me as I use to raise ferrets, they can be pretty thickheaded too. Its like they were just too curious to be afraid of things, and once they have made up their mind they want to do something its very difficult to stop them from doing it. A lot of ferrets end up dead for that exact reason. I guess its just a trait of the Mustelid Family in general.

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 02:18 AM
link   
this is sweet and all, i got into these animals a few years ago. everyone should check out the vids.

not trying to stomp your thread or anything though, but where is the conspiracy? unless they can smell conspiracy theories? or smell threads that should be at below top secret?

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 02:30 AM
link   
reply to post by shagreen heart

Well, if I were going to weaponize an animal, I can hardly think of a better candidate than one that gets bitten by a deadly snake, dies, and then gets back up to finish eating the snake that killed it.

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 02:58 AM
link   
Although the honey badger is tough, he doesn't really take on anything that can really kill him, I was impressed with the Cobra kill untill I discovered the badger is actually immune to the venom.

I still vote for the Wolverine, who will defend his territory from any animal no matter what the size, ... there's video's of them chasing off bear's and wolf packs from kills.

they actually look so the same, so I'm sure their closely related.

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 06:45 AM
link   
I have to second Intastellaburst on the wolverine, I've seen films where they take on panthers and grizzlies. The do look very similar to the honey badger but I'll check to see if they are closey related. Oh, and a close second place would be my mother when she is pissed off

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 07:05 AM
link   
I would've guess that the shrew was the fiercest/most fearless animal. Interesting vid!

When I was a kid, there was a guy from Fish & Game that had a penned badger. It had been injured and our local vet had tended to it after sedating it. They'd built a hutch with a flap door with the idea that they could "scare" the badger into the hutch, hold down the flap and feed it and clean the pen. Around this hutch was a four-foot wall and four posts that held up a makeshift roof.

Nothing doing. It didn't "scare" worth a darn. Even before the badger was healed (multiple breaks in a leg/ hip, laceractions, etc.) it would mercilessly attack the rake they used to remove the badger's feces from the penned in area. To feed it, no problem.......... they'd drop pellets into a pan, but to give it water was this whole operation with a bottle and hose and all the while the badger trying to rip up anything it could get with it's little underbite werewolf teeth. At least that's the way I thought of the teeth at the time -- I was 8 years old. I was asked by the man, a friend of my dad's, to take care of the badger for four days while he was gone.

I was scared to death of that little furball of fury. It was vicious and for good reason. I didn't want to do it, but my Dad talked me into it. I always wondered if when they eventually turned it loose if it turned around and ripped the crap out of the cage and truck first before scampering off.

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 07:06 AM
link   
Well, At least it's a good enough reason to name a ball team after them. Can you imagine..

N.Y Giants Vs the Jersey Honey Badgers.

Honey Badgers win Super Bowl!

Ricky Williams says he's proud to play for the Honey Badgers !

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 07:11 AM
link   
The most fearless animal on planet Earth is human. I thought it was self evident. Instead, people are discussing ferrets and all...

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 07:15 AM
link   
Dang!

After watching that, I would definitely initiate a self-rescue and beat feet fast if one of those mothers popped up out of hole anywhere near me! My previous instinct would have been to stick around and say things like "Aww, look at the cute badger..."

Talk about vicious. I have to agree with someone's post above - badgers just do not care.

[edit on 5/12/2009 by kosmicjack]

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 07:16 AM
link   
reply to post by buddhasystem

not self-evident to me... I'd think of humans as the most feared or fearful animal, and with good reason, but when a person sees how small creatures refuse to back down against foes two, three and four times their size, that instinctive drive is real fearlessness to me. That seems particularly true with wild animals, but also true with domesticated ones, such as a small cat/large dog contest. JMO.

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 07:33 AM
link   
i would love to be a corrupt politician with a honey badger for a pet

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Bernard Heuvelmans, the father of cryptozoology proposed in his book On the Track of Unknown Animals the ratel or honey badger as possible creature behind the Nandi bear.

Nandi Bear

The Nandi Bear is a cryptid, or unconfirmed animal, reported to live in Africa. It takes its name from the Nandi people who live in western Kenya, near where the Nandi Bear is reported as living. The Nandi people call it Kerit. Local legend holds that it only eats the brain of its victims.

Descriptions of the Nandi Bear are of a ferocious, powerfully built carnivore with high front shoulders (over four feet tall) and a sloping back; somewhat similar to a hyena. Some[1] have speculated that Nandi Bears are in fact a misidentified hyena (or an unrecognized hyena subspecies)

en.wikipedia.org...

In this context the story about man-eating bear like beasts near Basra becomes quite interesting. The animals were later identified as ratels or honey badgers.
news.bbc.co.uk...

Predators of the family Mustelidae kill, compared to their own bodymass, very large prey. So perhaps old badgers have attacked and killed sleeping humans.

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by argentus
reply to post by buddhasystem

not self-evident to me... I'd think of humans as the most feared or fearful animal, and with good reason, but when a person sees how small creatures refuse to back down against foes two, three and four times their size, that instinctive drive is real fearlessness to me.

I thoughts examples like 300 Spartans and multitude of others like that American hero in Iraq who covered an insurgent grenade with his body to protects his fellow soldiers, would make it evident, but what do I know.

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Drunkenshrew

interesting! this doesnt surprise me. Ive never heard of this before. cheers for the links.

new topics

top topics

join