It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

[RINGS] New Clue????....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 10:15 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Ok, this may be in line with the question that was asked, but Simon said today...

'For all you old timers, you may recall ATS did have such a secret section at one time accessed by clicking a Pi symbol in the lower right hand corner of the main site homepage.... '

This may be nothing and I did not see anything, so maybe something to keep in the back of your minds for later.......... I am not discounting anything right now...
****** Unless Simon wants to debunk this now...

posted on May, 22 2004 @ 03:09 AM
link   
Good catch, JCM.

But, like you, I have been unable to find a PI anywhere, on the forum homepage, on the ATS homepage, or on the Find The Rings homepage. Perhaps this will come into play later?!? Or, maybe Simon was pointing out an actual historic fact about ATS. If so, I wonder what the PI did link to?

Gotta love PI. It's one of those constants that seems to tie into everything else, like c (the speed of light in vacuum). I wonder if it's one of the keys to finding the Grand Unification Theory? If so, how? Man, the universe is awesome! How come the relation between the circumference of a circle to the diameter of the same circle is so prevelant in physics? Is the universe a circle/sphere? Are we supposed to think in spherical coordinates instead of rectangular? It boggles the mind!

[Edited on 5/22/2004 by PurdueNuc]

posted on May, 22 2004 @ 03:54 AM
link   
Space, Time, and Reality... nothing more interesting....

Well, I am keeping an eye on the site at all times...
Hopefully we can catch anything that pops up.

PurdueNuc.. BTW... I have put alot of my research on the web right now. Take a look at it if you want any of it. More to come ... Simon is sure making this interesting, I do not think Ihave learned so much about history in my life...... ha ha ha.

posted on May, 22 2004 @ 05:45 AM
link   
I couldn't find a pi symbol on any of the cached page at the Wayback Machine and these cached pages go back to 1998.

Simon, if this is true, in what year did that pi symbol exist?

posted on May, 22 2004 @ 11:56 AM
link   
found it click on marc 2 2001 and give it a while and in the lower right it will appear it is almost microscopic but it is in a box so u can see it and it looks like a dot but right click go to properties it is called pi.gif and it takes forever to load if you click it so i never had the patience to see wat it was

posted on May, 22 2004 @ 12:42 PM
link   
I tried going to the link from that small dot but nothing happened. I read "Majestic Allience" so I figure thats what it was called. Also, I went to the old message board from a link on there and there was a Majestic Allience part of the board, I went there, and there were two posts but neither work
web.archive.org... vetopsecretfrm19

posted on May, 22 2004 @ 04:08 PM
link   
I don't suppose this seems familiar to anyone?
www.gamespot.com...
The latest clue led me there.. and well... its worth a look.

posted on May, 22 2004 @ 04:23 PM
link   
I don't suppose that little arrow to the right of the MemberCenter box on the page has any meaning? When I click it, it takes me to a stats page.

posted on May, 22 2004 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Ummm... I see that this has already been thoroughly covered, making me a dumb-wad
Sorry

posted on May, 22 2004 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Nephratari, looks like were guinea pigs for a new gaming format.

I hope the new version is a bit faster

posted on May, 22 2004 @ 07:41 PM
link   
i don't know that i'd call it new, several have been run.

posted on May, 22 2004 @ 08:10 PM
link   
interesting website. So I'll rephrase it, I'm new to this new format of gaming.

posted on May, 22 2004 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Majestic ran about 3 years ago. It was one of the first "immersive" games on the internet. There have been quite a few since then. I heard about this game (Find the Rings) on a forum dedicated to ARGs...Alternate Reality Gaming... called Unfiction. This is a good article about Majestic. www.disinfo.com...

Unfortunatly they didn't get the subscriber base they were hoping for and the game folded after 3 or 4 months.

[Edited on 5/22/2004 by dashcat]

posted on May, 22 2004 @ 10:35 PM
link   
If that white dot on ATS a while back has anything to do with FTR, then the Majestic Alliance also has something to do with FTR, cause ATS used to have a whole part of the forum dedicated to it.

posted on May, 23 2004 @ 05:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by machinegunjordan
found it click on marc 2 2001 and give it a while and in the lower right it will appear it is almost microscopic but it is in a box so u can see it and it looks like a dot but right click go to properties it is called pi.gif and it takes forever to load if you click it so i never had the patience to see wat it was

If you click it the page it takes you to is a macromedia flash movie, but yes it takes ages to load and it doesn't play YET!

new topics

top topics

join