It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Enough with the Vampire talk.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Vampires do not exist. They never have, they never will.
I have read through COUNTLESS threads on this board claiming "proof" that vampires exist (I'm talking the blood suckers, not "psychic" vampired) and every single one has ended up with absolutely nothing.
The most compelling evidence has been random conjecture without any sort of evidence, and I for one am sick of reading thread after thread that's clogging up this board with pointless nonsense.

The purpose of the Crypto board is to discuss the existence of creatures which science has yet to identify, not to unabashedly throw out false claims of "proof" of anything - most of which come from the poorly spelled ramblings of a teenager who has read far too much Twilight.

That being said, I challenge the authors of any of the multitudes of vampire-related threads on this board (or those who endorse them) to show me any kind of concrete proof that could even remotely indicate a plausible theory of the existence of vampires.

Note: I do not intend to disprove their existence (it is impossible to disprove anything, really) but to see if anyone out there can give credible evidence.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 11:03 PM
link   
The vampire is nothing more then a parasite. The same as a tick or mosquito. There are plenty of human parasites in today's society.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 11:05 PM
link   
It's not really that bad on ats, I mean you kind of expect it.

But i'm really worried that, with all these Twilight movies (which odd enough I heard about it last month.... apparently its really big) is going to get everyone believing.... because their stupid...

Kind of reminds me of that south park episode...

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 11:16 PM
link   
We basically label 'vampirism' a psychological condition. Not what you might think.

Usually teen girls, are unhappy and unfulfilled in life and get depressed, and regress into a fantasy world that is appealing to them, fast lifestyle, romance, whatever floats their boat... and some actually believe (or pretend to believe) they are a vampire and try to convince themself they are.

You could say it is an extension of exaggeration, I mean have you ever had a boring day and told someone it was awesome, to make them jealous, or appear more exciting, or maybe you didnt know why you said it? It is like that, but to the extreme.

If you want a simple explanation, people will believe what they want to believe. In fact thats the term belief, blind faith in something you have no proof for. Because you WANT it to be true.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 11:17 PM
link   
I agree with the OP.

Sure I found vampires fascinating... and killing them even cooler back in the late 80's when the Lost Boys was out. But that was then and this is now... IMO, Vampires don't exist, they never did, they never will.

Can I prove it? No...

Can the believers prove it? F^&* No.

Common sense people. They yeti is plausible... but vampires are fictional.

It was a story from the late 1800's. The author reads about some crazy, vicious Romanian dude, who had a cool sounding name and worked out a fantastic piece of Fiction! But that's all it was, a story.

I love True Blood (Sookie!) - but there's no such things as vamps.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Maybe they don't suck blood or have eternal bodies, but they do exist as the spirit of certain people. Ya know, that mentality that creates nothing yet absorbs the creations of another, and somehow passes it off as its very own creation. That which sucks the life out of souls. That negative energy. These things certainly do exist.

Greys exist as well. They are reconciled emotion and logic, transcending duality, yet without purpose. Maybe they are not manifested in physical form, yet they exist. Greys seek purpose, yet will find none without love.

Reptilians exist, if not in physical form, then at least in a mentality that relies solely on the logic. It is logic in search of a soul, yet will never find it on its own. Logic not reconciled with emotion has no spirit, no spiral, no soul. It always runs into THE WALL, so to speak. It relies on the binary cord, the reptile brain.

I hope I have added a weightless clarity to a few things.
Edit: Viperfox, you are wise in your statement.

[edit on 4-12-2009 by orwellianunenlightenment]

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by orwellianunenlightenment
Maybe they don't suck blood or have eternal bodies, but they do exist as the spirit of certain people. Ya know, that mentality that creates nothing yet absorbs the creations of another, and somehow passes it off as its very own creation. That which sucks the life out of souls.

Thats called a capitalist!

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by orwellianunenlightenment

Psychic vampires. What they do is they feed off your energy. If you are in a good mood and positive, they will drain that from you. that is when you feel weak and tired. I've just heard about that before I mean I don't believe in vampires. I believe in freaks who think they are

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by capgirl

Oh then I guess all the women I have ever dated or married were psychic vampires then. Thanks. I have always wondered what was wrong with them.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 11:57 PM
link   
I loved Anne Rice when i was young in the early 90's. I imagine had the internet been a big deal then I'd be on those type of threads postulating. then again I liked Dragonlance too and I dont think I'd believe in dragons or wizards.

what we need mis a new bigfoot hoax to put a stop to the vampire BS. its been over a year!

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Don't click on the threads then.

I agree the subject as presented is ridiculous, and most either belong in the paranormal studies / psychological or hoax forums, but really the board needs to allow members to express themselves.

You know at best a Vampire thread is going to be about a psychic "vampire", at worst its going to be complete bs. So just dont read them, let the kids verbally jack each other off, and get on with your life.

If some "real" vampire info turns up youll hear about it via the conspiracy community make a fuss and you can return to the threads then.

That said as per the forum rules there should only be one thread about vampires every three months or a new can only be made if the old one has been inactive not sure which.

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 12:01 AM
link   
hm, vampires never existed? then why are there stories about these creatures from all over the world for many many many years? where did the legends come from? and without the availability of modern communication technology these people all over the world had stories of the same type of creature, never having talked to each other. im sorry, im just not naive enough to think that i know everything and that i know which creatures exist and which dont. do i think that vampires exist? im not sure, as i've never met one. but im not going to immediately discount their existence based on a lack of physical proof. there are many things that cant be physically proven and there are many things that exist even though you cant see them.

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by devilishlyangelic23

Well cultures from around the world have talked about monkeys flying out of peoples asses at one time or another, so do you believe that also happens?

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 12:29 AM
link   
reply to post by GioTheGreek

There is some historical basis at least of Dracula. Vlad Tepes, otherwise known as Vlad the Impailer. He's the dude who inspired Stoker's novel.

Here is a brief write up on him not a nice fellow, but no turning into wolves, bats, living in caskets, etc. It is actually an interesting bit of history that most folks never get exposed to. Take the 5 minutes and give it a read.

www.allsands.com...

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Well you know what I'm sick of the "enough of this topic threads"... How about you debunk their claims on those threads and not "clog" this site with threads like this. Or better yet don't even read threads that concern vampires if it really gets your panties in a bunch... Ever think of that?

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by devilishlyangelic23

Ever heard of a rumour? In high school there was a rumour that I slept with the entire ESL class and I was suprised when the rumour actually got to me. Among other rumours about me.

The fact that you need sunlight for, which is it, vitamin D? And you cant get all the nutrients you need out of blood, makes me think it is literally impossible... and I mean people with pointy teeth, die from sunlight, and can magically convert others when they bite... I dont think human can just speciate into that.

That vampires are based on something I have no doubt. Like all 'myths'. But I know it comes from Vlad Dracul, and I believe there is a mental condition of obsession with blood (and with it comes indifference to suffering of others, lack of empathy).

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 12:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Ridhya

Not all the vampire myths are the same, the idea that vampires need to burst into flame when they contact sunlight and have point teeth is a modern version of the legend.

For example some forms of far eastern vampires live off breath, others are normal during the day but at night their heads fly off from their bodies and go off seeking blood.

There are themes which seem to crop up as template concepts through humanities history, trying to find out why is always worthwhile.

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 01:09 AM
link   
reply to post by dolphinfan

Dude didnt you read my post?

I referenced Vlad the Impaler..dont be so quick to jump Mr All hig and Mighty.

[edit on 5-12-2009 by GioTheGreek]

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 01:23 AM
link   
reply to post by GioTheGreek

Actually, you made reference to "some crazy, vicious Romanian dude". My providing more detailed information was meant to help folks get some facts about the history, should they want to. I guess that I could have let that pass and have folks go off of your post do some research on "some crazy, vicious Romanian dude", but I thought I could save them a bit of time.

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 02:02 AM
link   
The vampire threads have actually been pretty abundant since before the Twilight craze. It has it's place here, but I think a lot of the threads could/should have been merged.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join